AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 02:05   Link #9881
Homura7

^And so is the one who created her. It's too early for Riru to die, but she may be beaten to a pulp and make it look like she died, thus breaking Kuchinashi when she wakes up from her brainwashing.

Really I don't now, this plot has become far unpredictable.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 05:38   Link #9882
Ynot

I kind of been wondering about the whole black attraction thing and it's consequences for the victims since I read chapter 109.

Can the victims snap out of it at all or are they doomed to be mindless puppets from now on? Eve certainly seemed to be more like a robot then anything else. The reason she could get rid of the virus is because her Doppleganger enabled her to destroy it. However Kuchinashi etc can't use Doppleganger so are they now stuck with the virus forever? Or will Eve/Arclight be able to destroy the virus for them?

Last edited by Ynot; 2013-02-06 at 06:23.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 06:00   Link #9883
Soji

^I was wondering the same thing .
If AA and / or Eve can do something to free them ,I can't see AA help them so the only one would be Eve.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 13:07   Link #9884
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I'm not so certain about that since I believe that Gido has a slightly favorable opinion of Blade compared to Arclight. Okay, maybe not all that much since he did try to kill him but remember during Eve's Story when Eve effectively died? Blade gave a portion of his brain, the portion with Doppelganger, to save Eve which helped her return to life. Gido said she is like a daughter to him and has probably developed a relationship with Blade since he's lived with him for the past 15-16 years.

On the other hand...

Gido's reaction to Saten made it apparent that Gido had no joined Triple Six yet or at least had not met Saten yet. We know Saten has looked the same for about the past 8 years thanks to Genesis, so it's likely that Gido was free at that time and only concerned himself with taking care of Blade and Eve in the Blackspot. Perhaps whenever he joined Triple Six is when he decided that both Arclight and Blade need no longer to live. And maybe even Riru, too...

Except...

If Gido considers Eve a daughter thanks to her union of Kasumi and Karin, what about Riru? What exactly is her body (or was her body) from the Eve Project? It doesn't seem likely since Eve is Karin with half of Kasumi's brain, so what exactly is Riru considering that the origin of her body is still unknown?
Scary thing is Riru looked exactly like Eve when she was shown unconcious at the ruins of the Adam Project. According to Riru's choker she should have been created first, yet how can they look similar? About where Riru's body comes from, I go back to my previous theory of Riru originally being a needless who was modified and brainwashed like Eve.

I don't know how mch we can take from Eve's story as fact due to it all originating from Blade's memories. Saten noticed the Kafka in the dream world managed to act the same because Blade managed to fully learn and reproduce him. The things Blade wouldn't know would never exist there. An example is that black abyss that was blocking Blade, Cruz and Satens path to Strom's base. Strom, Vora and Mengorze were there because during Blade's life he met them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^I was wondering the same thing .
If AA and / or Eve can do something to free them ,I can't see AA help them so the only one would be Eve.
Yeah, Arclight would kill them instead of save them, especially in his condition, when he is not going to be thinking rationally. However, Eve has no obligation to save them either, unless Mio can convince her. One thing I'm really looking forward to is see how Mio reacts to all this. She changed sides rather easy, willing to fight against her old teamates and bosses. Also, if things calm down soon and the girl squad is still under black attraction, I'm sure Simeon has the technology to make a vaccine for the ESP virus. I doubt Saten would keep them under his control for the long run, so he could release control himself. Question is how he managed to get all these girls to take in the virus. I doubt he kissed them all.
Old 2013-02-08, 17:02   Link #9885
Homura7

The virus can be administered in many ways, kissing is only one.

And knowing Saten, he would release every girl only after finishing off both Arclight and Riru. Imagine the reaction of Setsuna and Kuchinashi when that happens. Setsuna specially, she would left her broken.

Going by Needless 1.5, the Black Madam changed her name to Black Mother, and Teruyama is a gatekeeper in the City. Is proof Simeon is no more.

No need to say it again. Arclight is done for this time. To think just a finger snap would make his body crumble, what an irony.
Old 2013-02-10, 14:28   Link #9886
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Question is how he managed to get all these girls to take in the virus. I doubt he kissed them all.
I would, if I had them under my control. And I wouldn't stop there... well, perhaps I will stop there, as this isn't that kind of forum.

But what I meant to say was, there's no reason to think Saten has acquired Black Attraction himself (or anyone else's fragment, for that matter). I think it's much more likely that he brainwashed a cloned Kurumi to do his dirty work for him. After all, it would be relatively easy for her to sneak a kiss from a fellow Girls Squad member. Happens all the time in manga, and they never see it coming... Anyway, all he has to do then is tell her to tell them to do what he tells them. Couldn't be simpler.
Old 2013-02-10, 14:38   Link #9887
Soji

Sayo A.@ Good point,but from what we know he just use the pure virus somehow...like inject somehow.
Old 2013-02-10, 20:12   Link #9888
Kurohane

Also, why didn't he do the same to Mio, when she came back?
Old 2013-02-10, 22:19   Link #9889
Homura7

Most likely because Saten may need one of the girls for something and sees in Mio the best suited for such task because, afterall, she's the strongest when it comes to just physical strenght.

With the most recent developments, the end of Simeon is very nigh. Without even moving an inch Saten has successfully cornered the two main pillars that hold up the pharmaceutical company.

I guess there's gonna be one massive defection of Simeon members after this. Starting with Setsuna and Kuchinashi. Their only longing to serve the company were those pillars.
Old 2013-02-11, 02:00   Link #9890
Kurohane

What kind of task and why does he think she'll do it of her own will?
Old 2013-02-11, 02:57   Link #9891
Soji

Kurohane@Probably something about Cruz.
I mean, think of the first time that Satan met Mio again during Eve arc,he did not seem angry or annoyed from the situation quite the contrary, in fact he even make a joke.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-02-11 at 05:29.
Old 2013-02-11, 03:54   Link #9892
Ynot

If Saten hasn't infected Mio purposely it's probably because she's already doing what Saten wants her to do, protect Yamada from harm.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 09:22   Link #9893
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Why Mio hasn't been infected with the virus: Saten is in love with her and can't bring himself to do such a terrible thing to an innocent young girl.

Unlikely scenario? Well, it's no more unlikely than the idea that Saten has yet another cunning plot in hand whereby he benefits somehow from Mio not necessarily doing exactly what he wants... Have we considered that maybe they just haven't had an opportunity to get to her in the short time since she arrived at Simeon HQ? It has only been a few hours in story time, after all.
Old 2013-02-12, 18:58   Link #9894
Avvesione

Seeing as some of the girls are clones, like Misaki, Nanami and Yuki, so maybe there's a clone of Mio floating around? Maybe Saten made one so that her disappearance and subsequent assistance of Cruz would go unnoticed since there was a happy Mio wandering around the Simeon HQ at the same time. Then imagine Mio vs. Mio or something. That'd be fun!

---

I wonder if there's any significance to Arclight seeing Cruz's eyes change colors and those sparkles around his body back in Chapter 100. You figure there's got to be a reason that 1) it was Arclight who saw it and 2) that Arclight noticed the eyes change color. I don't expect him to die before this issue is resolved since he's the only one to notice that about Cruz.

Also, have we see any other characters with those sparkles before? I recall seeing them with ANn when she appeared in Chapter 82 before putting that symbol of light on his leg.

---

And this is just for fun, but did anyone else notice that Kuchinashi writes with her right hand and punches with her left? I suppose that makes sense considering that if she were to injure her right hand and couldn't write anymore, she'd be unable to communicate with others.
Old 2013-02-12, 19:06   Link #9895
Soji

Quote:
Seeing as some of the girls are clones, like Misaki, Nanami and Yuki, so maybe there's a clone of Mio floating around? Maybe Saten made one so that her disappearance and subsequent assistance of Cruz would go unnoticed since there was a happy Mio wandering around the Simeon HQ at the same time. Then imagine Mio vs. Mio or something. That'd be fun!
You're right ,I have not thought about this possibility.
Now I really want to see this happen.
Quote:
---

I wonder if there's any significance to Arclight seeing Cruz's eyes change colors and those sparkles around his body back in Chapter 100. You figure there's got to be a reason that 1) it was Arclight who saw it and 2) that Arclight noticed the eyes change color. I don't expect him to die before this issue is resolved since he's the only one to notice that about Cruz.

Also, have we see any other characters with those sparkles before? I recall seeing them with ANn when she appeared in Chapter 82 before putting that symbol of light on his leg.
Again ,another good point .
Wonder if we see this eyes again next ch and AA say something about them.
And from what I recall only AnN and Cruz have display the sparkles and Cruz was the only one with that Kind of Eyes ,or at least I not remember other people/needess display similar eyes.
Quote:
---

And this is just for fun, but did anyone else notice that Kuchinashi writes with her right hand and punches with her left? I suppose that makes sense considering that if she were to injure her right hand and couldn't write anymore, she'd be unable to communicate with others.
I must admit that I have not paid much attention on this.
Make sense that she would avoid to use her right hand for puch people .(like you already point out).
Old 2013-02-13, 11:27   Link #9896
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
I think Setsuna and Kuchinashi might have noticed if there was a surplus Mio about the place, given that they knew the real one was missing. Having said that, there's nothing to stop Simeon cloning an entire army of Mios (or any other Girls Squad member), just like they did with Arca. Though that would really mess up the plot...

(Actually, that makes me wonder if the canned clones are made from anyone in particular. Can you order, say, 10 Mios to help around the house? Do they come with a choice of outfits? How much is the school swimsuit option? Am I straying a little too far off topic now?)

Quote:

I saw something recently... yes, in chapter 108, page 3, Arclight repels Blade's attack and there's the same "kin" SFX - but no sparkles. Which probably doesn't mean anything tbh... I think it's just some generic effect and we're reading too much into it because it happens not to have been used very much. (Even though it was me who pointed it out in the first place )

Quote:
More importantly, it allows her to chat with her opponent while fighting. Which is obligatory according to the rules of manga.
Old 2013-02-13, 14:10   Link #9897
Noda

Long time lurker. I've been going through some key chapters in spots as I remember some things that were odd at the time. Especially with some of the more recent revelations, it's always interesting to go back and see what gets cast in a new light.

Anyway, I was going through the Eve story chapters, and some might have noticed this, but somehow I hadn't before. Admittedly I didn't read in sequence, so I may be misremembering the chronology, but I believe Gido was supposed to still be MIA in these chapters. So why is he there in chapter 89, pages 27 and 28? I thought at first maybe it was an illusionary Gido or something, like how artists will sometimes superimpose one character over another for effect, but..well, given what Gido has shown recently, I can't guess one way or another.

Edit: Also is it just me, or do Eve and Cruz get cast as 'sibling' types a lot in the chapter inserts?

Last edited by Noda; 2013-02-13 at 14:21.
Noda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 14:22   Link #9898
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noda View Post
Long time lurker. I've been going through some key chapters in spots as I remember some things that were odd at the time. Especially with some of the more recent revelations, it's always interesting to go back and see what gets cast in a new light.

Anyway, I was going through the Eve story chapters, and some might have noticed this, but somehow I hadn't before. Admittedly I didn't read in sequence, so I may be misremembering the chronology, but I believe Gido was supposed to still be MIA in these chapters. So why is he there in chapter 89, pages 27 and 28? I thought at first maybe it was an illusionary Gido or something, like how artists will sometimes superimpose one character over another for effect, but..well, given what Gido has shown recently, I can't guess one way or another.
That was actually a mistake by Imai Kami. Gido is not supposed to be there and it was corrected in the Volume. I'm not sure what he was thinking when he had the chapter published originally, but he caught his mistake and took him out when he was doing the redraws for Volume 13.

So yeah, everyone reading the scanlations will be wondering about that, but it was just a mistake that was corrected a little bit later.
Old 2013-02-13, 14:40   Link #9899
Noda

Ah, that makes sense. I guess even manga writer-artists are human, after all. It's unreasonable to expect perfect continuity without any errors, especially in a gag series. Thanks a lot for clearing that up, that would have driven me crazy otherwise. It is kind of funny that the only time the slip happens is when Eve is waking up, though, a character Gido is rather invested in. A bit of a freudian by Imai Kami, perhaps?
Noda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 14:50   Link #9900
Soji

Quote:
Edit: Also is it just me, or do Eve and Cruz get cast as 'sibling' types a lot in the chapter inserts?
No,is not just you the author really make this kind of insert often(from what I recall).
Hell I always thought that this kind of relationship/bond is the one they have.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen