AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 01:25   Link #61
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

*finally watches episode*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 01:28   Link #62
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Finally finished the episode, and the same snappy direction and scene composition that made the first season enjoyable definitely stayed the same going into season two, especially with that madcap chase to find Honoka and that phone call montage.

Also, Honoka is officially a god, with the ability to stop rain just by shouting at the heavens

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 01:41   Link #63
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm....

Well, to be honest I was not a big fan of the premise of S1, and have never been particularly interested in the singing of the LL idols,

I will say this, though. At least the premise of S2 is a little bit more interesting. That being said, I would be surprised if I picked this series up. The charas really do not interest me a lot, sadly. Still, I am all for being surprised, so I will watch the next ep or two at least, I think....
Old 2014-04-07, 01:48   Link #64
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Wow, so Honoka can stop the rain just by shouting at it.

Clearly she must be the Dohvakiin.
Or a Rain Summoning Princess.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 01:54   Link #65
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm....

Well, to be honest I was not a big fan of the premise of S1, and have never been particularly interested in the singing of the LL idols,

I will say this, though. At least the premise of S2 is a little bit more interesting. That being said, I would be surprised if I picked this series up. The charas really do not interest me a lot, sadly. Still, I am all for being surprised, so I will watch the next ep or two at least, I think....
You have watched S1, right? I wouldn't recommend going through S2 if you haven't, since S1 set up the characters' relationships, rivalries, and the roles they play in the group. Although it is very light and optimistic, Love Live isn't an inconsequential slice-of-life; there is character progression to be found in S1's story that will probably carry over in S2.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 02:36   Link #66
Enternal

I'm still surprised that this thread is still a bit "inactive" considering how crazy it went in the original thread. Anyways, as an Eri fan:

Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:37   Link #67
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I'm still surprised that this thread is still a bit "inactive" considering how crazy it went in the original thread. Anyways, as an Eri fan:

Passing out...blood loss...oh eri...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:48   Link #68
II Maestro

Eri-chan is back~! I mean Love live is back~!
Old 2014-04-07, 03:51   Link #69
Vaans
NEET

Honoka became president!? The school is DOOM!!!

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:53   Link #70
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Honoka became president!? The school is DOOM!!!
Nah, at worst, the school will turn into a High School Musical.

But seriously, I can't get enough of that first scene. I wish they continued it all the way with an OVA or something.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 04:54   Link #71
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
This is now canon. I mean, look at this. Don't even tell me that these two weren't out on a date
Spoiler for NicoxMaki:
Yeah \*O*/ date I think same too Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
?!?!?!?! Good thing or BAD thing?
I think good xD

And honestly with this season 2 I really want to see the 3 girl's band .... Bibi, Primtemp and Lily white!!! is possible?
Old 2014-04-07, 04:58   Link #72
Birdway
Banned

There is something wrong with her legs
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 06:39   Link #73
slayer2312

I can't help but notice the saddness of the third years graduating looming over the show
slayer2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:15   Link #74
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honoka as School Council President? Now that was a bombshell! This show really likes to just rush through stuff that would make up full blown arcs in other shows doesn't it? (Season one was the same). It's refreshing and actually works for the show, that's what surprises me the most.

Very strong first episode for me, feels just like the first season: I still don't like the songs but the characters are incredibly endearing.
Old 2014-04-07, 07:48   Link #75
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The school is doomed if Honoka is the Prez rofl. xD

Absolutely loved the first episode. Enjoyed every minute of it. I was reminded of how strong the cheese was, but Love Live always makes the cheese good (all 8 girls singing Susume Tomorrow *ahem*). And the production valuez are very reflective of how successful the first season was. Holy shit, the animation was solid.

The OP was pretty good, too. They've nailed the mix between 2D and 3D visuals. The 2D sequences were especially remarkable.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 08:15   Link #76
Birdway
Banned

The animation is good but you'll notice some flops her and there.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 08:19   Link #77
Candyshark

Hmm. I was perplexed by this episode. After big success of first series I thought they will put some more money into production and won't threat second season as promo for for idol group behind the characters.

As for episode I felt like I watch sitcom musical. Honoka randomly bursting into dancing or was she dreaming? Corny jokes didn't help to take their resolve to participate in LoveLive seriously.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:55   Link #78
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Faster than the speeding traffic, more powerful than a heavy rainfall, able to leap A-RISE foes in a single bound... It is Honoka!

What a fantastic kick-off for Season 2!

They did an amazing job managing to maintain the strengths of Season 1. We again have the same mix of uplifting drama, lighthearted comedy, flashy moe, heartfelt earnestness, and purposeful plotting. Love Live! continues to combine these all together like it was a classic Disney movie. Honestly, that one musical bit near the beginning was like classic 2D Disney at its heights. Just wonderfully whimsical win right there. Love Live! does "feel good" with such impeccable grace, style, and charm.

Four specific things I liked:

1. Honoka as Student Council President was a neat and unexpected twist. It's good to have something surprising to kick off a sequel with.

2. Nico and Hanayo's characterization was very tight, showing how both care a great deal about school idols, each in their own way.

3. Honoka is still, at heart, a fun-loving free-spirited opportunistic girl that takes the bull by the horns, but she has learned some lessons along the way. I liked how she was initially against the idea of getting involved in Love Live all over again, given the negatives that came with it last time. Speaking of those negatives...

4. Honoka literally shouting away the rain may be a bit cheesy, I'll admit, but it's also very nicely symbolic. What brought Honoka down last time? Stormclouds and rain. Fear A-RISing from that happening again is why she was initially against getting involved in Love Live again. So what better symbolism to cement Honoka overcoming that fear then her shouting away her old rival - Stormclouds and rain?

Speaking of symbolic/suggestive visuals, will the new President Honoka manage to pierce the A-Rise heavens with her mighty finger-drill? I can't wait to find out!
Old 2014-04-07, 10:04   Link #79
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
4. Honoka literally shouting away the rain may be a bit cheesy, I'll admit, but it's also very nicely symbolic. What brought Honoka down last time? Stormclouds and rain. Fear A-RISing from that happening again is why she was initially against getting involved in Love Live again. So what better symbolism to cement Honoka overcoming that fear then her shouting away her old rival - Stormclouds and rain?
I prefer to think of it as Honoka learning LokVahKoor.

So Honoka is in fact the Dovahkiin?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 10:57   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Honoka becoming the student council president was COMPLETELY unexpected, given that the position doesn't really suit her. Umi would have been a better choice. I hope this season will deal with her work as student council president as well. It's an interesting twist.

Loved the Nico x Maki moments in this ep. Welcome back Maki-sama

Tags
idol, music