AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-31, 00:03   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Confessing your feelings and then not dating is such an anime thing.
I'm reminded of Orange .

I do hope we get to some actual dating at some point though. It would be fun to see what Sakuta and Mai's banter might be like as an actual romantic couple .
Old 2018-10-31, 09:18   Link #102
4th Dimension

They do already snipe at each other mercilessly like an old couple.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 15:39   Link #103
Keila

It's always great when people who deserve it get taken down a peg or two. Yay for smart monkeys.
Old 2018-10-31, 16:31   Link #104
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

their exchange at the beginning of the ep was great. i saw Mai uncrossing her legs and was like, "yep, he's going to comment on that." i loved the genuineness of their phone conversation too.

As for Koba, seems like she's going to get jealous of Sakuta's actual relationship with Mai, now that she knows his character. It'll probably throw everyone into a loop again until she sorts her feelings out.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 17:45   Link #105
4th Dimension

Yuuup. Probably she is thinking what sequence of events could lead to me taking Mei's role. Only problem is HE KNOWS she is resetting.

The bigger question is WHY does HE remember her different attempts to get onto the Sakuta route of her big teenage live VN adventure.

PS. We get a shot of him looking at his alarm clock in the post ED sneak peak. I can guess what that means

Old 2018-10-31, 21:30   Link #106
Top Sergeant

This series continues to deliver quality.
Old 2018-10-31, 21:38   Link #107
Hakai

The MC is such a fucking troll. I love it.
Old 2018-10-31, 22:01   Link #108
SilverGlavenus

Best and most consistent anime this season. The MC is simply the best, caring, not dense and can actually act.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 22:17   Link #109
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Attaboy, Sakuta! Truly a splendid young rascal.

Loved the episode, and it's firmly cemented my opinion of this being my anime of the season.

I greatly enjoy how the overall story deals with the pressures of social dynamics. I'll dwell more on this topic later, if I have the time. For now, I'd say that the pressure to fit in and conform, and not feel left out may be something we usually associate with adolescence but, in truth, it's a challenge that lasts well into adulthood. In fact, you'll be surprised how childishly adults can behave, when they feel ostracised or bullied in workplace situations, or even in their relationships with family and significant others.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 00:16   Link #110
Frontier

Sakuta is such a rascal. All those perverted comments with a straight-face and that wry smile .

Kaede looked really cute in that dress, and it was nice to see Mai getting closer to her and trying to help Kaede recover from her Adolescent Syndrome-induced issues .

I know Sakuta thought it would be good for Mai to get back into show-business, but I can see it making things more difficult for them for if/when they actually start dating since she'll probably be working fairly long hours on-set and away from him. It already seems like she's coming to school less and less. Although I guess so far he can be satisfied just hearing her voice .

Koga seems to be the epitome of a girl trying her best to be popular in high school. I can't say I don't understand her reasoning, but it's also probably far more detrimental to her personally then it's worth .

I love how Sakuta's nickname from his Kouhai's seem to be rapidly evolving. First it was "hospitalization-Senpai," then it was "butt-kick Senpai," and now it's "came full circle and acceptable Senpai." What's next, "'I'm a virgin' Senpai" ?

Kunimi's girlfriend is still making bad impressions and Sakuta continues to put her in her place. It does make me root more for Futaba, since she seems to have it for Kunimi pretty bad .

I have never seen someone declaring themselves a virgin to come off so awesome, but Sakuta did it, that rascal .

The ending definitely gave me the sense that Koga, having fallen for Sakuta, will unkowingly (or knowingly?) start the time loop over again to prevent Sakuta from getting together with Mai .

Last edited by Frontier; 2018-11-01 at 23:31.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 03:06   Link #111
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 5 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 05:32   Link #112
Lex79

Why, why can't all anime couple be like Sakuta and Mai? I love just about everything about their relationship.
Anyway, I thought about that last week, is the calico cat a reference to Haruhi Suzumiya?
Lex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 06:34   Link #113
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

My god, what a series.

EDIT: I want a scene in the end where they reveal the reason why Sakuta is the only one experiencing all these is because of that non-existent student he met when stuff was happening to his sister.

Last edited by frodonk; 2018-11-01 at 07:49.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 11:36   Link #114
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW, they have school on Saturday too? That's...brutal
That was how my middle school and high school were (same one though, we had 8 grades in total). Saturday morning would was academic study as the rest of the week, in the afternoon either you do sport or extra classes for those selected to be in teams that compete in city/nation wide academic competitions.

My case was in the latter, though we often played hooky and just sneaked out doing our own stuff.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 12:15   Link #115
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Sakuta used Feint! It's super effective!
Sakuta used Swagger(?)!
Douche fainted!

That went way better than expected, and boy, they're really hammering in just how much of a follower Koga is, huh? Not like its that exaggerated, mind you, seeing how my family ends up looking more at the phone screen than each other's faces more than once when we're in the same room.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 14:29   Link #116
Wandering Soul

Never thought that someone declaring themselves to be a virgin could make for a cool scene, but then this show came along.

Kunimi's girlfriend has it rough. The first arc she's on her period and now in this arc, she's constipated.
Old 2018-11-01, 18:34   Link #117
Jord
Banned

I'm enjoying this series so much, the chemistry between Sakuta and Mai is incredibly well done and I like how the adaptation is portraying this element fromt he LN in such a great way.

Can't wait for the next episode and of course the upcoming movie.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 00:10   Link #118
Frontier

I didn't even notice it at first, but Mai actually saw the fight:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-11-02, 00:57   Link #119
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I didn't even notice it at first, but Mai actually saw the fight:
Spoiler:
To be fair, unless there's an explicit call-out to that being Mai later on we can't actually be sure that's her (with many anime characters inevitably looking the same and what not).
Old 2018-11-02, 02:18   Link #120
4th Dimension

On one hand bunny things are missing, on the other she is pretty much framed by the others (she is fully visible even though she is meant to be unnoticeable part of the background) and her posture screams Too-Cool-For-School Mei.

Tags
harem