AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 12:16   Link #1081
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
D: I don't think Haruka would have done anything with more power. It's not like she was even doing it out of spite against Kanata; there were just that, pranks, and she did very much the same things against Riki's classroom, and certainly not out of spite.
E: I realize that. What I say is that that objective, and the mediums to do it, were awful.

I thought it was Kanata (it's in concord with everything else she was doing), but I could be wrong.

And I think you are overestimating how much of a troublemaker she was. She wasn't nearly as bad as the council painted her.
Oh yea, I fully agree that the means she used to achieve her objective were as flawed as her logic. Still...the thought should count for something.

I'm pretty sure it was Haruka that kept skipping class of her own accord, she said she didn't like being there, but likely wasn't alienated by everyone else until she became a troublemaker.

Well yea, her pranks weren't that bad...but it's the amount of pranks (which seemed to come daily or near daily) that get to you, especially when the Student Council which has a lot of other things to do ends up wasting time dealing with the pranks and having to catch her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I like this reason.

Isnt it probably they both have the same dad since they look exactly alike??
Dude...they are IDENTICAL TWINS of course they have the same freaking father...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:18   Link #1082
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Still...the thought should count for something.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Quote:
Dude...they are IDENTICAL TWINS of course they have the same freaking father...
Uhm, no... The whole point (well, one of the points) was that they had the same mother but different fathers (a weird form of twins), and the family had pitted them against each other to see who was the daughter of the criminal one.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:22   Link #1083
Kudryavka

Quote:
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Uhm, no... The whole point (well, one of the points) was that they had the same mother but different fathers (a weird form of twins), and the family had pitted them against each other to see who was the daughter of the criminal one.
iirc they called themselves fraternal twins, then claimed they have different dads. Its possible for fraternal twins to look alike, but only if they have the same parents.

Or was the fathers brothers? They had a threesome lol
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:24   Link #1084
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Or was the fathers brothers? They had a threesome lol
Indeed, IIRC the fathers were brothers, and they had some kind of threesome (or at least they did their thing close in time), which was the reason both impregnated the mother in the 24 hr lapse needed for that type of twins to occur.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:38   Link #1085
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Honestly I think the whole thing with them having different fathers was just those stupid adults' excuse so at least one child wasn't born from a criminal, which they seemed to loath with a passion.
Then again it's been a while since I've played Haruka's route so I could be dead wrong here.
Old 2013-01-20, 15:45   Link #1086
Snuffle
likes cute things

It was explained at the end of Haruka's route that the two fathers were trying to help the mother "escape" that twisted family. I might be remembering wrong but I think one of the fathers (the one we meet in the story at the shopping district) took the blame for the whole incident and intentionally made himself a criminal to protect the mother and the other father. Either way, it was not an excuse, the fathers were trying to "free" their mother and the unborn children from the oppressive family.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:57   Link #1087
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
It was explained at the end of Haruka's route that the two fathers were trying to help the mother "escape" that twisted family. I might be remembering wrong but I think one of the fathers (the one we meet in the story at the shopping district) took the blame for the whole incident and intentionally made himself a criminal to protect the mother and the other father. Either way, it was not an excuse, the fathers were trying to "free" their mother and the unborn children from the oppressive family.
I meant that it was an excuse from the family that took the twins in, not their parents >_>
Old 2013-01-21, 06:42   Link #1088
Zankoku12

Quote:
D: I don't think Haruka would have done anything with more power. It's not like she was even doing it out of spite against Kanata; there were just that, pranks, and she did very much the same things against Riki's classroom, and certainly not out of spite.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Sound like spite to me and she knows exactly what she's doing with her pranks.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 07:12   Link #1089
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

If I remember right, originally both Haruka and Kanata agreed with each other about the roles they imposed upon themselves (cmiiw, but wasn't Haruka the one who convinced Kanata?). So at first, they only pretended to loathe each other, but they both lost sight of this somewhere along the way, and pretends became reals.
Old 2013-01-21, 08:31   Link #1090
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Sound like spite to me and she knows exactly what she's doing with her pranks.
And with that Zankoku just because my favorite person here
Old 2013-01-21, 08:57   Link #1091
Zankoku12

lol

But it's not like I'm trying to make Haruka look bad or anything.
The purpose of Haruka/Kanata route is about helping them understand each other and like Riki said in Haruka route, none of the twin is at fault here. They're just misunderstood each other.
Haruka thought Kanata treat her badly because Kanata is the heir and is better in everything.
Kanata,on the other hand thought Haruka is trying to overthrow her by causing trouble and Haruka's plan to find whose daddy is whose made the misunderstanding worsen.

There's no point judging who is better and who is worse,doing that will make you nothing more than those people who made the twin competed and hate each other.....is what I'm trying to say,I guess.

Both of them are all nice characters to me
Old 2013-01-21, 09:52   Link #1092
Mazyrian

...So there was spite in part of Haruka. My bad. Still I find it understandable.
I may have been idealizing her a bit. And I don't even like Haruka so much. But I do dislike Kanata. I don't find excusable Kanata's attempts to corner Haruka.
But it's true that as Randrak42 pointed out, we mainly got to know Haruka's PoV. A Kanata route of the same conflict could have been interesting.
...Or not. As it was, Kanata's route was different enough to be tolerable; I don't think I'd have liked ANOTHER Haruka's route.
Old 2013-01-21, 10:03   Link #1093
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well yea, it's what I've been saying since the start, neither of the two is better or worst than the other, their situation was just incredibly complicated. It just annoys me a little bit when people just blindly put Haruka on a pedestal above Kanata just because one is a main character and love interest while the other isn't.

I really cannot wait to play through Kanata's route, it's not that I'm a big Kanata or Haruka fan (Haruka was alright and Kanata's personality isn't the most appealing to me) but I just want to see her view on things for once (plus was never really interested in Sasami to begin with).
Old 2013-01-21, 10:17   Link #1094
Zankoku12

Well,I played Kanata route and there're almost no serious conflict between the twin like in Haruka's.
It's like a more gentle version to solve the twin problem with Haruka suddenly alot more friendly with Kanata and called her onee-chan(out of no where too,even I was shocked lol )

But I can't understand Japanese so I can't say if I'm 100% sure.

We get to play through Kanata's perceptive alot.That's the reason why her route is so long.
Kud scored alot of points in my list after I played Kanata's route too XD

But honestly,there wasn't much drama(or at least that what feel) in Kanata's route like in Haruka's so I prefer the later more.
Old 2013-01-21, 10:36   Link #1095
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
But honestly,there wasn't much drama(or at least that what feel) in Kanata's route like in Haruka's so I prefer the later more.
Cool for me then, I hate drama fueled stories.
Old 2013-01-21, 12:44   Link #1096
Kudryavka

It all make alot more sense to me now.
Old 2013-01-21, 21:08   Link #1097
novalysis

Could it be that we get in the Haruka version, in the dream world is an exaggerated version of reality? And Kanata's route offers another perspective of the same story, from Kanata's point of view?

How do the Ex routes actually work? How did Kanata get into the Dream World? I've read explanations for both Sasami's and Saya's presence, but what about Kanata?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 02:13   Link #1098
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Could it be that we get in the Haruka version, in the dream world is an exaggerated version of reality? And Kanata's route offers another perspective of the same story, from Kanata's point of view?

How do the Ex routes actually work? How did Kanata get into the Dream World? I've read explanations for both Sasami's and Saya's presence, but what about Kanata?
iirc everyone in the dream world except Saya, Rin, Riki, and the boys are not actually there, they are just memories (it actually might be just Rin, Riki and Saya).
Spoiler for if you didnt finish refrain:
Old 2013-01-22, 07:41   Link #1099
Mazyrian

Pretty sure the heroines are there (they're the light spheres you see when starting a route)
Old 2013-01-22, 07:51   Link #1100
Kudryavka

Quote:
Pretty sure the heroines are there (they're the light spheres you see when starting a route)
I think they just donated their power for the cause, but theyre not actually there past that. Theyre all dead.

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel