AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-17, 17:39   Link #41
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Currently, I would say Zessica's death is nearly confirmed... T_T
Old 2012-06-17, 17:52   Link #42
Destined_Fate

Well she wasn't mentioned in the epilogue and they had Amata forget all about her again when her last action was trying to get to Amata and see if he was okay before body snatch time. It's clear that the writers have failed utterly with Evol and even their epilogue wont satisfy the viewers and will feel cheap, especially a Amata x Mikono ending.
Old 2012-06-17, 18:04   Link #43
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Well to be fair there were a few other story lines that needed to be finished before they could focus on if Zessica will regain her body or not, it's not like they could have a total victory before the final ep right? Right now I just hope Zessica will live she's suffered way too much and it's really making me lose my enjoyment of this show.
Who knows, maybe they will do a better job in the ova ( it wouldn't surprise me if they make one)
Old 2012-06-17, 18:29   Link #44
Destined_Fate

Pushing it at the end of the series isn't a smart move either since they still have...

Mykage and Fudo dynamic, expect flashbacks.
Amata angsting over his horrible parents.
Amata and Kagura issues, lots of issues... You don't even need Kagura for this, just Amata screaming at himself inside Aquarion will do.
Mikono being useless but maybe not at the last second!
Amata x Mikono, they've had 25 episodes to make this work. They've failed, they would need far more than the final episode time length alone to get this train wreck to work.
The Side Character Crew needing their in battle screen time.
Big Final Battle
Fabulous Flowers everywhere.
Zessica finally showing up to try and get her body back... Maybe.
Defeating Mykage, which most likely means Zessica dies seeing how Amata again doesn't care for her or anyone once Mikono shows up.
The Planet merge, maybe.
Epilogue.

Considering how they drag things out I don't expect them to reach a satisfying conclusion to any of these points.
Old 2012-06-17, 18:39   Link #45
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

How are they gonna resolve all those problems in just one episode?

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst?

I don't think they're gonna redo this as an ova. After this series is there any demand for more Aquarion?
Old 2012-06-17, 18:43   Link #46
Destined_Fate

It's their own fault for spending too much time on pointless things and leaving all the big issues for the last episode. There's no way they can address everything in a conclusive and satisfying manner(Especially not Amata x Mikono) matter. At least not in an episodes time frame and again they can only blame themselves for getting stuck in this situation.
Old 2012-06-17, 18:44   Link #47
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's their own fault for spending too much time on pointless things and leaving all the big issues for the last episode. There's no way they can address everything in a conclusive and satisfying manner(Especially not Amata x Mikono) matter, now in an episodes time frame and again they can only blame themselves.
Unless it's all a dream sequence?
Old 2012-06-17, 18:45   Link #48
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

The troll comes and go, but he'll be back. He'll always be back.

As expeted Apollonius was you-know-who.

Touma was the first to get the "dog" trolling, as a result he throws up and Mykage is born from his vomit (this is a good a representation of how EVOL came to be anyway).

And Evil Aquarion.

Anything else is still the same...

- Amata and Kagura still don't understand the meaning of fate.

- Andy screaming MIX solved the problem.

- Mikono didn't do anything.

- More shit for Zessica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
How are they gonna resolve all those problems in just one episode?

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst?

I don't think they're gonna redo this as an ova. After this series is there any demand for more Aquarion?
It's been quite evident for some time that everything was dragged out to the limit for the sake of the finale.
Old 2012-06-17, 18:47   Link #49
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Unless it's all a dream sequence?
Who is sadistic enough to dream up all the BS that Zessica went through?
Old 2012-06-17, 18:48   Link #50
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
After this series is there any demand for more Aquarion?
Honestly, was there ever any demand after the original series?

Old 2012-06-17, 18:52   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Who is sadistic enough to dream up all the BS that Zessica went through?
It's not Kawamori behind the series. It's Gen Urobuchi! O.O

And the way it's shaping up not everyone is going to like the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Honestly, was there ever any demand after the original series?
True but fans of the original appreciated it for what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
The troll comes and go, but he'll be back. He'll always be back.

As expeted Apollonius was you-know-who.

Touma was the first to get the "dog" trolling, as a result he throws up and Mykage is born from his vomit (this is a good a representation of how EVOL came to be anyway).

And Evil Aquarion.

Anything else is still the same...

- Amata and Kagura still don't understand the meaning of fate.

- Andy screaming MIX solved the problem.

- Mikono didn't do anything.

- More shit for Zessica.

It's been quite evident for some time that everything was dragged out to the limit for the sake of the finale.
But too resolve all that in one episode though?

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2012-06-17 at 19:45.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:23   Link #52
Radik

Quote:
Well she wasn't mentioned in the epilogue and they had Amata forget all about her again when her last action was trying to get to Amata and see if he was okay before body snatch time.
I have to wonder if anyone's going to bother getting through to Zessica like Andy did for MIX. I didn't expect them to go as far as removing her from the show entirely for the past two episodes, which really ruins her character even further as she was one of the few actually driving the show forward. I have no idea how they intend to resolve all of the plotlines, but it doesn't seem like Zessica is really going to matter all that much in the finale, regardless of what happens to her.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:28   Link #53
Destined_Fate

Well, maybe they felt that if Zessica was out of the picture than fans would have no choice but accept Amata x Mikono.... Only they didn't remove Kagura so that makes that point redundant and now they're getting backlash over not showing Zessica at all inside her body. It's like they threw her in a fridge and hoped everyone would forget her like Amata has.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:32   Link #54
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
It's like they threw her in a fridge and hoped everyone would forget her like Amata has.
By now everyone has forget about Zessica faster than they forgot Jin after he died (Malloy is more relevant than her, period).
Old 2012-06-17, 19:35   Link #55
SABER60069

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This episode was just so hilarious I can't do anything but laugh the entire time

At first when Amata was out for Kagura's blood I kinda liked him that way but then they had to start talking about Mikono again and it went downhill after that

Amata's fighting Destiny thing made a bit more sense than last time but still doesn't make much sense overall as you know he's kinda not fighting destiny

And Mikono is still useless I thought there was suppose to be development and I don't see any

Still don't understand why Amata and Kagura fighting would cause Altair and Vega to clash into each other and I don't understand why Mykage would get to rule the world cause of it, wouldn't both planets just clash and be destroyed completely?

The rest of the episode is just a hilarious trainwreck

Touma lol Touma how can I ever take you seriously again? I say the original's ending is effectively ruined by the dog trolling and Touma's reaction was pretty much the same as the audience

And Apollonius identity lol, I recommend you guys rewatch the original with all the new information we acquired you won't be able to take it seriously but it will be entertaining in the way that you would be laughing all the time

And no one even remembering Zessica has at this point gone beyond rage inducing and became funny

To sum it up, this episode was so bad it was good and effectively turned the original series into the same way

In the final episode, they will probably merge Amata and Kagura together which somehow fixes the planet clashing problem and so Mikono wouldn't have to choose. But I'm going to hate it because there is no way to make such a cheap ending satisfying within one episode
Old 2012-06-17, 19:36   Link #56
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Despite how recent episodes have been trolled hard, I am really, really, really curious about the ending.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-06-17, 19:38   Link #57
Destined_Fate

The ending will take all the trolling up to this point and up it to 11. Expect it to make even less sense than the last episode of Evangelion TV when it came out.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:45   Link #58
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I would argue that it was about the love between Apollonius and Celiane.
Didn't a scene of the movie spelled aloud it's Touma/Apollonius song? The lyrics should make it pretty obvious is about Touma looking for Apollonius.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-17, 19:47   Link #59
Destined_Fate

Zessica, and not just Zessikage, better appear in the last episode. They owe the viewers that much, even if they're intent on killing her to try and make Amata x Mikono work.

So... Aquarion was always about One Sided Love, one gets love back and the other spends 24,000 pissed off over it.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:50   Link #60
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

One episode left? I am so anguish at watching this episode already... I don't care for any of the other cast anymore, except Zessica.

Why did the director spend so much time on Zessica and now expect us to focus on the twins and the smelly wrench?

edit* I rather have Zessikage killing all of them and restarting the world