AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 10:13   Link #2201
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Assuming that the Valrave is a first come first serve unit where only the first who pilots it can move and and the rest will be eliminated then even if Dorsia gets their hand on the unit as long as there's an orinal pilot then it will be fine and as for the current time line only the three of them knows the existence of the remaining unit thus far...
Though hope there will be no other case of Gundamjack in this seires...
We are not sure of the first come first serve piloting.

Note the "physicist" said the one responsible for the Valvrave is a certain Dr. Tokishima. Likely related to Haruto Tokishima.

Since we got the surprise Shoko is the JIOR prime minister's daughter it wouldn't be farfetched Shoko's childhood friend would be also important.

Question is where is Dr. Tokishima. I don't think L-Elf killed him
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:20   Link #2202
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I don't think Dr. Tokishima made a mecha for his son... or that the mecha would care about it. I think he just met the conditions for piloting (which is whatever the purpose of the Valvrave's is).

I think it is just that such dramatic coincidences are common in fiction and Valvrave ain't one to shy from ridiculous cliche's. So it is just foreshadowing of a future conflict between father and son rather than some grand plan to make Haruto the pilot.
Old 2013-05-12, 10:26   Link #2203
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Images
newtype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-12, 10:33   Link #2204
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I don't think Dr. Tokishima made a mecha for his son... or that the mecha would care about it. I think he just met the conditions for piloting (which is whatever the purpose of the Valvrave's is).

I think it is just that such dramatic coincidences are common in fiction and Valvrave ain't one to shy from ridiculous cliche's. So it is just foreshadowing of a future conflict between father and son rather than some grand plan to make Haruto the pilot.
The physicist/spy wonder what devil Dr. Tokishima made a deal with in regard to the Valvrave.

Instead of a devil I'm thinking more along the lines of Rumpelstiltskin.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:56   Link #2205
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So he gave his necklace for five extremely powerful mechs?
Old 2013-05-12, 13:13   Link #2206
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Images
newtype
i think this pretty much confirms saki pilots greenvrave
Old 2013-05-12, 13:37   Link #2207
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

bitchslap from Saki in last episode is really fulfilling to see

that bully whining b*itch got what she really deserved, (and the scenes after that, I bet she turned into M after all that)

btw, mods it's getting cramped here
Old 2013-05-12, 14:54   Link #2208
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post

I think it's a coincidence and that Dr. Tokishima (whoever he or she is ) didn't make the machine for Haruto. Just as Dr. Tim Ray didn't intend on his son Amuro to be the pilot of the Gundam. No one could have predicted the events that would have Haruto get into the cockpit, and even if they did, the only thing he did was consent to a contract with the machine. Anyone could have done that.

However, here's a twist though, what if since Dr. Tokishima was the one who created the Valvrave, the doctor used his/her genetics as a blueprint for the compatibility of the Valvrave's pilot, and that's why Haruto was able to sync with it with no adverse problems?

Remember that term #1 in the EULA slated that "the Valvrave is not guaranteed to be safe for those who haven't completed the full Facility course, or are otherwise physically inept."

We haven't considered that maybe the ARUS pilot was killed, not because he wasn't Haruto, but perhaps because he was "physically inept"? And that perhaps Haruto was compatible without having to take whatever course the Facility has, because he is similar genetically, and perhaps physically, to Dr. Tokishima who designed it and probably has taken said course and/or is compatible?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 15:40   Link #2209
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Images
newtype
Yeah, after reading that article, it really does imply that Saki quits her humanity too

but can she stop time or throw knives?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:00   Link #2210
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Yeah, after reading that article, it really does imply that Saki quits her humanity too

That's a redundant move. If she can do such thing, she's ought use more effective moves, such as eye beam and freezing.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 17:57   Link #2211
shadow1296

Quote:

if her power is that then that would make all the valvrave pilots power some how work together for infiltration missions
i'm guessing if that were the case then the origional plan for the valvrave pilots were like so
the green pilot would freeze the targets which would be a high ranking military or government official and red would come in and possess them while another would collect reds body leaving know one the wiser, and allowing red to obtain military secrets, making them believe the official is a traitor, and/or controling the oppositions government.
Old 2013-05-12, 18:01   Link #2212
kuromitsu

(Psst - have you seen the official site? There's a short description of each VVV's special ability...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 18:09   Link #2213
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
(Psst - have you seen the official site? There's a short description of each VVV's special ability...)
i have and they give no discription on the power they give the pilot from what i saw which is what i was talking about
Old 2013-05-12, 18:12   Link #2214
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
if her power is that then that would make all the valvrave pilots power some how work together for infiltration missions
i'm guessing if that were the case then the origional plan for the valvrave pilots were like so
the green pilot would freeze the targets which would be a high ranking military or government official and red would come in and possess them while another would collect reds body leaving know one the wiser, and allowing red to obtain military secrets, making them believe the official is a traitor, and/or controling the oppositions government.
I was actually making a Jojo/Sakuya joke
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 18:15   Link #2215
shadow1296

Quote:
I was actually making a Jojo/Sakuya joke
i haven't watched jojo yet so didn't know, thought you were being serious
Old 2013-05-12, 18:26   Link #2216
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i think this pretty much confirms saki pilots greenvrave
Yes indeed. Saki's bite attack shows that she wishes she was like Haruto. And it looks like next episode she will be. The question remains, however, will she gain a different vampire power than Haruto. That would certainly makes things interesting.

If Shoko was the clear star of the last episode than ep 5 was Saki time to shine. And she even got an Idol video. lol This show be crazy. How can anyone hate on that song? It was hilarious.

Otaku are so skilled. Whatever the actually line was, it was hilarious. lol

I thought Shoko would be my clear favorite after last episode but now I'm not sure. How do u choose between these girls? Between Dat slap and Dat ending Saki has now gained the edge on Shoko. I think Haruto will reject her again but if Saki is the pilot of the Green Valvrave than shes back in the lead again. Shes already stolen the first kiss, which i think Shoko finds out about next episode leading to DRAMA. lol

P.S. Mods, we need a subforum asap because its getting far too crowded in this thread. Theres just far too much to discuss.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 20:53   Link #2217
shadow1296

Quote:
Images
newtype
^is there a clean ver. without the text

Old 2013-05-12, 22:13   Link #2218
larethian

I can no longer understand what this show is doing.........
I'm kind of surprised that Haruto let L-Elf roam around freely.

/finally turns off brain completely.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:23   Link #2219
~BC~

What exactly could Haruto have done anyway (that couldn't possibly cause negative consequences for himself and others)? It wouldn't have hurt to hear him express some concern for L-Elf's whereabouts though.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:34   Link #2220
Irenesharda

He could have at least given a spoken thought as to that he hadn't seen the guy lurking around, maybe expressed some concern or something.
I mean, he does know that this guy is a trained killer and Dorssian soldier. He's also the guy who brutally murdered you a little more than a week ago.

Show some concern, don't keep acting as if he's going to just poof disappear!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire