Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
urgh my internet is so slow it took 1 minute to load 3 second of video x__x

What did Hayarin said in the anime?
Is that a question?

Well, it goes like this:

Manga
Announcer: What is your impression of the remaining schools?

Hayarin: To answer that I will tell you who I think will win. There is one while making their first appearance this inter-high that Hayari definitely wouldn't want to face... and that is Usuzan High*

End chapter comment: The next strong school is waiting in the semifinals, and what's more? They are expected to be fearsomely tough...

Anime

Announcer: Did any particular school make an impression on you?

Hayarin: I don't know about a favorite, but the team Hayari want to face the least is... Usuzan High that who was making their first appearance this year. ehe*

teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 05:07   Link #4802
eavein18

Yes that was a question ^^; (since I can't remember what hayarin said and my internet is too slow to load the episode)

hmmm the anime did lessen the monster team feels

probably so that anime watcher did not experience a second "Shiratodai"
(being all hyped up and then all but one turns out to be a disappointment)

If you notice it, the anime also edited Kyouko's "and given the chance, she sure like to make a show of it" to Saki when Saki dai min kan'ed her
(an attempt to make Kyouko more likeable perhaps?)
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 05:35   Link #4803
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
Yes that was a question ^^; (since I can't remember what hayarin said and my internet is too slow to load the episode)

hmmm the anime did lessen the monster team feels

probably so that anime watcher did not experience a second "Shiratodai"
(being all hyped up and then all but one turns out to be a disappointment)

If you notice it, the anime also edited Kyouko's "and given the chance, she sure like to make a show of it" to Saki when Saki dai min kan'ed her
(an attempt to make Kyouko more likeable perhaps?)
From what I know, not sure if it's true, the manga English fan translations are second handed translation from Chinese translation so there could be some inaccuracy. I treated anime as a more accurate version since it's a direct Jap-Eng translation.

Have you ever heard of Toki's power of three-army?

That was an example of how misleading a Jap-Cn-Eng can be. I think some Japanese terms and expressions aren't able to convey very well in Chinese terms and expressions so they've to made some alterations along the way resulting in some inaccuracy when translate to Eng.
Old 2014-04-02, 09:23   Link #4804
teja208
Critical fanboy

Not sure if we will be getting Usuzan VAs next episode, but I am sure we will hear Noyori-pro's voice based on the pv. Besides, her voice is needed for Shinohayu anime if they plan to launch it before covering semi of side B.
Old 2014-04-02, 09:43   Link #4805
Serperior

The raws for the next chapter is floating around and one particular line stands out

Spoiler:

I'm not posting images since everytime they always ends up dead here, but anyways, wow! Hiroe is more cuter here and guess what? No delay! Next two week is the next chapter!
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 10:05   Link #4806
The Green One

Spoiler for Question about next chapter, spoilered just in case.:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 10:50   Link #4807
kakarotlssj

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Spoiler for Question about next chapter, spoilered just in case.:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 12:41   Link #4808
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
The raws for the next chapter is floating around and one particular line stands out

Spoiler:

I'm not posting images since everytime they always ends up dead here, but anyways, wow! Hiroe is more cuter here and guess what? No delay! Next two week is the next chapter!
Well, it seems

Spoiler for Spoiler:

A little talk of bodily features

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 13:15   Link #4809
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just as a random side comment:

One thing that people have not commented much on is the fact that after Miyamori performance on side B it is now established that in Saki's universe having an extremely good coach is conducive to extremely fast improvement in skill for the coached team. People often complained about Achiga rise to highly competitive levels in the span of barely half a year, however Miyamori sans Toyone was pretty much in the same position before the arrival of their coach (doesn't get to practice much on competitive levels, one of the members didn't even know Mahjong when she started and went to become the #1 player in her country, etc.)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 17:49   Link #4810
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarotlssj View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for points:
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 18:56   Link #4811
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Spoiler for stuff:
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 19:01   Link #4812
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just as a random side comment:

One thing that people have not commented much on is the fact that after Miyamori performance on side B it is now established that in Saki's universe having an extremely good coach is conducive to extremely fast improvement in skill for the coached team. People often complained about Achiga rise to highly competitive levels in the span of barely half a year, however Miyamori sans Toyone was pretty much in the same position before the arrival of their coach (doesn't get to practice much on competitive levels, one of the members didn't even know Mahjong when she started and went to become the #1 player in her country, etc.)
I haven't seen much complaints in this respect. Kiyosumi itself came out of nowhere. And in any case, Harue isn't a good coach so much as a good scout. Makes sense given that Harue's in her first year as a coach and Toshi's more experienced. She's lucky she has a team that can arrange their own training regime and improve so much on its own.

(Upon review, the original training with Ryuumonbuchi is just so funny. Shizu powered past it on her own, but Harue didn't expect her to do so. Apparently, Harue was plenty prepared for her named Captain to (be like her) have her confidence crushed against a monster and perhaps never strive to reach that level again. I mean, we know Harue's been using Achiga as a vanquisher of her own demons and regrets, but that's cold, Harue.)
Old 2014-04-02, 19:06   Link #4813
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Spoiler for stuff:
I think there's a very simple reason.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also, now I understand what Serperior was saying about Hiroe

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 19:21   Link #4814
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Spoiler for Points thus far:

@Kinematics

Spoiler for Coincidences:

Last edited by tjalorak; 2014-04-02 at 19:41.
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:26   Link #4815
The Green One

Sheesh still 6 rounds minimum left and Yuan is practically on death's door. Are we playing a game of chicken of seeing how close she can get to 0 before she can finally stop and pray that Usuzan's vice captain can salvage this disaster? Obviously she's going to have to even get to Saki's turn. Unless Yuan can somehow pull something out of her ass to at least salvage something.

I know Usuzan's vice captain and captain are going to do very well to at least try to keep this interesting, but I don't think any of us will be able to see Usuzan as anything but a joke now after three god awful performances in a row. So much for Hayari's prediction.
Old 2014-04-03, 01:19   Link #4816
Marina2

Random guess on Usuzan's vice captain power:

1) Gain points equal to the amount of point lost in previous team member round x 2 (lol.)

2) Power that more powerful if the team is placed in 4th (and less powerful if the position higher 3rd or 2nd or 1st) Maybe something like this:

4th = Yakuman or Sanbaiman guarantee, *
3rd = Sanbaiman or baiman guarantee, *
2nd = Baiman/Haneman/Mangan guarantee, *
1st = Lower than Mangan hand guarantee*

***Can be interupted by other player.

Last edited by Marina2; 2014-04-03 at 01:35.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 01:35   Link #4817
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Remember the Shindouji team in the Achiga-hen manga that had the vice captain and captain combo? It kinda feels that Usuzan is like them on Side B while Himamori is like Senriyama. Rinkai is the Shiraotodai, I'd guess.

In the Achiga Hen match Shindouji did not do much early on either, and their number 3 player got thrashed something nasty. But the vice captain and captain combo did a really good job getting them back in the running.

I would not be surprised if Usuzan did something similar....
Old 2014-04-03, 02:50   Link #4818
The Green One

Actually it seems more like Usuzan is the Shiratodai. Hyped to be something awesome, but turns out to be not so much. The order is just in reverse. The monster is at the back instead of the front.

Shindouji was actually the unknown in their game compared to the Senriayama who'd already been seen once and the Shiratodai who was supposedly amazing.
Old 2014-04-03, 03:37   Link #4819
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

They're pretty clearly Shindouji+ (hopefully...) given that they were already compared to Shindouji in the manga itself with FunaQ's analysis that their Aces are better than Shindouji's Aces.

Rinkai is Shiraitodai played straight, an actual championship team that's strong across the board (also hopefully given that we haven't seen the remaining two players play yet...).
Old 2014-04-03, 07:21   Link #4820
Marina2

What excectly written on this page?. People on /a/ quoted it and said Shinohayu anime has been confirmed but i'm not too sure.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Marina2; 2014-04-03 at 10:32.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri