AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 02:27   Link #141
gonzo562

raws are out just need the subbed version now.

Really looking forward to this anime
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 02:42   Link #142
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Hmm... has any group picked this up for fansubbing?
Two groups that I know of, "Mamiko" and "Frostii" will be subbing this.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 03:24   Link #143
Fuze

OMG! Chara is still around? I remember listening to her in the early 90's. She must be close to 40+ years old now. Good to hear her unique, unchanged voice. The OP song reminds me of Spitz, especially the vocals. I love both songs already.

What can I NOT say about Kimi Ni Todoke? It seems to have everything covered in spades. In this season of fan service and sequels, here comes Kimi ni Todoke to the rescue!! ....I should probably settle down before I jinx any future episodes.

Do you think it's okay to shorten the name to KimiDoke, or does that sound weird?
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 03:28   Link #144
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
Do you think it's okay to shorten the name to KimiDoke, or does that sound weird?
It does sound really weird, though that's mainly because i've been calling it the full title since the beginning.
Old 2009-10-07, 03:46   Link #145
McMilk
*Artist

Just watched the raw, and I totally agree with the episode being a bit too rushed, but I still really liked it because of the art (zomg the water colored backgrounds and the ED's art) and how well they were able to cover the stuff... oh I also love the cast, I thought at first Namikawa Daisuke was going to use Fai's voice from Tsubasa's voice. And of course... Noto Mamiko did a good job voicing Sawako.
Old 2009-10-07, 04:33   Link #146
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I'd happily marry Noto Mamiko, but she sounds too old for this role, I think. Or in a way, too sublime? I'd prefer Hayami Saori, who has some of the same elements in her voice, but sounds more youthful and, er, imperfect
I would've definitely preferred Hayami Saori to Noto Mamiko, I was thinking I.G was going to go with her since they used her in Eden but oh well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 07:48   Link #147
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
The commonly accepted version of the shortened name is KimiTodo (it's even been used in interviews with Noto and Namikawa, among others), so you should probably use that one.

I've been rewatching the episode, of course, and...

Spoiler for Episode 01:
Old 2009-10-07, 07:53   Link #148
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I've seen the raw and I agree that it seemed rushed but . . . I was still very pleased~
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 10:03   Link #149
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I was wondering because I couldn't find news of any group picking it up, which at that time was rather depressing because this was initially the only must watch show on my Autumn 2009 pile, which changed after Kobato made it into my must watch list and Sasameki Koto being licensed by CR means I'll may never be able to actually see it properly (my regional IPs are blocked).

Nice to know some group's are picking it up, specifically Frostii. They do some pretty good work.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 10:40   Link #150
arkxkra
全力全開

love the seiyuu, especially Sawako voice.

and love this anime style ^^. Lucky to have this anime in this season.
Old 2009-10-07, 13:23   Link #151
ElizLestrad

Anyone else have issues playing the raw from Zero? The so-called "mp4" version I downloaded from Megaupload doesn't seem to want to play and I've determined that its not a codec issue because every other mp4/mkv you name it plays properly, and the file plays properly in the video converter program I use.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:24   Link #152
nanafan
horo fan

just watched the raw...can't wait for the subs...it's so cute the animation is great.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:56   Link #153
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Ah, I've been looking forward to trying this. If the initial watch is any indication then this should be a series worth watching long term. Note, I speak as someone who has not read any of the manga. In any case, I've got to love the female lead herself. I highly approve of her.
Old 2009-10-07, 23:17   Link #154
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Subs are out, gentlemen.

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=89619
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 00:10   Link #155
Strange
Incoherent at best.

I have no idea what this is, but I heard that it was by Production I.G. and the premise seems intriguing.

edit: holy... it's excellent!

Last edited by Strange; 2009-10-08 at 01:38.
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 02:45   Link #156
StrawHatLuffy23

Best show I've seen this year. The first episode had me smiling almost the whole time cept for one part, but then it turned around and made me smile again . love this show
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:02   Link #157
Clarste
Human

There was like... negative drama in that episode. Shy girl gets the guy, everyone's supportive including the classmates who unknowingly ostracized her, and basically nothing the slightest bit bad happens. Something's got to fold in the future.

On one hand, that'd be a good thing because I honestly can't see the point in watching if it goes on like this. On the other hand, I'll hate it when it happens, because it's just not pleasant seeing bad things happen to nice people. Quite a dilemma.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:39   Link #158
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
There was like... negative drama in that episode. Shy girl gets the guy, everyone's supportive including the classmates who unknowingly ostracized her, and basically nothing the slightest bit bad happens. Something's got to fold in the future.
Does the fact that it's the first episode not mean anything to you?

& she didn't really 'get the guy' did she? Far from it.
Old 2009-10-08, 03:41   Link #159
Clarste
Human

It meant lots of things to me. Mostly, the fact that she "won" against all her difficulties so early on means that she's got a living hell awaiting her in the future. Otherwise there isn't much more story to tell.

Edit: Oh wait, she didn't get the guy? That sucks. I think I've lost all interest just from that.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:45   Link #160
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Oh wait, she didn't get the guy? That sucks. I think I've lost all interest just from that.
At no point in the first episode was it said, or made clear that "she got him", so i don't know what made you jump to that conclusion in the first place.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo