AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-26, 15:50   Link #161
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Onee (the older woman) is shocked that Saki hasn't told him. Maybe it reveals to her that Saki has so little concern for Oosugi and so much for Akira, or else that she is not as close to Akira as she seems.
The "Saki didn't tell Akira about Oosugi because she ha little concern for him" theory fits better, because she did tell him about Ryousuke, who is infinitely more important to her than Oosugi.

So it's not that she isn't close enough to Akira. It's just that the Oosugi issue is just trivial in comparison (to Ryousuke and to everything Saki is going trough at the moment).
Old 2009-05-26, 18:34   Link #162
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have to admit that as much as I am enjoying this show, I haven't previously been a big Kamiyama fan. I have so far only been able to watch a bit of GITS:SAC, and I felt Seirei was about twice as long as it needed to be. Maybe he's starting to flounder a bit here -- although I find the floundering fairly stellar still, myself.

I just rewatched the scene we discussed earlier of the whole gang in Akira's apartment looking at the posted photos. Kasuga says that Oosugi has had a hole in his heart for a long time: this means to me that Saki has previously told him he wasn't for her. When Kasuga talks about the wind finally blowing through that hole, Saki bows her head, realizing that her rejection keeps hurting him.

When Akira asks who Oosugi is, Saki is surprised and chagrined, here at the intersection between her two mutually exclusive worlds, that she never told him; the guys resent his not knowing, since they sympathize more with their rejected friend than with the prince; and Onee (the older woman) is shocked that Saki hasn't told him. Maybe it reveals to her that Saki has so little concern for Oosugi and so much for Akira, or else that she is not as close to Akira as she seems. Not sure.

Then when Kasuga talks about their dinner, Saki realizes (and says so) that it might be the dinner she didn't show up for. When he confirms that, Saki bows her head and sighs, feeling either or both of her familiar "there he goes again" with Oosugi, and her familiar "what a sorry excuse for a human being I am"; Onee bashes Kasuga for so insensitively making Saki feel bad. Micchon is still quite placid: she cares much more about her technology than for any mere human feelings, lol.

Since a lot of this is nonverbal communication, we each may read different things into it. This is what I read.

By the way, I really love the image of the water-filled crater and ruins just after that, in the moonlight, as Akira is riding by. I can really feel the night, and something magical from the moonlight, and even a hint of moist air.
you read it exactly the same way I do. it is scary how well you put every single thing i got from that scane. Not much i can say about that scene as you already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The "Saki didn't tell Akira about Oosugi because she ha little concern for him" theory fits better, because she did tell him about Ryousuke, who is infinitely more important to her than Oosugi.

So it's not that she isn't close enough to Akira. It's just that the Oosugi issue is just trivial in comparison (to Ryousuke and to everything Saki is going trough at the moment).
it has been obvious that Saki doesn't care very much about Oosugi since the beginning, I was really surprised that she called him at all after she stood him up, guilt is a great motivator. I knew this from the beginning when she looked at her cell and saw all the messeges that Oosugi left her. She didn't bother returning one text messege AT all because she was too busy being with akira, a guy she just had met and one any sane girl would have tried to avoid after what happened.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:42   Link #163
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Did no one notice that ohsugi's (however you spell the dude's name) cellphone is different compared to this "rapist's" cell phone? Go to episode 2 (3:16) and episode 6 (9:16-9:22) and compare the two cellphones.

Not the same. Idk why i notice these stupid small details, but i kinda take in a lot of things when im watching for some reason. It just sticks with me :X.

Anyway, hope that helps clear some stuff up? Since i read on page 7 or 6 or w/e that some people were considering that she made an illusion to change his face. As others have pointed out, that would be too many illusions. But i thought showing the difference between the two cell phones is more of a definitive way to prove that they're different people!

Hope it helps !!
Old 2009-05-26, 20:46   Link #164
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Did no one notice that ohsugi's (however you spell the dude's name) cellphone is different compared to this "rapist's" cell phone? Go to episode 2 (3:16) and episode 6 (9:16-9:22) and compare the two cellphones.

Not the same. Idk why i notice these stupid small details, but i kinda take in a lot of things when im watching for some reason. It just sticks with me :X.

Anyway, hope that helps clear some stuff up? Since i read on page 7 or 6 or w/e that some people were considering that she made an illusion to change his face. As others have pointed out, that would be too many illusions. But i thought showing the difference between the two cell phones is more of a definitive way to prove that they're different people!

Hope it helps !!
well, no reason to argue so much. the next episode is soon and we can finally found out for sure. we will see who was right and who was wrong soon.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:47   Link #165
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, no reason to argue so much. the next episode is soon and we can finally found out for sure. we will see who was right and who was wrong soon.
I'm not arguing...just providing solid concrete evidence.

Someone please agree with me haha. I feel like people shouldn't be debating about this. I just put down hard cold evidence. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:48   Link #166
Raiga
tl;dr

Explains why he knew how to use the phone, I suppose.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:01   Link #167
golthin

Quote:
I'm not arguing...just providing solid concrete evidence.

Someone please agree with me haha. I feel like people shouldn't be debating about this. I just put down hard cold evidence. Seems pretty obvious to me.
oh no, I am in the camp of people that believe that the guy in the room was not Oosugi. there is more proof of that. But your theory that the phones are different actually invalidate the fact that the guy was using Oosugi's cell to post messages in the BBS. Remember that the phone you have to look at is the one from episode 6 after he left the restaurant and not the one in episode two. He could have upgraded to a more professional phone as he was job hunting.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:10   Link #168
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Finally watched it, i mean, what's the deal with "johnny"? Why no one can say "penis" i mean, what's the problem, you don't even need to say about it itself, just say "guy", cause the whole conversation between Kuroha and Takisawa was way weeeird with the johnnies...

But it was a nice episode and the way Takisawa got Kuroha was priceless, i'm starting to like this guy.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:17   Link #169
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
oh no, I am in the camp of people that believe that the guy in the room was not Oosugi. there is more proof of that. But your theory that the phones are different actually invalidate the fact that the guy was using Oosugi's cell to post messages in the BBS. Remember that the phone you have to look at is the one from episode 6 after he left the restaurant and not the one in episode two. He could have upgraded to a more professional phone as he was job hunting.
Thing is, that definitely can't be true. I don't know what this "cell phone" theory that you are referring to...but from what i can tell, this can't possibly be the case. Because look at episode 5 (min 20:46)...again another full on screen shot of his cell phone. Not the same one as the one the "rapist" is using in episode 6. So unless you're telling me he was able to get an "upgrade" while drunk and confused...well you get my point.

It can't be a switch because there was like no time for him to do so between episode 5 and episode 6. Just doens't seem plausible...so the cell phone theory doesn't make sense, can you explain to me what it was about?

All i want to say is though...is that the two cell phones are ultimately different. So it's not surprise that the two people ARE different, and that one is not an illusion. Plus as someone poitned out, how else would the rapist know the cell phone so well?
Old 2009-05-26, 21:29   Link #170
~BC~

Quote:

Hope it helps !!
They look to be the same type of phone but not the same colors. Initially I thought it was the lighting that was off but on a rewatch I realized that Oosugi's cell is purple and dark turquoise (digital display). Even with the lighting in the room you can see the phone leaning on the briefcase is actually two shades of purple.

I think most people believe it's not Oosugi but, being dissatified with the reveal, are just tossing around other ideas. I don't hate this episode and I'm open to the possibility that I'll appreciate it more later.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:52   Link #171
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay found another piece of evidence. Look at 20:49 for episode 5. It's the back of his cell phone. Clearly different from the one found in episode 6.

So to sum up all the cellphone evidence i've found...they are:

Episode 2: (3:16)
Episode 5: (20:46-20:49)
Episode 6: (9:16-9:22)

Im pretty sure with all these screens, one can tell they're not the same cell phones. So...i'd have to say im 100% sure they're definitely 2 different people, not the same one covered by an illusion. case solved ;P.

If i'm wrong...i blame it on the animation team!
Old 2009-05-26, 22:12   Link #172
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I forgot one odd thing happened in this eps 7...

How does Juiz make that truck accident?
I think that is one another unsolved mystery here...
Old 2009-05-26, 22:31   Link #173
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I forgot one odd thing happened in this eps 7...

How does Juiz make that truck accident?
I think that is one another unsolved mystery here...
same way hollywood make truck accidents. they have to have some crews all around the world ready for these things.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:31   Link #174
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm sorry but how exactly can you compare an image that show a phone from the front and another that show it from the back? As far I can see the two shapes are close enough to make the theory that the two are the same phone plausible. I'm guessing the only thing that makes you think they are different is the color, however I don't think it is possible to be 100% sure the colors are different because this animation studio proved to make use of different colors depending on the light source. For instance you are comparing an image shot during night under a yellow light and another image shot during the dawn in the shadows.

episode 6 9:16 the phone looks bluish however
episode 6 20:40 the phone looks purple of a pretty similar tone of ohsugi's phone.

This at the very least proves that the same object under a different light is shown with a different color in this anime.

actually looking at episode5 20:48 there's a very brief image of ohsugi's phone back. It can be noticed that there is a small turquoise part on the upper portion, the same turquoise part is shown on the rapist's phone on episode6 20:39.

These two shots are the ones that I would compare since they are under the same kind of light and both show the back. The ones you mentioned aren't as good for a comparison. And the more I look at them the more I think it's the same phone. I'm looking them both at the same time and the colors are perfectly identical. also in both cases the camera is not on the upper portion.

Old 2009-05-26, 22:47   Link #175
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm sorry but how exactly can you compare an image that show a phone from the front and another that show it from the back? As far I can see the two shapes are close enough to make the theory that the two are the same phone plausible. I'm guessing the only thing that makes you think they are different is the color, however I don't think it is possible to be 100% sure the colors are different because this animation studio proved to make use of different colors depending on the light source. For instance you are comparing an image shot during night under a yellow light and another image shot during the dawn in the shadows.
AGAIN. The hole on this theory about the phones is that the reason Oosugi's friends think that the guy sending the text messages to the BBS is Oosugi is becauase the rapist is using his user ID which he is able to do because he has Oosugi's phone. He was also sending the messages without any Kanji and entirely in hiragana because he is typing blindly. Many people can type on phones very fast, but phones automaticly offer you Kanji characters you can choose from after typing the way the word sounds in Hiragana. You need to be able to see the kanji character though.

Don't misunderstand, I believe that the guy in the room was not Oosugi. saying that the phone the rapist has is not Oosugi's, actually doesn't help justify why everyone thought Diana had kidnapped Oosugi and why Akira wasted all that money trying to save him.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:55   Link #176
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah I agree golthin that's the first thing I thought when miroku said the two phones are different, but seeing as how the phones are actually identical (imho) there's not even need to mention a problem that doesn't exist.

Old 2009-05-26, 23:57   Link #177
velvet nightmare

you guys think saki caught on to 'juiz'?

iirc she heard tak speaking to her in earlier episodes
Old 2009-05-27, 00:28   Link #178
~BC~

We'll probably have to wait until next episode (or whenever they have The Talk) to find out.
Old 2009-05-27, 05:39   Link #179
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

this bitch really pisses me off. and it pisses me off further that akira didnt kill her. and she even got a chance to make three super illusions.
Old 2009-05-27, 05:42   Link #180
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hmm? Why does she piss you off so much?
Closed Thread