Spoiler:

I am going to have nightmares now 0_o

*prepares for batshit crazy Suzaku in upcoming eps*
Old 2007-03-29, 12:37   Link #62
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
well about her face lol this is the pic.
Spoiler:
HIGURASHI NO NINA KORONI! Or NINA NO NAKU KORONI. Whatever. That face is Higurashi-esque, and not any of you deny it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:40   Link #63
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The only other warp-face I could envision beating Nina's grimace in terms of ugliness and medical impossibility would be Djibril's when he got DRAGOONed in GSD...

And even then, he had Rey's help...
Old 2007-03-29, 12:41   Link #64
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

This episode sounds made of hot blood and cheese. So long as Euphemia didn't give Suzaku the "OH BY THE WAY I'M PREGNANT" cliche, whereby context demands one need substitute [i'm pregnant] with [Zero is Lelouch], everything sounds fine.

And a haha, oh wow @ androgyny. Those blasted "delicious shotas" (?) are dangerous to the West; they've been confusing people's sexuality since 1989.

I wonder how Yotsuba will react to a real child actor (male?) voicing V.V; an hero rates will most likely increase from guilt. ?_?;;

Nevertheless, I think the FO spoilers for this week should be more tasty than the episode.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:47   Link #65
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've actually lost interest in this series. First they say that there's going to be another season. Then they don't even conclude the first one properly ... is this some sort of promotional trick? I'm pretty sure it is, but it's still irritating even if you do know. But when it starts to air once more in constant stream, I'll definitely be there. A lot of things are done well in an anime whenever I can spend a night sleepless just by marathoning its episodes.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:52   Link #66
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Spoiler:
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:52   Link #67
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I've actually lost interest in this series. First they say that there's going to be another season. Then they don't even conclude the first one properly ... is this some sort of promotional trick? I'm pretty sure it is, but it's still irritating even if you do know. But when it starts to air once more in constant stream, I'll definitely be there. A lot of things are done well in an anime whenever I can spend a night sleepless just by marathoning its episodes.
I doubt it has to do with promotion, though it's possible. But it's not all bad news. The anime slated to take this time slot from next week onwards, Darker than Black, looks promising.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:53   Link #68
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
No.
It's because they made the 8.5 and 17.5, the recap episodes as a result of being behind on the schedule,
they weren't able to secure the airing slot for the last two episodes.
So it's due to bad scheduling of the staff, not due to some conspiracy to boost public interest.

You may want to lay off on the conspiracy theory books.
Old 2007-03-29, 12:54   Link #69
Kusaja

Well, they did air two recap episodes after all, and that's probably the most direct cause of the schedule slip, as far as I know.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. >_<
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:58   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, didn't think the episode would be like --- talk about your complete emotional destoryer. My Cornelia... ;__;

(Gah, i wish i didn't have house problems!)
Old 2007-03-29, 13:01   Link #71
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
One of my friends said his roomate dropped the show after hearing about the second season; frankly, I'd always thought an anime was done long in advance of its airing, but from Fake Okouchi's updates it sounds like Geass didn't go "just as planned" and was being worked on in the latter stages even during the airing, which doesn't sound right. Maybe he was just trying to emphasize that Sunrise does hard work...

Regardless, Geass still is a high quality anime with a simply stunning main character, but it does suffer from pacing problems, trivial focus, outrageous improbability (beyond suspension of disbelief for anyone with a modicum of imagination) and every god-dang cliche the director/writer master handbook to make Geass an "all-purpose, cross-genre legendary anime of all time".

It's still a decent show, but only as low-brow entertainment; as far as a serious critique of "T" or "J", I doubt we'll ever see anything of that like. At least the sense of "epicness" has returned a bit.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:14   Link #72
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
One of my friends said his roomate dropped the show after hearing about the second season; frankly, I'd always thought an anime was done long in advance of its airing, but from Fake Okouchi's updates it sounds like Geass didn't go "just as planned" and was being worked on in the latter stages even during the airing, which doesn't sound right. Maybe he was just trying to emphasize that Sunrise does hard work...

Regardless, Geass still is a high quality anime with a simply stunning main character, but it does suffer from pacing problems, trivial focus, outrageous improbability (beyond suspension of disbelief for anyone with a modicum of imagination) and every god-dang cliche the director/writer master handbook to make Geass an "all-purpose, cross-genre legendary anime of all time".

It's still a decent show, but only as low-brow entertainment; as far as a serious critique of "T" or "J", I doubt we'll ever see anything of that like. At least the sense of "epicness" has returned a bit.
My sister's losing interest in the series because of the crazy plot twists they throw at you from absolutely nowhere. Like when I told her about crazy!Euphie, instead of being excited to see the episode like I was, she just complained about how nothing makes sense. She'd rather the plot were more predictable and realistic, rather than trying its hardest to take the viewers by surprise with whatever they can think up to increase the action and drama.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:14   Link #73
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

imo they it was about how the anime would be accepted. If the first 2 season wouldn't be recevied well there'd be no point in making more. So why bother planning 30 eps ahead when you don't even know if it'll be liked or not.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:17   Link #74
Seska

True, so true with Sunrise. They can change a storyscript fast if they want it.
Best point for it, is MyHime. When some "Syncroniser" exploit the last scene in this series. And Sunrise, put all force into it, to change this part. And in the end, it was "crappy".... Some ex-MyHime fan knows what im talking... you know..... the reset....

They don't put the storylines in stone. They can change them if they want it (or the Sponsors begin to mess up.See some uroto...)... thats Sunrise for ya...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:19   Link #75
Ansa

I only have one question...

WHERE IN THE BLOODY HELL IS THE RAW O_O
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:19   Link #76
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The only other warp-face I could envision beating Nina's grimace in terms of ugliness and medical impossibility would be Djibril's when he got DRAGOONed in GSD...

And even then, he had Rey's help...
You'd be surprised how ugly a face pretty people can make.
Here's a list of beautiful models making ugly faces.
Spoiler for for ugliness:
Old 2007-03-29, 13:23   Link #77
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

poor pretty people. They have to work hard to look ugly. :/

so basicly this ep is Suzaku 0, Lulu +1 ( heh more like plus female Japan )

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:25   Link #78
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
I only have one question...

WHERE IN THE BLOODY HELL IS THE RAW O_O
patience, young Padawan.... Japan/Nippon is for Europe (Germany) 9 Hours ahead in Time.. and put 7Hours more on it, then you have US Westcoast time....

And you have to think, on the Fans to record the show, Coding it into a PC Codec. Uploading it into the knowing sources... and btw, they surely have a Job, too.

raw is there, when its Online!!

Internet, let the world gets smaller and all Nations is around the corner.... But, Internet dont change our RL Timebasis....
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:26   Link #79
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You'd be surprised how ugly a face pretty people can make.
Here's a list of beautiful models making ugly faces.
Spoiler for for ugliness:
O_O
I will NOT ask you where you found this, how you came across it, whether you were looking for it in the first place, how did you remember it or why did you save it on your HD.
*slowly edges away from aohige with a spooked look on his face*
Old 2007-03-29, 13:35   Link #80
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This episode appears to be awesome, I can't wait to watch the raw, which can't come out fast enough!

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Euphie but it sucks to see her die because of the circumstances surrounding the whole tragedy...
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote