AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2020-01-13, 23:02   Link #221
GundamFan0083

I--for one--am treating this set (2 recap movies and Lelouch of the Re:surrection) as an alternate universe like Nightmare of Nunnally.
It was an interesting trio of movies.
I like them as their own world separate from the original TV series.
That way I can enjoy them.
So in this new universe Lelouch lives.
In the original universe Lelouch died.
Hopefully this will make all the fans happy.
Old 2020-03-20, 22:57   Link #222
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I--for one--am treating this set (2 recap movies and Lelouch of the Re:surrection) as an alternate universe like Nightmare of Nunnally.
It was an interesting trio of movies.
I like them as their own world separate from the original TV series.
That way I can enjoy them.
So in this new universe Lelouch lives.
In the original universe Lelouch died.
Hopefully this will make all the fans happy.
I agree. Although it would had been better to see a new TV series that took place from where the 3-films left off. Even a prequel that focus on Charles, Marianne, and C.C./V.V. would be epic. But, I want to see Code Geass: Oz the Reflection get animated into a TV series...
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 12:20   Link #223
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Another TV series might be quite long. Although, I doubt it would be as long as One Piece. Just kidding. What I would love to see is Code Geass: Oz The Reflection made into an anime series.

What would also be a cool idea is a Code Geass series that centers on a young Charles and V.V, which would be an interesting story...

Then again, a series that features L.L. and C.C. is the likest outcome:

They might as well just carry on from here after Resurrection if they are going to milk the Geass franchise. The ending more than allows it

BTW, can't remember but how many Knights of Round survived in Resurrection? I recall more than just Anya and Gino in some of the scenes
Old 2020-03-30, 14:20   Link #224
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They might as well just carry on from here after Resurrection if they are going to milk the Geass franchise. The ending more than allows it

BTW, can't remember but how many Knights of Round survived in Resurrection? I recall more than just Anya and Gino in some of the scenes
Those characters in the wedding video are the glinda knights who appeared in Oz the Reflection.
Old 2020-03-30, 22:04   Link #225
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Did the other Rounds appear?
Old 2020-04-14, 14:50   Link #226
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I agree. Although it would had been better to see a new TV series that took place from where the 3-films left off. Even a prequel that focus on Charles, Marianne, and C.C./V.V. would be epic. But, I want to see Code Geass: Oz the Reflection get animated into a TV series...
I agree.
Or, they should expand on the three movies and make them into a 52-episode series (26-episodes for the first two movies, since both the Mao and Rolo arcs are essentially gone), and then 26-episodes for the third movies since it seemed rushed.
The interaction between Lelouch and his friends couldn't be elaborated on or fleshed out in the movie because there was not time, I for one would like to have seen it done a tad bit slower with more build up. Especially Lelouch and Cornelia. Her just being like "Okay, I forgive you, now let's go save Nunnally," was too quick. I wanted to see him EARN her forgiveness but I realize there just was not time in 2-hours to do that.
Old 2020-04-23, 23:59   Link #227
stardrago

So over at the comic newtype site they have the first chapter of the comic version of Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection, which follows events from the previous comic Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Re; which follows events from the tv series.

Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2020-04-24 at 09:14. Reason: Please use images tag or thumbnails for large pictures.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 03:13   Link #228
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for review:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 09:05   Link #229
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for review:
Not really a plot hole because the issues with the codes is addressed during the movie, even if not answer is given at the end. At worst, it's a loose plot thread.

C.C. theory in the movie is that what's happening with the codes is the result to of Lelouch confrontation with Charles during the Ragnarok Connection leaving C's World in complete chaos, which is backed up by Shamna saying that the same event caused her original geass to change.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 00:18   Link #230
darthfury78

Sometimes, I feel that a season 3(takes place after the 3 films) would have been the best course of action. Here is a link that explains why there was never a third season:

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article...ouched-avenues
Old 2020-07-07, 08:48   Link #231
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Not really a plot hole because the issues with the codes is addressed during the movie, even if not answer is given at the end. At worst, it's a loose plot thread.

C.C. theory in the movie is that what's happening with the codes is the result to of Lelouch confrontation with Charles during the Ragnarok Connection leaving C's World in complete chaos, which is backed up by Shamna saying that the same event caused her original geass to change.
that makes it clearer
let's just say Lelouch is lucky enough to retain both Code and Geass because of how messy C's world right now

but again.. what is C.C. real name?

Last edited by ~Yami~; 2020-07-07 at 09:06.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-01, 10:19   Link #232
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Watched it already before I did my binge with Akito.

I expected that the peace didn't last. It's not that realistic...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-06, 01:23   Link #233
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

but again.. what is C.C. real name?
More importantly, did anyone ever answer who or what is C? As in World of C. Code?

For all we know, it's the same C as whatever C.C's name is
Old 2020-10-13, 12:55   Link #234
stardrago

so the 4th chapter of the manga version has been out at comic newtype which seems to conclude the original story they made, which next seems to be for the main events like in the movie, though I do wonder what changes they will have, given the comic follows the Re; manga which had it follow the tv series, no the TV Recap movies which retcon certain events.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-31, 22:28   Link #235
B214

And eventually Sunrise will milk the series by creating a 12 episode anime of this movie that follows the original TV series.....
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 08:22   Link #236
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
More importantly, did anyone ever answer who or what is C? As in World of C. Code?
Probably C as in Conscious, since the Gods are essentially an adaptation of Carl Jung's Collective Unconscious.
Old 2021-01-09, 17:23   Link #237
wissenschaft

I finally watched this movie and as I'm a huge Code Geass fanboy (its my favorite anime by far), I loved every second of the movie. Everything I loved about the series was in the movie. I am more of a kallen fan but I'll admit I am ok with C.C. being the girl that wins because its VERY well done in this movie. Theres been such a drought of mecha shows that my reaction to the movie was pretty much this:

As for where the series is going, I've heard theres a new anime in the works with new characters. This being part of the 10 year project for Code Geass that they've announced alongside this movie. I can see C.C. and Lelouch giving out a code to a new character for a new series.

Quote:

For all we know, it's the same C as whatever C.C's name is
Think of C world as standing for the "Collective unconscious of humanity". They say as much in the movie, that C world is just that. Hence why the souls of the dead are there, especially souls that refuse to move on to the next life/after life, or whatever comes after since that remains mysterious.

Also, the movie explains the reason Lelouch geass still works is because Lelouch killed the "god" of C world and so things no longer work the way they use to. Hence he can use his Geass even though he has a Code and how Shamna geass changed because of that.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2021-01-09 at 17:39.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 19:43   Link #238
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
So over at the comic newtype site they have the first chapter of the comic version of Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection, which follows events from the previous comic Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Re; which follows events from the tv series.

Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I just finished reading Re; and caught up with the Re;surrection manga. I really like how they connect with other works like Renya, Lancelot and Gawain, and apparently Oz of the Reflection too.
However, I've been wondering if these works are considered canon. The Re;surrection movie is canon to the Movie Timeline. However, Re; and the Re;surrection manga seem to take place in the TV series timeline. Thus, I'm wondering if they're considered part of the canon TV series timeline, or if they're just side works with no canon status whatsoever.

I really liked how Re; fleshed out the events of Zero Requiem. Personally, I would have preferred had the manga also shown Lelouch's days as an Emperor after he conquered the World. Anyway, I liked how the ending connects with the Re;surrection manga. As for that manga, I've enjoyed how it's been handling the events much better than the movie. It's given us a better view of the world so far, and we've seen a more fleshed out Suzaku and Nunnally. It's also given us some answers regarding Lelouch's Code, which the movie didn't show at all.
Old 2021-05-08, 11:34   Link #239
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I just finished reading Re; and caught up with the Re;surrection manga. I really like how they connect with other works like Renya, Lancelot and Gawain, and apparently Oz of the Reflection too.
However, I've been wondering if these works are considered canon. The Re;surrection movie is canon to the Movie Timeline. However, Re; and the Re;surrection manga seem to take place in the TV series timeline. Thus, I'm wondering if they're considered part of the canon TV series timeline, or if they're just side works with no canon status whatsoever.

I really liked how Re; fleshed out the events of Zero Requiem. Personally, I would have preferred had the manga also shown Lelouch's days as an Emperor after he conquered the World. Anyway, I liked how the ending connects with the Re;surrection manga. As for that manga, I've enjoyed how it's been handling the events much better than the movie. It's given us a better view of the world so far, and we've seen a more fleshed out Suzaku and Nunnally. It's also given us some answers regarding Lelouch's Code, which the movie didn't show at all.
This is why I enjoy reading the Manga as well. It fills in the gaps left by the movie, due to time limitations. I wish that Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection was made into a TV show than a movie. When the latter was going to be made, I decided to skip the movie as it would not cover as much as a TV series would acheive in 26 episodes.
Old 2021-05-11, 05:11   Link #240
B214

Who knows, maybe we may get a TV series down the line. The manga may just be to test the water with the fans first.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote