AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 19:49   Link #1
utadaisnumber1

Utada-Exodus

How many are going to buy her CD. I am counting down the days till it drops on 10/15/04. I love easy and devil from her site utada.com. Has any of her other songs been heard, from the album that is. What you guys think?
utadaisnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 20:01   Link #2
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
i'm gonna buy it! i already heard some songs of it and i love UTADA!!!! ne wways i have all her cds and posters and concerts and anythin u name i got...lol...but really i love sooooo MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
full_metal_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 00:40   Link #3
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Isn't it already out? CD Japan released it 9/08. Seriously though guys, listen to the samples before you try buying it. I was really dissapointed. The background music was atrocious in some of the songs...almost sounded like a midi playing *shivers* The lyrics weren't that great either T_T
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 20:01   Link #4
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

i still want it anyway -_-...
Old 2004-09-16, 07:45   Link #5
j1m0ne

Yeah, the lyrics were mediocre at best....... and I can't force myself to like any of the songs on the album; the melodies grate on my nerves and the beats are old and boring. Granted it's a different target audience this time around, but exodus pales in comparison to her Japanese language albums....... I won't be getting this one.
Old 2004-09-16, 16:52   Link #6
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
kinda dissapointed me. heard the whole album, even if i don't like it that much. i am still gonna get it when it comes out here in Canada. just to support my Hikki. I wish she would do her Japanese stuff again though. she was a goddess of JPop...she should go back and rule the charts .
anime_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:27   Link #7
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

hmmm......isn't it out in Canada yet?
Old 2004-09-17, 00:21   Link #8
odin

Thought it was ok at first, but now I don't really like it at all. I think she is over-singing and trying way to hard to be different. Agree about the mediocre lyrics and some of them are like wtf?
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 00:33   Link #9
Grona
Big Damit!

Have most of her others, so its already ordered
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 00:52   Link #10
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

bought the Japanese Release... mediocre @ best... couple of songs are decent... but some gets u thinking.... WTF?!?!?

shes trying way too hard to be different...
ZhouYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 03:14   Link #11
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
You guys will find this rather interesting. On oricon *japanese ranking* "Exodus" is #2 on the daily top 20 chart. On the top 30 weekly chart its number 1! This will kill you guys esp....they estimate she'll sell 523,761 copies of it!!!! Since its Oricon, I doubt that includes what they think Exodus will sell in the US. Geez, that estimate seems way too high though...esp. when you think about what a down let the CD is. It's gonna be very interesting to watch her sales on this CD.
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 09:07   Link #12
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
I've resisted urges to d/l her album early, probably because the hype died off to me and I don't care anymore. >.> (I am known about overhyping things when I really like them at the moment so... :guilty

I (still) think it will still sell more here. Most people who don't like it seem to adore her Japanese stuff. But America has never heard her Japanese stuff. So they don't know what gold she is capable of producing. :lol:

But now that I've seen perf. of Exodus 04... is it me or does it sound like an english version of a Japanese song... like... it's a Japanese song and her actual lyrics are just the translation? I still can't believe she reused 'worry' in the chorus and made no difference between her mother and father. I'm sure in the context one would've tried to stop her from leaving. >.> Then again, I'm dancing for joy at not hearing a 'pop' song that doesn't involve sex. But at least they're going for something. Rock is full of a bunch of pansies... and once again I go offtopic....

I still like devil inside though. But only when dancing. Which is good, I suppose. How's this for an ultra lame pickup line? - "Wanna see the devil inside?"

But I'm more of a fan of Deep River and Dareka... Hikki than I am this American Hikki. Mes likes dees 'deep and thoughtful' lyrics!

/half asleep when writing this
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 10:10   Link #13
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

hmmm...i'll have to agree that some songs u think in ur head "WTF??" but it's ok not good or bad but ok....i'm dissapointed actualy but i'm still gonna support her all the way! =D
Old 2004-09-19, 20:32   Link #14
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
Ok, Hikki, you're Japanese. We get it; no need to mention your heritage in practically every single track on the damn CD.

Anyhoo, I was disappointed (and annoyed) after listening to Exodus. I'm sticking to her Japanese albums, and that is all I really have to say about this nightmare.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 04:32   Link #15
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I bought it...Downloaded it before it was released so most of the songs grew on me. Like i mentioned above, I guess I gotten used to it so I enjoy most of the songs on the album except for a couple of them. Its nice to be able to listen to hikki's songs in english now cuz I ain't Japanese so I can't really say anything about the lyrics in her Japanese songs even tho if I've been listening to her songs from '98 as I recall.

Yea I agree to that she's trying to hard to either be different or telling us, she's Japanese.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote