AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 23:44   Link #4441
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Chapter is out.

Pretty nice to see Hiroe and Choe try and do the logical thing and knock out Yuan. Also happy to see Hisa get excited about the challenge that presents itself in defending her and taking on the leaders.
Well, I was frustrated. Essentially all we saw was Nelly flexing her "mad powahz" and such. I mean, that's all well and good - I have been interested in Nelly ever since first stumbling across her in the Saki anime's early eps (the combo of a creature of the flow and nekomimi is a win combo for me). But still....
Old 2014-01-10, 08:28   Link #4442
Peanutbutter

I believe that's a mistranslation. Nelly said she 'wants' money.

Basically, they're setting her up a 'Money is everything' chara.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 10:32   Link #4443
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I believe that's a mistranslation. Nelly said she 'wants' money.

Basically, they're setting her up a 'Money is everything' chara.
That makes so much more sense, thanks!

Yuan doesn't look too concerned about her situation. She could possibly not be aware of it, or maybe it might turn out that she won't need too much of Hisa's assistance.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 10:55   Link #4444
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
That makes so much more sense, thanks!

Yuan doesn't look too concerned about her situation. She could possibly not be aware of it, or maybe it might turn out that she won't need too much of Hisa's assistance.
Indeed it does, and have to say I never expected Nelly to have such a simple motivation.

This means that we could be seeing a final match fought for God, love, family and money. The hype just keeps growing.

Maybe Yuan just thinks its God's will.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 11:46   Link #4445
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Indeed it does, and have to say I never expected Nelly to have such a simple motivation.
I kind of like it Nice to have a character like that finally. No family reunion story, no muddied drama that will take another 40 chapters to explain. The girl just wants to crush people at the table for cash.

Now as I say that, I bet it will turn out to be something like "I just need the money to save my crummy family" etc.
Old 2014-01-10, 20:04   Link #4446
King-Slayer

Seems that they have released a new version correcting the mistake with Nelly.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 20:17   Link #4447
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I kind of like it Nice to have a character like that finally. No family reunion story, no muddied drama that will take another 40 chapters to explain. The girl just wants to crush people at the table for cash.

Now as I say that, I bet it will turn out to be something like "I just need the money to save my crummy family" etc.
It's definetly a possibility, but wouldn't that mean Saki is in the way to genuinely destroy someone's life?
Old 2014-01-10, 21:28   Link #4448
Sol Falling

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no cash prize associated with winning the national tournament. What Rinkai's sponsors do is their own responsibility. There's no reason other schools should give up just because Rinkai is throwing money around.

I respect Nelly's supposed motivation, but winning the tournament should still be a thing about earning it with your own strength. There would be nothing wrong about Saki going all out against Nelly.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 21:44   Link #4449
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It's definetly a possibility, but wouldn't that mean Saki is in the way to genuinely destroy someone's life?
haha Well, depending on how the story unfolds, it might not be the first time for her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, there's no cash prize associated with winning the national tournament. What Rinkai's sponsors do is their own responsibility. There's no reason other schools should give up just because Rinkai is throwing money around.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering as well. I know they get a trophy and fame and all that, but cash in a school competition sounds a bit off. Maybe Alexandra tricked her and it was the only way to get Nelly aboard
Old 2014-01-10, 22:21   Link #4450
The Green One

It's probably that Rinkai's sponsor donate more generously to the school and it's programs if they gain fame and glory by dominating at the tournament.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 22:52   Link #4451
Azure_yo

Quote:
haha Well, depending on how the story unfolds, it might not be the first time for her...
He he Then i'll be waiting for The Dark Saki to unfold, ahhhh SAki paint the world with your darkness
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 12:28   Link #4452
Serperior

Anime just aired.

Megan is voiced by
Spoiler:

No, really. I'm not lying. I expected her to voice Suzu though.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 14:57   Link #4453
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Anime just aired.

Megan is voiced by
Spoiler:

No, really. I'm not lying. I expected her to voice Suzu though.
Really? That was her? Didn't notice at all. She should play foreigners speaking japanese more often.

Um, why is no one talking about the episode yet?

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Next, copycat time.

Also, the anime is really building up Hisa's breakdown. It's gonna be quite a sight.

On a happier note, Hisa...

Spoiler for Dumbest question ever:
Old 2014-01-12, 15:23   Link #4454
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Eisui being built up as the big boss team... Well, I suppose they are the seeded team. They didn't have much of an impact on me throughout the match (aside from the obvious players) but IIRC, they were up there in points most of the match and they have some of the craziest powers around.

I want to know where they book these hotels though. With hot springs and shrine-like atmosphere. In fact, even their waiting room in the tournament is a bit... Well, they have the low table and a wash room there, apparently. (I never could figure out if they were actually at the convention center given how different their rooms were from everyone else's.)

Megan's voice was ... more soft spoken than I had imagined. And she was more distressed at not being able to face Ryuumonbuchi as well. For some reason, I had imagined her as more Jun-like in attitude.

Training camp is training camp although it was nice to see it animated. They're really playing up Maho's power though, complete with others being able to sense her power.

Quote:
On a happier note, Hisa...

Spoiler for Dumbest question ever:
Kazekoshi's hotel room is on the same floor as Kiyosumi, but I think somewhere along the way, Mihoko and the rest just ended up moving in and sleeping in the same room as Kiyosumi.
Old 2014-01-12, 15:26   Link #4455
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Eisui being built up as the big boss team... Well, I suppose they are the seeded team. They didn't have much of an impact on me throughout the match (aside from the obvious players) but IIRC, they were up there in points most of the match and they have some of the craziest powers around.

I want to know where they book these hotels though. With hot springs and shrine-like atmosphere. In fact, even their waiting room in the tournament is a bit... Well, they have the low table and a wash room there, apparently. (I never could figure out if they were actually at the convention center given how different their rooms were from everyone else's.)...
They are indeed scary ... quite scary. And also crazy. -_-

That being said I always liked Eisui and was fascinated by the idea of Jindai - essentially a mystically inclined miko playing mahjong as a "channeler" for shinto deities. A weird combo to be sure.

And it also struck me that the shrine they all work for is extraordinarily wealthy and influential.
Old 2014-01-12, 15:50   Link #4456
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Unfortunately, they lacked personalities, which is a necessity to stand out in the Sakiverse. I have to admit the anime is helping a little with that. It certainly helped me appreciate Jindai's floating tube part more.

Quote:
Kazekoshi's hotel room is on the same floor as Kiyosumi, but I think somewhere along the way, Mihoko and the rest just ended up moving in and sleeping in the same room as Kiyosumi.
That's a perfectly acceptable answer. I'm still gonna assume that's Mihoko's uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
And it also struck me that the shrine they all work for is extraordinarily wealthy and influential.
When your family has branches, you're in a pretty wealthy family by default.
Old 2014-01-12, 19:14   Link #4457
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Also, the anime is really building up Hisa's breakdown. It's gonna be quite a sight.
Agree. *nods* They're really setting things up, even in just 2 episodes. She makes effort to train everyone, but forgot herself.

Lol at Eisui's entire team on the top in the OP. Another 'herring' in the making here. How long do we really get to see Jindai in her glory?

Chiaki Omigawd as Megan. No Keion-bu for me. Cold Touka was nicely done. Was there the play records in the manga? But the play records in the anime illustrate things nicely.

From the OP, I think this season will stop at the quarters. Maybe the semis and finals will be animated together in the near future.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 19:43   Link #4458
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Agree. *nods* They're really setting things up, even in just 2 episodes. She makes effort to train everyone, but forgot herself.
It's less a matter of training and more about peer pressure.

Speaking of Hisa, here's a nice visual summary of her current situation.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Cold Touka was nicely done. Was there the play records in the manga? But the play records in the anime illustrate things nicely.
Yes, the records were in the manga as well.
Old 2014-01-12, 20:35   Link #4459
raincrow

Quote:

Megan's voice was ... more soft spoken than I had imagined. And she was more distressed at not being able to face Ryuumonbuchi as well. For some reason, I had imagined her as more Jun-like in attitude.
Yeah, same here. I'll probably get used to it, but I don't feel that it fits her that well.

Quote:

Lol at Eisui's entire team on the top in the OP. Another 'herring' in the making here. How long do we really get to see Jindai in her glory?
Spoiler for That other school:
Old 2014-01-12, 20:39   Link #4460
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Spoiler for That other school:
Yeah, I noticed that too, every other team is getting built up, but Himematsu has been straight up absent until now.

Oh, those poor anime only viewers. If only they knew...

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri