AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 19:34   Link #181
Liddo-kun
is this so?

One of my cosplayer friends is sometimes a tsundere when we talk.

"it's not like I wanted to go y'know. It's just that somebody want me to go." ^^

But I'm sure it's only an act for her.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-10-09 at 19:50.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:29   Link #182
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
But I'm sure it's only an act for her.
Well, it's not like I wanted to join here, it's just that I wanted to know people from here.
Old 2012-12-03, 05:34   Link #183
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

My boss just came into work today sporting a tomboyish bob. And I'm like, OMG.

Mind you, this is a petite, fiery chilli padi (local dish that's also slang for, well, a tsun-type personality) I'm talking about, a single woman in her early 30s (yes, she's younger than me, I'm getting to that age, unfortunately) who cycles round the island every weekend, weather permitting. She has her tsun-tsun moments (when she thinks an article is awful and needs a complete overhaul) but can be dere at unexpected moments, such as when she brings in snacks from her favourite stores on the way back from meetings.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 14:40   Link #184
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
IRL tsundere = punch in the face

*strolls away*
At this point, I wish Touma was real.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 15:40   Link #185
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
My boss just came into work today sporting a tomboyish bob. And I'm like, OMG.

Mind you, this is a petite, fiery chilli padi (local dish that's also slang for, well, a tsun-type personality) I'm talking about, a single woman in her early 30s (yes, she's younger than me, I'm getting to that age, unfortunately) who cycles round the island every weekend, weather permitting. She has her tsun-tsun moments (when she thinks an article is awful and needs a complete overhaul) but can be dere at unexpected moments, such as when she brings in snacks from her favourite stores on the way back from meetings.
You're doomed
Old 2012-12-04, 10:44   Link #186
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

*huge sigh*

It does exist. I know one. You can also say that the Chuuni personality also exists. She'sboth Chuuni and Tsundere, and it's a pain. It's basically treading on a minefield or she gets pissed off.

And no, she gets really pissed off.

Anywho...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 11:02   Link #187
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
the Chuuni personality also exists.
Of course it does. Nearly everyone goes through that phase in more of less.
The whole word "chuunibyou" means middleschool (2nd grade) syndrome.

You know that notebook you filled up when you were 14 with your "original characters with my original uber cool storyline" and "cool world saving powers" and "babe flocking personalities" and other somesuch? Or rolled the dice of D&D rulebook to create your self-insert character even though you didn't have any D&D buddies to play them with? Uh-huh.

Another related word in Japanese is "kuro-rekishi". Dark history.
You know, those embarrassingly naive actions you partook in middle school that makes you roll around in bed covering your face with pillow in shame?

WE ALL HAVE THEM.
Anyone that claims otherwise is either:
1) Still under the influence of the Chuunibyou symptom
2) BIG. FAT. LIAR!

Granted, some of us had way more devastatingly embarrassing memories in college that makes everything before it pretty much null, and took like two decades for the scar to heal, but that's another story!!

*cough*

Carry on.
(hopefully I hit some nerve with a lot of people and now they're rolling around in bed trying to forget. Because I'm a bastard.)
Old 2012-12-04, 11:13   Link #188
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
This.
I tend to cut possible relationships when the other gives off vibes that they don't want to be around me, or as a tsundere still in her "hates you" stage. It's not moe at all in reality, it's gets tsunderes friendless.

This This This and so much This. I know someone that acts that way to me, and its annoying as f**k, when she's around other people she;ll act liek a complete biotch but when I see her by herself, she'll run up to me like a damn puppy dog: HIIIII!

"wtf weirdo" (what I'm thinking in my head) I never knew there was a term for it till now -.-

now to figure out what moe means. . .Ive heard of that term before but don't know what that is.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:15   Link #189
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
now to figure out what moe means. . .Ive heard of that term before but don't know what that is.
In short, it's a term to describe someone that's cute. A-Also, read this, baka. Wikipedia
Old 2012-12-12, 15:20   Link #190
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
This This This and so much This. I know someone that acts that way to me, and its annoying as f**k, when she's around other people she;ll act liek a complete biotch but when I see her by herself, she'll run up to me like a damn puppy dog: HIIIII!

"wtf weirdo" (what I'm thinking in my head) I never knew there was a term for it till now -.-

And just to be clear, that's just one sub type of tsundere. My current definition is pretty much "Crunchy on the outside, sweet and tender on the inside"

As for moe, that's a "compelling urge to be protective the viewer gets when seeing someone that evokes the feeling". What creates moe can vary for different people. Sometimes "cute" (kawai) is mistaken for moe but almost any sort of creature can evoke moe for a particular person.

Example: I find certain types of tsundere "moe" ... others want to set that kind of person on fire.
Old 2012-12-14, 06:18   Link #191
mican

Location: Somewhere in a distant patch of green staring into the luminous starry sky.
i would date a TSUN. Only if its senjougahara hitagi
mican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 20:30   Link #192
SnowBlack

Personally I don't think of tsundere as going from a bitch to sweet andback again. My definiton if more that a tsundere is a person (or character) who acts tough in one way or another but is sweet under it all. Admittedly I focus more on that def because that's kind of how I am. I'm cynical and sarcastic but when I'm alone with people I trust competely I come out of my shell and act sweet.
So yeah, it happens in real life, but its normally way less extreme. And yeah, there are a lot of people who don't want to deal with it but there are also others who just take it as a quirk. My two best friends say that they like it because they can tell that I trust them enough to not put up the tough front I normally do. Also, for the record, if someone's hitting the person they love that's typically yandere not tsundere, and thats a whole other problem.
Anyway, it happens just normally a watered down version.
SnowBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 20:54   Link #193
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperfrost View Post
no offense if they did exist I would not like them I mean who would want to date some girl who hits you just because of a accident or if they like you. it don't think they would exist because if any did they would be in jail for abuse or dumped because of their constant violence that what i think
You mean Louise-style from Zero no Tsukaima anime tsundere? That's not tsundere, that's just being a bitch. The actual tsundere archetype has been distilled so badly that anyone who blushes and hits the main character is suddenly a tsundere now
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:09   Link #194
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
You mean Louise-style from Zero no Tsukaima anime tsundere? That's not tsundere, that's just being a bitch. The actual tsundere archetype has been distilled so badly that anyone who blushes and hits the main character is suddenly a tsundere now
Guess we need to talk a little, baka... (gets her whip ready)
Old 2013-03-18, 02:32   Link #195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The quality of the anime production wasn't nearly as nuanced as the source material but that isn't entirely unusual. And I think you meant "diluted" but characters that are multi-faceted may have tsundere tendencies and a pack of other descriptive tendencies. The so-called "classic" tsundere was a two-dimensional construct that only really worked in a VN. Any anime or light novel is going to have to construct a more complicated personality or the story will fall flat.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:18   Link #196
backbone
Banned

LOL, i was just tired seeing so many people that deduce tsundere as having "abusive and violent" tendency that it seems every tsundere that doesn't follow such archetype is considered a heresy.

My apologize if i sound very biased here. I'm a type who takes abuses/violences seriously as i used to be bullied by my classmates a lot in highschool
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 04:53   Link #197
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I'm a type who takes abuses/violences seriously as i used to be bullied by my classmates a lot in highschool
So you're saying you lacked..... the backbone?

I kid! I kid!
I couldn't help it, your username and your post was just asking for it.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:58   Link #198
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

It's not like I kick people in real life or anything. I just pinch them or something like that... Also, calling someone a bitch isn't nice and you should apologize, baka.
Old 2013-03-18, 06:07   Link #199
Ridwan

Tsundere Louise in Tsundere Thread.

This is gonna be good.
Old 2013-03-18, 07:20   Link #200
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
When I think of "classic tsundere" I think of Madoka Ayukawa (from Orange Road).

I'd hardly call her a two dimensional character.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote