Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 19:04   Link #141
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai View Post
so if someone marries their cousin >>>> father's brother's son that's incest right?? even though it's not extremely closely blood related? but i hear that some people marry their cousins and it's legal 0_0.
Incest? Not sure about other countries, but in my country and culture this is acceptable.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 19:19   Link #142
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

first is it rumati or mahati?
Episode 11 got some great background info in it. But i think in the overall plot, this episode will be quiet meaningless. I mean it might seem like major info but after you think about it you wonder so why is this important overall. Anyway, it was not a bad episode overall. And maybe it does have some great importance to the plot

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 19:44   Link #143
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
so if someone marries their cousin >>>> father's brother's son that's incest right?? even though it's not extremely closely blood related? but i hear that some people marry their cousins and it's legal 0_0.
In most countries (except for the US and a few Muslim countries) it's perfectly legal and acceptable for cousins to get married.

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 23:13   Link #144
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
There have been studies conducted that prove that cousin's offspring have the same chance of a genetic defect as a regular couple. And like Rika-chama stated, the US and a couple other places are the only ones that have it illegal. But only for first cousins i think.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 00:33   Link #145
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, what a curveball. Kajika and Lumati's fathers are half-siblings, effectively making them cousins? Nothing wrong with that mind you, it's just, what are the odds? XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 01:49   Link #146
golthin

Quote:
Well, incest is defined in most societies as having a sexual relationship with tier 1 and 2 relatives. Tier 1 is father,mother,son,daughter; tier 2 is uncle,aunt,grandfather,grandmother,nephew,niece,gr andchildren.

many countries allow marriage between 1st cousins(tier 3) and in the USA many states forbid LEGAL MARRIAGE between 1st cousins but it is not considered incest. Japan allows 1st cousins to marry. the funny thing is that Japan don't allow marriages between people that are in the same Family registry as relatives even if they are not related by blood. If two stepchildren wanted to marry, they would have to wait till they can create their own family registry to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
In most countries (except for the US and a few Muslim countries) it's perfectly legal and acceptable for cousins to get married.
Only some states in the USA forbid Marriage between 1st cousins but having sex between cousins is not considered incest. I think that about 30 states have it as illegal so I can understand why most people think it is the same all around the country.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 19:22   Link #147
Ensign Shiro Amada
Kopitar's Herald

Regardless of the possibility of incest, the stories of Mahati, Kathleen, and Fred are infinitely more engaging than the main story. I mean, they made each character likeable, whereas I don't really have a lot of motivation to like Kajika, Eugene, or even Li-ren.
Ensign Shiro Amada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 00:23   Link #148
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Shiro Amada View Post
Regardless of the possibility of incest, the stories of Mahati, Kathleen, and Fred are infinitely more engaging than the main story. I mean, they made each character likeable, whereas I don't really have a lot of motivation to like Kajika, Eugene, or even Li-ren.
completely agree, that was the part that i liked the most about the manga and I was waiting for them to animate it, too bad they only did half of it in the last episode.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:17   Link #149
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Shiro Amada View Post
Lol. I get what you mean. That was an actual story, whereas the main story is more contrived.

But for me Kajika may be the best anime character of the year. I love her combination of directness, innocence, and strength. Not unlike Mahati. I like Li-ren a lot, too. Even Eugene has something to him, and I am getting more used to him.

For me, this is one of the better anime of the season, unjustly overlooked.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 21:01   Link #150
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Watched Episode 12
Spoiler for 12:

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-06-22 at 21:16.
Old 2009-06-23, 06:29   Link #151
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Watched Episode 12
Spoiler for 12:
this is one thing that fails in the anime. They have already taken one of the candidates out of the competition, at least from the audience point of view. In the manga, even though they showed the whole story, we don't find this "secret" till almost the very end. they already let everbody know their relationship.
Old 2009-06-23, 06:41   Link #152
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
this is one thing that fails in the anime. They have already taken one of the candidates out of the competition, at least from the audience point of view. In the manga, even though they showed the whole story, we don't find this "secret" till almost the very end. they already let everbody know their relationship.
Spoiler for Relationship:
Old 2009-06-23, 10:55   Link #153
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
This is true, we've prolly got some people thinking with a Western/USA point of view... Like I said earlier, cousins aren't any big deal outside of the US. Granted, it's not the /norm/, but it's not taboo, either.

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:56   Link #154
golthin

Quote:
it is not that, it is the fact that most people in Japan already know that pairing as the manga is completed.
Old 2009-06-23, 12:53   Link #155
*reira*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it is not that, it is the fact that most people in Japan already know that pairing as the manga is completed.
I frankly fail to see why you deem this a failure on the animated version's part, or did I read it wrong ?

Marriage between cousins , or relatives of any kind, has always been commonplace in nobility as far as I know, and it's already been hinted that it be preferable for Rumati to marry in the family.

Spoiler for Spoilers for yet-to-appeear characters:
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 15:20   Link #156
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

I am catching up with the series this weekend. This is my coverage of a very fun episode 9

Spoiler:

Episode 10

Spoiler:

Episode 11

Spoiler:

Episode 12

Spoiler:

Last edited by Celestial Kitsune; 2009-07-01 at 23:08.
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 09:24   Link #157
carmolita

What happend to episode 13??? Did it not air?
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 09:51   Link #158
*reira*

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
What happend to episode 13??? Did it not air?
It will air this Sunday (July 5th). Last Sunday they aired a recap episode numbered 12.5.
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 09:28   Link #159
KrimzonStriker

Anybody here knows if anyone is still subbing this anime? If not could someone summarize episode 14 for me since its raw, I'm a big Jun Fukuyama fan and I'd like to know since his character has made an entrance

Good anime BTW, I like it personally
Old 2009-07-16, 13:02   Link #160
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Anybody here knows if anyone is still subbing this anime? If not could someone summarize episode 14 for me since its raw, I'm a big Jun Fukuyama fan and I'd like to know since his character has made an entrance

Good anime BTW, I like it personally
Er... Um... Heheh....

Ichigo69 here... Yes, we're still subbing it at m33w. I'm really sorry, it's been my fault that there have been no releases. My life was kinda crazy-insane for the past 3 weeks or so... Ep 9 needs to be finished editing by me and ep 10 was just TLC'd, so it's also at me. As my life is starting to calm down a bit <fingers crossed> you guys should start to see regular releases like normal. I'm really sorry for the delay as it's been completely my fault. We also plan on finishing all 39 episodes.

Cheers!

Nope. Not a thing.

Tags
romance, shoujo