AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 13 22.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 20.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-28, 07:07   Link #501
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutX View Post
Wait, what?
Don't get startled by that question.

I doubt it. If they were going to cancel it, that would have happened quietly after the indefinite delay from back in March.

We're now months later with a new PV (albeit private so far) and an announced period for release that's actually more concrete.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 12:03   Link #502
BahamutX

I meant what was this about another delay?
BahamutX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 12:27   Link #503
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutX View Post
I meant what was this about another delay?
I'm referring to the Anime News Network's article that this show has been delayed to May 2015.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ay-2015/.78987

That kind of delay isn't very promising for any anime.
It could mean production troubles, or it could mean a lack of funding/budget overrun.
Delays can also lead to a cancellation of any show if there is not enough interest/sales and/or if there are too many issues with its production.

The delay went from a state of "infinite" to a date a few months shy of a year away, that doesn't look promising to me.

I didn't say it was canceled, I asked if they would cancel it.
The possibility does exist.
The probability of it being canceled is arguable.
Old 2014-09-28, 14:45   Link #504
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Ahh Suzaku, after all these years, I still want to punch you through the face the moment I saw you.
whole code geass I never though I 'll meet person I'll hate more than him....
till Ougi sold out Lelouch and rest of world for woman(main reason) and Japan(to convince other)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm referring to the Anime News Network's article that this show has been delayed to May 2015.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ay-2015/.78987

That kind of delay isn't very promising for any anime.
It could mean production troubles, or it could mean a lack of funding/budget overrun.
Delays can also lead to a cancellation of any show if there is not enough interest/sales and/or if there are too many issues with its production.

The delay went from a state of "infinite" to a date a few months shy of a year away, that doesn't look promising to me.

I didn't say it was canceled, I asked if they would cancel it.
The possibility does exist.
The probability of it being canceled is arguable.
that could only be true if episode one and two never gone out>
but the second they gone = they no longer can stop without third one unless they want to lose their face

yeah they can end it with third episode if they no longer have resources like Gundam Unicorn
(it was suppose to be longer but because Age failed hard they cut few ova not stop in middle of story)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 14:59   Link #505
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
whole code geass I never though I 'll meet person I'll hate more than him....
till Ougi sold out Lelouch and rest of world for woman(main reason) and Japan(to convince other)
When you consider Lelouch sold the entire Black knights for Nunally its kinda hard not to blame him and not to mention all the stuff he hid from them i dont blame him for the betrayal.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 20:52   Link #506
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
that could only be true if episode one and two never gone out>
but the second they gone = they no longer can stop without third one unless they want to lose their face

yeah they can end it with third episode if they no longer have resources like Gundam Unicorn
(it was suppose to be longer but because Age failed hard they cut few ova not stop in middle of story)
That depends on the funding for this show.
If the money dries up, it will either see a reduction in quality, or it will not get finished.

However, if these delays continue to push back the release date, it is safe to assume that there is something wrong.
Either production issues pushing back the release date or money problems with funding.

Either way, it is taking way too long for these to be released for there not to be something going on behind the scenes.
Old 2014-09-29, 05:45   Link #507
ChocolateBarZ
Banned

The delay for the OVAs were because the studio who do the 3DCG for the series (ORANGE) were busy with other work at the time (first delay was because they were working on Majestic Prince, second delay was because they were contracted to work on multiple shows in 2014 which pushed production back until next year) as far as anything goes it's not as severe as you might think since delays happen all the time for high profile anime releases (see Rebuild of Evangelion) the people behind this obviously care a lot about the project and want everything to look good before release, they even realize that the delays were unfair to fans and coincide the release for the final two chapters a month away from one another which means that they had planned everything out from the get go they just couldn't get the 3DCG ready in time to make the dates. Also this is not getting cancelled, it sells far too well and Sunrise/Bandai invested a lot of money in it so cancelling the project is out of the question.
ChocolateBarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 08:45   Link #508
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
When you consider Lelouch sold the entire Black knights for Nunally its kinda hard not to blame him and not to mention all the stuff he hid from them i dont blame him for the betrayal.
at S2, he fight her head off even though he end up in emo state for while

or you mean when he leave at S1 ending to save his sister?
he did not sell them, he only leave after they have 90% chance of winning but no, before Ougi f**k it when he got shot by his girlfriends

and it was kallen, who betrayed him, after all, if she shot Suzaku, Lelouch will return back to front line with his sister to crush the reset of Britannia army.

Now back at Ougi in S2, he did not just sold Zero off, but all of UFN counties

just for woman and japan since he can't just say woman to other members.

I guess it was mistake to have most higher up in last world Army to be of same country since Britannia just give them Japan back and all of them agree to sold him and UFN.

and the only one who try to stand for Zero was not from japan
Old 2014-09-29, 19:20   Link #509
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateBarZ View Post
The delay for the OVAs were because the studio who do the 3DCG for the series (ORANGE) were busy with other work at the time (first delay was because they were working on Majestic Prince, second delay was because they were contracted to work on multiple shows in 2014 which pushed production back until next year) as far as anything goes it's not as severe as you might think since delays happen all the time for high profile anime releases (see Rebuild of Evangelion) the people behind this obviously care a lot about the project and want everything to look good before release, they even realize that the delays were unfair to fans and coincide the release for the final two chapters a month away from one another which means that they had planned everything out from the get go they just couldn't get the 3DCG ready in time to make the dates. Also this is not getting cancelled, it sells far too well and Sunrise/Bandai invested a lot of money in it so cancelling the project is out of the question.
Thank you.
That is what was eating at me.
I knew something had to be going on behind the scenes.
Old 2014-12-27, 07:05   Link #510
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I'm more interested in this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch
Lelouch: We are the World Liberation Front "Ark's Fleet"
- I beg your pardon? 0_o
I guess he will dos secret mission inside EU force?
(Acting as ally to destroy them from inside)
Old 2014-12-31, 01:10   Link #511
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Another geass giver/immortal like C.C. And V.V., why not?
Looks like C.C. with short hair.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 15:08   Link #512
GundamFan0083

So much for Lelouch just having a cameo in it.
While this is only 10 minutes, it is clear that Lelouch and Suzaku are doing more than just popping in for a quick reference or two.
My question is will this alter or effect R2 in anyway?
We'll have to wait and see to answer that question.
Old 2015-04-20, 17:50   Link #513
Zero Gravity
~

Hahahaha! Yesss!
Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 20:55   Link #514
Kusaja

I prefer to keep the entire frame of reference for this story in mind. Akito and the others are still getting most of the screen time as well as the actual character development opportunities. The specific contents of the last two previews fully support this argument. Which is good, since I happen to appreciate what is going on that front.

I will say that the latest preview clarifies the role of the returning characters in an important way: Lelouch and Suzaku are going to make things difficult for Euro Britannia on behalf of Charles, by trying to end the war quickly. But, considering the entire situation, clearly something will go wrong with that plan. Which should tie into Lelouch ending up back at Ashford by the time of R2. I don't see any other particular consequence on the horizon.

I don't hate the idea of Lelouch and Suzaku appearing, since their purpose in this story will be very different from what either of them did on the TV show. They are essentially participating in an internal conflict between the bad guys, so to speak, which should also increase the overall tension.

And yes, I realize Japanese anime industry capitalism will benefit from all of this. Such is the way of the world and I do not question it as long as my interest holds up.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 07:39   Link #515
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Lelouch to Code Geass is like original Dante to Devil May Cry.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 01:46   Link #516
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Finally got around to watching that 10 min preview. Well, all I can say is that it did get me kinda hyped. But still, to wait this long for an episode is kinda overdoing it. It also doesn't help that every episode of this OVA has suffered from a delay before release. -_-

Have to admit tho, Lancelot in CG is quite the treat. Loved that little fight sequence there with Suzaku soloing the fodder. Got reminded of why he's Britannia's strongest Knight of Rounds. Looking forward to that and any other fight sequences in the episode. Also, it'd be quite a spectacular sight to see him go up against Akito since they both have similar fighting styles. ie. Applying acrobatics with a hint of unorthodox to their machines.

Plus, we more or less now have indisputable proof that Kingsley = Lelouch, but that was a no brainer. Not that I'm complaining tho, CG isn't CG if the MC doesn't show up.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 23:58   Link #517
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser11492 View Post
How did you find all this information? I thought the ova was going to be released on May 2nd?
There was a preview in cinema already