AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 06:54   Link #81
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I dont think Sengoku Basara got bad reviews >_>
It was good enough to get an anime. I'd say it was well received.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 08:07   Link #82
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
All of those Lego Games like Lego Star Wars & Indiana Jones series
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 10:36   Link #83
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Etrian Odyssey, because people think they have to grind to beat this game.
Old 2011-06-13, 09:07   Link #84
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Dynasty Warriors series, anyone?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 09:24   Link #85
Undertaker

second that,

funny thing is Dynasty series has been well-received in Asian countries both commercially and critically.

But for some reason U.S. critics can't stop bashing the game on it's repetitiveness feature yet no one seems to want to make note on repetitiveness of FPS games....

Though I have to said, Dynasty Warrior 6 was a disgrace. While I like a lot of its system, the game is obviously half-baked and rushed.

On the other hand, 7 is awesome. I love the way new story mode work, though I wish they have more playable character involved with more in-battle events and more open battle flow.
Old 2011-06-13, 10:45   Link #86
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Add me to the list for the Dynasty series as well. DW7 has been one of my favorite games I have played this year; it's so addictive I can sit there for 8 hours straight without getting bored.

Also Xiahou Dun riding a bear mount into battle is the pinnacle of GAR.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 11:49   Link #87
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
...I wonder if Kameruka put a thread on the music board asking for songs that you love but other people and critics seem to hate?

Anyway, I'll have to join that group that rather enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog, although there was a preference for its story over the gameplay. By that logic, though, it would've been easier to just Youtube all of the scenes, but there's something rewarding about forging a narrative through less than desirable programming. And let's face it: there wasn't a single Sonic fan back then who wasn't curious about Shadow's past, and the events of Adventure 2, Heroes and ShtH may as well define the Black Blur's history. If that isn't known to the player, there's certainly a charm of sorts for this flawed yet unique experience. Otherwise, the critics are rightly justified since games have to be judged by gameplay, not story.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 21:02   Link #88
NK_500
Disabled By Request

I have no idea why most people hate Digimon World 3. While DW 3 is not as good as most other PS1 era JRPGs but at least it is far better than the fourth game on PS2.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 23:55   Link #89
T-6000

I have a few on the list.

1. Aliens vs Predator 3. The new Aliens vs Predator game that was released nearly 3 years ago. Many critics and most PC Gamers didn't like this game, but I enjoyed it alot. Although I'll easily admit that it was rough around the edges. I think I was able to see past the flaws because I'm a big fans of the Predator and Aliens franchise, but also a fan of AVP2 for the PC.

2. Gears of War PC. I think I'm one of few PC Gamers that enjoyed the game. Many PC Gamers that I talked with did not enjoy this game and have dubbed it (like many other games of today) "Console Garbage".

3. Rage. Many people on the Console side of things felt that this game was "So-So", but many PC Gamers hated this one. Which confuses me because I actually enjoyed this game alot despite some flaws. The last mission and ending was very disappointing and the game had a habit of throwing way too much money on your feet, making the game a bit too easy on the long run. It would have been more of a welcome challenge to limit the amount of money so you could manage your cash and supplies better.

4. Crysis 2. The Game had lousy dialogue and Cringe worthy dialogue, but the gameplay was excellent. The Weapon customizations and the feel of the weapons, I feel, are top notch for a FPS title. Many people didn't like this game, but it seems that PC Gamers were especially hard on this game. For the life of me, I don't know how people can rip on Crysis 2, yet when the next Call of Duty comes along they throw their hands in the air and declare it "GOTY" material. *sigh*
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 00:55   Link #90
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Rome Total War v0

One of the most controversial game ever!!!! So upgraded it to Rome Total Realism!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 13:08   Link #91
Soverence

Deadly Premonition would fit that bill, was beat down pretty badly by critics and I will admit the controls are not the greatest but the story was great and entertaining. The combat style is kind of like RE4 where you have to stop to shoot but the turning was a little clunky but besides that I felt it was greatly underrated.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:18   Link #92
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hm. Homeworld 2 I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yggdra Union.

Played the GBA version three times and later played the PSP version as well. The game has it's problems, but I was quite surprised when some gaming sites trashed the game...... a lot. >_<
Err.. pretty sure that game got plenty of love. I liked it. And some sites just trash on everything for the eyebrow count, hell PCWorld at one point trashed on PC. Chances are if you see someone on a site declare themselves journalists, then expect some garbage in the form of hype, dissections, over dramatized hate, or just plain stupidity for views.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:11   Link #93
EmagEvil

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2, the critics sais its so so, the haters said its a false MMORPG limited to 4(6 in the second opus) in some limited wide stages, but i never, ever played thousands of hours on a video game, and this is the one, playing with other players even strangers is such fun!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 08:40   Link #94
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Deus Ex: Invisible War , which was considered a failure after the first DX had been declared a messiah of (western) game design.

Sure the sequel was neither as good as DX1 nor as the 2011 prequel but I still very much enjoyed it when it came out as well as on several later playthroughs.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 08:43   Link #95
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2
The servers are going down on 18 June, so be sure to play lots more before then!
Old 2013-03-27, 00:53   Link #96
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain. Both games had the misfortune to go up against Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 respectively, and critics savaged both games for not being those games. I've always felt that was unfair - Alpha Protocol wasn't perfect, but damned if it didn't react in every single possible way to the player's actions. You got AP and achievements for almost every single approach. There is no wrong way of playing Alpha Protocol, as nearly every build is viable in some way.

Binary Domain, meanwhile, was exactly what it was on the tin: a fun, fast-paced, action-packed love letter to classic cyberpunk.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 16:37   Link #97
T-6000

I *CAN'T* Believe I forgot to put in Quake 4! I loved this game when it came out, and I still do! Many people seemed to dislike this game, and some would even constantly trash this game and anyone who played it. And for the life of me, I don't know why. Sure, the story wasn't as good as I had hoped, but I loved the gameplay and the weapons felt alot better than in Doom 3. In fact, I wish the shotgun, Machinegun, and nailgun were in Doom 3 (especially since Doom 3's shotgun felt a bit...lame IMHO). It's a shame that F.E.A.R. had came out at the same time and people compared the two games, saying that F.E.A.R. was alot better. Which is a shame, because I felt that both games were a bit too different to be compared. Of course, don't get me wrong. F.E.A.R. was (and still is!) a great game.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote