AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 16:54   Link #12481
DawnEmperor

@Sol Falling How exactly is he pushing it? Doesn't Kumagawa love every female anyway? He wanted Emukae to fall for him, he admitted he loved Medaka in their fight at the minus arc, he held some affection for Kikaijima, but as of now I don't really know how it's being "pushed" or that it's particularly significant in light of their overall relationship. It's just something that's noted; I'd hardly say that loving Medaka comes before defeating Medaka for Kumagawa, whereas with Zenkichi it was inverted(he loved her more than just defeating her,).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 16:54   Link #12482
Homura7

I wonder if Tsurubami must be on verge of losing his sanity. Right now he's the only one who can hold the Earth up without Moon.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 17:26   Link #12483
silver001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
can we please get this straighten out.

Ajimu was NOT Zen's girlfriend in middle school. It was a MISTRANSLATION

I guess I was wrong or maybe I wasn't, but you really did not have to spaz out to make your point.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:03   Link #12484
telamont

Why is almost everyone ganging up on Sol Falling anyway?

I'll admit, the manga has been shoving the Zenkichi X Medaka pairing down our throats so hard, I find I have no choice but to choke on it. And in the first place, I do not really ship Kumagawa and Medaka, but what's wrong with Sol Falling doing so?

How serious each of them are about their interest in one another is... debatable, but at least they have expressed some interest, and they do think the world of one another. That's a good start. Considering how off-the-wall insane this manga's been so far, I'd even call Kumagawa X Medaka a (relatively) reasonable development with plenty of foreshadowing.

Certainly, I found the exchange between the two in this chapter much more genuine, respectful and heartfelt than anything Medaka and Zenkichi have managed in the 183 previous chapters. Not that that's particularly difficult, mind you, but still...

I say we let Sol Falling have fun with the pairing. And really, if Medaka gets taken, wouldn't it mean that Zenkichi X "A More Deserving Girl " now has a chance? I was certain that that's what most people here want anyway, so why all the protests against what's essentially a little bit of harmless wishful thinking?

Or is this one of those things where...

If Zenkichi's not getting Medaka after all that effort, then NO ONE WILL. Medaka DESERVES to be FOREVER ALONE.

or something?

If so... OK.
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:23   Link #12485
Wolfenstein

Ok, I'm deathly curious, so I've gotta ask.

What made Telamont hate Zenkichi as much as the Al-Qaeda hates the United States?

I mean, it's just so random to see, unlike that other very common hate, but it's pretty clear that every time Zenkichi appears on screen, you probably shout-out in agony or something.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:26   Link #12486
Lupus753

Maybe (s)he hates Zen because others hate Medaka?
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:29   Link #12487
Homura7

What if the next arc is also a race against the clock? With no Moon, only Kamome can avoid disaster with the abnormality that allows him alter the Earth's rotation and the minus that keeps the gravitational pulse stable.

But for how long? This is the question.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:29   Link #12488
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Maybe (s)he hates Zen because others hate Medaka?
Ah, yes. The good old "I hate the character because of the fanbase" never gets old in internet forum fashion.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:30   Link #12489
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
Why is almost everyone ganging up on Sol Falling anyway?

I'll admit, the manga has been shoving the Zenkichi X Medaka pairing down our throats so hard, I find I have no choice but to choke on it. And in the first place, I do not really ship Kumagawa and Medaka, but what's wrong with Sol Falling doing so?

How serious each of them are about their interest in one another is... debatable, but at least they have expressed some interest, and they do think the world of one another. That's a good start. Considering how off-the-wall insane this manga's been so far, I'd even call Kumagawa X Medaka a (relatively) reasonable development with plenty of foreshadowing.

Certainly, I found the exchange between the two in this chapter much more genuine, respectful and heartfelt than anything Medaka and Zenkichi have managed in the 183 previous chapters. Not that that's particularly difficult, mind you, but still...

I say we let Sol Falling have fun with the pairing. And really, if Medaka gets taken, wouldn't it mean that Zenkichi X "A More Deserving Girl " now has a chance? I was certain that that's what most people here want anyway, so why all the protests against what's essentially a little bit of harmless wishful thinking?

Or is this one of those things where...

If Zenkichi's not getting Medaka after all that effort, then NO ONE WILL. Medaka DESERVES to be FOREVER ALONE.

or something?

If so... OK.
Why are you acting like Sol is some kind of victim? It's just a discussion, no need to act like you're saving him from something.

There's nothing wrong with supporting a ship, whatever I'm fine with that. It's just this implication that they have to have a romantic relationship because the manga supposedly supports this, like someone is saying "look how symbolic this is!!!!1111".

Does Batman have a romantic relationship with the Joker? My point is that I'm slightly irritated at this lack of nuance people place on relationships, thinking it always has to be romance because the manga "supports it". I feel that in some ways it undermines the kind of respect they do have.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:35   Link #12490
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

because KumagawaxMedaka is a joke anyway
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:36   Link #12491
Homura7

A really bad joke.

If only her memories of Ajimu hadn't been erased, I can tell you now their relationship wouldn't be as cordial as it is.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:41   Link #12492
Wolfenstein

That just reminded me of something.

After Medaka "died" recently, her mother clearly stated that Ajimu wasn't inside of her anymore(these days, she's inside anyone, really. Omnipresence and all).
Yet, in "My words will reach", not only is Ajimu clearly inside Zen(well, her "words"), but her voice isn't all echo-y like everyone else's.

Which still dosen't make much sense, what with her being dead and all.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:43   Link #12493
Homura7

Clearly there has to be something else, and I believe Nienami holds the answer to our questions.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:45   Link #12494
Wolfenstein

Even more complicated was Iihiko's strange line, implicating that Ajimu died "for" Zen? I dunno. That line confused me.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:53   Link #12495
Homura7

Ajimu didn't choose Zen for fun. She knew, probably from the time they spent together in Middle School, that he was far more special than anyone else, despite just being a normal person. Ajimu showed how much she cared for Zen during the Jet Black Wedding Feast and when she confronted Iihiko, buying Medaka as much time as it was possible.

Ajimu gave her life only and only for Zen, and Iihiko's line should leave no doubt.
Old 2013-03-01, 21:05   Link #12496
AC-Phoenix
Detective

"The irreversable became reversable"

Q.E.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
can we please get this straighten out.
Ajimu was NOT Zen's girlfriend in middle school. It was a MISTRANSLATION
Yet neither Zen nor Medaka remembered anything about Ajimu.
While it is most likely really just a translation error you can't deny the possibility as long as this certain loose end is there.

Gah page advanced while editing entire sentes and quotes out :/
Restoration:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Ajimu didn't choose Zen for fun. She knew, probably from the time they spent together in Middle School, that he was far more special than anyone else, despite just being a normal person. Ajimu showed how much she cared for Zen during the Jet Black Wedding Feast and when she confronted Iihiko, buying Medaka as much time as it was possible.

Ajimu gave her life only and only for Zen, and Iihiko's line should leave no doubt.
So the 'girlfriend' in Kumagawa's arc could have actually meant girlfriend' instead of just 'her' after all.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-03-01 at 21:31.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:06   Link #12497
Homura7

You're a bit late to the party, buddy.
Old 2013-03-01, 21:14   Link #12498
Arturro

For the whole manga Medaka has shown interest in Zen 3 times. First, durign flask plan arc she despaired after Zen supposed death. Usually she got pissed of when one of her friends get hurt, that time she looked devastated. Second time when she described how she confessed to Zen being a few years old kid (and failed). Third time when she declared Zen her fiance. In short she has shown emotional connection to Zen one time, and twice declared her love for him (I have not read few last chapters, so I might missing something). Medaka has shown emotional connection to Kumagawa and her "true father" many times, declared her connection to them a few times. She even declared and show her connection to judo guy and "king guy" more times than to Zenkichi. In terms of actually showing emotional connection between Medaka na a male, Zen was, at best, at third place. IMO he was at fifth place.
Zen is, no doubt, her childhood friend and first love, even an emotional support, but I don't bought that she loves him. At least not as a lover. So, although I usually don't agree with anything Sol Falling wrote I must admit - Medaka x Kumagawa shipping is much more realistic than Medaka and Zenkichi. It's kind of depressing I have to agree with Sol Falling
I know that Medaka box is anything but a realistic manga, and author doesn't even care of creating a realistic plot or even about creating a plot connected to common sense, but from classic storytelling point of view Medaka and Zen are friends. Close friends but just firiends.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:22   Link #12499
Lupus753

I dislike MedaGawa (not sure that's an actual ship name; maybe I should've gone with KumaDaka) quite a bit. Partly, I kinda dislike Kumagawa for being overhyped when far more interesting characters appear less. Then, I realize that's probably wrong but the underlying feeling is there. I also vastly prefer a "normal" guy (this manga has a very strange definition of "normal") getting together with ...Medaka to two of the strongest characters getting together. Personal preference.

Either Zen and Medaka are just friends or Nisio is really bad at consistently showing romance or infaturation. I'm going with the latter.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:40   Link #12500
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
For the whole manga Medaka has shown interest in Zen 3 times. First, durign flask plan arc she despaired after Zen supposed death. Usually she got pissed of when one of her friends get hurt, that time she looked devastated. Second time when she described how she confessed to Zen being a few years old kid (and failed). Third time when she declared Zen her fiance. In short she has shown emotional connection to Zen one time, and twice declared her love for him (I have not read few last chapters, so I might missing something). Medaka has shown emotional connection to Kumagawa and her "true father" many times, declared her connection to them a few times. She even declared and show her connection to judo guy and "king guy" more times than to Zenkichi. In terms of actually showing emotional connection between Medaka na a male, Zen was, at best, at third place. IMO he was at fifth place.
Zen is, no doubt, her childhood friend and first love, even an emotional support, but I don't bought that she loves him. At least not as a lover. So, although I usually don't agree with anything Sol Falling wrote I must admit - Medaka x Kumagawa shipping is much more realistic than Medaka and Zenkichi. It's kind of depressing I have to agree with Sol Falling
I know that Medaka box is anything but a realistic manga, and author doesn't even care of creating a realistic plot or even about creating a plot connected to common sense, but from classic storytelling point of view Medaka and Zen are friends. Close friends but just firiends.
She also kissed him and confessed her love for him. That alone, at the very least, illustrates that Zenkichi x Medaka is far more central to the romantic element in the story. She even brother-zoned Kumagawa in the latest chapter and, IMO, has never shown any real romantic interest in him (though, of course, she very rarely shows any towards Zenkichi either). For instance, I see a much more defined realism in the Zenkichi x Shiranui pairing than Kumagawa x Medaka, though I easily prefer Zenkichi and Shiranui as friends.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council