AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 00:44   Link #39461
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, I like my happy ending, one or two verse hit rock bottom doesn't mean everything else did.
Old 2013-01-15, 01:19   Link #39462
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can't say I disagree with that logic.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 02:31   Link #39463
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Bodysuit that's weaved in a special manner that it prevents the user's limbs from moving beyond his/her range or motion. Plausible?
Old 2013-01-15, 02:37   Link #39464
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Bodysuit that's weaved in a special manner that it prevents the user's limbs from moving beyond his/her range or motion. Plausible?
It ought to be. But that's just me basing after what I saw happened during one of the suit test videos shown in the film Iron Man 2.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 03:10   Link #39466
Eratas123

It's not very grimdark when all my endings seem to swerve immediately to happy regardless of the story up to that point. Idealism is such an annoying thing sometimes.
Old 2013-01-15, 03:18   Link #39467
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And it's also annoying when suddenly it got worse for no reason than trying to milk dry the sympathy, causing the audience to left angrily or simply disappointed and feel betrayed.

"It's not about the beginning or the goal, it's the journey that counts" indeed, the ending has to be consistent with the build up
Old 2013-01-15, 05:02   Link #39468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

dark's dark. Paint it however you want the black spot's still there.
Old 2013-01-15, 05:23   Link #39469
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

MINDSCREW TIME!

Spoiler:

I REGRET NOTHING

Old 2013-01-15, 05:39   Link #39470
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What if IS side story of cake eater... had a teacher mentoring each of the girls. Instead of adding OC students, just following the lives of the girls as they try to find their place.

Houki, being trained to be the next Chifuyu by the swordswoman teacher. etc.

Cecilia might get a sniper teacher. Just that that teacher was actually a professional assassin at one point in her life.

Laura would be forced to go by the german government to show off. Her teacher would be a kind lady... or should it just be a bad ass?

problem is charlotte and Rin since they went to ISA because of Ichika. Rin I can imagine, Charlotte... would Dunois just outright lie about a male pilot?

gaaaah... but I can't leave Aries T_T
Old 2013-01-15, 05:49   Link #39471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rin probably still going there because she's already cadet rep before Ichika is made a pilot, just less eager than canon.

Charlotte would be there too, just not in drag, doing teen-spy thing just because.

I think one teacher for one student is too unfair for the rest, more like one teacher for one group with commonality, and that's more or less unofficial assignment (like a teacher-assisted study group). Of course, this assuming things don't play like canon while the rest... well, they just didn't care about fighting, so the group is small enough as it is.

And if you insist putting the OC in, no one stopping you
Old 2013-01-15, 05:56   Link #39472
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What happened in the draft?
Old 2013-01-15, 06:15   Link #39473
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Aries comes off as a standard shonen hero. His closest relation would probably be with Laura. I'm not even sure how to make him non-sueish if ever people start calling him it.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:20   Link #39474
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Three occassion in three separate scene

1. Ichika is examined whether he's being related to Orimura is plausible
2. Ichika is given a forged identity by Chifuyu, he and the female Ichika went to visit Dan....'s graveyard! O<O
3. Twist that Dan is pretty much alive and having a special journey with Madoka, avenging his future self =_=

@ Demi
Don't worry, stuish =/= likable, just look at HoTM, Stu beyond Stu and yet within the context of story, it just... work. Being the first extended I.S. fic probably helped though.

You'd probably avoid:
1. Emphasis of manliness
2. Emphasis of being better than Ichika
3. Emphasis of his being more popular than Ichika
4. Winning over girls in battle and romance hands down, no dynamic whatsoever.
5. His existence driving the plot.
6. Making him hog every spotlight, even when he's supposedly not important in the scene/plot point.

If you did make this as companion fic, just skip 2&3. Trust me, it'll work
Old 2013-01-15, 06:21   Link #39475
Eratas123

@ Demi - Don't forget that being a badass isn't the problem: It's the struggle. You can be a badass so long as you EARN that title, and you don't turn the story into an instant win the moment that character shows up. This is the problem with many Naruto fics since they insist on giving him full control of the Fox, be the Hokage, AND have the Sharingan/Rinnegan. That's just stupidly powerful.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:23   Link #39476
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A touchy classification it is. If I were you, I'd just run with whatever I have in mind.

I just gave up trying to keep my OCs off the Sue charts... if they ever come close to it. Doing that just to ensure people don't get the chance to call your OC out as a Sue is as good as not having any control or freedom over your own story.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:28   Link #39477
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I am very sure Inami pass it

I always use this litmus and it's fairly trusty, I hereby guarantee it.

BTW. In the new world Ichika's new name is written as 市化 , 'Market Change', instead of 一夏, 'One Summer'. Ichika lampshaded if the other Ichika having fun choosing that meaningful name for him...

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-01-15 at 07:04.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 06:56   Link #39478
Eratas123

Do all paintball guns have the assault rifle mold or are they capable of being different guns? Can you have a painball pistol.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:59   Link #39479
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, it can be anything. Yes you can have pistol but woe the bullet accuracy is pathetic and the magazine is too small, sniper version are useless as well since the bullet speed is regulated anyway. Thus the most common model is either SMG or assault rifle, which can go rapid fire without being too bulky.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:00   Link #39480
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I am very sure Inami pass it

Hmm...
Spoiler for Result:

I'll take it.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest