AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-25, 23:08   Link #661
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer1 View Post
this month:

Spoiler for some pics of ch.28:
Huwa Rikuo And Saia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I know who is the guy behind Rikkou .
Spoiler for About chap.28:

Tsunade666 is going to cry .
Who's gonna cry?

Spoiler for HuH?HUH?HUUUUUUUUUH?:

HAHAHAHA

Spoiler for .......................:

Spoiler for crack...!:

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Spoiler for departure ready:

Bye Bye My Friends
Old 2010-01-25, 23:56   Link #662
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
I haven't seen the chapter yet, but I have to admit, I honestly laughed when I saw Mugino's shorts.

Still, it's just common sense.
lol wouldn't it be considered common sense to be wearing something more appropriate for what they are doing i.e not a skirt or dress
yea sure enough girls love to look the part, even if hell freezes over they will still be wearing the shortest of mini skirts and thinnest top they can possibly have.
Or in the case of anime, wearing clothes just to look fancy but are completely unsuited for the task at hand e.g Veritas

Well at least Biribiri has the right idea

Just so you know, I just felt like saying so but I don't have a problem with this cause god I love seeing girls fight it out in the the odd attire they don at such times
Old 2010-01-26, 07:35   Link #663
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer1 View Post
this month:

Spoiler for some pics of ch.28:
Rikou & Saiai

Last edited by Marina2; 2010-01-26 at 09:16.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:08   Link #664
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Mugino with shorts? How unsexy.

At least they could wear spats...
Old 2010-01-26, 19:21   Link #665
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol wouldn't it be considered common sense to be wearing something more appropriate for what they are doing i.e not a skirt or dress
Yes, that's true. And Mugino does fight in high heels, (high heeled shoes in the novel, and possibly worse, high heeled boots in the railgun manga) which is about as far from common sense as possible.

So I don't know. Maybe deep underneath that need to be flashy she still has a little bit of modesty tucked away.
Old 2010-01-27, 09:04   Link #666
tsunade666

I dream of a lacy pantsu for mugi! not some shorts. Geez total ruin.
Old 2010-01-27, 09:22   Link #667
B2-Lancer

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun newbie

Greetings.

I'm new to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun which I stumbled over on YouTube and managed to skim the eps there now and then up to ep 15. Since this seems to be the best Toaru Kagaku no Railgun forum anywhere, I hope some here can better fill me in on some points since I don't have the manga (and wish there was a "manga digest" of it if there was because I hear it's really gotten complex now!)

If the manga came before the anime, can a manga reader tell if or where the anime started to affect the storyline or plots of the manga? Do they intertwine?

I liked the "Last Order" spin very much! Is it established that "Last Order" posseses the last thoughts of the other Sisters Accellerator killed, and if so, does the manga or anime hint that their "network spirits" forgave Accellerator (thru "Last Order") for killing them?

Is "Last Order"'s age "frozen" -- in other words, she won't grow from her bio age (age 9 or 10?) since she was prematurely "born"? If so, does that kill off any possible romance spin with Accellerator or are the writers bold enough to run with that?

Has Mikoto met "Last Order" yet? Wonder how she'd feel if Accelleratior's her "Big Brother/Guardian"!

I'd be much be grateful for any insights here!

Thanks!
Old 2010-01-27, 10:31   Link #668
Tabasco

As far as I know, Railgun is supposed to take place before Index in the mangas. In the show, they seem to mix, though I'm not sure how much or what the timeline looks like. I liked LO as well, though I could wish that Accelerator had been just a little slower about deflecting that bullet with his name on it.

As for the rest, a quick Google search should turn up any number of places to read the manga online, answering the remainder of your questions.
Old 2010-01-27, 11:07   Link #669
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
If the manga came before the anime, can a manga reader tell if or where the anime started to affect the storyline or plots of the manga? Do they intertwine?
Since chapter 18.

Quote:
I liked the "Last Order" spin very much! Is it established that "Last Order" posseses the last thoughts of the other Sisters Accellerator killed, and if so, does the manga or anime hint that their "network spirits" forgave Accellerator (thru "Last Order") for killing them?
Yes they did, but sure Mikoto and her fandom still can't forgive him.
Old 2010-01-27, 11:27   Link #670
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
As far as I know, Railgun is supposed to take place before Index in the mangas.
Not exactly. Timeline-wise, the start of Railgun takes place before the start of Index, but they already crossed during the first Railgun arc. The current arc in the Railgun manga takes place right before the first Accelerator arc in Index.
Old 2010-01-27, 13:25   Link #671
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And whats wrong with that? They look great.
Face it. The year of the panties are over. It's the year of the shorts!
Old 2010-01-27, 21:16   Link #672
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
very very few girls wear that kind of underwear in real life regularly.
Old 2010-01-28, 14:58   Link #673
B2-Lancer

Wilfriback, Cubicjack, thanks for the input! It's not a laziness but time/job thing that I can't dip into the mangas as much as like I'd like so your points helped fill the gaps in this series well for me, especially since I hear that you almost need a scorecard to track characters and subplots in the later manga! I also have a thing for Kuroko and think she's a developed enough character already to have her own "spin-off," especially when her powers have a fringe capability of doing more than just jumping space.

> Yes they did, but sure Mikoto and her fandom still can't forgive him.

It think it's interesting fans would loathe Accelerator for taking out Mikoto's clones, especially when they themselves didn't bear a grudge! In fact, I don't think he's done anything illegal (sanctioned by powers that be) at all so far -- not even vandalism which Mikoto specializes in!

I think Accelerator's going to eventually redeem himself via Last Order if she does possess the ability to love, and it'd be a cool trick if the last clone he "killed" manifests herself in Last Order to tell Mikoto to bug off from trying to separate Last Order from Accelerator!
Old 2010-01-28, 15:33   Link #674
babohtea

^If Accelerator actually had to try rather than being so ridiculously strong, I'd like him too.
Old 2010-01-28, 19:31   Link #675
Tabasco

And if he wasn't, you know, a mass murderer.

Call me what you want, but I just can't bring myself to stand someone who knowingly, willingly, and even eagerly wreaked that kind of a bloodbath for no other purpose than his own potential gain. That's war crimes territory there, depending on how you count the Misakas, potentially genocide.

The fact that after he got his head handed to him on a platter he seemed to realize the depth of his wrongs helps, but its called a moral event horizon for a reason.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:33   Link #676
tsunade666

He had murdered WAY before the imouto to begin with if you ask me. That's why his been so feared. The imouto incident is top secret so he will not be famous because of it. His plain old murder before.

If you ask me he looks kenchin himura that throws away his sword to protect the weak BUT
in case of accel he didn't throw it away rather he accepts it as his own self and can't be save anymore and deemed death but still he promise to protect the smile of a single girl.

Wonder will I ever see biribiri and accel meet again.
Old 2010-01-29, 21:33   Link #677
shitashii

FINALLY chapter 27 translated http://www.mediafire.com/?rmjym5z54u3
Old 2010-01-29, 21:53   Link #678
Bordix

Also out in manga browsing sites

Spoiler for 27:
Old 2010-01-29, 22:11   Link #679
BlueDo

Haha,
There's no language like that!

Mikoto fell for so many of Frenda's tricks.
Old 2010-01-29, 22:38   Link #680
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
And if he wasn't, you know, a mass murderer.

Call me what you want, but I just can't bring myself to stand someone who knowingly, willingly, and even eagerly wreaked that kind of a bloodbath for no other purpose than his own potential gain. That's war crimes territory there, depending on how you count the Misakas, potentially genocide.

The fact that after he got his head handed to him on a platter he seemed to realize the depth of his wrongs helps, but its called a moral event horizon for a reason.
Eh. I'm all for redemption, so the current Accelerator I'm okay with. He's just too strong >.<.

But I know what you mean. There are a lot of people who claim that Accelerator wasn't really bad in the beginning. No, that's definitely not true. Maybe after killing the first 5000 he began to have doubts, but there's no question that he willingly began the project.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen