AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Which is your preffered mating race?
Same/Own Race 33 49.25%
White(Caucosoid) 12 17.91%
Asian(Mongoloid) 15 22.39%
Black(Negroid) 1 1.49%
Hispanic 0 0%
Arab 2 2.99%
Other Hybrids (describe the racial mixture) 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-11, 05:10   Link #21
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I object! The poll lacks the all-important racial choice of Anime Girl, a.k.a. 2D, a.k.a. hugpillow, a.k.a. holographic fantasies.

What a discrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaroh View Post
Caucosoid, Mongoloid, Negroid?
It's a popularized* version of a rather outdated anthropological racial concept. Anthropologists now allege that human populations are actually not so neatly divided genetically as to classify them so simply, among other things. It doesn't help that this taxonomy has been associated with the racist undertones of late 19th century social sciences which made modern academics awfully reluctant to rely on it.

*By popularized I mean the usage is watered down, as in this case, down to the color of skin and a vague notion of race, while the original concept dealt with something more physical. This is easily noticeable by how the OP distinguishes Hispanics and Arabs from Western European Caucasoids, although in the case for Latin American Hispanics racial mixture with "Mongoloid" natives did complicate things...or we could have just thrown the terminology out the window altogether and be done with it.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:10   Link #22
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
I wonder you look like?

I'm Asian and Arab mix but I'm often mistaken as a Eurasian... lol
Wow that's a really rare mix.

You sir are a gem in a world full of discrimination. Work of art.

I didn't vote because what if I voted one race then I ended up with another, I'll never be able to look at my wife eye to eye.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:22   Link #23
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Wow that's a really rare mix.

You sir are a gem in a world full of discrimination. Work of art.
Now that you mention it, people who have mixed Asian/Arab heritage are rare!

But what exactly do you mean when you said I'm a gem in a world full of discrimination?
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:29   Link #24
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Seeing as the most people and only people I've had a crush on or dated have been the same race as me I chose that.

But ofcourse I wouldn't be bothered.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:37   Link #25
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Now that you mention it, people who have mixed Asian/Arab heritage are rare!

But what exactly do you mean when you said I'm a gem in a world full of discrimination?
As in the world is full of discrimination, and for two people of different backgrounds/races/religion/culture to come together and have you is truly something joyful. Hence gem.
Old 2009-08-11, 07:41   Link #26
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Ah, I fully understand now! I'm touched!

I'm giving you a reputation! ^_^
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:47   Link #27
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

For me, personality is the most vital thing to a relationship, but it isn't going to go anywhere without some attraction. Since I'm most attracted to women of my own race, Caucasian, I selected that for the poll. This doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to date people from other ethnicities, though.
Old 2009-08-11, 11:43   Link #28
klowny
OH NO

i chose randomly anyone is fine
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 11:47   Link #29
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
I wonder you look like?

I'm Asian and Arab mix but I'm often mistaken as a Eurasian... lol
lol well my mom is a white south African so there isn't much of a difference, I look a lot like my dad but I don't have Asian eyes, he has it a little
when you see me you wouldn't tell that I am half Asian or South African for that I look way too European
when I was a baby however I was tanned, had black hair and Asian eyes lol I looked like a little Chinese back when I was a kid
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 12:10   Link #30
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
lol well my mom is a white south African so there isn't much of a difference, I look a lot like my dad but I don't have Asian eyes, he has it a little
when you see me you wouldn't tell that I am half Asian or South African for that I look way too European
when I was a baby however I was tanned, had black hair and Asian eyes lol I looked like a little Chinese back when I was a kid
Maybe you're a changeling. GASP
Old 2009-08-11, 12:31   Link #31
Autumn Demon
~

I'm brown (half Indian). But i grew up in a 90% white town, so i have a strong preference towards white girls, but other races can be hot.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:05   Link #32
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Being born to a country where mostly Caucasean (aka white) lives, I think I prefer that. And maybe a little Asian, thanks to my (our) hobby. I've never met black girls (or people) before, but I recently saw that there are more and more of them coming to our country, what I like, because it's a very xenophobic (or maybe facist?) country, and I'd love to see some change in the near future. Of course, this mainly caused by a specific minority, whose have some really bad reputation here, so much that I was raised to watch out for and fear them. And this is why I'm afraid of brown people.
Anyway, it's not like I'm going to marry someone in the near future, because I see girlfriends as a bother now.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:43   Link #33
Sides

Obviously i want to have strong offsprings, so i would go for a mating partner from any other racial group, but mine.
Mating and Relationships partner are two different things anyway, imo.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:23   Link #34
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

I thought long and hard about this but I just can't decide. XD

There's so many confounds that I don't really know if my past experiences are proof of my preferences or if that's just a hasty conclusion. I've only dated Asians (none from my own ethnicity, either), but that could just be because I didn't find any girls at my school, which was majority white, and I belonged to a fair number of nerdy/gamer groups. I ended up meeting girls of other races after high school, but it's only been a year, so I'm not quite sure if I'll learn more about myself.

It's just such a hard conclusion to come to.
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:30   Link #35
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it's important for me to go out or spend my days with someone who knows the Customs of my religion and that is useually all the girls of the same race as me. someone who does know the Customs will have a hard time fitting in the community, understanding ways of life and traditions.

going out with an asian girl is more of a fantsy for me i think. connecting anime and manga.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:04   Link #36
qwertyuiopz

omg i cant find dog in the poll
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 15:59   Link #37
oompa loompa

I wish I was in a position to pick and choose between races in real life .. "Ah X is kind of cute.. but shes from ____ (fill in race), so I think I'll go with Y", unfortunately I don't quite have women of all races and colors fawning all over me

I'll be happy with what I can get really, I always figure its best to let things happen on their own.

If I had to choose though (tee hee ), my only real preference would be for someone outside my own race. Though, I really don't care much either ways - I can't say that ( as of now atleast) there wouldn't be a certain level of comfort to be with someone of your own race, its sad, but I have to admit that - Though thats probably because I finished most of my high school in a school without much (any) variety - which in a way is also why I wouldn't want that ( as of now atleast).

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2009-08-11 at 22:46.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 17:03   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaroh View Post
Caucosoid, Mongoloid, Negroid?

I have never even heard anyone use these terms before. For that matter, the only times I see anyone use the word caucasian is on the internet or on applications.

By mating choice, I assume you mean someone you want to settle down and have kids with, so I'd have to go with a hybrid. They get good gas mileage and emit lower emissions than conventional internal combustion engine vehicles.

What can I say? I love my cars.

All kidding aside, I prefer asians.
They are ancient scientific terms for what were considered the "three dominant branches of Humanity" before the late 20th Century. They're about as obsolete as 'earth centered solar system' models now.

For that matter, most 'racial designations' are a lot of arm-waving delusions of arbitrary divisions. You might have a bit more luck with non-physical 'cultural designations'. But the thread is about preferences in looks (though I see many people keep pulling in what are really cultural/religious preferences to make their choices).
Old 2009-08-11, 22:29   Link #39
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
For that matter, most 'racial designations' are a lot of arm-waving delusions of arbitrary divisions. You might have a bit more luck with non-physical 'cultural designations'. But the thread is about preferences in looks (though I see many people keep pulling in what are really cultural/religious preferences to make their choices).
I don't want to sound conscending towards those who live in other cities or anything, but the cultural/religious preferences didn't really even cross my mind for this poll. One of the nice things about Vancouver is that I can get Made in Canada in practically any colour I want.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 22:42   Link #40
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
So, I'm an asian and currently is very confused whether I have to choose the Same/Own Race or the Asian choice

Anyway I'm abstain for this poll because I think that are humans are created to be equal...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote