AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-08-28, 06:49   Link #121
Kagome_chan

and what happens to those people that aren't from the U.S??? i'm no of the U.s and i want to keep reanding kashimashi, and tobuy the mangas by internet will cost me a lot i'm from europe... the shipping it's so expensive! xD
Kagome_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 07:22   Link #122
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome_chan
and what happens to those people that aren't from the U.S??? i'm no of the U.s and i want to keep reanding kashimashi, and tobuy the mangas by internet will cost me a lot i'm from europe... the shipping it's so expensive! xD
And this gives you the right to steal it? Anyway, please don't go down that route by answering, our forum rules state that links to licensed manga are not allowed here.

As for the manga, I live in Europe (in the U.K.) and I order most of my manga from Amazon UK. I find it's actually cheaper to purchase it in the U.K. than it is in the States, and Amazom UK do free postage if the order is over £15.

A typical $10 manga costs around £5. Check out your regional Amazon.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 07:35   Link #123
Kagome_chan

ok, thanks for your information... i didn't meant to steal any thing... i was just asking how to continue the reading, anyway, thanks!
Kagome_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 02:41   Link #124
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Licensed? Who'd have thought it? I wondered why Dynasty had dropped it. They did a nice job. It will be interesting to see if there really is a market. The original manga is continuing: now up to chapter 28.
Spoiler for chapters 27-28:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-16 at 04:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 12:37   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

blargh... I spoiled myself by hitting tags but it is very interesting to me just how different the anime storyline is from the manga. Gah... just noticed that Seven Seas has a 3 month release schedule for their volumes.... another year slips by...
Old 2006-10-31, 02:24   Link #126
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The release date for Volume 1 has been announced by Seven Seas, 15th December 2006.

Seven Seas, Kashimashi

there is a new date for first volume ... 1st December ... not much faster but it is faster nonetheless
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 00:52   Link #127
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I got an advance review copy of Kashimashi from Seven Seas Entertainment. Here's the review.

I hadn't read the scanslations, so I was really pleasantly surprised to see how nice the art and everything was. This is definitely one of the best manga I've read.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 02:40   Link #128
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

good... one of the tragedies of US licensing is often the artwork gets smeared out by the cheap quality of the paper and transfer. Since kashimashi is somewhat art dependent, I'm glad to see the print is so clean. Looking forward to it.

As far as shipping, I buy stuff from the UK and Japan fairly often... sometimes shipping doubles the price if you order one thing at a time, so ordering a lot of stuff at once keeps the shipping costs reasonable.
Old 2006-12-22, 15:29   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The seven seas release of volume 1 has been delayed a week or two according to Amazon... so it looks like the release will be a "happy new year" rather than a "yuletide wonderment".
Old 2006-12-26, 16:58   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The seven seas release of volume 1 has been delayed a week or two according to Amazon... so it looks like the release will be a "happy new year" rather than a "yuletide wonderment".
Ehh, i picked up a copy last thursday..
Old 2007-01-22, 02:35   Link #131
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... i pick up my copies of manga (generaly) at a local store that import the stuff from US ... and it doesn't a lot more than those translated to danish ... at least not the stuff that also is out on danish (which aren't that great) ... and the interresting costs what about 15€ where the others cost between 9-12€
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 10:04   Link #132
Blackstream

Just read volume 1 of the Seven Seas translation (I even bought it!).

Spoilers involve comparisons between the anime (all of it) and the manga volume 1.
Spoiler:

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I like both the anime and the manga, I just like talking about the differences. None of them really affect the story, except for
Spoiler:

Anyways, as each volume comes out in the US, I'll buy it and post my thoughts. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the differences up to where the anime and manga diverge... after that I'll just talk about the manga in general.

Last edited by Blackstream; 2007-04-01 at 10:06. Reason: Tags
Blackstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 10:29   Link #133
Asrialys

Volume 2 is out. I'll read it later. I think I need to rewatch the anime. It's been a while and I hardly remember what order things went in. lol
Old 2007-04-03, 10:54   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the ink/paper (the ink seems grayed out a bit). The story is interesting .... and as I thought, the stupid anime gags of teacher and dad are really very small minor parts of the manga. Which means that some of that lovely depth and introspection got dropped in the anime so they could emphasize a pair of stupid repeating not-funny after the third time gags. (idiot script writers)

I do like the quandaries and the subtle differences in the characterizations so far.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:32   Link #135
Blackstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Volume 2 is out. I'll read it later. I think I need to rewatch the anime. It's been a while and I hardly remember what order things went in. lol
Unfortunately for me, Amazon.com doesn't make it available until April 25th, so I've gotta wait a bit as that's the only way I can get it here in Europe (that I know of).
Blackstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 08:34   Link #136
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Woo!
Borders released volume about a month ago, but two and three were pre-order

I've just recently got volume 2 now, and three is preorder.

Dunno about volume 4 and beyond though.

Hopfully they'll get them all
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 07:19   Link #137
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Got my hand an copy of untranslated volume 5 (final volume), read it and feel that the manga completely worth reading. (even after finished watching the anime)

I won't spoil anymore, but the plot is pretty dramatic, for me at least
Old 2007-12-31, 06:27   Link #138
Keahi19

So it did finish. I just finished #3. I still feel sorry for Hazuma's male friend. -_-
Keahi19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, yuri