AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-11, 19:37   Link #961
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
So when did Witch Craft Works switch to being a monthly manga? Or did it not and I'm just mistaken?

From what I understand there will be (possibly) 4 or 5 chapters left after the end of the anime, which is obviously nowhere near what would be needed for another season. That probably means that the OVA will be an extra/fanservice thing and we might see a second season a few years from now.
It didn't, it's always been monthly just the translations were a little behind is all.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 19:53   Link #962
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

"That was just a regular flying knee."

So Ayaka already went through her Haki training, eh? It shows.
Old 2014-03-11, 21:10   Link #963
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, Ayaka and Kazane are like fighter type witches when you think about it, or at least trained to fight like one. Kazane wasn't messing around.

In other news, Tanpopo did something cool in this episode!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 03:15   Link #964
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
It changed when the magazine it ran in, Kodansha's Good! Afternoon (good! アフタヌーン) switched from a bimonthly schedule to a monthly one. I believe it was the 25th issue.
Yay!

Quote:
That's also the reason why chapter page counts dropped from 40+ down to 20.
...oh.

Well, at least total page number count doesn't indicate quality. We still get roughly the same amount of pages, just a little each month instead of a bigger chunk every other month.

I wonder how that would affect/has affected the planning of events? It'll probably just mean that each "event" will feel longer since there will be more breaks in the action to facilitate the lower page count.

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot. Since I'm talking about the manga here I'll stop and just go over to that thread if I have any further thoughts.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 11:10   Link #965
Razdent

Quote:
On another note, curious what's now this seasons best selling animu folks?

***,140位/***,136位 ★ (**3,907 pt) [*,*51予約] 2014/03/26 Witchcraft Works 1 [Blu-ray]
***,231位/***,220位 ★ (**3,902 pt) [*,*15予約] 2014/03/19 Chuuni 2 (1) [Blu-ray]
***,*54位/***,*54位 ★ (**3,561 pt) [*,105予約] 2014/03/19 Mikakunin vol.1 [Blu-ray
What, really? That's actually amazing to see it take the top spot. Maybe we really will see a second season down the road.
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 11:19   Link #966
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm View Post
What, really? That's actually amazing to see it take the top spot. Maybe we really will see a second season down the road.
Actually everything will sell like shit in this winter. Nothing will beat 10k barrier. Not even Mikakunin which is leading on preorder list.
Old 2014-03-12, 12:48   Link #967
Razdent

Well, knowing that everything is selling so low, to me that points more towards people buying it later rather than pre-ordering. My interpretation could be too optimistic but even if I am wrong, in retrospect, it's not like great selling series get a guaranteed second season anyway. Meh.
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 19:10   Link #968
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
He was kinda fun in a squirrelly, off-your-meds sorta way

On another note, curious what's now this seasons best selling animu folks?

***,140位/***,136位 ★ (**3,907 pt) [*,*51予約] 2014/03/26 Witchcraft Works 1 [Blu-ray]
***,231位/***,220位 ★ (**3,902 pt) [*,*15予約] 2014/03/19 Chuuni 2 (1) [Blu-ray]
***,*54位/***,*54位 ★ (**3,561 pt) [*,105予約] 2014/03/19 Mikakunin vol.1 [Blu-ray
Glad to see this series doing well.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Kagari is a lot like Sakaki from Azumanga?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 20:59   Link #969
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Glad to see this series doing well.
Hoping this will have a maoyuu effect (let's the clone stampede begin).

Quote:
Btw, am I the only one who thinks Kagari is a lot like Sakaki from Azumanga?
They both are strong, tall and dark haired; but IMO the similarities end there. Sakaki longs to be cute, Kagari longs to be strong, stronger even so she can protect Honoka from bigger monsters (i.e. any witch of the end); so in a sense she can only become cooler (which is the opposite of cute).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 00:24   Link #970
HandofFate

Episode 10 is the climax I guess.
Liked that the 5 Tower Witches actually are doing something.
I've lost track of the workshop witches we been introduced to, don't remember any of their names.

Events are kind of jumping so fast, its kind of hard to follow.
Like the bomb part, and Honoka making a contract with the town, I didn't feel any tension at all.
Its just Kagari: "Honoka, make a contract with the town" "Ok" and he just does it with no struggle or even a hint of it.
Old 2014-03-13, 06:12   Link #971
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm View Post
Well, knowing that everything is selling so low, to me that points more towards people buying it later rather than pre-ordering. My interpretation could be too optimistic but even if I am wrong, in retrospect, it's not like great selling series get a guaranteed second season anyway. Meh.
It's expensive to live in Japan, let alone have a hobby like this. Buying physical copies of anime in Japan is not even remotely cheap, and of course there's all the other merchandise a fan would want as well (games, posters, figures, soundtracks, collectors items, limited runs, first prints, etc.).

Basically, they have to be picky even when they have a good amount of disposable income. It's not like the US where you can buy an entire season of something for less than 50 dollars, and merchandise is equally cheap (minus imports of course). I say cheap, but I mean in comparison. Any hobby can be expensive once you get into it.

WCW won't get a second season even if it had massive sales, however. There's just not enough source material for more adaptation. At best they might commission an extended episode or movie based on the material which may or may not be canon.

That's the downside of monthly (or longer) release manga, and it's the same problem I tried to explain in the Attack on Titan forums to help mitigate the "omg can't wait for second season" hype.
Old 2014-03-13, 13:32   Link #972
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's expensive to live in Japan, let alone have a hobby like this. Buying physical copies of anime in Japan is not even remotely cheap, and of course there's all the other merchandise a fan would want as well (games, posters, figures, soundtracks, collectors items, limited runs, first prints, etc.).
I would say that software (games, anime, music) in Japan is too expensive, with a population 1/2 of the USA and similar economies, IMO japanese consumers would buy more if the prices were lower; the reverse also applies, only USA die hard fans would buy a blu-ray disc for 60+ dollars that included 4- episodes of a TV series.

Quote:
That's the downside of monthly (or longer) release manga, and it's the same problem I tried to explain in the Attack on Titan forums to help mitigate the "omg can't wait for second season" hype.
That is the other elephant in the room that people forget about, as times goes by it is quite evident that japan is making adaption of mangas, light novels and video games faster than new hits appear on the market, which is good since WCW would not have been animated a decade ago, but this is also IMO the real reason why so many series have lackluster sales, even when the animation quality is good (or even superb) the plot in many of this series is average (or less) so people are not excited enough to buy them.
Down the road this will get worst, with many average series getting animated and producing limited sales only a few gold pebbles will be produced and anime companies will either reduce the number of series or (if productions costs go lower thanks to 3D computer models) we will get 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) seasons of series we thought were forgotten.
Old 2014-03-13, 14:43   Link #973
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Down the road this will get worst, with many average series getting animated and producing limited sales only a few gold pebbles will be produced and anime companies will either reduce the number of series or (if productions costs go lower thanks to 3D computer models) we will get 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) seasons of series we thought were forgotten.
They're trying to change that. Lately, many anime original works have been developed, so producers are well aware of the problem. Nevertheless, those projects are risky, and it's hard to get over decades of dependence on the publishing industry (in terms of financing, marketing, and concept/scenario development).

The manga companies are also looking to reduce reliance on anime, which is pressuring producers to act even faster.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 15:44   Link #974
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
They're trying to change that. Lately, many anime original works have been developed, so producers are well aware of the problem. Nevertheless, those projects are risky, and it's hard to get over decades of dependence on the publishing industry (in terms of financing, marketing, and concept/scenario development).

The manga companies are also looking to reduce reliance on anime, which is pressuring producers to act even faster.
The problem with those projects (unlike other already produced media) is that is hard to gauge how popular the plot and other elements will be and it is more easy to go into the temptation of "let's add a loli, or incest, or fanservice".

Whats keeps surprising me is how little fanservice WCW has, boob jiggling has been kept to a minimum, I feared the studio might pull a Rosario+Vampire level of facepamfanservice but I think it is safe to say they will not.
Old 2014-03-13, 19:50   Link #975
Miraluka
Banned

Wait, is this series on sales already or not? Well or bad?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 20:45   Link #976
Iron Maw
Banned

Not yet.

The numbers up there are just preorder points and ranks. WCW doesn't go on sale until about two weeks.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 22:17   Link #977
Birdway
Banned

And those preorder points means...?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 19:28   Link #978
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Best Girls; The Animation continues apace. In this episode anime viewers will get an idea of just why mango readers love Milfdusa so very much.
Today's three MVP's below.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ayaka in that form always reminds me of Evermillion.

I love how the quality of the character designs remain consistent and on top. I haven't spotted a noticeable bad one since the start of the show. Props to the anime's character designer.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 19:52   Link #979
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Ayaka in that form always reminds me of Evermillion.
I think that's due to her connection with Honoka. Her invincibility and larger pool of magical power come from him, and thus from Evermillion.

Compare this during that short time she was linked with Medusa. Ayaka acquired a form that was similar to Medusa and had their magic power combined, but as noted by Kazane, Ayaka lost her access to Evermillion's power as a result... because Evermillion abhors 'impure' things.

It still makes me wonder however. I speculated once before that maybe the connection is much more direct, like perhaps Ayaka is a part of Evermillion herself which explains some otherwordly and quirky characteristics of hers. (i.e., her 'strange' shadow during one flashback; or her very stoic, almost non-responsive nature when she was much younger.) Totally missing the mark probably, but there's little to go on with the pace the anime and manga are on right now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 20:01   Link #980
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It still makes me wonder however. I speculated once before that maybe the connection is much more direct, like perhaps Ayaka is a part of Evermillion herself which explains some otherwordly and quirky characteristics of hers. (i.e., her 'strange' shadow during one flashback; or her very stoic, almost non-responsive nature when she was much younger.) Totally missing the mark probably, but there's little to go on with the pace the anime and manga are on right now.
Wow, that...totally makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if that's revealed to be the case in the future. I'd want her to be able to remain Ayaka though so she could have a happy life with Honoka.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, witches