AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-20, 10:22   Link #21
LevelSeven

ch.34:
wow, i didnt expect the story to turn that way, i wonder why it isnt moe popular, yeah, the powers are rather generic and he setting isnt the most original one but the plot is going into a interesting direction

i liked that the good guys completly failed, even aster got captured (his magic negation is really a difficult to deal power),

now i think we will have the water-girl and MCs rival going to save him or even a real team (including the other two)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 10:29   Link #22
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ch.34:
wow, i didnt expect the story to turn that way, i wonder why it isnt moe popular, yeah, the powers are rather generic and he setting isnt the most original one but the plot is going into a interesting direction

i liked that the good guys completly failed, even aster got captured (his magic negation is really a difficult to deal power),

now i think we will have the water-girl and MCs rival going to save him or even a real team (including the other two)
It is popular since it's highly ranked IIRC in Jump. Most people just don't like how it's full of cliche and stuffs.

I don't mind it though since honestly, it's getting rare to see something this cliche in shonen anymore. Also the author tends to write common cliche in shonen at first but then somehow turned it back with a twist. For example Aster getting his deus ex machina skills during his first dungeon runs, usually the enemy would get defeated with that but it didn't actually work against him. Or like what happened in this current arc

Also somehow the latest chapter makes me think that the power level isn't exactly linear. The silver hair commander magics got countered easily with a technique. Now that I think about it, the only time the fight in this series is won by burst nuke one-hit kill was only during the first slyph appearance

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 15:37   Link #23
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
It is popular since it's highly ranked IIRC in Jump. Most people just don't like how it's full of cliche and stuffs.
but sometimes cliche is the right thing
i like DB even if it is the most shounen series i can think about right now
Quote:
I don't mind it though since honestly, it's getting rare to see something this cliche in shonen anymore.
THIS!
pure cliche isnt bad, the reason why cliche is cliche is because it is popular
Quote:
Also the author tends to write common cliche in shonen at first but then somehow turned it back with a twist. For example Aster getting his deus ex machina skills during his first dungeon runs, usually the enemy would get defeated with that but it didn't actually work against him. Or like what happened in this current arc
agree, i didnt expect much since the story (or better: the MC) really had a "naruto"-feeling IMO(at least in the first 5 or so chapters), but the story right now clearly went away from it,
i hate but also love the fact that the bad guys got such a good outcome of their invasion even with the good guys fighting and giving it their all the bad guys killed one of them and captured the MC (maybe it is time for the rival to shine :O)
Quote:
Also somehow the latest chapter makes me think that the power level isn't exactly linear. The silver hair commander magics got countered easily with a technique. Now that I think about it, the only time the fight in this series is won by burst nuke one-hit kill was only during the first slyph appearance
true, it seems like planning can really become a key for victory, the bad guys completly countered the magiknights abilitys, even after having the plan to send them away (it was mostlikely their back up plan), oh, i love "realistic" villians
PS: if the 9 villians get a good "characterisation" they could even become a "better akatsuki" in my eyes
Old 2015-10-24, 17:09   Link #24
amasposu

Quote:
ch.34:
wow, i didnt expect the story to turn that way
Say this again in Chapter 35.

Spoiler for 35:
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 18:32   Link #25
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasposu View Post
Say this again in Chapter 35.

Spoiler for 35:
Is the chapter already out and translated?
Old 2015-10-24, 22:17   Link #26
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Is the chapter already out and translated?
Yeah, its up.

The magic emperor really kicked ass there.

Not sure why he didn't show up when the town was under siege, though.

Can't wait to see how Noelle reacts once she sees Aster.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 01:18   Link #27
LevelSeven

F*ck, and i hoped that Aster would be put under mind control or something until he uses his swords

Getting saved by the sorcery emporer isnt so bad but it seems like there is a boss even more powerful than the others, maybe on par with the emporer

PS: his element is "Time", how OP is that?
Old 2015-10-25, 02:15   Link #28
The One Above God
Kamijou

Goddamn, the Sorcery Emperor is as overpowered as I hoped he would be .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 13:26   Link #29
LevelSeven

ch.36

sorcery emporer gets oen upped by a shining guy, mostlikely he has teleportation spells orhe actually moved at the speed of light, either way, the villians are gone, the what does the emporer say?
"this could be exciting--i mean though" XD

aster seems to be speechless towards the #1s power (but it doesnt seem like the emporer is the limit of the world, there are others on his lvl), good thing to see that,

and now a new rival showed up, funny thing but it lacks time, it is as if they became friends in a few moments despite the "you are filth"-start :/

noel is tsundere, but at least her speech isnt as cliche as the normal tsundere ones, but the other two are showing their true self pretty easily, and again, the fact that glasses guy became a follower of aster despite the "you are filth"-start is a bit lacking (the same for the plant girl)

currently im not really hyped, i dont know why but this chapter was meh!, i wish there would be something....more, somthing that catches my attention, currently i wouldnt be suprised if as the end of the story the main-enemy is miles above the emporer and everythign else becomes faceless fodders while aster and his first rivel/friend are turning into super-saijyans :/ somehow this is reminds me on another plot

still, thanks for the translators, the scans are really great
Old 2015-11-02, 00:39   Link #30
Pierre

My only gripe with the series is that the author seemed to introduce him being able to borrow power of his friends with the second sword, and then it hasn't bee seen since.

Also I get the vibe this might go the Seven Deadly Sins route and the MC is not fully human.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 14:33   Link #31
LevelSeven

^yup, looks great, now i wish the chars would somehow get more "depth", maybe im the only one but i think this story will be similar to "Area D", it is good to hold enough readers in order to not get shut down but it will give the feeling of having a potential to reach far bigger hights, and of coure it will be sad since it wont be able to fulfil this

i hope this story will get some kind of BANG! that makes him into something with more interest, i like this story but it simply wont become one of my favorites simply because it feels "hollow" :/
Old 2015-12-05, 20:19   Link #32
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
^yup, looks great, now i wish the chars would somehow get more "depth", maybe im the only one but i think this story will be similar to "Area D", it is good to hold enough readers in order to not get shut down but it will give the feeling of having a potential to reach far bigger hights, and of coure it will be sad since it wont be able to fulfil this

i hope this story will get some kind of BANG! that makes him into something with more interest, i like this story but it simply wont become one of my favorites simply because it feels "hollow" :/
Area D definitely has potential, I mean look at the Goz vs Jin fight. That was one of the best fights
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 04:22   Link #33
LevelSeven

ch.44

little sister giving TnJ to big brother -> kind of cool
crazy girl is crazy -> she really is yandere for aster XD
granny uses magic -> didnt know she was a magi
snow-boy is super-fodder and odd -> should fit asters magic knight troupe
slime-monster is slimy -> reminds me of a char from Area D (why always this story? )

everyone remembers aster -> feels forced,

in still not sure what to think about this story, it doesnt have anything i really dislike (villians are evil, good guys are having their flaws but are good), but i also dont hve anything that makes the story special for me
Old 2016-01-18, 14:24   Link #34
LevelSeven

^ oh come on,

the author could have used any kind of convenient-power up including a new spell popping up in asters book and the auhtor chooses to....create clones?

I wont be suprised if this story gets stopped at around Ch.100 or if it works for longer while riding on narutos shadow :/ it needs new stuff, really, why does Aster not get a big black uncontrollable demon as his next weapon? It could perfectly show why the 5th clover was named "Monster"
Old 2016-01-18, 14:43   Link #35
amasposu

Spoiler for 45:
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 16:00   Link #36
LevelSeven

^oh, a combo, interesting, is aster using his second sword? (seems like it isnt a constant magic negating sword like the first one )

and, GREAT! i was wrong, i have enough clones for a long time
Old 2016-01-18, 23:39   Link #37
ellifeedn
Thinker

I started reading this series since a friend said I should give this series a chance. I can understand why people think that this series is taking from other series like Naruto and Fairy Tail (I personally see Zatch Bell in places). While it does utilize a lot of cliches and archetypes, I haven't gotten bored of reading it, so I'll stick around for a while longer.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 03:20   Link #38
LevelSeven

^that is its curse, it isnt bad enough to simply throw it away but it also isnt awesome enough to make you really get hooked for the manga
Old 2016-01-26, 02:58   Link #39
LevelSeven

yay, i missed 2 chapters so i had a bit more than usual

ch.46

the bad-guy-leader gets introduced, his name is "Licht" lol, and like his name (Licht is german for Light) he seems to have light-element powers, and true to "light" he seems to be incredible fast too (like my previous assumption about the villian having lightspeed, it is not clear if he has it or not but still), oh and he has a 4-clover-book too

aster's book seems to be well known too, at least to the leader,
i wonder how awesome a fight between the sorcery emporer and Licht would be

and now black bull-leader shows up and like any other manga-story, a person which is badass needs to use a katana

+ if the snow-guy helps a bit more he should be able to get a lighter punishment, maybe he "needs to join black bull" i would want to see more snow-powers, unfortunatly monet from OP was killed way to fast
Old 2016-01-26, 23:20   Link #40
LG-MAX 2.o

katanas are good swords and stylish (the true made by artisans and costing $ 6,000, not those of $ 160 that you buy on the Internet), good chapter, but I think the leader of the evil group appeared very early in history.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-magic, shonen, yami is the mc