AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-04, 16:30   Link #61
Chachi

A user before said: "Isn't it [Mahora Negima] just called Negima!?

My reply:

Well, yeah...some people call it that, but a lot of people also call it Mahora Negima, it proves to be less confusing so I usually stick with the Mahora Negima title.

Last edited by Chachi; 2008-08-04 at 16:31. Reason: It didn't include quote.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:31   Link #62
vaatei
*Scanlator

Sounds reasonable

Last edited by vaatei; 2008-08-05 at 09:42.
Old 2008-08-05, 20:55   Link #63
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
A user before said: "Isn't it [Mahora Negima] just called Negima!?

My reply:

Well, yeah...some people call it that, but a lot of people also call it Mahora Negima, it proves to be less confusing so I usually stick with the Mahora Negima title.
I think I know why they call like that.
Mahora Negima -> [Mahora] Negima!? -> Negima!? only is subbed by Mahora group

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2008-08-06, 16:41   Link #64
Chachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
I think I know why they call like that.
Mahora Negima -> [Mahora] Negima!? -> Negima!? only is subbed by Mahora group

Ohhh that seems logical to me! You could be right....and probably are.
Old 2008-11-16, 15:29   Link #65
BlueDo

Should there be a thread for Ala Alba OVA #2 now?
Old 2008-11-16, 15:33   Link #66
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Should there be a thread for Ala Alba OVA #2 now?
A day early but close enough I guess
Old 2009-02-17, 01:09   Link #67
BlueDo

Negima Ala Alba OVA #3 is now released XD

I guess there should be a thread for it now.

Last edited by BlueDo; 2009-02-17 at 02:21.
Old 2009-03-09, 12:23   Link #68
Magia Erebea

I was thinking of getting into Nanoha and checked the section on this site, I mention this here because I noticed that they had what appeared to be a thread dedicated to things like the series' Jargon and whatnot. From the looks of it though it doesn't seem that well organized.

Anywho, I figured it'd be nice to have one of those for this section. Of course more organized.
Old 2009-03-09, 12:38   Link #69
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Define 'organized' the Nanoha tech discussion is basically that: A thread to discuss the technology we see in the series. What would make this thread more organized?
Old 2009-03-09, 16:15   Link #70
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

nanoha ... funny ... i thought this was the negima part of the forum
Old 2009-03-09, 16:38   Link #71
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And the Nanoha forum is merely used as an example, so you're still in the right place.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:13   Link #72
Magia Erebea

Gathering what ever information there is and putting it on the starting post would help.

List things by category of Spells from what I understand it's a type of program that requires a device to activate, then go into what type there are (Defense, Offense) including a table of elements used I've only seen Lighting, Fire and whatever Nanoha uses.. The different ways to activate a spell (some are motion sensitive correct?). At some points incantation is needed while other times it's not - does this depend on the device, the specific spell, the user or both?

A full list of the Mage Ranks would help and perhaps give examples of what a Magic User is capable of when they are at one of those ranks.

Perhaps a list of spells used so far in the series and how they work. (Fate and Erio both have an instant movement technique but there seems to be a slight pause between activating it and actually being able to use it elaborating on this would be a good example)

And from what I hear Magic Users tend to carry cards around and store mana in them to use later on a rainy-day.

Anyway these are just a few examples. I only know what I do from scrounging the net so I can skip the first two seasons (Loli - none for me thanks!) so I can't say if these examples where any good.

[I'd like to take this time to apologize to pure Negima fans for talking Nanoha but it had to be done]

Of course I want to do the same thing with the Negima section if I get the chance.

Also having a way to easily distinguish fact from theory so even a first time novice could tell would be nice. Like requiring all theories to be in Green Bald Text; as I'd like to discuss my theories on the ToMs used so far in Negima (ToM: Technique of Madness) such as Magia Erebea and Chao's runes.

And if we could both do our parts to organize the info from these two sections it'd be easier to develop a unified Nanoma- or Negiha-verse.

A Nanoma-verse would take place more on the MSLN side. While Negiha-verse would take place more on the MSN side. But I'm just spitballing now.

-----------------------------------------------

On a completely random sidenote - Is it me or does anyone else think that Ken Akamatsu and Akiyuki Shinbo hang out or something? There are just too many similarities from what I've seen.
Old 2009-03-10, 05:38   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magia Erebea View Post
On a completely random sidenote - Is it me or does anyone else think that Ken Akamatsu and Akiyuki Shinbo hang out or something? There are just too many similarities from what I've seen.
You may have something there. They are both weirdos.

Btw, are you requesting for a thread, or suggesting for one. If it's the latter... we will advise that we are kind of lazy to think out things. If it is the former, then we ask that you provide us with the opening post and we will take it from there.
Old 2009-03-10, 13:40   Link #74
Magia Erebea

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
If it is the former, then we ask that you provide us with the opening post and we will take it from there.
That works out perfectly for me. I'll have the post contents ready as soon as possible.
Old 2009-03-16, 13:15   Link #75
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

shouldn't we be getting a new thread on the next OAD series which appears to be running MW Arc?

(thieved from Astronerdboy's Blog)

Last edited by Sian; 2009-03-17 at 00:54.
Old 2009-03-16, 15:44   Link #76
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
shouldn't we be getting a new thread on the next OAD series which appears to be running MW Arc?
From the Wiki entry, Negima!: Magister Negi Magi
Quote:
Magic World OVAs
A fourth set of OVAs was announced in the Mahō Sensei Negima: Ala Alba event held on February 11, 2009. This OVAs series, covering the Journey to Magic World arc, will be bundle with the manga starting with volume 27 in Summer. Unlike preceding anime adaptions, this OVAs will be produced in high definition but will be release in DVD format. Theatrical film adaptation is planned to be made if the sales are good
Do you mean this? Does it have a name yet, if so then I can create a Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Journey to the Magic World~ OVA, Expectations and Speculation thread.

BTW, your image doesn't appear to work.
Old 2009-03-17, 00:53   Link #77
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

yeah ... it appears to be ~journey to the Magic World~

fixed the picture
Old 2009-03-21, 18:50   Link #78
Magia Erebea

I'm not finished yet, still have a some info to add and I think I could better arrange what there is but I'd like to get some opinions on this so far.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-22, 04:19   Link #79
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

while really good it's proberly more of an essay, than a thread starter
Old 2009-03-22, 04:58   Link #80
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Journey to the Magic World~ OVA, Expectations and Speculation thread created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magia Erebea View Post
I'm not finished yet, still have a some info to add and I think I could better arrange what there is but I'd like to get some opinions on this so far.

The Magic of Negima!
I have no objections in creating a Magic of Negima! thread but as mentioned your post is more suited to start the discussion instead of the opening post.

How about just this as the opening post.
Quote:
The Magic of Negima!
This thread is dedicated to the collection, compilation and discussion of all magical terms and jargon related to the Negima manga series (while discussion can contain elements of the various anime series the prime focus will be that of the manga).
Should it be limited to manga-only? Not sure about requesting that theories should be posted in Green Bold Text. No objection if you or others follow this convention but not really something to insist on with the opening post.

Any other comments that should be part of the opening post?
Closed Thread