AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-31, 20:18   Link #1681
amasposu

I think you have to choose to respond to Roka's letters.

Yes. The other one may require a Hot Spring.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 20:32   Link #1682
karburator

Just finished Shipwreck Beach and responded to her letters twice,
any idea when it will happen?
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 01:08   Link #1683
TakenForce

argh... endgame is such a grind fest, there's no other way besides starting a new game to get angel beads.. unless I level sharty , uya, aht and crayl to 70 and unlock the last dungeon in the mines.

Anyone know a quick way to level them up from 45-70?
TakenForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 01:26   Link #1684
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenForce View Post
argh... endgame is such a grind fest, there's no other way besides starting a new game to get angel beads.. unless I level sharty , uya, aht and crayl to 70 and unlock the last dungeon in the mines.

My favorite place to grind weak characters is the Wartorn Ruins in Chaotic Warground. Each monster gives 4% and there are four spawn points. As long as you can kill the monsters before a turn ends, they do not explode.

But if you want a really quick way, you might want to try the Deadbeat Dungeon. (I have never been to there so I can't help you.)
Old 2012-08-01, 03:14   Link #1685
jmin92

What dungeon do you get the stones from? Or do you need to have Magnus rank to start farming them?
jmin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 03:29   Link #1686
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenForce View Post

At 45? Just use them in the low level NG+ mine dungeons. You should have elemental weapons or really strong weapons that will make up for any level difference.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 05:26   Link #1687
jmin92

So you get them from places like Advent bay and Mirage forest? Also can you only get devil beads from deadbeat dungeon or is there another place?
jmin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 10:45   Link #1688
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I'm still in the 1st play through, ch 7. And have to do that quest that need getting lots of ripe apples (like 70-80 or something for the spice wine and plant supplement). Is there any other way to do it? other than farming Yuidora map for 30-40 times?

Also is there a list of furniture that trigger dialogue/ events? I know hot spring, the bed flower, the 3 statues, and the lover futon. But not sure about any others

PS: oh btw,in some wikis, they did mention about how some stats of some character is "capped" at low lvl. What is it?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-08-01 at 11:19.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 12:51   Link #1689
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Do the enemies scale as you level up on Hard or do they scale by chapter or what? I ask because I'm still having a tremendously hard time dealing damage to enemies a lot of the time on chapter and still can't really do the first colliseum fight for this region simply because the opponents defense is still really high. I'm just worried this is going to become a problem later on that's going to eventually lead to me doing 1 damage to most enemies by the time I'm far into the game.

edit: hmmm yeah I'm half tempted to yet again restart on normal, but at that point I'm already so far in I'm equally as half tempted to give up on the game if there's just no way to deal solid damage against the onslaught of high defense opponents. Gonna hold off on playing some more now and wait for more info cause if they are scaling then I don't think this balance is right for me.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-08-01 at 13:27.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 13:27   Link #1690
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Do the enemies scale as you level up on Hard or do they scale by chapter or what? I ask because I'm still having a tremendously hard time dealing damage to enemies a lot of the time on chapter and still can't really do the first colliseum fight for this region simply because the opponents defense is still really high. I'm just worried this is going to become a problem later on that's going to eventually lead to me doing 1 damage to most enemies by the time I'm far into the game.
Focus on only leveling 2-5 characters. In the later chapters of my first playthrough on hard, I literally only used two characters: Wil and Yuela. I didn't use the other characters because they would die instantaneously. Wil has a lot of HP so he can tank damage. Make sure to get Prevail III from Yuela's Flare Hunter Armor as soon as possible. Rely on Yuela and her Prevail III to deal damage; at least, that was how I beat my first playthrough.

If you want to get far in the Arenas, rely on Prevail III.
Old 2012-08-01, 13:32   Link #1691
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Focus on only leveling 2-5 characters. In the later chapters of my first playthrough on hard, I literally only used two characters: Wil and Yuela. I didn't use the other characters because they would die instantaneously. Wil has a lot of HP so he can tank a lot of damage. Make sure to get Prevail III from Yuela's Flare Hunter Armor as soon as possible. Rely on Yuela and her Prevail III to deal damage; at least, that was how I beat my first playthrough.
Okay well my main problem right now is I'm trying to scale the church for example and so I go in, I'm doing well for a while and then I just get bogged down at choke points where I'm stuck wailing on the diamond shaped enemies for several turns while others are respawning behind it. I can't deal magical damage to it so I'm forced to rely on Yuela, but I can't really make much progress either with just one character. It's just really frustrating how hard it is to deal solid damage to many enemies with anyone other than Yuela and how hard it is to try and make progress before another enemy spawns and blocks my path. I thought I could try grinding a bit, but the enemies seem to be keeping up with my levels so I'm really having a hard time figuring out how I'm supposed to make this any more manageable. It's not that it's overly hard, just that it takes a LONG grueling time.
Old 2012-08-01, 13:36   Link #1692
amasposu

Quote:
Okay well my main problem right now is I'm trying to scale the church for example and so I go in, I'm doing well for a while and then I just get bogged down at choke points where I'm stuck wailing on the diamond shaped enemies for several turns while others are respawning behind it. I can't deal magical damage to it so I'm forced to rely on Yuela, but I can't really make much progress either with just one character. It's just really frustrating how hard it is to deal solid damage to many enemies with anyone other than Yuela and how hard it is to try and make progress before another enemy spawns and blocks my path. I thought I could try grinding a bit, but the enemies seem to be keeping up with my levels so I'm really having a hard time figuring out how I'm supposed to make this any more manageable. It's not that it's overly hard, just that it takes a LONG grueling time.
Which chapter is that? Which character have you unlocked so far?
Old 2012-08-01, 13:43   Link #1693
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Which chapter is that? Which character have you unlocked so far?
Chapter 2 with Crayl unlocked so far. Honestly I really just need to know if the enemies scale, that's my big problem right now. If I can level past this fine, if not I think I have a problem.

edit: Also I just found out apparently Wil can't even be hit on this stage so....hooray.

Here's a screenshot of how much stuff I have coming at me and I'd say I've already killed at least 15 enemies by now. Really not sure what I'm supposed to be doing or if I'm doing something horribly wrong here, but this seems like a bit much for second chapter.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-08-01 at 13:56.
Old 2012-08-01, 14:03   Link #1694
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I thought you were at least on chapter 5 or something. If you cannot get past chapter 2, then chapter 8-9 will be impossible; those were extremely frustrating chapters for me. Seriously, just restart the game on Normal. Just wondering, what level are your characters? They are probably underleveled.

I don't remember having trouble with chapter 2. Maybe it was because I grinded a lot. By the end of chapter 2, my party was:

Wil - Level 15
Yuela - Level 14
Emelita - Level 14
Servalwi - Level 13
Aht - Level 13
Suina - Level 14
Crayl - Level 13
Sharty - Level 9

I remember having to grind for hours every time I advanced into a new chapter.
Well as I keep mentioning the enemies seem to be scaling to my level (by scaling I mean the enemies are always somewhere around my level) so it's kind of tricky, but yeah maybe yet another full on restart isn't a bad idea, just one that'll be frustrating since I've already gotten so far. I just didn't realize that the regular enemies defense stats would go through the roof quite that much on hard and had heard that normal was too easy so I wanted a challenge.

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad if the average enemy defense stat it was just fine tuned a little lower, but thanks for the warning. I've played Eushully games before and I know how ridiculous they can get with the boss balancing towards the end. I went through all of Princess General 2 and had to drop down to a lower difficulty for the last boss cause everything I had did 1 damage and I got one shotted despite the difficulty curve being pretty normal up to that point.

Seriously though if somebody can confirm if the enemy levels scale like Final Fantasy VIII though that would play a big part in my decision on whether to start over or not. If they don't scale I don't mind levelling, but if levelling is just going to make the average enemy level go up more so that the results are pointless I don't want to bother.
Old 2012-08-01, 14:10   Link #1695
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Chapter 2 with Crayl unlocked so far. Honestly I really just need to know if the enemies scale, that's my big problem right now. If I can level past this fine, if not I think I have a problem.

edit: Also I just found out apparently Wil can't even be hit on this stage so....hooray.

Here's a screenshot of how much stuff I have coming at me and I'd say I've already killed at least 15 enemies by now. Really not sure what I'm supposed to be doing or if I'm doing something horribly wrong here, but this seems like a bit much for second chapter.
You must get Will to the exit point on the of the map

Also protect him from enemies. Kill everything that can get near him and CLEAR SPAWN POINTS

AS LONG YOU DON'T CLEAR SPAWN POINTS MONSTERS WILL KEEP SPAWNING FROM THEM

Don't leave Will alone and learn how to use choke points.

Also, I'm going to tell you early on, that unlike a few other strategy games, the protagonist Will is weak offensively. He is a tank type character.

Your best attacker is Yuera.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 14:20   Link #1696
amasposu

Quote:
Well as I keep mentioning the enemies seem to be scaling to my level (by scaling I mean the enemies are always somewhere around my level) so it's kind of tricky, but yeah maybe yet another full on restart isn't a bad idea, just one that'll be frustrating since I've already gotten so far. I just didn't realize that the regular enemies defense stats would go through the roof quite that much on hard and had heard that normal was too easy so I wanted a challenge.

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad if the average enemy defense stat it was just fine tuned a little lower, but thanks for the warning. I've played Eushully games before and I know how ridiculous they can get with the boss balancing towards the end. I went through all of Princess General 2 and had to drop down to a lower difficulty for the last boss cause everything I had did 1 damage and I got one shotted despite the difficulty curve being pretty normal up to that point.

Seriously though if somebody can confirm if the enemy levels scale like Final Fantasy VIII though that would play a big part in my decision on whether to start over or not. If they don't scale I don't mind levelling, but if levelling is just going to make the average enemy level go up more so that the results are pointless I don't want to bother.
To answer your question, there is a point when a monster's level reaches a cap. It caps based on the map and on its base level. No, it is not like FFVIII.
Old 2012-08-01, 14:22   Link #1697
styr

@Kaioshin Sama - Enemies scale a little bit but you can easily out level the monsters. If you want quick and easy levels go to the deadbeat dungeon, run the highest one available several times. It might take a few times running it per character but the XP flows when you can fight the highest level one you can do, although it XP caps at a certain point. The mobs there have very high base XP and don't fight back. Give it a try and see if it helps.

On that mission Wil is supposed to stay behind everybody else, but there's also a trap that opens up eventually so don't keep him too far behind and be ready to have someone go back to kill the greyhounds or whatever that spawn if you take too long. At level 10 you should have no problem advancing quite easily.

At your level you have very limited characters, weapons and spells so you have to brute force that level. Make sure you bring lots of small pots for healing since you can use as many as you want in a turn and still attack/move. Use Aht to tank and give him cover and a shield + iron wall to defend and soak hits and also to give Yuela a wall to hide behind while you slowly inch forward to take the spawn points. With Wil out of the picture Aht is your only tank at that level.

I'm not sure if those mobs can charm or not, but you might want to bring some charm cures just in case. Being charmed and not having a cure can screw you over quick. Serawi and Emilita should both have magic that can hurt the crystal mobs, I believe that is how I took care of them. Make sure you use Wil's buffs if you have it unlocked from his armor. Unlocking armor bonus is a very important thing to boost your main 4 characters. Although at your level it is very expensive and probably not worth it, although I believe the deadbeat dungeons also give you a few treasures to sell at the church. Make sure you sell any treasures you get because the cash is very useful to improve your clothes. Wil's buffs are pretty nice to have and gives him something to spend his SP on.

Last edited by styr; 2012-08-01 at 14:38.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:23   Link #1698
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well I beat that level, but now I'm still not sure about going forward. Another issue I've noticed cropping up is speed and accuracy. The enemies seem to have double my speed almost as a rule again except for Yuela who is almost proving the only remotely useful character at this point. I'm going to have to think really hard about this going forward as I'm just not sure I like this level of balance from chapter 2 onward and I'm not sure how well I'm going to be able to keep up with the enemies. If the other characters do indeed become harder and harder to make use of going forward....I really just don't know. Maybe I will try levelling up in that deadbeat dungeon A LOT as long as the Deadbeat status doesn't cost me anything. At this point it almost seems like it's going to be necessary to survive the onslaught of high defense/high speed enemies.

Here are some other problems that keep cropping up:

- Emelita and Suina simply cannot take a hit and thus are very hard to make use of
- Yuela gets utterly destroyed by anything that can do magic damage
- Aht doesn't really tank that well since his slow speed means tons of hits for the enemies who really don't do all that much less damage to him
- Wil doesn't have a very good damage output
- The enemy respawn rate seems incredibly fast. Like almost ever other turn sometimes

It seems like all the characters weaknesses are far outstripping their strengths right now with the sole excetion of Yuela who's poor defense is possible to work around with Wil's defend and her good evasion.
Old 2012-08-01, 16:05   Link #1699
styr

Big question: Are you playing on hard or normal? I never had accuracy issues in my first playthrough although speed issues were common as most of your characters early on are just naturally slow, except for Yuela. Especially when they have no upgrades to their armor and you only get the first bonus even if you do upgrade, stats are a lot lower than when you can properly fill out armor enhancements and get huge stat bonus across the board. Sharty and Uya are very quick and you will get them to join soon, although they are also a bit squishy.

Once you unlock the OP clothes for certain heroines you will see a dramatic shift in power. For instance when Serawi gets her 9 range attack (Ch7+) it is impressive to say the least and paired off with flurry is just plain amazing. Or when Yuela gets prevail+sword flash/flurry and can destroy entire groups with ease. Always keep Yuela next to a tank with cover to soak hits as well, she is very squishy especially to ranged attacks. Emelita with range 3-5 magic attacks prevents most enemies from counterattacking. Suina also gets a very OP weapon if you save up 20 wood+20 good wood(I think) for an early quest that gives her a 3 range attack and death proc on all her spells/attacks.

The first playthrough will be the hardest imo until you level up some and earn some cash to unlock the good skills from the different clothes. Having OP Yuela/Serawi/Emelita helps carry the rest of the scrubs. For now try to use at least 2 tanks in each map and fill the rest with DPS. I always liked to have 2 groups be able to move around independently and conquer targets so having a group of 1 tank+2 dps makes for a nice strike force. Sometimes though it will take all of your team in a coordinated effort to push through some of the harder parts. Sometimes you will need to leave somebody at home base to prevent the enemy from being a ninja and taking it while your characters are far away, losing you the game.

As you play more you'll soon grasp what characters can handle what situations.

If you are playing a map that has enemies with certain elemental weakness try to deploy your allies that can exploit that weakness. Sharty is good against mobs weak to dark/physical attacks, Melo is good against monsters weak to holy, Uya is good against monsters vulnerable to fire, etc etc. Emelita is different because her attacks are mostly Omni until you get clothing spells. Serawi has mostly wind based attacks but her long range attacks are physical. Certain weapons can give you new elemental attacks and this is just as important to use as the other bolded part: Suina for instance can equip the earth crystal and learn an earth-based attack, making her deadly against water types like her. Uya can also get a water spell from Icy Fangs and wreck fire mobs. Wil gets a hammer called Earth Axe (Don't ask) that gves him a range 2 earth nuke. This happens with every character in some form or another, and is very important to utilize. Yuela is the only character to never get ranged attacks I believe even with weapons although she does get an AoE in NG+. She has a plethora of different melee damage attack types from her clothing to make up for it though.

Fire clothes for Serawi gives the range 9 nuke, she gets range 3 nukes from several armors and Snipe is also a range 3 nuke available from a bow early on. At first I used her for healing until I realized potions were far better and gave her a range 3 nuke. Seriously, range 3 (or higher) nukes are your best friend in this game since very few mobs can attack back. Do everything in your power to try to activate range3 nukes ASAP like farming the wood for Suina's bowling ball. I believe the quest is for "bridge repair" and takes place in Ch2 or 3 and requires a bunch of wood. Unlock range 3 nuke spells asap for Serawi/Emelita although I believe Serawi gets snipe (Elven Bow from an early quest) before Emelita can unlock range 3 spells. Crayl and Serawi both get snipe fairly early on which is a range 3 nuke that is very cheap on SP and paired off with flurry (another easy to access skill for both) they have a chance to attack extra times in combat during their turn with physical skills, of which snipe is included.

Emelita's best armor during the first playthrough is her Holy garb imo for the nukes although her Multi-elemental is good for defense. Her Earth one also has a range 4 nuke you can get as well but isn't available until Crayanne joins. Her range 5 nuke is available only during NG+ games and until then she will be a bit of a letdown. In my first playthrough she was the weakest character by far, but YMMV.

Yuela was my workhorse doing my first playthrough. Her starting armor is bad imo and should be ignored, her first two armors (Earth and Dark) have elemental attacks fairly close to the beginning that will help her exploit elemental weaknesses. She also gets vorpal counter in her Dark armor which gives a chance to counterattack and proc death. Fire armor is by far the best for Yuela in the 1st playthrough giving her the god-like prevail.

By Ch 2 you should be able to get the first armor set for each girl and start upgrading it to give them a boost, although try to save money for the better armors although they generally appear starting in later chapters - chapter 4 for example, Yuela's fire armor becomes available.

This game is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You want to have tank units designed to soak hits lead the way while those with long range attacks can focus fire the dangerous units (especially other ranged units) while generally leaving melee for last to let your tank soak. Aht, Wil, and to a lesser extent Melodiana will be your tanky characters for a while although Wil is definitely the beefiest. Once Aht transforms at 14/15 she gets slightly better. Make sure your squishy units are next to the tank so they can take advantage of cover/guardian.

When you start getting various weapons and accessories make sure you swap out for the correct situation. For example on that church map the mobs are very weak to dark type attacks, so any weapons or spells with dark would absolutely destroy them. You can rightclick on a mob to see the stats/resists it has and change gear in battle accordingly. This will be a very important skill later on as you swap gear around to take advantage of mob resistances.

Trust me, it does get better. You just have to rough it out until you can unlock the OP stuff. For now though try to get specific characters to certain level thresholds: 10 - (Aht, gives range 2 nuke), 12 - (Suina, gives range 3 nuke), 15 - (all three Heroines, various new spells/abilities) 18 - (Sharty, gives bloodsuck) (Crayl, flurry 2) (Uya, range 3 nuke) so they upgrade to the next rank rank. Different characters 'upgrade' at certain level thresholds and by the time you hit 30 you will start becoming mega overpowered. Sorry if that bit above with all the characters and levels was confusing. It is basically when they first get new skills and at what level it happens.

On your first playthrough, Emelita's route is the hardest to do. Personally I did Yuela's on my first play but I hear Serawi's is also fairly easy except for the mission where you have to race an NPC to a certain location. Whew, what a wall of text.

Last edited by styr; 2012-08-01 at 16:59.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 16:50   Link #1700
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well I'm glad to find out this is normal and I'm not doing anything horribly wrong with building my characters yet or anything. I actually have the first sets of armor for all three characters now, but still no fire attacks although Uya and Melodiana are present as guests. I'm also starting to get to where I can kill pretty much enemy that has appeared so far although some are definitely tougher than others. The biggest pains right now are definitely the 2nd tier Harpy enemy and the scorpion enemy in the fire level that has no real weakness to exploit, but thankfully doesn't do all that high damage either.

Going to focus on getting everybody up to around level 12 before I finish the chapter since that seems to be where the toughest enemies are capping atm.

Tags
eushully