The design and the Details look So great in this Image
Great work on it and here Cookies for you ^__^
Old 2009-06-26, 07:45   Link #62
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Yay, cookies!!!

Glad you liked it, Evil. Though I was everywhere with the inks, it was fun to do.

Just finished a quick digital sketch that I loosely threw inks on and a limit of a single tone.

Spoiler for Not quite as Large Image:

-Enjoy!
Very nice I like what I see here haha
*or actually, the phrase is more like, what I don't see lol
Satsumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 22:20   Link #63
Zhaxra

Thanks guys! Glad you liked them.
Old 2009-07-06, 04:04   Link #64
Cierra
Pieces Of Me
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Cierra
Blame me for not visiting this thread earlier. You know I'm a big fan of ur creations Zhax! Keep up the good work!

Thanks to KiNa for this lovely signature =3
Cierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 06:34   Link #65
Zhaxra

Negi made a Pactio with who!?

@Cierra - Thanks! I happy that you like them! Also terribly sorry about the late reply.

Pactio time! This idea of Negi Springfield and Zantanna occurred to me while I was working on the Ruby image for the magic jam some time ago, so I finally decided to work on it off and on for the last couple of weeks. BG is extremely quick and simplified. I found a template for the pactio card online but had to research the Latin. Did a separate drawing for the image of Zatanna on the card which is an homage of one of Bruce Timms renditions of her. Took the two and compostited them in CS3.

Spoiler for for large image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-09-03, 05:55   Link #66
Zhaxra

Disney Bought Marvel!?

The news that Disney bought Marvel stunned me. A forum I frequent, had an impromptu Disney/Marvel jam to celebrate the marriage. So I ended up with Typhoid Minnie.

Spoiler for Yada Yada:

I tried to stay away from the obvious mixtures (ie: Mickey/Wolverine) and in the process realized just how difficult Minnie is to nail down.

I also forgot to post this sketch I did last week, to make up for the lack of 'Anime-style' content in this thread.

Spoiler for Nooo! ZhaxRa attempts Anime Style and Fails miserably!!:

Both were done in Manga Studio EX, which I upgraded to from Debut. Picked up MS EX4 for approx $140 after shipping from an Amazon Partner instead of the normal $299 which was an awesome deal in my book.

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-09-03, 09:57   Link #67
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

We have a discussion about the isue of Disney Buying MARVEL here if you like to come and coment.

Also... that's Mickey dressed like who?
Old 2009-09-03, 11:39   Link #68
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
The news that Disney bought Marvel stunned me. A forum I frequent, had an impromptu Disney/Marvel jam to celebrate the marriage. So I ended up with Typhoid Minnie.

Spoiler for Yada Yada:
wahh..that Scary Image for Mickey
but still the art is Great
Old 2009-09-06, 00:02   Link #69
Zhaxra

@Evil: Actually that's suppose to be an amalgam of Minnie Mouse and Typhoid Mary (a Daredevil Villain). I just noticed that I forgot her tail.

@Chaos: Glad you liked it! Even more happy that you thought she was scary!

I just finished up another one for a Disney/Art jam. Took about 2.5 hrs with Manga Studio EX4. This time it's M.O.D.U.C.K.

Spoiler for yada yada II:

It's Donald Duck and M.O.D.O.K.

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-09-06, 00:06   Link #70
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Evil: Actually that's suppose to be an amalgam of Minnie Mouse and Typhoid Mary (a Daredevil Villain). I just noticed that I forgot her tail.

@Chaos: Glad you liked it! Even more happy that you thought she was scary!

I just finished up another one for a Disney/Art jam. Took about 2.5 hrs with Manga Studio EX4. This time it's M.O.D.U.C.K.

Spoiler for yada yada II:

It's Donald Duck and M.O.D.O.K.

-Enjoy!
lol.

Good one.
Old 2009-09-08, 04:49   Link #71
Zhaxra

Thanks Evil! Glad you liked the M.O.D.U.C.K.

This will probably be the last I'll do for the Disney/Marvel jam over on Deviant.art, for now. This one took me over the course of three days. I spent most of the time on the inks for Alice, then when it was Shan Yu's turn, I kind of went just half-assed on inks. I also opted to color it simply, as I have not done any color works for a while and was a bit rusty. I also think the simple colors help sell Alice better than if I over did it.

So here is Wonderlocke vs. Sabrehun! yeah, yeah, I suck at names

Spoiler for yada yada III:

Characters: Shan Yu (From Mulan combined with Sabretooth, Alice (From Alice in Wonderland combined with Psylocke)
Approx. time to complete 10-12 hours.
Medium: Manga Studio EX 4, PhotoShop CS3, Wacom Intuos.

-Enjoy!

Last edited by Zhaxra; 2009-09-08 at 12:45.
Zhaxra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 10:10   Link #72
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thanks Evil! Glad you liked the M.O.D.U.C.K.

This will probably be the last I'll do for the Disney/Marvel jam over on Deviant.art, for now. This one took me over the course of three days. I spent most of the time on the inks for Alice, then when it was Shan Yu's turn, I kind of went just half-assed on inks. I also opted to color it simply, as I have not done any color works for a while and was a bit rusty. I also think the simple colors help sell Alice better than if I over did it.

So here is Wonerlocke vs. Sabrehun! yeah, yeah, I suck at names

Characters: Shan Yu (From Mulan combined with Sabretooth, Alice (From Alice in Wonderland combined with Psylocke)
Approx. time to complete 10-12 hours.
Medium: Manga Studio EX 4, PhotoShop CS3, Wacom Intuos.

-Enjoy!
Yay! Thisis just great!

"cookies"
Old 2009-09-08, 11:15   Link #73
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
So here is Wonerlocke vs. Sabrehun! yeah, yeah, I suck at names

I thought I saw the big guy from somewhere and it turn to be from Mulan..Great work on it
Old 2009-09-09, 07:07   Link #74
Zhaxra

@theChaos: Happy you got a kick out of it. When I was looking for Disney villains to use, I saw a picture of Shan Yu and instantly thought he was perfect for Sabretooth.

I told myself I wasn't going to do another one. But I always sketch while listening to gaming podcasts and they talked about the Disney acquiring Marvel, so this dashing hat thief came to be. Kept it simple for sanity's sake.

Spoiler for yada yada IV:

Medium: Manga Studio EX4, Wacom Intuos
Time: Approx 2.5 hours.

*whew* Okay, I think I'm done with these for now... really!
Old 2009-09-09, 10:26   Link #75
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Mad Hatter and Gambit, good one as well.
Old 2009-09-16, 08:28   Link #76
Zhaxra

@Evil: Thanks! I'm happy these are providing some mad enjoyment.

I never seem to listen to myself, but I did another one of these Disney/Marvel mash-ups. I swear this is the last one for a while.

If you thought the Mad Gambit was a crazy idea, that's nothing against Spider-Poppins vs. The Reluctant Fang Foom!

Spoiler for yada yada ... I lost count:

Rushed colors done in PS CS3, Pencils and inks in Manga Studio EX4.

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-10-03, 08:31   Link #77
Zhaxra

Just finished an entry for a 'Monsters of Universal' jam and I figured I'd share it. I chose the Invisible Man. Turned out to be a little more difficult than I had planned.

Spoiler for Is this thing on?:

Medium: Manga Studio EX4, Wacom Intous

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-11-19, 07:03   Link #78
Zhaxra

Rivals: Kasumi vs. Li Mei

More fan art, this time of Kasumi and Li Mei from Evil Ricks' Illustrative Fiction series (aka comic or manga - depending on which side of the bed your on), Master Light! This is to celebrate his commitment for continuing his creation, which takes a lot of dedication and effort and is definitely not as easy as it looks.

I tried to finish it up before I went on vacation, which unfortunately meant no tones or colors and a quickie background.

Medium: Manga Studio EX 4; Wacom Intous 12x12 Tablet.
Music listened to: Uncharted 1 & 2 OST, Tomb Raider Underworld OST, Aion OST, Angels and Demons OST

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-11-19, 12:49   Link #79
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
More fan art, this time of Kasumi and Li Mei from Evil Ricks' Illustrative Fiction series (aka comic or manga - depending on which side of the bed your on), Master Light! This is to celebrate his commitment for continuing his creation, which takes a lot of dedication and effort and is definitely not as easy as it looks.

I tried to finish it up before I went on vacation, which unfortunately meant no tones or colors and a quickie background.

Medium: Manga Studio EX 4; Wacom Intous 12x12 Tablet.
Music listened to: Uncharted 1 & 2 OST, Tomb Raider Underworld OST, Aion OST, Angels and Demons OST

-Enjoy!
You'll never stop surprising me with such awesome pictures, the thanks are for you, because you people are the ones who push me to keep making Master Light.

Thanks again for the feedback and for the friendship!
Old 2009-12-11, 06:08   Link #80
Zhaxra

Thanks, Evil! I get a kick out of your characters which is why it's so fun attempting to try them out. I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed them.

Sadly, I'll probably never get around to coloring the 'Rivals' image, so if anyone wants to color it, feel free.

Just finished a sketch and ink practice. I kinda like how it came out. I did use photo ref. for this portrait, though it doesn't look like the model.

Spoiler for enbiggen:

I was half tempted to use this as the final for AAAFA's 'Scarves' jam, but I feel the silhouette of the scarf itself isn't as strong pronounced as I wished.

-Enjoy!