Yes, but he (seriously) lacks knowlegde 63 35.39%
No, but i think it wont take too long till he becomes it 12 6.74%
No 13 7.30%
No, not at all. He should be glad to be a genin. 25 14.04%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-24, 17:33   Link #21
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

The Chuunin exam is different every time. And from how it looked when Naruto took it the decisions are weighed by each instructors, and each of these instructors look for certain things not always the same or different. If the exam was taken in the village of the hidden sand, of which lets just say for an example look more into power. Then Naruto would certainly pass.

In my opinion, Naruto has grown the most out of anyone. And far from normal thinking. Naruto has shown a lot of good qualities in fights. Yes he is loud, butt-headed for lack of a better word, stubborn, and immature. But when it gets down to fighting he has shown strategies that are comparable to Shikamaru.

For Naruto fighting seems to be an instinct.

In terms of power he is above Chuunin. In terms of abilities in a fight he is above Chuunin. In skills, he is above even some Jounin. So yes I think he is worth the title. The only opposing factor is the way he acts normally, but in a fight, aside from the time he fought Kiba he is not like that at all.

He may not be the smartest person in Konoha. But he is not the worst.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 18:02   Link #22
Zek
Eyebrows...

Naruto is more than smart enough to be a Chuunin. What he lacks is discipline and self-control. He's a loose cannon and until he gets that worked out he'll be a danger to his subordinates and himself if he's ever put in a leadership position.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 21:08   Link #23
Ishe

I think Naruto should have been made a Chuunin in the first exam. Naruto was the one that actually showed the most important quality for leadership, which is the ability to inspire others. Shikamaru showed the most important quality for a strategist. However, I think that the judges still were biased against Naruto. I think the still disliked him and thought of him as a monster fox. Showing a few moves and beating Neji wouldn't have been enough to change those long standing views. So, I think Naruto was the reason that more genins didn't get promoted. If they promoted anyone else, then they wouldn't have had anything else to stand on besides their prejudice for not promoting Naruto. It seemed a lot like they suddenly came up with this reason why Shikamaru qualified and noone else did.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 21:21   Link #24
Zero system

the chuunin selection exam was not completed, theoreticaly none of the participants should have been promoted tp chuunin because the juges did not meet afterwards to analyse the performances of the participants because of the attack on konoha.

Shikamaru was an exeption because he made a super good impression on the juges that they did not need to discuss it further and it was clear to them that he was chuunin worthy.

had the chuunin selection exam been completed, you would have shurely had seen other ninja being promoted

anyways that is only my opinion
Zero system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 21:49   Link #25
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero system View Post
had the chuunin selection exam been completed, you would have shurely had seen other ninja being promoted
Like Shino, for example. ^^
Old 2006-10-24, 23:07   Link #26
yuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Like Shino, for example. ^^
I agree 110%!

Well, Naruto's fighting skill is chuunin level at the least. And i don't think the way they explained people become chuunin is really just. I mean, if someone as weak as Sakura or Ino pretimeskip coulda made it to the finals, what the hell should someone like Neji or Naruto do but go and kick their asses? Temari and Shikamaru aren't hand to hand fighters so they use other strategies. Hell, Gai is a hand to hand fighter and his ass is a jounin. Not special jounin, but a jounin. Who are the cream of the crop. I'm sure he just beat peoples asses to the top.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:25   Link #27
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well they were unfortunate...
Old 2006-10-25, 07:27   Link #28
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultis Rayn View Post
He's only perfect Chuunin material in determination and the fact that he has a big advantage with the Kyuubi, but other than that...he sucks.
Quoted for Truth.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:34   Link #29
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

The Kyuubi in this case is just Naruto's tool. Like Sharingan or Byakugan i agree that his determination is excellent but at the same time he isnt scared to help his teammates either.

You cant say that from some genius guys ([Chuunin Exam] Forest of Death, [Invasion Arc] Forest).

Naruto for example (vs Itachi) admitted that he was scared...but he tried everything to help Sasuke and to kill/attack Itachi...even though he was scared.

At the end of his Battle with Sasuke...i'd say he has what it takes.
Old 2006-10-25, 07:44   Link #30
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Pre-timeskip definitely not, and its obvious. Only shika become chuunin because he displayed exceptional use of tactics, and at such a young age. Does this mean the others had no grasp on tactics? No. Shikamaru just excelled at it, to the point where they found him more than worthy.

Spoiler:
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 18:16   Link #31
Princess of Kohona
A super kawii kunoichi

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Naruto = failure at life. He should have died instead of Haku.
ummm... then what would the series be called?sasgay comes to the rescue? I didn't think so.
Princess of Kohona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 18:45   Link #32
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
I think Naruto should have been made a Chuunin in the first exam. Naruto was the one that actually showed the most important quality for leadership, which is the ability to inspire others. Shikamaru showed the most important quality for a strategist.
I think what ultimately made them promote Shikamaru after that one battle alone was not his strategic skill (though that certainly could be a significant factor), but because he wisely chose to surrender even after he seemed to have gained the upper hand in the match. This showed he knows his own limit and has the potential of being a good leader who would think of the safety of the people under his command.

The way Neji and Naruto fought with all their might and thinking only of winning is good only for certain circumstances. And they're lucky they have the power to do so. But not everyone is blessed in such a way, and being a Chuunin means you have to take that into account when going on a mission. Especially when you also have to look out for your team members.

And as for inspiring people, that's fine and all that, but to blindly go into battle just because you're inspired would only get you killed pointlessly. Of course, there're times when you have no choice but to fight. So it's all about knowing when to fight and when to retreat and fight another day.

So for now, I feel Naruto is close but not up to chuunin level yet. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being a genin, is there? Naruto is still young.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 21:16   Link #33
tsukiko-chan

naruto will NEVER!!! become chunin for the fact that if you listen to the judges during the exam you will hear them call him the nine tails kid.

that being said none of the judges see naruto as a human being they only see the fox and that keeps them from judging him fairly, even if he has the best qualifications the judges will never allow the kyuubi to be a real ninja for fear of the fox gaining power and attacking the village again
tsukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 22:10   Link #34
Blaster

I voted no because Naruto doesn't have the leadership and the brains to analyse the general situation/surroundings.

Power wise, Naruto won't lose to anyway of the jounins. All he have to do is to let out 3 tails and he'll do better than Kakashi.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 03:42   Link #35
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
I voted Yes, but he (seriously) lacks knowlegde,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-29, 04:02   Link #36
Kinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelsol View Post
Naruto fails as a leader,
yet, he will become a Hokage
Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 08:10   Link #37
Naruto_Demon
Senior Gundam Pilot

Send a message via MSN to Naruto_Demon Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto_Demon
Well...to me Naruto should be a Chuunin.
It's true he's not leader material, but IF he was a leader he would not let anyone on his team die. Also if you think about it, if Naruto can take out members of Atasuki and be able to master different high level justu's than he should be a chuunin.
Naruto_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 08:12   Link #38
Naruto_Demon
Senior Gundam Pilot

Send a message via MSN to Naruto_Demon Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto_Demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Kohona View Post
ummm... then what would the series be called?sasgay comes to the rescue? I didn't think so.
Haha! I totally agree.
Naruto_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 14:54   Link #39
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_Demon View Post
Well...to me Naruto should be a Chuunin.
It's true he's not leader material, but IF he was a leader he would not let anyone on his team die. Also if you think about it, if Naruto can take out members of Atasuki and be able to master different high level justu's than he should be a chuunin.
I agree...if he was a "member of a Chuunin squad" not a leader of the squad. Then they would do just fine.

His determination, his will, his ambition, his character would make him a very good shinobi. He'd die for Konoha...or his companions.
Old 2006-10-29, 17:11   Link #40
flexx

I voted "no".

Given the explanation what makes you a chuunin, naruto isn't worth it. As a chuunin you have to lead a squad.
And I can see naruto being quite smart in a fight himself 1vs1. But considering all his teammates and the enemy; I just think that this is to much for him

And as a chuunin you have to check your environment and use it for your advantage... shikamaru did so, naruto didn't.

Naruto is quite the fighter and can come up with very good ideas in a fight 1vs1. But this is just for himself.
But he is not a leader. A leader must know the strength of the teammates and the enemy, analyze it and use it for his advantage.
I don't think naruto is clever enough for this and will never be.

btw: if the series follows a logical way, naruto will never become hokage but an hermit like jiraya
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote