AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 07:52   Link #121
ThoHell

OH come on, who has been the true Vampire Knight throughout the manga? A knight is a protector, who disregards his own being to devote himself to protecting another out of unselfish acts. Kaname or Zero? This should be blatantly obvious.... And Yuuki looks like a damn little kid with that long hair and one piece dress! It disgust me that the 2 blood relations, Kaname and Yuuk, have kissed more than once and even after being fully aware of who they are. Yuuki states that it's something beast do, well you know what, there are a lot of animals who avoid doing such a thing.

I feel Yuuki love towards Kaname has been out of gratitude, infatuation, and care, but the one she truly loves and wants to be with is Zero. It has been shown time and time over again that these 2 need each other and long to be with each other.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-04-16 at 08:05.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 09:20   Link #122
Sinta

Zero is too good for her? You do realize that Zero is a scitzo right? The guy puts the "E" in Emo, i think he's a very annoying character. For someone who loves and cares about Yuuki so much he doesn't trust her with his secrets or tell her anything. Furthermore there isn't anything in the interactions that says that the type of love that Yuuki has for Kanami is different the the type she has for Zero. Yuuki shows concern and compassion for Zero but her passion seems to be saved for Kanami. Thats how I see it. Oh, and you guys got to get over the incest thing, its not that big a deal in Japanese culture cousins marry all the time, as a matter of fact from what I understand its encouraged. So the fact that Kanami and Yuuki are distantly related doesn't mean anything.

(thought that being said I do have this funny feeling that it will be zero in the end Gag me)
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 09:27   Link #123
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I thought Kaname and Yuuki aren't real siblings to begin with. You know from the latest chapter where Kaname said that he was some Kuran ancestor that had been resurrected by Rido. >_>

If anything Kaname is too good for Yuuki.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 09:40   Link #124
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Zero is too good for her? You do realize that Zero is a scitzo right? The guy puts the "E" in Emo, i think he's a very annoying character. For someone who loves and cares about Yuuki so much he doesn't trust her with his secrets or tell her anything. Furthermore there isn't anything in the interactions that says that the type of love that Yuuki has for Kanami is different the the type she has for Zero. Yuuki shows concern and compassion for Zero but her passion seems to be saved for Kanami. Thats how I see it. Oh, and you guys got to get over the incest thing, its not that big a deal in Japanese culture cousins marry all the time, as a matter of fact from what I understand its encouraged. So the fact that Kanami and Yuuki are distantly related doesn't mean anything.

(thought that being said I do have this funny feeling that it will be zero in the end Gag me)
I don't think a person in their right mind would get over the incest thing in today's world. If Zero is emo, then Yuuki is drama queen, and Kamane is drama king but plays it out to be some romantic thing. Tell me which one of these 3 aren't emo or dramatic?

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-04-16 at 09:50.
Old 2008-04-16, 09:43   Link #125
Queeny
<3

what's bother me is ..

the mangka put more attention to zero in this
Story !!

So that's why I'm afraid he's the one That will end up with Yuuki !!
also it's annoying ..always zero zero ...

we only see the sorrow in his eyes and he want to ends his life !! So what next ...

Yuuki crying in the ED of the anime it's doesn't mean that kanami will die ...maybe ,but if u remember the End of the anime Op ..

Yuuki was kissing a hand ..I think it was kanami hand ..so
it's maybe a clue !?!?
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:00   Link #126
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Wow, didn't expect one small observation would stir up this much controversy. At least the manga thread is alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
What are you talking about characters like Kaname always end up with the short in of the stick?...Zero's background and being is by far the most complicated of all character, he was made to stand out. Also his appearance is very different from nearly ever other character....whole thing since the beginning about Zero cannot betray Yuuki has been I think a rather important line.
I've read quite a few manga where the female has been in love with a guy since childhood and at the beginning of the story and pangs for him until mid-story or near the end where she finally realizes she likes the other guy. Based on personality alone, Kaname's type (taciturn, cool, silent emo) don't always get the last stand (i.e. Yuki from Fruits Basket, not the best example). And I correct myself, when there is an almost equal competition between two guys then character's of Kaname's personality usually, but not always, ends short. As far as appearances go, Zero's is not anything special (aside from looking hot ). We have blonds, red heads, brunettes, whatnot. However, I agree that Zero was made to stand out, hence my prediction. I get the impression that he is the main protagonist and that Kaname's role so far feels very antagonistic, if not subtle. Zero is quite extraordinary, even as a hunter, and that is revealed during the flashback when his family was attacked and he was bitten. He sensed Shizuka was a vampire just on looks and he sensed her attack before anyone else. This shows that Zero, even as a human, was quite above average. Zero's background seems to be about the only thing that has been dealt with in detail. Kaname's background and things that occur leading up to that attack on Yuuki's parents that night still remains to be explained - although now it is slowly being revealed. An interesting thing is, Shizuka seeks revenge on the Kiryuu's because she blames them for supposedly annhilating "that man", which I understand later must be her fiance, Rido - and she also seeks her revenge on Kaname because he "killed" Rido then. However, the only thing we see during that night is the Vampire Hunter's sword. Was the Kiryuu really involved or framed?

It was actually Kaname who told Zero you will not be betrayed (and he was referring to Yuuki).
Quote:
...be a lover with HER BROTHER
Kaname is not her brother. Vampire lineages are blood lineages that regard the blood of the one who made you a vampire or who you were born from (like how Shizuka is Zero's 'mother'). If you share your blood with another that comes from the same original vampire, then you are considered siblings. But this is not in the same sense as humans. That's why vampire families are considered clans and not really families. Kaname somehow got adopted by Yuuki's parents and were raised to be Yuuki's adopted brother. I don't think Yuuki really knows that Kaname is not her real brother.
Quote:
And I don't think Zero is upset now, I mean he seemed upset at first, but I think right now he's completely devastated...He acts like a cold person, but we've seen time and time again that he's really gentle.
Right now, Zero is confused. He is upset not only by the fact that Yuuki is a vampire and he felt betrayed but rather where his feelings reside: with his hatred for vampires including Yuuki or finding trust in a friend/love even if she is a vampire. I agree that Zero is quite a gentle soul and he has suffered a lot, but I also think that Kaname suffers almost equally as much. Both characters have their sad history: family killed by vampires and seeking vengeance for the one who murdered them. In Kaname's case, he has to also deal with the ancient council, the survival of his clan and the pacifist treaty between vampires and humans rest on his shoulders, and ultimately he has to make a decision that will be best for the one woman he loves. Like Yuuki once said, Kaname is a lonely soul; and like Shizuka said before her death, wherever he goes there will always be darkness. For whatever his goal is, Kaname has already sacrificed his own happiness but out of a little selfishness he still tries to hold on to Yuuki but in the end he must decide whether to let her go or take her to hell with him.
Quote:
OH come on, who has been the true Vampire Knight throughout the manga? A knight is a protector, who disregards his own being to devote himself to protecting another out of unselfish acts. This should be blatantly obvious....
From your definition of a knight, both Kaname and Zero can arguably fall into that category. But the hard evidence I found does point to Zero.
Quote:
I feel Yuuki love towards Kaname has been out of gratitude, infatuation, and care, but the one she truly loves and wants to be with is Zero.
Yuuki's love towards Kaname does initially seem that way. I don't know if the one she truly loves is Zero. She certainly cares a good deal about him but some of her words and actions speak otherwise.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:32   Link #127
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post

Yuki might just like zero as much as kaname...the thing is she is not concious of it and aso does not fully understand zero's feelings for her. Case in point...when he was in the infirmary...he was about to kiss yuki...at that moment she kept on blushing as that image kept on appearing, she noticed how zero was acting like nothing had happen afterwards and may have come with the conclusion...that it meant nothing for him...she seemed down about it if you ask me. So yeah I think Yuki might love zero more then kaname, hell who knows maybe aside from kaname saving her another reason for her to be smewhat infatuated with kaname is because they both are pure bloods and....I guess the blood in her is calling out for him...but her heart belongs to Zero?
Her crying after leaving the room pretty much seals it up for me, that she loves zero.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:40   Link #128
ThoHell

Advise to Zero: pack your bag and leave! Too much drama. Or he can go do a lot of killing, need more action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Yuki might just like zero as much as kaname...the thing is she is not concious of it and aso does not fully understand zero's feelings for her. Case in point...when he was in the infirmary...he was about to kiss yuki...at that moment she kept on blushing as that image kept on appearing, she noticed how zero was acting like nothing had happen afterwards and may have come with the conclusion...that it meant nothing for him...she seemed down about it if you ask me. So yeah I think Yuki might love zero more then kaname, hell who knows maybe aside from kaname saving her another reason for her to be smewhat infatuated with kaname is because they both are pure bloods and....I guess the blood in her is calling out for him...but her heart belongs to Zero?
Her crying after leaving the room pretty much seals it up for me, that she loves zero.
Yup I felt her leaving the room was a big thing too. Her inner thoughts: "I made up my mind and came", but she got rejected by Zero though...... She felt it natural to be by his side, and always thinking about him, more like her inner being needs to be by his side. Kaname has been an infatuation of hers, but her first and last thoughts are always about Zero.....I wonder why.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-04-16 at 14:12.
Old 2008-04-16, 14:34   Link #129
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Yuuki and Zero: the Princess and her knight. I really don't mind who Yuuki ends up with. I like both Kaname and Zero, and it's just sad that one of them will be disappointed.

Yuuki pairing with Zero pretty much seals the pacifist theory of human and vampire, even though Zero is a vampire; perhaps it should be looked at as vampire hunters representing the human breed.

It probably would be a lot better if Yuuki does go with Zero because the difference between these two and all the others is that they lived on both sides of the world, both as a human and as a vampire. While human, Yuuki learns the compassion and humility of being human which she brings with her when she returns to being a vampire. Zero, on the other hand, learns the agony of living as a vampire controlled by your thirst for blood (and that vampires are really victims for being who they are); it sort of refers back to his question to his sensei in the flashback as to why vampires hunt humans. These two are probably the only ones who truly understand the pains and problems of both sides - and I think that may be what the mangaka is setting up.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-16, 14:44   Link #130
ThoHell

Does it seem like Kaname looks at Yuuki as more of an object than what is in front of him. Or maybe he doesn't, we know he loves her. But he has forced himself upon her several times and not once have regretted it, even though Yuuki was uncomfortable each time. Zero forced himself on Yuuki once, and he was disgusted with himself for it, not only for printing fresh blood but for what he did to Yuuki. He cares, so does Kaname, but Zero thinks of Yuuki (about her feelings and stuff like that), not just think about Yuuki. Does that make sense? I made sense to me, but maybe not to others. Ever since the first time Zero forced himself on Yuuki, she has welcomed him countless times afterward and wasn't uncomfortable, we know it's for his good but Yuuki won't even let Kaname do that without freaking out.
Old 2008-04-16, 19:52   Link #131
RahX

On Yuki's feelings I am also one of those that believes that she truly loves Zero, but her infatuation towards Kaname has blinded her from the truth. The best proof is that the first time that she regained consciouness the first person she thought about was Zero and rushed over to see him, and yeah she might have acted cold towards him but she was also crying.
Another thing to notice is how Kaname acts all possesive towards Yuki, and those types of characters tend to end up alone in these romance stories.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 22:27   Link #132
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
On Yuki's feelings I am also one of those that believes that she truly loves Zero, but her infatuation towards Kaname has blinded her from the truth. The best proof is that the first time that she regained consciouness the first person she thought about was Zero and rushed over to see him, and yeah she might have acted cold towards him but she was also crying.
Another thing to notice is how Kaname acts all possesive towards Yuki, and those types of characters tend to end up alone in these romance stories.
If you remeber the frist thing she thought was Kaname your my brother. After talking to him for awile and after Kaname leaves then she thinks about Zero and goes to see him remebering that he saw her transformation.

My thoughts are this. Zero needs Yuuki more then Yuuki needs Zero. And even Zero told Yuuki that she needed Kaname. In fact several times Zero has pointed out that she cares for Kaname. I think that's important. One thing I will arguu about untill I'm hourse is this, Kaname loves Yuuki deeply. And Yuuki has only shown any kind of passion for Kaname. The Manga has really shown a lot of Zero but know I think were begining to see more and more of Kaname. And now that Yuuki has joined Vampire world I think his influince wil be felt more then ever.

Yo Vinak you jumped over from the Claymore side. Sup dude
Old 2008-04-16, 23:10   Link #133
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Ruka should steal Kaname away. lol. Or Seiren. Or that Pureblood chick(the one w/ looooooooong hair) or some new character. Or just something. Kaname's character seems pitiful he'd been shafted like for almost 4-5 volumes it's all been Zero from the start. >_>.
Old 2008-04-16, 23:30   Link #134
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Although Zero is wonderful in his own right, I think details about him has been done enough - not a lot more to tell. What I want to know more about now is Kaname. After 38 chapters, we really still know so little about him - aside from the fact that he does truly love Yuuki. (And it seems that we weren't the only ones in the dark about the dark knight, his vampire guardians know little about him as well).

After re-reading the entire 38 chapters again (), I get a strong impression that, although Zero also loves Yuuki, his love isn't at the same level as Kaname's. (Oops, did I open another can of worms? )

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-16, 23:36   Link #135
ThoHell

Kaname...is...boring.... The event which occur around him may not be, but he himself is boring. I don't think it would be too entertaining to have him at the center of attention for several volumes. Remove Zero from the sotry and leave everyone else and what do you have? A rather 1 dimension story.

Kaname's love for Yuuki is like obsession, Zero's love for her is just love. Zero wants her to be happy, he puts Yuuki above himself and all else (You can say Kaname puts Yuuki above all else, but he treats her more like a possession instead of somewhat on equal grounds with him(by equal grounds I'm referring to a relationship which takes 2 to work, communication, trust, respect, etc.)). Of course he'll make wrong mistakes because he's not her nor will he know everything that's going on in her head.

I definitely don't like Kaname using some guilt trip to hold onto Yuuki. "Are you going to leave me alone?", as in are you not going to be by my side and make me lonely and suffer?
Old 2008-04-16, 23:58   Link #136
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Kaname...is...boring.... The event which occur around him may not be, but he himself is boring. I don't think it would be too entertaining to have him at the center of attention for several volumes. Remove Zero from the anime and leave everyone else and what do you have? A rather 1 dimension story.

Kaname's love for Yuuki is like obsession, Zero's love for her is just love. Zero wants her to be happy, he puts Yuuki above himself and all else (You can say Kaname puts Yuuki above all else, but he treats her more like a possession instead of somewhat on equal grounds with him(by equal grounds I'm referring to a relationship which takes 2 to work, communication, trust, respect, etc.)). Of course he'll make wrong mistakes because he's not her nor will he know everything that's going on in her head.
Well you certenly feel very strongly about this. Sorry but I have to disagree with you right there. Kaname doesn't think of Yuuki as an object. Sure he has always thought of her as someone to protect. I mean in a world full of dangerous vampires and her without her memory and powers I can see why he acts how he does. Plus he promised Yuuki's parents and his adoptive father that he would protect her. Zero has only recently come to apreciate and value how much Yuuki means to him while Kaname has always been watching over her. And as for him seemingly not thinking of her as on equal grounds.... Untill she changed into a Vampire Yuuki was basicly a child(and she kind of still is). Of course Kaname wasn't treating her like his fiancia, he was waiting for her to grow up. To remeber everything, to Awaken. Before he couldn't tell her he truth because it was safer for her that way.
Old 2008-04-17, 00:07   Link #137
Queeny
<3

hmmm
who know .. maybe in the end no one will end up with Yuuki ...

I'm still thinking that someone will die ...
If Yuuki in The Anime ED was crying it maybe because :

- she finally know her past , but still it's hurt cuz she's a Vampire now and everything changes and she's not like before ...

- zero or kaname died ...

I think the new CH will be out at 22/4 , so only 5 days from now ...

Quote:
Well you certenly feel very strongly about this. Sorry but I have to disagree with you right there. Kaname doesn't think of Yuuki as an object. Sure he has always thought of her as someone to protect. I mean in a world full of dangerous vampires and her without her memory and powers I can see why he acts how he does. Plus he promised Yuuki's parents and his adoptive father that he would protect her. Zero has only recently come to apreciate and value how much Yuuki means to him while Kaname has always been watching over her. And as for him seemingly not thinking of her as on equal grounds.... Untill she changed into a Vampire Yuuki was basicly a child(and she kind of still is). Of course Kaname wasn't treating her like his fiancia, he was waiting for her to grow up. To remeber everything, to Awaken. Before he couldn't tell her he truth because it was safer for her that way.
Indeed
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 00:28   Link #138
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Not telling her her the secrete he may have thought protected her, but she displayed to him several times it was destroying her to not know, but yet he still didn't tell. He was thinking of what was best for Yuuki, but not thinking of her at all. Man sometimes it's hard to put into words what you what to say......

Even now that she has awakend, she didn't mature the slightest bit. Yes her personality took on some new traits, but as to maturing, I think not.

I dind't say think that she's a possession, but rather treats her like one. "Why do you not listen to me?" "Stay here in this room and don't go out""I will be protecting her now"(I a way saying to Zero to back off and I'll take over being by her side).

And the guy has some nerve to, he purposely torments Zero with what he says and how he acts/embraces Yuuki in front of him. "Become my lover and I'll tell you what happened 10 years ago".

And as for him protecting her, sure he has protected her several times, but he was hardly there for most of her life. She is well watched as is, and is doing fine in the world of Vampire without Kaname around. You can say he was busy or the real danger just arrived, but there has been danger since the beginning and lets be honest, he is hardly around for the majority of her life. Yes he's around and she sees him nearly everyday, but the time together is meager.

Oh, by the way, I'm not fighting for a Zero X Yuuki pairing. Just pointing out stuff. I really want Zero to pack his bags and leave the girl behind, a life without a drama queen is...goooooood. Zero is the only character I like, so everyone else eh don't really care, actually Zero's teacher is pretty cool too. Zero just needs to go off and be an action hero! Anime/Manga on the adventures of Zero and let the 2 incest couple do their thing, enough of that bs.
Old 2008-04-17, 00:35   Link #139
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

There's a small clip in chapter 35 that has me confused for a while. At first I thought it was Ichijou who said those lines but it didn't make sense, which was why I was confused. Now that I re-read it again, I realized that there is another person out there searching for Kaname.

Quote: "Is there no other way? I've gotta give up on searching for you. It's always been like that hasn't it?"

Definitely not Ichijou saying that because there's the silhouette of a long haired, cloaked individual. Hmm, seems like it there might be more twists and turns coming later after all.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-17, 00:39   Link #140
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
And as for him protecting her, sure he has protected her several times, but he was hardly there for most of her life. She is well watched as is, and is doing fine in the world of Vampire without Kaname around. You can say he was busy or the real danger just arrived, but there has been danger since the beginning and lets be honest, he is hardly around for the majority of her life. Yes he's around and she sees him nearly everyday, but the time together is meager.
This isn't entirely true. Even after Kaname saved Yuuki from that random vampire on chapter 1 (yuuki was like what? 5/6 yrs old?). He's been constantly visiting her from time to time as said in some flashback in one chapter (can remember what chapter it is). The thing that put distance on their relationship is because Yuuki saw Kaname sucking Rukas blood. (because Kaname can handle his crave for blood anymore and just sucked Ruka's so that he won't suck Yuuki's blood.)

and iirc; Zero came in around 4 years before the start of the story. Making Yuuki like (10-11) yrs old when they met. So as much memory or whatever Yuuki has for zero; it's just on equal terms on Kaname. Just that; Zero has more screentime than Kaname on the manga. >_>.

Tags
manga