AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-08-23, 18:35   Link #41
FooBarWidget

I watched this stuff for the first time. Damn, it's pretty amazing. o_0 Animation (or should I say, color) looks like powerpuff (not that I like powerpuff), but much better. Music is quite good. Display of emotion is very good, especially the scene when Honey got angry while he was in a conversation with that journalist.

Honey is simple THE most powerful "magical girl" I've ever seen (but she's an android, so...). Look at her eyes while fighting. Look at her pure display of skills. She has no equals. Sailor Moon and what not all suck at fighting compared to her.
FooBarWidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 14:00   Link #42
tabularasa
Lucky Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter
Just so you guys know, Anno was only the general director on this series. Each of the three episodes has their own director. Episode One's director worked on FLCL and Dead Leaves.
Anno is "only" the general Director of Evangelion, also.... ^_^

But directed by Anno or not, this is a very good anime (naturally IMHO)
tabularasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 14:11   Link #43
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBarWidget
I watched this stuff for the first time. Damn, it's pretty amazing. o_0 Animation (or should I say, color) looks like powerpuff (not that I like powerpuff), but much better. Music is quite good. Display of emotion is very good, especially the scene when Honey got angry while he was in a conversation with that journalist.

Honey is simple THE most powerful "magical girl" I've ever seen (but she's an android, so...). Look at her eyes while fighting. Look at her pure display of skills. She has no equals. Sailor Moon and what not all suck at fighting compared to her.
Hmm... I always think Arale is the most powerful... android girl ever... or something...

But then Honey is definitely much hotter
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 14:59   Link #44
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... I always think Arale is the most powerful... android girl ever... or something...

But then Honey is definitely much hotter
Wait till the brave doctor see this OAV and decide to... upgrade Arale...
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 17:30   Link #45
Terrant

I was never a big fan of the Go Nagai original, but I haven't laughed this hard at an anime since FLCL (unsurprisingly, since they share talent)
Terrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 13:02   Link #46
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Uh...just exactly how much fanservice is in this? Can anyone please tell me, because after I heard that thing about
Spoiler:

, I wasn't really sure what to do....
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 19:48   Link #47
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Don't worry about it. It isn't graphic. Just very embarassing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 20:34   Link #48
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Has 'Re: Cutie Honey' been licensed???

Does anyone know if this anime has been licensed yet?
I know it was up recently up for DL'ing on the BT side. Now it's not there. It was there this past Friday. Good thing I had the chance to see it. I liked what I saw.

If it has been picked up I wonder if ADV is responsible. They picked up all the others except the original series from the 70's (wish some one would PLEASE release that!). If they have grabbed it 'Re:Cutie Honey' and haven't made it known I guess people will find out later. Or they'll spend time grabbing and sitting on stuff just like 'Cutey Honey F'.

Any insight on this?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-30 at 00:29. Reason: Merged threads
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:29   Link #49
chrno

Quote:
I wish someone would finish the Cutey Honey F fansubs. Sachi did 24 episodes and someone did the "movie", but there're quite a lot more episodes to be done.

CHF's ending theme is a favorite of mine, btw.
Yeah, I would like to check it out as well. I saw a few of the episodes in the raw. I wasn't sure I would like it but as I saw some things reminiscent of the older show (even though this version is more PC) I wanted to finish.

Wonder when ADV will put it out? I guess they'll keep sitting on stuff like everying else.

Old 2004-09-02, 09:54   Link #50
Balthier

Re: Cutie Honey

Amazing!!!!to the best style FLCL....

A mysterious organization known as Panther Claw make their presence known by terrorizing Tokyo and giving the cops a run for their money. Police are further baffled by the appearance of a lone cosplaying vigilante who thwarts all of Panther Claw's evil schemes before disappearing. That cosplayer is Honey Kisaragi, the result of the late Professor Kisaragi's prize experiment. A master of disguise, Honey can magically alter her physical appearance and outfits. But with a push of the heart-shaped button on her choker, she transforms herself into Cutie Honey, the scantily-clad, sword-wielding warrior of love and justice.
Balthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 10:25   Link #51
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier
Amazing!!!!to the best style FLCL....

A mysterious organization known as Panther Claw make their presence known by terrorizing Tokyo and giving the cops a run for their money. Police are further baffled by the appearance of a lone cosplaying vigilante who thwarts all of Panther Claw's evil schemes before disappearing. That cosplayer is Honey Kisaragi, the result of the late Professor Kisaragi's prize experiment. A master of disguise, Honey can magically alter her physical appearance and outfits. But with a push of the heart-shaped button on her choker, she transforms herself into Cutie Honey, the scantily-clad, sword-wielding warrior of love and justice.
That's a great description...you need to submit that to anime information sites!

Just got done translating episode 2...expect it out, at some point. :P
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 14:36   Link #52
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Does anyone know if this anime has been licensed yet?
I know it was up recently up for DL'ing on the BT side. Now it's not there. It was there this past Friday. Good thing I had the chance to see it. I liked what I saw.
Any insight on this?
Never mind. It's back up. Can't wait until episode. This should be fun if not interesting.

Old 2004-09-14, 22:11   Link #53
ultrataro

Ep 2, Earth

Well people, if you liked episode 1, check out episode 2! I thought 1 was pretty good, but 2 blew me away. For those complaining about lack of a story, ep 2 is where it's developed. And bad animation? I don't feel that way. There are quite a few scenes with some pretty good and fluid animation. And isn't it kind of interesting when people see things and make parallels as an example, Tarrantino, when he himself is heavily influenced by Japanese cinema, or Matrix when that was heavily influenced by anime. Kind of a neat thing to see. Creativity doesn't exist in a vacuum, one thing inspires another and it keeps going. Anyway, I'm going off subject.
Oh, and I see the previous post, I won't bother offering my translation since I see you're already done. I liked ep 2 so much I decided to translate it for myself.
If you're bothered by fan service, you'll prob be bothered by this series. Ep 2's got some full nudity girl on girl visuals. Go Nagai would be proud.
I kind of prefer the original theme version, but the updated one is good too. The Cutie Honey theme is one of those anime classics. It's insidiously catchy. Once you hear it, you can instantly identify it & it sticks in your brain.
Anyway, look forward to it. I'm waiting to see how they wrap it up in one more episode!
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 12:19   Link #54
Momiji74
Useless Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataro
If you're bothered by fan service, you'll prob be bothered by this series. Ep 2's got some full nudity girl on girl visuals. Go Nagai would be proud.
I'm not bother by fanservice, but in this case I think it's too much useless in plot...
This version of CH remind me too much Abenobashi (I did not like it very much) and not FLCL (I liked it)...
My taste, my problem...
Momiji74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 16:58   Link #55
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

I loved it. It's some great mindless entertainment. And I was very entertained the whole time. I loved the visuals, and damn it was full of energy. It was like it was exploding in balls of fire, it has so much energy. I don't know I expected a lot of T&A in it, that didn't really bother me. The penis and balls scene was hilarious. I was cracking up. I really dug the whole thing.
Old 2004-09-24, 17:45   Link #56
ultrataro

The Original TV series

I got a chance to see an ep of the original '73 series and it was very educational. Power Puff Girls has nothing to do with the colors, if anything it could be the other way around, as you do see references to anime & Japanese culture in some of the eps of PPG. The color pallette looks straight out of the '73 original, as does much of the BG art style. Some of the sound effect/bytes are also taken/inspired from the original. & Go Nagai was ahead of his time. He caused something of an uproar with the nudity & transformation scenes in this which many consider the first proto maho-shoujo story. I've heard that this TV series was canceled early because of the controversy of the ecchiness of it for the time.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 14:02   Link #57
nero.anike

you just have to love this ep because.... Devilman is in. you can spot him at 20:47. the guy with the A on his shirt.
nero.anike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 22:35   Link #58
UPN_Loki
Delicious

It is just me or is the new Torrent from K-Fans not got any seeders?
UPN_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 11:17   Link #59
thr

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPN_Loki
It is just me or is the new Torrent from K-Fans not got any seeders?
They recalled their release yesterday due to an encoding issue. Hopefully a new version isn't far behind.
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 13:58   Link #60
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero.anike
you just have to love this ep because.... Devilman is in. you can spot him at 20:47. the guy with the A on his shirt.
Koji, Boss and Duke are slo in it ^-^

Koji and Boss

Daisuke...I think...
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote