AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-08, 14:22   Link #1701
Justin_Brett

I like how Touma is ruminating more on that incident here than in his own damn series.

Kinda misrepresenting it, too.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:27   Link #1702
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I like how Touma is ruminating more on that incident here than in his own damn series.

Not really, if anything, his interaction here gives good lamshades of his future developement in the Force manga. We get to know more about his internal struggles, his relationship with Hayate, Signum, einhart and other characters as also some insight in his experience as a Zero Driver which culiminates in his confrontation of system U-D

Also kind of like Tohma's out going determination, he knows how being out of control feels and the boy reassures Yuri that he and Lily have the power to STOP her! Reminds me of the time when he threatened Fortis and Stella in order to save the assault team. Tohma can be bossy when he feels like it xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:32   Link #1703
Justin_Brett

It's still pretty bad when the first person he confides with about it seriously is someone who has not and will not appear in Force.
Old 2012-01-08, 14:38   Link #1704
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
It's still pretty bad when the first person he confides with about it seriously is someone who has not and will not appear in Force.
As a consolation prize, Tohma still remembers and values his experience with the Force cast(Huckebein included, mind you xDU) and it's nice to have him confronted with a situation similar to his's so he can be identified and be more open to the players and the fandom about his personality.

But well, part of this came because i think Tohma is a pretty decent character who only got victim of porrly tratement on his own source manga xDU. This game at least proves that he can be a pretty cool character with the correct management.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:22   Link #1705
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

So, what, you want him to emo out every five seconds? He's still not okay with it in Force, as chapter 17 shows, and I honestly have no idea what they're saying in the following chapters since they're not translated yet. Given that Yuri is in a similar situation as him, it's obvious he can relate to her.

I mean, the only other person who could possibly relate to Yuri is Reinforce herself, but since she has the ever-positive Hayate, Thoma... oh why do I even bother. It's Force, it can never do anything right to you.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-01-08 at 15:55.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:54   Link #1706
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Was UD aware of things happening around the Book of Darkness despite being sealed?

Klaus Ingvalt and Olivie Segbrecht were born WAAAAY after the Book of Darkness was created, let alone the Unbreakable Darkness.

Though, if the Book had run across those two old kings, that means the Wolkenritter probably met Vivio and Einhart's predecessors personally. Perhaps even exchanged blows with them.
Quite possible. Though I haven't seen or heard that scene myself, from Aaron's summary of the Sequence, U-D did seem to have met their ancestors...maybe not directly, but through the Book of Darkness.

It was, after all, going on an endless cycle of destruction before ending in Hayate's hands.

Also, the diagram is nice, but it might have one or two more steps between the first ones.

And yeah, Thoma in this last Sequence was at his best
Old 2012-01-08, 17:12   Link #1707
Justin_Brett

Quote:
oh why do I even bother. It's Force, it can never do anything right to you.
Well, I'm not bothering to reply either, then, if you're going to play that card.

If Force did something good, I'd say so. It just hasn't in a while.
Old 2012-01-08, 20:48   Link #1708
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
But... it's a perfectly logical character situation for him. And most of Force, last I checked, is still a bit slow to be properly translated. Even if it is appearing here first, it's about as perfect a situation for him to talk about it, given that their situations mirror each other so well.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 22:32   Link #1709
Justin_Brett

Him doing it here to begin with isn't what I have a problem with.

And regardless if the scanlations are that far, we have received general translations of the chapters, and I've read the raw scans. There's nothing to suggest he's thought too deeply about it...that they felt the need to show us. There is that time skip of a couple months they just did - he certainly thought a lot about the Huckebein off-screen.
Old 2012-01-09, 03:06   Link #1710
rxrx

Well, he is physically one of them so you can blame him. But I have to agree that his comic did not do him justice and it is funny that the game flash out Touma's personality better than the comic.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:13   Link #1711
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Well, he is physically one of them so you can blame him. But I have to agree that his comic did not do him justice and it is funny that the game flash out Touma's personality better than the comic.
Considering that the game made Yuuno more awesome, gave Reinforce more development than A's did, showed us Shamal's combat ability and gave Hayate more combat ability than she had in canon...

Is it any surprise?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:20   Link #1712
rxrx

Quote:
Is it any surprise?
Not really. However, the people you've list out are supporting stuff while Touma is suppose to be the main character and he is badly developed in his own comic. God, reminds me of the crap SEED Destiny.
Old 2012-01-09, 03:23   Link #1713
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Not really. However, the people you've list out are supporting stuff while Touma is suppose to be the main character and he is badly developed in his own comic. God, reminds me of the crap SEED Destiny.
Personally, I blame the fanbase.

The sheer uproar about Touma being a guy and the main character of Force is probably what caused a lot of the problems with his development so far.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:28   Link #1714
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

I'm actually curious now.

What's wrong with Thoma in Force? Granted I only have read the scanlated chapters, but I haven't seen any blatant flaws.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:31   Link #1715
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sounds to me like a lot of people are assuming they know Touma's personality based on simple summaries and not the chapters themselves, as we're so far behind with the translations.

That said, most people are just upset he's sympathetic towards the Huckebeins, which is apparently a huge no-no.
Old 2012-01-09, 03:36   Link #1716
rxrx

Quote:
That said, most people are just upset he's sympathetic towards the Huckebeins, which is apparently a huge no-no.
Exactly. I find it double standards as Nanoha was sympathathic to Fate and the two are in turn sympathathic to the Wolken. Despite the circumstances, what they are doing is wrong and the Hukes' don't really have much of a choice either. It is do or die and not everyone will make the 'screw me' decision of Touma. Sure tha attitude is a problem but they will be seriously mess up if they do not think that way.

At least Touma is shown that he learnt from this experience and open his eyes to more standpoints and he actively tries to help others in his situation. I think he and Diarche are the only one whom managed to shake U-D's resolve.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:31   Link #1717
Aaron008R

I'm just gonna post the 2nd part of Sequence 11... Too... Sleepy...

Sequence 11: Part 1

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence 11: Part 2

Spoiler for Sequence 11: Part 2:

Whew! That ends the main story of The Gears of Destiny. What's left is the epilogue, Sequence X. And of course, I'll be making some more updates to past chapters as well as a general info and comments posts. :3

Spoiler for Things to prepare for in Sequence X:

P.S. I am now dreaming for a game called WILD ARMS: CODE ELTRIA. I don't care how. Somebody FUND IT.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-11 at 07:44.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:50   Link #1718
rxrx

Once again, thanks for the translation. A few things, Lily request the book to aid recovery by asoorbing mana particles in the atmosphere. Then, the Crew of the Purple Sky are all very willing in aiding the restoration, not just Yuri but so is Diarche, Levi and Stern. The planet is still dying but showing signs of recovery and finally Touma's part about why Su-chan will not bail his butt out is because he brought trouble to himself for wrecking the training equipment.

Great job man and I'm disappointed that the old western style clothings the twins are wearing in the cg in front of their dad's grave is not avalible for select. It has a great Wild Arms feel. I agree strongly with you that Sequence X is deadly as it kills people by showing how cute Yuri is. Looking foward to it man.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:56   Link #1719
Aaron008R

All noted and duly updated for the review. Thanks for the corrections. =3

Well, I'll hit the sack now. Goodnight people...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 09:07   Link #1720
rxrx

Good night man. Sorry about this, but I forget to add that Stern actually creates a new system to purify water.