AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 47.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-10, 01:09   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-10, 11:57   Link #2
alvinkhorfire

The final battle has just begun. . Sigh, this episode ends with a cliffhanger, in the form of Round 3 between SotF Yuji and Shana.

Either way, the Bal Masque has made the first step of creating Xanadu, by erecting the massive tall structure. Any further fight between Bal Masque and Flame Hazes may probably benefits Bal Masque more, since the longer they fight, the more complete the process of Xanadu is. By then, Flame Hazes will not be able to stop the process anymore.

I do understand from other threads here that Flame Hazes have some concerns whether the Crimson Denizen can be effectively prevented from devouring humans in Xanadu, thus they want to prevent the creation of that utopian world. Then again, as others have mentioned, should they defeat Bal Masque, Flame Hazes just do not have any other alternative to offer, to solve the problem. Reverting to status quo is not going to end the war between Flame Hazes and Bal Masque.

Anyway, I just cannot wait for Episode 19!

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-02-10 at 12:09.
Old 2012-02-10, 12:15   Link #3
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well like how Snake realized he could do a better job after he was sealed in the rift I'm sure both Snake and the Flame Hazes will find some compromise during this engagement. In their case fighting seems to help them think better lol.

On that matter can't watch the episode yet but did they go into details about the creation of Xanadu?
Old 2012-02-10, 12:20   Link #4
alvinkhorfire

@SoldierOfDarkness
I did watch the raw version of it and yes, they did explain the details of creating Xanadu. Maybe, some novel scholars may feel that the details given in the anime is insufficient, but it is what it is supposed to be, since the anime cannot possibly cover every single detail in the novel.

Since I know some novel spoilers, I cannot reveal the details, for fear that it has not been covered in the anime. When the subbed version is released, others and I can explain more about it.

Besides erecting the massive tall structure, it appears that Hecate will be sacrificed for the creation of Xanadu. Last but not least, the crazy Dantalion is influential as well.
Old 2012-02-10, 13:50   Link #5
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

If there is 1 thing this show knows how to do, is how to end an episode in a way that makes the wait for next week painful
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-02-10, 13:52   Link #6
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
@alvinkhorfire

Yeah it's weird I'm looking through the wiki and there's barely anything detailing the construction of the world except for the sacrificing part.

However, I came across a note about the flame haze civil war in which the 4 gods tried to destroy the humans encroaching on native america. It said that during the war since the Flame Hazes were focused on that no one was watching the denizens and as a result the denizens went wild with destruction. As a result the gods stopped the war and refocused their efforts on the denizens.

This is probably what makes them worried in the first place with the Xanadu as they've seen firsthand that the Denizens have no self-control over their pleasures. Regardless it's a risk Yuji's willing to take for Shana's sake.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-02-10 at 15:36.
Old 2012-02-10, 15:12   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Still don't get why Yuji needed Kazumi. It was kind of sad to see Hecate gone. When the flame hazes attacked with the gods was awesome. Now for the final fight!
Old 2012-02-10, 16:59   Link #8
SnS4Eva

In The end Yuji noticed something around shana's upper chest/neck, what was that about?
Old 2012-02-10, 17:36   Link #9
Deathscyther

8/10. Good episode, but not too much happened this episode and I expect the remaining episodes to be even better, so that's why I gave this episode 'only' an 8. This felt like the calm before the storm. I felt like the animation wasn't really solid at some points though, like when the 'true ruler's shrine' was being formed.

So the first battle has started: Shana and Wilhelmina vs Yuji and Sydonay. I'd give the upper hand to Yuji and Sydonay in this case. So I guess someone or something is going to intervene. I guess Kazumi or Margery (who hasn't appeared yet) would be the most logical choices. From now on it will probably be fight after fight. The 3 remaining gods look very strong as well, so I guess we can expect a lot from them.

It seems that Kazumi went along with Yuji to find out what he's planning to do. If she doesn't like it and Yuji needs to be stopped, then she's willing to sacrifice her existence to summon Pheles, not even knowing if that would do any good. But of course Yuji had already predicted this and made sure she couldn't use Giralda anymore. He knows that Pheles is a dangerous presence to him after all. She is the creator of the Reiji Maigo and Johann is still inside that same treasure tool. Right now, I think those two and Alastor are the only creatures Yuji 'fears' at the moment.

It seems that Kazumi has accepted that Yuji loves Shana. She knows that those two love each other more than anything. It looks to me that Kazumi wants them to stop fighting and find a way for those two to be together since that would make them both happy. I guess this shows how much Kazumi has grown since the beginning.

Tartaros sure is one handy treasure tool though. It looks like it can negate anything it touches. It was able to seal Shana's flame haze powers, it's able to seal Kazumi's Giralda and it even has the power to prevent the tomogara from eating humans. I don't know exactly how, but to me it looks like she 'sealed' the concept of eating humans within the fuzetsu itself.

P.S: Got to love SnH's evil laugh. He's like some evil mastermind when he does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Still don't get why Yuji needed Kazumi. It was kind of sad to see Hecate gone. When the flame hazes attacked with the gods was awesome. Now for the final fight!
You remember how Khamsin dispelled the distortions caused by battles between the Flame Haze and tomogara back in season 1? He needed Kazumi for this back then. Basically Khamsin restored the city to the image Yoshida had of the city. Khamsin chose Kazumi for this job because she had the perfect image of a peaceful Misaki City in her head, since she had lived there her whole life.

Now Yuji/SnH is planning to use an unrestricted method, the anti-schield, to do the contrary. He's going to increase the distortions so much that holes will be formed between this world and the rift where Xanadu will be created. In order to make this happen, he needs the same human who helped the tuner to dispell the distortions. In other words, he needs Kazumi to quickly destroy the barrier between worlds.

Since the balance in Misaki City was so bad that tuning had to be done back in season 1, the barriers will be easily broken if the tuning will be undone now. Looks like Spiral Organ fears that Misaki City might be destroyed by this plan though. But knowing Yuji, he probably prepared for this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS4Eva View Post
In The end Yuji noticed something around shana's upper chest/neck, what was that about?
He noticed that she's wearing her school uniform. Shana's not just fighting as a flame haze. She's fighting as the flame haze "Flaming-Haired, Blazing-Eyed Hunter" Shana, who met Yuji in Misaki City, has lived in this town with Yuji, who went to school together with Yuji and who in the end fell in love with Yuji. It basically shows her reason for being there: defeating and saving Yuji.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-02-10 at 21:27.
Old 2012-02-10, 18:55   Link #10
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Seems like Deathscyther is doing all the explaining so no need for me to do so

Either way, they really do know how to end an episode.. That ending just gnaws at me to "WATCH MORE!!"
Old 2012-02-10, 20:39   Link #11
elleinad00

A 9/10 episode for me

A third rematch for Shana & Yuji. ME WANT TO SEE IT ALL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
8/10.

It seems that Kazumi has accepted that Yuji loves Shana. She knows that those two love each other more than anything. It looks to me that Kazumi wants them to stop fighting and find a way for those two to be together. I guess this shows how much Kazumi has grown since the beginning.
Gotta agree with that.

I just really Love the Four God of Earth!

Eastedge- man 1 heck of an epic! calling fort the stars and just attack anything or anyone who's infront of was trully epic!

Southvalley- Is a Sadist.

And finally my Favorite.
Westshore- Is the most sadist ever!!!

Westshore: "Stop fighting, and return to the Crimson Realm! Please!"
~ The Tomogaras being crushed/sucked in AGONY inside a wierd fishlike thing
Westshore: "Good......." (with cry-like-smile-face)
ahahhaha man that was really epic(funny) I think!

and as for now it is really pain in the ass to wait another week while you know something epic will happen..... argh!
Old 2012-02-10, 21:03   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

You didn't know? West Shore is a dick....
Old 2012-02-10, 21:04   Link #13
elleinad00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You didn't know? Westshore is a dick....
NO. I have no~ idea at all.
Old 2012-02-10, 21:09   Link #14
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

A good episode indeed. All the preparations for the final battler are complete, I like the way that each Flame Haze finds an opponent with an equal strenght. But I do wonder where are Khamsin and Rebecca at this moment, can't remember anything about that part.

The God's entry could not be more perfect, specially the SouthValley's one. Those demon-like servants look indeed terrorific, know I understand why the Tomogaras called them "monsters", each of them is truly a one man army.

I felt that Chiara and Sale didn't have enough time on screen, but well, the rematch with Mammon will fix that. Although they could have given us a little glimpse of it to fit with the other's battles.

So I guess everyone have their hands full, let's see who is going against who...

Ribesal & Pyrsoin vs. EastEdge.

Ribesal seems like pure brute force, he can split himself into multiple copies, but EastEdge can simply destroy all them with his spell. Pyrsoin seems useless here, I don't think that his cheap poison trick can do anything against a God of Earth.

Lerajie & Orobas vs. WestShore.

This will be interesting. I know that Orobas can turn into a horse and that Lerajie is a pretty supportive defense (trying not to spoil it), WestShore also has a pretty generous source of water to perform her attacks and protect herself at the same time. I'm undecided but I'm going with Denizen's side here.

Haborym vs. SouthValley.

This will be one of my favourite ones. I don't know how far the SouthValley's army's power can go, but they will have a really hard time dealing with Haborym's Burning Field and his Rinnes. I'm going for a draw here, the two of them will keep clashing each other for the remaining six episodes

Chiara & Sale vs. Mammon.

Again, I don't know the full extent of Mammon's powers, but by the looks I think he is pretty similar to Ribesal, depending of pure strenght. On the other hand, Sale and Chiara make a wonderfull team and they already fooled him and his army once, so why not doing it again? Besides they can't just kill off Sale before he reveal the true behind his "creator".

Yuji & Sydonay vs Shana & Wilhelmina (& Pheles?)

I want to see which new cards they will play at this battle. Yuji's powers are well-known by the Flame Hazes after several battles and encounters, meanwhile, Shana's Danzai and Shimpan are still unknown to him since she hasn't use them before his eyes. Also there is the Chourde (probably mispelled) that Shana is planning to use now. Now about Sydonay and Wilhelmina, there is not much to say, but Sabrac nearly killed Wilhelmina back on S2, but Sydonay never seems to be using his full power, not even when fighting 4 Flame Hazes by himself. After the Giralda's activation I'm pretty sure that the encounter will end and they will move on to a different stage (dealing with Pheles' secret plan).

---

Looking forward for 19. The ending is going to be awesome.

Last edited by SkyFlames; 2012-02-10 at 21:31.
Old 2012-02-10, 21:31   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
A good episode indeed. All the preparations for the final battler are complete, I like the way that each Flame Haze finds an opponent with an equal strenght. But I do wonder where are Khamsin and Rebecca at this moment, can't remember anything about that part.

The God's entry could not be more perfect, specially the SouthValley's one. Those demon-like servants look indeed terrorific, know I understand why the Tomogaras called them "monsters", each of them is truly a one man army.

I felt that Chiara and Sale didn't have enough time on screen, but well, the rematch with Mammon will fix that. Although they could have given us a little glimpse of it to fit with the other's battles.

So I guess everyone have they hands full, let's see who is going against who...

Ribesal & Pyrsoin vs. EastEdge.

Ribesal seems like pure brute force, he can split himself into multiple copies, but EastEdge can simply destroy all them with his spell. Pyrsoin seems useless here, I don't think that his cheap poison trick can do anything against a God of Earth.

Lerajie & Orobas vs. WestShore.

This will be interesting. I know that Orobas can turn into a horse and that Lerajie is a pretty supportive defense (trying not to spoil it), WestShore also has a pretty generous source of water to perform her attacks and protect herself at the same time. I'm undecided but I'm going with Denizen's side here.

Haborym vs. SouthValley.

This will be one of my favourite ones. I don't know how far the SouthValley's army's power can go, but they will have a really hard time dealing with Haborym's Burning Field and his Rinnes. I'm going for a draw here, the two of them will keep clashing each other for the remaining six episodes

Chiara & Sale vs. Mammon.

Again, I don't know the full extent of Mammon's powers, but by the looks I think he is pretty similar to Ribesal, depending of pure strenght. On the other hand, Sale and Chiara make a wonderfull team and they already fooled him and his army once, so why not doing it again? Besides they can't just kill off Sale before he reveal the true behind his "creator".

Yuji & Sydonay vs Shana & Wilhelmina (& Pheles?)

I want to see which new cards they will play at this battle. Yuji's powers are well-known by the Flame Hazes after several battles and encounters, meanwhile, Shana's Danzai and Shimpan are still unknown to him since she hasn't use them before his eyes. Also there is the Chourde (probably mispelled) that Shana is planning to use now. Now about Sydonay and Wilhelmina, there is not much to say, but Sabrac nearly killed Wilhelmina back on S2, but Sydonay never seems to be using his full power, not even when fighting 4 Flame Hazes by himself. After the Giralda's activation I'm pretty sure that the encounter will end and they will move on to a different stage (dealing with Pheles' secret plan).

---

Looking forward for 19. The ending is going to be awesome.
Don't be so sure.....
Old 2012-02-10, 21:41   Link #16
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Don't be so sure.....
I'm basing myself solidly on what the anime has displayed. So far the only time I saw Ribesal fighting he was being mocked by Ernest...
Old 2012-02-10, 21:46   Link #17
novalysis

I'm surprised that the Yoshida haters haven't appeared on site to start cheering the outcome of the next episode.

Then again, perhaps three years and three quarters of a two cour season has changed everything radically? Or perhaps it's a sign of the very different tone and material of the Third Season- almost to the point that it seems to cross over into another different, though related mixture of genres.
Old 2012-02-10, 21:47   Link #18
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I'm basing myself solidly on what the anime has displayed. So far the only time I saw Ribesal fighting he was being mocked by Ernest...
You didn't see Pirsoyn's Jizaihou? There's a reason why those two Jaegers can end up leading an entire army....don't write them off so soon
Old 2012-02-10, 22:32   Link #19
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I'm surprised that the Yoshida haters haven't appeared on site to start cheering the outcome of the next episode.

Then again, perhaps three years and three quarters of a two cour season has changed everything radically? Or perhaps it's a sign of the very different tone and material of the Third Season- almost to the point that it seems to cross over into another different, though related mixture of genres.
I assume Yoshida has actually proved to not irritate people anymore. Besides, this forum has gone over that issue in time. She's actually turning out to be awesome this season.
Old 2012-02-10, 23:14   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

SkyFlames explanation really helps.... xD... thanks

first half of this episode is really boring
so Kazumi doesn't even know why she is there

RIP Hecate... ;__; (you'll be remembered)

then, everything changed after Flame Haze entered Misaki City

awesome shooting star, huge mob of marching blue transparent fishes, and an army of zombies
after that a fast move from Sale and Chiara....
and last, Shana encounters Yuji....

Kazumi... I think I have answer for your question... Everything is because of LOVE... lol...
10/10 indeed
Closed Thread