AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 14:56   Link #741
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Regarding inconsistencies between original series and AO...

I think it's pretty obvious that, whatever it happened in E7 end, this time we're in our near future Earth. I mean, maybe it's another univerese different from the original to E7, but It's in our future, somehow. Tecnology is pretty much the same as ours, but a few seconds into the future and with FP-trapar tecnology first stages developed: it can run a "car" but not a commercial jumbo airplane. And we know photographs weren't an usual thing in 1940 thanks to a 2nd episode comment. And on top of that, the military clothes look like actual current ones, same goes for military weapons and so on. The different style is associated with trapar tecnology and iFO.

I think we will know for sure in a dozen of episodes, so we must be patient.

(In short: we time travel now)
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 14:57   Link #742
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am very impressed by Gazelle in this episode. He's the man.

The sequel has everything that I want so far, but I do wish Renton will make his appearance soon (if he ever appears, that is).

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 15:26   Link #743
aardvark

Dumb Elena moment aside, I really liked this episode again, though not as great as last two.

Ao is becoming a great character, and Gazelle is shaping up to be a really great and inspiring character as well. Hid personality and outlook really remind me of Holland by the end of the original series.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 16:42   Link #744
SQA

Well, I think we now know why the Series Composition/head writer is using a Pen Name. This series is going head long into one of the single few topics Anime writers will always eschew: Japanese Xenophobia. I don't think we'll spend too much time on it, as it seems we'll be transitioning to the World Story after this arc, but it's going to be the reason that Ao leaves the island. There's also a new/old generation angle to it as well.

It's also nice to see one of the great hallmarks of the first series back. These characters have conviction and depth to their conviction. It might be ugly and misguided conviction, but they have it and they act on it. And Gazelle and Company with a serious Moment of Awesome there. Lecture from on top of a flying car. It's interesting how much he actually is like his own father, just with a different set of convictions.

They really need to write a side story universe where Eureka doesn't have to go through hell. We're on our 3rd version of her, and I think this one might be in line for the worst treatment of the 3. And that's saying something.

I'm really curious about the flight suit she was in when landing outside of Okinawa. Was that ever used in any of the previous Eureka 7 works? Off the top of my head, I don't think so. So, while this will tie in with one of the previous two works, how is still a massive open question. Though I'm probably in the camp that this is in the time before the TV Series, the 12k+ years earlier. Making this an alt-future Earth, from present time. (Which would mean Eureka would have dropped onto Okinawa in 2012, go figure!)

Lastly, it was really nice to see an aged Eureka with a smile. After all of the hell her incarnations have gone through, even the little, happy moments are nice to see.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 16:56   Link #745
ReddyRedWolf

The G-Monster is a giant Ref Board?

Spoiler for Ref Board G-Monster?:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:13   Link #746
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, I might actually like this series. I'm sure fans of the original might be a little bothered at what happened to Eureka after everything she went through in the prequel. Honestly, the only thing I care about concerning her is that her brown hair is more attractive than her turquoise one.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:40   Link #747
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Okay, I might actually like this series. I'm sure fans of the original might be a little bothered at what happened to Eureka after everything she went through in the prequel. Honestly, the only thing I care about concerning her is that her brown hair is more attractive than her turquoise one.
Original series fans aren't bothered, we're just confused how this is a sequel. It's good, but this more like the Movie, so an alt-story, rather than a sequel at the moment. It's still damn good, though.
Old 2012-04-27, 18:52   Link #748
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why was Eureka dropping from the sky in the first place?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:48   Link #749
Laevatein

"It's got some parts from the Americans and French."
"So it's fat, surrenders at the first opportunity, and has bad teeth?"

And points against Fleur for naming her IFO "Allelujah". I really hated him.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:58   Link #750
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

anyone seen Eureka 7 AO episode zero? it said to be a summary of the first series
Spoiler:

so ye it looks like Eureka AO is an alternative universe or a parallel universe lol

its still confusing at this point gonna watch Eureka AO until the end to see if this is really a sequel or just a spin-off

P.S. this special episode (episode 0) is subbed by Hadena it must be why people have not bothered watching it yet? lol the subs is not a disaster this time though
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:09   Link #751
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why was Eureka dropping from the sky in the first place?
Possible she from the future.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:16   Link #752
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think I missed it, when do they say that the Mark I isn't the Nirvash??
"The girl with torquise hair called this mecha Nirvash".
Why would Eureka call Nirvash something else?
Gazelle explains that it was built by the Japanese with help from the Americans and the French. None of those even existed when the first Nirvash was made. Ergo, not the same Nirvash, but an imitation.
Old 2012-04-27, 20:57   Link #753
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Though in the flashback Fukai saw Eureka fly in the same Nirvash. That's why the key also remembered Ao in his flashback. So its the same Nirvash Eureka piloted in this series.
Old 2012-04-27, 22:55   Link #754
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
anyone seen Eureka 7 AO episode zero? it said to be a summary of the first series
Spoiler:
You're reffering to New Order which is completely non-canon and was only a recap made for a stage show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
so ye it looks like Eureka AO is an alternative universe or a parallel universe lol

its still confusing at this point gonna watch Eureka AO until the end to see if this is really a sequel or just a spin-off
Spoiler:
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:55   Link #755
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Though in the flashback Fukai saw Eureka fly in the same Nirvash. That's why the key also remembered Ao in his flashback. So its the same Nirvash Eureka piloted in this series.
Even if it's the same Nirvash Eureka piloted in this series, it doesn't mean it's the first from the previous one. This one doesn't bleed, as has been noted. There's also no logical reason why they'd change the paint.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:36   Link #756
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Even if it's the same Nirvash Eureka piloted in this series, it doesn't mean it's the first from the previous one. This one doesn't bleed, as has been noted. There's also no logical reason why they'd change the paint.
There's also the point that Eureka is several years old than she was at the end of the TV series. Which means it's a different Nirvash, since that one is kind of the new Scub Coral core. And it also looks different.

I still have a hunch this is actually some sequel to the Movie. So we have parallel on parallel universes, haha.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:46   Link #757
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Possible she from the future.
Time loop?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 00:46   Link #758
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Time loop?
The likely scenario is that Mama Eureka isn't TV Series Eureka. Past that, your guess is as good as anyone else. Pretty much every interpretation is on the table. But it's either time travel, 1000s of years or some alt-world. Otherwise its at least 100+ years since the original series.
Old 2012-04-28, 00:52   Link #759
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
You're reffering to New Order which is completely non-canon and was only a recap made for a stage show.
non-canon you mean its not official? im dumb about the proper usage of the word canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Spoiler:
so what are you implying here? that Astral Ocean is like a spin-off or just parallel universe kind of story?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 00:57   Link #760
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I am very impressed by Gazelle in this episode. He's the man.
More like AO is, in my eyes. Actually, in this third episode, AO's words have struck me: "I'll never put myself into a position where I must say "sorry" to children. So, I'll fight."

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-04-28 at 01:27. Reason: Best to keep the focus on the show.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen