AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 22:57   Link #1
Siphine
The Dreamer

Talking Light-hearted Rom-Com

Hello Animesuki,

Been awhile since I posted here but the time has come where I must scour the anime world looking for new series to watch and love. If you can, please help me. What I'm searching for is a shonen/seinen anime series that is either high school or young adult, preferably high school. Now, this character mustn't be boring, I want to feel when he feels, laugh when he does something wrong or just plain old embarrassing An example of this could be Yuuta from Chu2 or Jinto from Banner of the Stars. The girl, it can also be multiple but for the winner (now this is where it gets a little detailed) preferably not blonde. Dunno why but I've had a bad history with them. Anyways, they should have a cute side to them but also shouldn't be read like an open book, they have secrets. An example could be something like Yukahira from Noucome or Kotoura from Kotoura-san. Tsundere can be nice but not overdone That's all about all I have to say so I hope you can help me find what I want!

P.S If anyone asks why I do not give a list of what I have and have not watched is because I want this thread to be used by many people plus I want everyone feel like they're helping. Also too lazy to update my list

P.P.S I don't mind some drama, it's just too much can be a bit suffocating and makes me not want to finish the series Cause I'm afraid of depressing/unsatisfying endings

Update: Decided to update my list on my signature, so if you really want to sift through my history you can

That's it for me,
Siphine

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Siphine; 2014-03-30 at 22:56. Reason: Update
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:05   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (aka Engaged to the Unidentified) just finished up - might fit the bill for you nicely.
Old 2014-03-27, 23:32   Link #3
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (aka Engaged to the Unidentified) just finished up - might fit the bill for you nicely.
First response is one I haven't seen yet :O didn't expect that to happen thank you

UPDATE:Watched the first episode of Mikakunin de Shinkoukei and... MY GOD KOBENI IS SO CUTE. Literally perfect in every sense of the word. Mashiro and Kobeni's sister are good for some laughs. Hakuya is... well Hakuya, I hope he opens up later on in the series

Last edited by Siphine; 2014-03-28 at 00:01.
Old 2014-03-28, 01:10   Link #4
Divini
Senpai!

Golden Time is a good series with a great and complex (imo) protagonist, if you don't mind that setting is in college instead of high school.

Has lots and lots of light-hearted comedy, but when the main conflict kicks in the drama gets pretty heavy, almost suffocatingly so.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 01:11   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
First response is one I haven't seen yet :O didn't expect that to happen thank you

UPDATE:Watched the first episode of Mikakunin de Shinkoukei and... MY GOD KOBENI IS SO CUTE. Literally perfect in every sense of the word. Mashiro and Kobeni's sister are good for some laughs. Hakuya is... well Hakuya, I hope he opens up later on in the series
You are in for a treat, then.

Enjoy!
Old 2014-03-28, 17:28   Link #6
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Golden Time is a good series with a great and complex (imo) protagonist, if you don't mind that setting is in college instead of high school.

Has lots and lots of light-hearted comedy, but when the main conflict kicks in the drama gets pretty heavy, almost suffocatingly so.
I have seen part of that series, when it was still airing, about one-half. The reason I didn't see the second half was because I thought it ended at 12 then I got a notification that it was ongoing still.... So I'll definitely get back to that series. It is really good from the ones I've watched.

UPDATE Mikakunin de Shinkoukei: Just finished episode 5, so far so good. Loving the series, broke out laughing a few times too. Thanks for the suggestion!

UPDATE UPDATE: Finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei and that's on my list of the one of the funniest rom-coms I've seen XD I mean there's little to no romance and I wish there was more but
Spoiler for Mountain Scene:

Last edited by Siphine; 2014-03-29 at 16:14.
Old 2014-03-30, 19:14   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Is a manga okay? Try Koi Dano Ai Dano.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 22:20   Link #8
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Is a manga okay? Try Koi Dano Ai Dano.
Not really a fan of shojo but hey, there's a first for everything, who knows, I may love it I'll try it out. Thanks Sackett!

Old 2014-03-31, 00:25   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Heh... is it shoujo? Doesn't really read like it...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2014-03-31, 02:13   Link #10
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Heh... is it shoujo? Doesn't really read like it...
Wellllllll it's MC is a girl and the two love interests are guys and really follows the girl and what she's thinking so eh it's a matter of opinion. I just like to be able to relate to the MC and when it's a girl it's hard to do thatXP

Old 2014-03-31, 02:36   Link #11
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Glad you like Mikakunin. It is indeed an adorable, endearing, well done, and interesting series. Hopefully there will be more to come....

Dunno if they would be your cups of tea but I would suggest three more:

Inu x Boku SS
Acchi Kocchi
Kiniro Mosaic

Not all of them co pletely fit your request in all aspects like Mikakunin did, but you might give them a try....
Old 2014-03-31, 08:28   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Wellllllll it's MC is a girl and the two love interests are guys and really follows the girl and what she's thinking so eh it's a matter of opinion. I just like to be able to relate to the MC and when it's a girl it's hard to do thatXP
Two love interests?

Who's the second?

I guess so, although I remember it following Tsubaki with his thoughts and perspective at least 1/3 of the time, and almost all the romance is from his perspective too. Also, Kanako is one of the funnest MC regardless of gender.

You really aren't enjoying it?

Old 2014-03-31, 18:52   Link #13
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Two love interests?

Who's the second?

I guess so, although I remember it following Tsubaki with his thoughts and perspective at least 1/3 of the time, and almost all the romance is from his perspective too. Also, Kanako is one of the funnest MC regardless of gender.

You really aren't enjoying it?
I plan on trying it, haven't yet. Too busy with school work but don't worry, I'll try Sackett

Quote:
Glad you like Mikakunin. It is indeed an adorable, endearing, well done, and interesting series. Hopefully there will be more to come....

Dunno if they would be your cups of tea but I would suggest three more:

Inu x Boku SS
Acchi Kocchi
Kiniro Mosaic

Not all of them co pletely fit your request in all aspects like Mikakunin did, but you might give them a try....
It's alright if it doesn't completely fit the request I want this thread to be widely used
I can say I've partially watched the first two but haven't finished them. The only problem with the third is that it's yuri... Not that I have anything against it, it's just the same conflict I have with Sacketts suggestion

Old 2014-03-31, 18:57   Link #14
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
...The only problem with the third is that it's yuri... Not that I have anything against it, it's just the same conflict I have with Sacketts suggestion.
I would say it is more shoujo ai rather than yuri, but perhaps others might disagree with me. Anyhoo - will be interested to hear of your impressions of them if you finish them.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:01   Link #15
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
I would say it is more shoujo ai rather than yuri, but perhaps others might disagree with me. Anyhoo - will be interested to hear of your impressions of them if you finish them.
Will do Also, does anyone know where I can get free manga? (Been awhile since I've read some)

Old 2014-04-01, 00:37   Link #16
Siphine
The Dreamer

Well Sackett, I don't know how you did it, but you made me fall in love with this manga! Only through chapter 1 andII've been filled with giggles and makes me want to read more Thanks Sackett! I know what I'm gonna be doing during any period of school when I get bored now!

Old 2014-04-01, 07:32   Link #17
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Glad you like it!

Old 2014-04-01, 07:33   Link #18
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll add Kamisama Hajimemashita to the list.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 17:44   Link #19
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll add Kamisama Hajimemashita to the list.
Watched the first few episodes and I'm on the fence whether I like it or not. Cause it is funny and there is a bit of romance but idk the guy seems romanticized? I like to think I'm using that right. Like Tomoe just looks too chiseled, like he's fake or plastic surgery I like the story and characters though

Old 2014-04-01, 17:52   Link #20
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

For me the manga of Kamisama Hajimemashite was much, much better. If you sorta like the anime adaptatikn but are on the fence you might give the manga a try.

Tags
comedy, niche characters, open, romance, romcom