Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 21:46   Link #101
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
This point is about values and character tho, rather then actions. I concede that Zoro may have killed before, but he has a good nature, and would not do so without very good reason. Moreoever, he is not sadistic and he has his values. Luffy may seem to be on decent terms with Buggy and Mr 3, but he would never ask them to join his crew nor would he accept them. Hachi on the other hand, I can see him accepting. The difference between Buggy and Hachi is in their character, rather then their actions. They both have, as you said, killed before (probably).
You saying that Luffy wouldn't accept Buggy or Mr. 3 as a crewmate is the same as others saying that he would accept Caribou. You're argument is starting to sound the same as ours now. And that's fine, my point of contention is not that Caribou is definitely going to join the SH's, but that it's not "stupid" to think that he would.

Quote:
Luffy wanted a musician. By specialized skills, i mean skills that are not just for the purpose of fighting. Brook was a musician.

I guess Zoro is an exception here. However, he was the first member, and I guess you can call him the first mate and swordsman, so he does fill a number of auxillary roles.
Your "role to fill" and "specialized skill" category seemed to be the same thing to me. So I was a little confused as to what you were trying to say.

But I did understand your point about bringing something to the team. And as I said before, being a logia is something. The SH's have a paramecia, they have a zoan, having a logia would give them the most powerful of the fruits and an added dimension to their team.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-11-12, 22:20   Link #102
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Your "role to fill" and "specialized skill" category seemed to be the same thing to me. So I was a little confused as to what you were trying to say.
Yeah it is quite similar.

Quote:
You're argument is starting to sound the same as ours now.
How does it sound the same?

My argument is that Buggy and Mr 3's personalities do not fit with the rest of the crew, and their values differ means that they should not be considered seriously as prospective SH members.

How does that sound like your argument, whatever that may be?
Old 2010-11-12, 22:33   Link #103
Gin
*Artist

Franky and Robin's personalities matched so well with the Strawhats when they were first introduced too right? Caribou is only a few chapters old, its impossible to determine what his role will be yet. While it may seem ridiculous to believe that Caribou may join the crew, its equally ridiculous to believe that it would be impossible for him to join when we know almost nothing about him.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:53   Link #104
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
While it may seem ridiculous to believe that Caribou may join the crew, its equally ridiculous to believe that it would be impossible for him to join when we know almost nothing about him.
I don't think its impossible, I just think its highly unlikely, and moreover what evidence we have of Caribou points against him joining the crew.

The difference between Franky and Robin, and Caribou, is that we have seen Caribou commit acts of pure cruelty and his display of sadism is something neither Franky and Robin did when they first joined.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:52   Link #105
golgo13

anything is possible op universe. my current feeling is that it is highly unlikely that caribou will join the crew.

however given that the last chapter has really been build up to the last stretch before reaching fishermans island, caribou is one of the most interesting things to talk about..

when usopp said everything coming out of caribous mouth was a lie i was wondering if he had some sort of pre-disposition to detecting lies because he is famous for that and maybe some haki development? (ok thats a stretch..)

just had a thought is it possible to have a devil fruit that would allow you to travel underwater? like if you controlled the wind and could always keep water away from you like in a bubble...i was thinking this bc i don't know why coribou would think caribou could legitimately "save" them given their distance and current situation..

Last edited by golgo13; 2010-11-13 at 00:06.
Old 2010-11-13, 03:04   Link #106
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I doubt anyone joining the straw hats will be someone we've seen before, I'm 95% sure it will be someone completely new, most likely found in the New World. I would be extremely disappointed if it was someone we've already seen.
Old 2010-11-13, 05:45   Link #107
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^yeah even franky stole the whole money they got from selling the sky island gold.

I think the problem is his character design he is to much villain wanna be designed... as we can see all the strawhats even the should most scarrier of the strawhats 'brook' is still look kind. unless ODA wanna change carribou appearanca like he did with 'Herumeppo' 'Duval' he is fine enough to be a strawhats... he is dumb enought and have a self centered personality he even talk to himself to much... he just need a rehab like sanji should do
he migh be a good add up to the crew... or at lease he will be another good guy villain like Duval adn his team (sorry forgot what it sould called)...
Old 2010-11-13, 07:39   Link #108
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Caribou is way too ugly for straw hats. Even by Usopp standard.
Old 2010-11-13, 11:29   Link #109
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
I think when Robin was first introduced, she exploded a whole ship, „killing“ Vivi's bodyguard in the process.
It was revealed that that was just a ruse.

Are you telling me that the act of killing the marine on Saobaody was also just a ruse?

Wowow. I don't know what to say.

Quote:
^yeah even franky stole the whole money they got from selling the sky island gold.
Stealing by the poor from what is thought to be stolen property anyway is different from killing. In cold blood. Like a maniacal psycopath.
There is a clear moral distinction between the two.
Old 2010-11-13, 14:17   Link #110
Distinction

Hmm first i hated the idea of Perona joining but tbh now i would love to see her joining, to bad it wont happen. If Caribou joins the SH i called it first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-11-13, 16:36   Link #111
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Would you like a cookie if your right?
Old 2010-11-13, 16:51   Link #112
Distinction

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
Would you like a cookie if your right?
No the worshiping of all the OP fans is enough.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:40   Link #113
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, I've been expecting lately that they might get a Fishman to join their crew at Fishmen Island.

Hell, I wouldn't mind Hatchan being that person either~
Old 2010-11-14, 03:50   Link #114
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
No the worshiping of all the OP fans is enough.
What if he doesn't join?
Old 2010-11-14, 04:19   Link #115
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
What if he doesn't join?
Then he shall be waterboarded for ever suggesting such a thing.~ =B
Old 2010-11-14, 04:34   Link #116
Distinction

^ Actually i dont like him so i hope he wont join. Guess its a win win situation for me .
Old 2010-11-14, 18:10   Link #117
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I think it's pretty safe to say that Caribou will not be joining the Strawhat crew. He's too psychotic, and seems to have no redeeming qualities.
Old 2010-11-14, 18:59   Link #118
noktown

Yeah for some reason,since the 2 years break,every time someone pops up,he must be there to join the crew...
Old 2010-11-15, 00:25   Link #119
Undertaker

Personally I love the chapter, the down current waterfall is awesome, so is the design of Kraken. Both shows off one of the huge reason I love OP: The sheer artistry of imagination that Oda has. I can't wait to see what Fishman Island would look like.
Old 2010-11-15, 05:34   Link #120
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Yeah for some reason,since the 2 years break,every time someone pops up,he must be there to join the crew...
I think it is more because nothing major happened in this chapter, thus we grab any topic that can turn into a discussion while waiting for 605 come out
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion