AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 00:36   Link #21
Cherudim Arche

I don't think so, any train soldier than be trained to think themselves as the weapon or Gundam in this case. Setsuna may regard himself more as one, but in actuality of it, that is up to you.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:45   Link #22
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Well, there's the "I am Gundam" bit, and the fact that he gets really pissed when another MS touches Exia. Lockon also hints at a deeper relationship between the two during the scene where Setsuna retrieves the two GN blades on the island.

I suspect that his aversion to long-distance combat has something to do with the war he participated in; perhaps he doesn't want to kill anyone without them being able to fight back, or at least know they're being attacked. Maybe he killed one too many civilians or something.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:51   Link #23
Cherudim Arche

Lockon understand what it means not to needlessly kill or to overkill. Setsuna has to fight for surivivial, but he doesn't understand the limitation to battle or caution.

I could assume all the pilots follow this sort of partner relation with the gundam themselves.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:01   Link #24
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

I am kinda confused tho, who is Gundam 00s main character? I thought it was Setsuna?

Also wondering what kind of special power this little guy has.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 17:24   Link #25
Terra

He is, but you have to give the others chance to shine before things really kick off. There's a big cast so of course the main will be in the background sometimes. It's the way things go if they want to develop all characters properly. He'll get his chance for sure. And chances are things will start to move with ep 12.
Old 2007-12-20, 09:39   Link #26
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I just check the preview of episode 12, Is setsuna half Islamic or something? In episode 8
Marina just called him 'Kamal'. Probably setsuna F seiei is an alias.

*just excited when i saw setsuna wears a turban*
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 09:59   Link #27
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

All Gundam Mesiter' (or all Celestial Being members') names are code names
Old 2007-12-20, 16:32   Link #28
Terra

Quote:
I just check the preview of episode 12, Is setsuna half Islamic or something? In episode 8
Marina just called him 'Kamal'. Probably setsuna F seiei is an alias.

*just excited when i saw setsuna wears a turban*
Setsuna is Kurdish. Hence the big reaction Marina had to finding out where he's from since he does tell her. Azadistan was the country that destroyed Setsuna's home, and why Marina thought he might try to kill her when he said he was still fighting.

In ep 7 Setsuna had a flashback whilst fighting Ali to when he killed what is thought to be his mother, and she called him Soran.
Old 2007-12-21, 12:16   Link #29
Julao

just one question.................out of all the people in the world except celestial being..................why did he tell his secret to marina that he is a gundam meister and his code name??
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 14:28   Link #30
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
@DeotoxSlayer

Tieria already shown some gender issues. In ep 10, after revealing Nadleeh, he went like "Ore wa...boku wa...watashi wa..."

Considering "ore" and "boku" are male-specific pronouns and "watashi" is a polite, gender-neutral pronoun, I'd say you have an incredibly weak case if that's your basis for saying Tieria's a tranny.
Old 2007-12-21, 18:46   Link #31
piccu

Firstly, it kinda amuses me that Mr. Protagonist Setsune F. Seiei's thread has less posts than any of the other Gundam Meisters' ;D
Secondly, am I the only one, whose tongue slips and says always Ritsuka (from Loveless by Yun Kouga) instead of Setsuna?
Thirdly, am I the only one that thinks Setsuna's voice actor was a total mismatch? It's way too old and I can't say that it fits him at all^^ Glad that Setsuna has been been pretty silent throughout the series till now though.
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:42   Link #32
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
Firstly, it kinda amuses me that Mr. Protagonist Setsune F. Seiei's thread has less posts than any of the other Gundam Meisters' ;D
Secondly, am I the only one, whose tongue slips and says always Ritsuka (from Loveless by Yun Kouga) instead of Setsuna?
Thirdly, am I the only one that thinks Setsuna's voice actor was a total mismatch? It's way too old and I can't say that it fits him at all^^ Glad that Setsuna has been been pretty silent throughout the series till now though.
1. it's setsuna not setsune
2. ...i've never thaught of that, though that maybe because I never saw loveless
3. I think that Setsuna's voice actor was a good choice it just seems to fit his character.

Episode 12 is awsome, and it's mainly a Setsuna episode, the only problem I have is that now i'll have to wait 2 weeks before the next episode, and it kinda ended on a cliffy. O nn Setsuna looks nice in a turban.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 01:35   Link #33
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Setsuna does seem to have very less lines compared to other Meisters (which, unfortunately reminds me of Shinn Asuka ), but I guess that's the price you have to pay to have a quiet protagonists. Instead of talking, Setsuna's character development comes through the battles fought and the emotions he reveals. He's easily affected by war, especially big machines against child soldiers, and he goes berserk on the sight, but at least he has better self control than Al/Hallelujah though.

And he wants to become the Gundam, which means 'God' in his book. So I think the voice actor suits him very much
Old 2007-12-23, 01:37   Link #34
seiks

Hm? Really? I didn't think it fit him so much, but it'll probably grow on me.

Setsuna is very cute! ... a special, stoic kind of cute. I've found him cute from the start, with his simple lines. Also, it's not like he doesn't talk. Going back over the episodes, he replies to most communications from operators and such easily and he talks to himself pretty easily in battle. It's just that he has a lot of simple lines too. (Those are really cute.)

Setsuna is starting to look like a real competitor for sanest Gundam Meister, or at least the one with fewest issues. Lockon is in the lead now, but we haven't gotten into his backstory yet, and the twin thing promises to be rife with all kinds of crazy.

I was very impressed by how... non-crazy and just all-round calm Setsuna was in episode 12, even in the country that invaded his country, having old men yell at him, hell, even in that battle. He's got nothing on Al in craziness.

(Totally unrelated, it's amusing that Setsuna is pretty much the shortest member of Celestial Being.)
seiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:54   Link #35
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
I think mamoru miyano did a pretty good job voicing Setsuna.Well Setsuna doesn't talk much,or rather he talk using his Gundam.I dont think it is right to say he is a cool character,he just talk when it is necessary.Right now,some of my friends who are gundam fans have been saying that should a romance really exist between him and marina,it would be like star wars.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:02   Link #36
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

maria could be a potential love interest?

anyways, i was always wondering why he divulged his secret so casually infront of her...
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 20:24   Link #37
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
maria could be a potential love interest?

anyways, i was always wondering why he divulged his secret so casually infront of her...
That was because he was angy at her ideals.

I still tink that Marina will be a love interest simply because, everyone of the Miesters(except Tieria) has a love interest (though Tieria does have Veda)
I think it would be weird if Setsuna the main Character was the only one without a love interest, and plus ever Gundam anime has some type of romance with the main character in it, and the opening seems to indicate SetsunaxMarina, so unless there's another more plausible woman.......
Old 2007-12-27, 04:49   Link #38
Stretch5920

I think Setsuna is going to save Azadistan in a dramatic way similar to the way he first saw the Gundam. Then Azadistan will become the first country to openly support Celestial Being.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 08:08   Link #39
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I think Setsuna is going to save Azadistan in a dramatic way similar to the way he first saw the Gundam. Then Azadistan will become the first country to openly support Celestial Being.
No, they can't openly support Celestial Beign, then they won't get any solar power.
Old 2007-12-28, 13:14   Link #40
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
But what are the UN forces in there for?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote