Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-21, 10:50   Link #1
xizro345
King's Justice

D4 Princess

Well, I have to admit I'm quite surprised someone decided to sub this. It's not very well-known. To be more helpful to teh people who don't know about this anime. It's based on a manga edited by Dengeki/Mediaworks (4 volume long) and it's a series composed of 10-minutes episodes, with music by Kenji Kawai. THe story is generally humorous, with some exceptions (I won't spoil, though). Someone may say it's really weird, and in a sense it is. Mostly because the manga has practically nothing to do with the anime, only some characters from it are in (Doris, her sister Doria - she appears in episode 2 - and Doris' friends), plus the anime is more on the parodi side, and it can be seen from the very first episode.
Since I own the original DVDs, I'm quite pleased that finally I can understand better what's going on. My only complaint is that ASS got a sentence wrong. When Doris transforms she says "Set Form" (and later in the anime "Form Up"), and not "Transform". But it's just a minor complaint.
Old 2004-04-21, 11:28   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
thanks for the summary intro hopefuly it would be great series
Old 2004-04-21, 12:15   Link #3
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345
Well, I have to admit I'm quite surprised someone decided to sub this. It's not very well-known. .......
Since I own the original DVDs, I'm quite pleased that finally I can understand better what's going on.
It shouldn't be that big of a surprise, as D4 Princess has been fully fansubbed for years now. It may be the first time it's being released as a digisub, but the series was completely fansubbed not long after it was released in Japan, by Odyssey Anime.

Sachi still have the 2 tapes available for distribution.
Old 2004-04-21, 12:19   Link #4
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, I wasn't so informed about VHS subs, at that time (I knew only a few groups). After i spent a lot fo time trying to find something, I decided to stick with the DVDs....anyway a digsub of D4 is a good thing 8P if only someone could have done the same with the manga...8P
Old 2004-04-21, 12:26   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well anime is being fansubed over and over who knows when it would end ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
It shouldn't be that big of a surprise, as D4 Princess has been fully fansubbed for years now. It may be the first time it's being released as a digisub, but the series was completely fansubbed not long after it was released in Japan, by Odyssey Anime.

Sachi still have the 2 tapes available for distribution.
Old 2004-04-21, 14:18   Link #6
lomeando

There was a digisub version (just a rip of the VHS fansub, IIRC) from some time around 2001. The file sizes are pretty small (20-50 MB), but for such short episodes it was watchable.
Old 2004-04-21, 18:09   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I watched this show subbed on VHS ages ago, but the copy I have is so degraded that it looks awful. Even so, I enjoyed it an awful lot and I am looking forward to collecting ASS's version of this show. It was fun the first time and I think it will be really fun to see it again.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-21, 18:46   Link #8
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I got the digital sub for this. The file size is very small though. <_<

But that was what I used to get through finals two years ago.
Old 2004-04-21, 18:54   Link #9
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

D4 princess...

i always thought this was already licensed thats why no ones re-subbing it.
i have some of the Dgsub too,...this anime was weird, sad and fun.
The OP song is catchy.
Old 2004-04-22, 00:38   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
The OP song is catchy.
The OP is catchy? Not nearly as catchy as the ED. I love the ED song.

Runrun Ururunrun

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-22, 07:52   Link #11
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The OP is catchy? Not nearly as catchy as the ED. I love the ED song.

Runrun Ururunrun
My Bad.

Ur right. I was thinking about the Runrun Ururunrun all along. T'was the ED song after all.
hhmmm...I wonder if someone cosplayed the little cute girl with a drill in his haid.
That would have been cute and hilarious.
Old 2006-01-27, 03:31   Link #12
molitar

D4 Princess?

Is their an english subbed dvd releases of this anime? I watched the first 6 episodes from AnimeSkyScraper but the other from vhs tape is just aweful. I would love to finish watching this one in a decent quality but I don't know if their is an english subbed release of these dvd's or not.
Old 2006-01-27, 05:58   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Is their an english subbed dvd releases of this anime? I watched the first 6 episodes from AnimeSkyScraper but the other from vhs tape is just aweful. I would love to finish watching this one in a decent quality but I don't know if their is an english subbed release of these dvd's or not.
With very few exceptions, if there are English subbed DVD releases then it means the series has been licensed. If it's licensed, then it wouldn't be listed on AnimeSuki.

In other words, there are no official English subbed DVD releases. You might be able to find illegal bootleg DVDs (read The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread) but why you would want to do so is another matter.

As far as we are aware there are no other fansubs availabe than those listed on AnimeSuki. At least with the LQ video rips you can see the complete series.
Old 2009-08-14, 11:19   Link #14
ms308680

Why is this marked as Completed in the list when only 4 episodes are subbed?
Old 2009-08-14, 11:25   Link #15
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms308680 View Post
Why is this marked as Completed in the list when only 4 episodes are subbed?
Because way back on the 24th Apr 2005, a torrent batch for eps 7 to 24 was released that completed the series. The "Completed" flag on AnimeSuki means that at one point in time the series was completed. Unfortunately the torrent (on kazooclub.cjb) is long dead.
Closed Thread