Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2009-02-05, 10:49   Link #7502
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Which all originated from Nosferatu.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Technically Dracula was the first vampire, at least in alot of the fiction I have seen.
Yes in modern fiction(since what the 20s/30s) it dose start with Nosferatu.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 11:15   Link #7503
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
No he's not, thanks to the lock, but for a little while he was and his actions during that time were included in part of your 'facts' that you brought up.

~*~

And I thought that this street was still in the Youkai dimension...Moka was out walking freely in vampire form. She must have been dampening her aura a bit so no one would freak out.
I'm guessing you failed literature class? They call it "Ghoul-Like" now, think for a minute. What does this mean? Its attribution is that of a ghoul but he's not a ghoul. He is simply a man overwhelmed by the strength of his new blood. He's a turned vampire. They used the term "Ghoul-Like" because there was no better way of describing it. As the author pointed out, a ghoul is a corpse controlled by malevolent spirit.

Please learn to read before trying to rebutal me.

As far as the fight in the warehouse is concern, there is no way you can say it wasn't her "full strength", given the situation, you think it was any time to be laxed? And you can tell from her facial expression that it was serious. You're merely assuming she was "taking it easy". And she didn't get soaked in water until after the kicks were made.

And of course you didn't try to rebute the Hokuto fight. Moka was getting tossed around like a rag doll that fight. Until Tsukune stepped in.

Magin is right though. We'll never know who's actually stronger, as they'll never fight each other, without some plot twist. So, this argument is pretty much moot.

The whole, "turned-vampire" not as strong as "pure-vampire" is mere speculation and assumptions. We like to think that an imitation can't be as good as the real thing. But I digress, Mr. Pibb is just as good as Dr. Pepper.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 11:23   Link #7504
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
It has to be a REALY special explanation if somehow Tsukune has equal "raw-power" as Moka...the original always better than a fake created from something inferior...exept some special situations...

About the water thing...i don't know why she don't use some kind of special lotion to protect herself from water...because her skin can't get enough air then? She's a vampire, not a human, so i think it means nothing to her...
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 11:24   Link #7505
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Technically Dracula was the first vampire, at least in alot of the fiction I have seen.
I thought Nosferatu and Dracula were just different names for the same entity?

Anyway, as for the whole argument about Tsukune vs Moka. The impression I got from the 'Over-Consumption' chapter was that Tsukune's body was altered by Moka's blood in such a fashion that he's begun to produce his own vampiric variation of her/his blood.

At this point I don't imagine there is so much of a difference in raw power as there is skill, Moka can control herself and Tsukune still goes berserk without the holy lock.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 11:33   Link #7506
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm guessing you failed literature class? They call it "Ghoul-Like" now, think for a minute. What does this mean? Its attribution is that of a ghoul but he's not a ghoul. He is simply a man overwhelmed by the strength of his new blood. He's a turned vampire. They used the term "Ghoul-Like" because there was no better way of describing it. As the author pointed out, a ghoul is a corpse controlled by malevolent spirit.

Please learn to read before trying to rebutal me.

As far as the fight in the warehouse is concern, there is no way you can say it wasn't her "full strength", given the situation, you think it was any time to be laxed? And you can tell from her facial expression that it was serious. You're merely assuming she was "taking it easy". And she didn't get soaked in water until after the kicks were made.

And of course you didn't try to rebute the Hokuto fight. Moka was getting tossed around like a rag doll that fight. Until Tsukune stepped in.

Magin is right though. We'll never know who's actually stronger, as they'll never fight each other, without some plot twist. So, this argument is pretty much moot.

The whole, "turned-vampire" not as strong as "pure-vampire" is mere speculation and assumptions. We like to think that an imitation can't be as good as the real thing. But I digress, Mr. Pibb is just as good as Dr. Pepper.
There are 2 things to remember ghouls take damage as they fight and if they fight to long they will self destruct.

Also water limited Moka heavily before then she was knocking him around and if she was able should would have used the vampire powers seen in the Mizreo arch in 14 or 15 to finish him.

So these are the assumed facts Moka while a being of reason could not overcome her weakness to fight at full power while Tuskune in ghoul mode was filled with nothing but malicious intent and no reason,fear or pain he could fight beyond his full potential at great cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
It has to be a REALY special explanation if somehow Tsukune has equal "raw-power" as Moka...the original always better than a fake created from something inferior...exept some special situations...

About the water thing...i don't know why she don't use some kind of special lotion to protect herself from water...because her skin can't get enough air then? She's a vampire, not a human, so i think it means nothing to her...
Well look at like this Moka has reason, logic and pride her powers are limited by these, In ghoul mode the only limit is the ability to move and hit.

Moka is able to access more power and has more skill, Ghoul mode is jsut mindless attacking with no restraint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post

Anyway, as for the whole argument about Tsukune vs Moka. The impression I got from the 'Over-Consumption' chapter was that Tsukune's body was altered by Moka's blood in such a fashion that he's begun to produce his own vampiric variation of her/his blood.

At this point I don't imagine there is so much of a difference in raw power as there is skill, Moka can control herself and Tsukune still goes berserk without the holy lock.
Depends on the fiction but ya I forgot that they are bascily the same as far as US cinema goes...sorry mew brains are like a thimble or short glass it only holds so much at a time. :X

There is that but the fiction tells me that Vampires start out with a basic skill set (power,regeneration,ect) through training they become that much more potent and as they developed their full potential comes out through their transformational powers as seen in the Mizreo arch their might be more but that's all we know right now.

As I said above Ghoul mode disregards mind/body so much its able to gain extreme raw power at the cost of self destruction.
Old 2009-02-05, 11:36   Link #7507
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

You are correct sir. In terms of Raw power they are comparable. Moka merely have experience and skill on her side. Though Tsukune as we know is getting better. As he mentioned in Chapter 15. He's always fighting against extremely powerful foes. This within itself is good combat training. You won't get better fighting noobs, right?
Old 2009-02-05, 11:54   Link #7508
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post

Quote:

Quote:
You are correct sir. In terms of Raw power they are comparable. Moka merely have experience and skill on her side. Though Tsukune as we know is getting better. As he mentioned in Chapter 15. He's always fighting against extremely powerful foes. This within itself is good combat training. You won't get better fighting noobs, right?
Fighting in Ghoul mode dose not really count.... its nothing but mindless raging about with no thought or memory.
Old 2009-02-05, 12:38   Link #7509
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Fighting in Ghoul mode dose not really count.... its nothing but mindless raging about with no thought or memory.
He only went berserk once. Or is that just something thats forgotten
Old 2009-02-05, 12:44   Link #7510
ZippyDSM

Quote:
He only went berserk once. Or is that just something thats forgotten
Ghoul mode=berserk
He only attacked a friend once,tried to a few times, don't glaze it over ghoul mode is nearly uncontrollable it takes a mental shock to get out of it and then he collapses from the sheer strain of it.

EDIT

The only experience gained from fighting in ghoul mode is the body adjusting to the forces used and it might aid regeneration ability to limited extents, because the conscious/sub conscious is so warped even things like muscle memory would be invalidated...like he would have any from punch punch take hit punch punch.

Ghoul mode is a loss as far as experience is concerned.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:29   Link #7511
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Sort of off-topic:

My favorite piece of vampire lore comes from a table top RPG company called White Wolf. In Vampire: the Masquerade, the first vampire is the Biblical Cain, the man who slew his brother Abel.

It's a nice twist to the Bible passage:

Quote:
The Lord said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 13:32   Link #7512
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Sort of off-topic:

My favorite piece of vampire lore comes from a table top RPG company called White Wolf. In Vampire: the Masquerade, the first vampire is the Biblical Cain, the man who slew his brother Abel.

It's a nice twist to the Bible passage:
Seen the films I like the fiction and plot story is so so.
Able was the werewolf was it not or has mew brwains gotten fuzzy?
Old 2009-02-05, 13:36   Link #7513
kujoe
from head to heel

No, I haven't heard of such a thing. I'm not that familiar with all of their works.

Caine, the father of all vampires, is just the legend that vampires within that setting ascribe to. Actual history for most, a myth to others.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:39   Link #7514
ZippyDSM

Quote:
No, I haven't heard of such a thing.

Caine, the father of all vampires, is just the legend that vampires within that setting ascribe to. Actual history for most, a myth to others.
Thats right , his sons where the vampire and werewolf lords at least in the films...I hated the whole virus angle tho....
Old 2009-02-05, 13:42   Link #7515
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... and then you have the Underworld mythology: that the sons of Corvinus (or however its spelled) were bitten by a wolf and a bat, and thus you got the vampires and werewolves

really, it all depends on who the author is... most of us grew up with the idea of Dracula due to Brahm Stoker (which I'm betting was based off the actual Count), and then there's thousands of pieces of vampire lore... so to each their own

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 13:45   Link #7516
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... and then you have the Underworld mythology: that the sons of Corvinus (or however its spelled) were bitten by a wolf and a bat, and thus you got the vampires and werewolves

really, it all depends on who the author is... most of us grew up with the idea of Dracula due to Brahm Stoker (which I'm betting was based off the actual Count), and then there's thousands of pieces of vampire lore... so to each their own
Yes yes its all relative to the creator of the fiction. One could say Dracula was not the first but the most prolific.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:47   Link #7517
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Thats right , his sons where the vampire and werewolf lords at least in the films...I hated the whole virus angle tho....
There's a movie of it..? (There was a tv series before, I think...)

But that doesn't sound like the same version. There's a separate game set in the same universe for werewolves (Werewolf: the Apocalypse), and the origins are different.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic-ness.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:49   Link #7518
ZippyDSM

Quote:
There's a movie of it..? (There was a tv series before, I think...)

But that doesn't sound like the same version. There's a separate game set in the same universe for werewolves (Werewolf: the Apocalypse), and the origins are different.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic-ness.
Underworld is based off the whiteweolf games.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:53   Link #7519
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The film (Underworld) was the subject of a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by White Wolf, Inc. and Nancy A. Collins claiming the setting was too similar to the Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse games, both set in the World of Darkness setting, and the Sonja Blue vampire novels. White Wolf filed 17 counts of copyright infringement, and claimed over 80 points of unique similarity between White Wolf's game systems and the movie. White Wolf, Inc. also claimed the script was very similar to a story entitled The Love of Monsters (1994) which they published and was written by Nancy A. Collins.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:57   Link #7520
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Actually...
I recall seeing the white wolf logo in one of the movies,perhaps 2 they managed to buy them off by then?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire