AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-03-07, 18:38   Link #81
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The better question would be why do the fans of Kira from SEED (Inwhich i am a big fan) not hate the emotionless, static-filled character we see in GSD that automatons his entire character from the previous series??
jup ... agree! that's why I said that he was desgraced (somewhere on page 1 of this thread)

I like Kira from GS ... but in GSD he isn't the same anymore. the only scene where he acts like the old kira was when some orb's pilots salute him.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-03-07 at 20:27. Reason: Triple post... at 1 hour intervals?
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 03:54   Link #82
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Guys I think this discussion will go on forever if we don't rephrase the question to "Who didn't get disgraced"...
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 21:55   Link #83
4Tran

wingdarkness, are you making a joke here or are you being serious? Quattro was pretty bad at commanding others - from his attempts to instill discipline into Katz, to his mentorship of Camille, and his handling of Reccoa. This was sort of the point of his character in Zeta. My comparison is that Athrun apes Char's command style.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:14   Link #84
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Ah I see your point then...I thought you were talking about their command of tactical situations and decisive nature when it comes to in-battle commanding (as if Char doesn't desreve any ruling authority based on that)...Anyways I wouldn't say Athrun apes Char as "matter of factly" as you imply...Char despite his shortcomings in teaching Camille or whoever that never really effected his ability to be considered someone who should have authority (Once again he was the hand picked leader of the AUEG politically)...

Athrun was always bringing his failures with Shinn on the battlefield while Char was still operating at maximum mental skill during actual battles (You never see Char go thru a situation like Athrun was going thru in ep 28 where he's confused as hell while he's fighting and supposedly commanding a unit)...Athrun is a different story especially considering ZAFT is an actual military institution and not a rag-tag rebel alliance like the AUEG...Wasn't like Char was a FAITH member with the legal authority to do what he wanted...Char didn't look at Kamille in that way, but in the end Kamille had supreme respect for Char and understood why there relationship was like it was (Shinn and Athrun still have no clue about the other man really)...Dang this is the type of stuff that should be in the Athrun vs. Char thread...If your gonna respond to this post bring it there...