AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 12:42   Link #17061
Pathis87

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
thanks, i thought that a 1% chance they might fit exist. i just have to keep dreaming they'll release it fir a 144 GNZ series model. thanks for the link, i checked that site while searching but all i found were general pics of the actual model. i must have entered a older URL b4 they put up the revides pics o.O.

what are the percentages for the 2 colours? my mix of the white vatiation is a bit on the darker side missing some white. though i cant bother to redo it. the enamel paint is hard enough to remove and a 2nd coat will kill the panel lines. i used a white gloss 22 and 90 matt beige green, where did those last 2/4 colors go wrong?
white 65%
+ Indy blue 25%
+ Yellow green 10%

white 80%
+ sky blue (dark egg green) 20%
+ black (gloss)
+ sky blue (gloss)

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 14:32   Link #17062
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathis87 View Post
white 65%
+ Indy blue 25%
+ Yellow green 10%

white 80%
+ sky blue (dark egg green) 20%
+ black (gloss)
+ sky blue (gloss)
thank you very much pathis. i think i know where i went off with the white now. ive never really been able to mix paints so they match 100%. its been hit and miss most of the time though ive managed it so its not too obvious. at most you can only tell if you look closely at it. i havent yet tried mixing the turquiose but now i can get it even closer.

i got mr super clear flat yesterday. i tested it out on a sample of the white im using on the garrazzo. its dulled the finish sufficiently. my question how long does it take to frost. imo it hasnt yet shown it but its still white paint i sprayed it on so i cant really tell atm.

Last edited by X207; 2010-03-27 at 14:44.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 19:55   Link #17063
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/...f494828c_o.jpg

No more clear GN Condenser spikes for the Gundam Hammer.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 23:27   Link #17064
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

Eh...no clear part..is it confirmed?? Well at least it has more weapon,can't wait to put those weapon on GNX-III & Dynames kit.
Old 2010-03-28, 05:24   Link #17065
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

The grey parts should betray the fact that the parts shown in the Hobby Japan image are prototype parts. The final painted product already shown a couple of weeks back has the GN Condenser Spikes for the Gundam Hammer.

Edit:

Here's an image of the final painted version of the HG Astraea Type-F.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2010-03-28 at 05:42. Reason: Pardon the attitude
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 05:35   Link #17066
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ah, well then it's all fine now.

It would incredible lame without them.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-03-28 at 05:46. Reason: attitude pardoned
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 08:15   Link #17067
bio9205
Reborn

Anyone with HGUC ReZel, Commander Type or not? I'm thinking of getting one, but with its hefty price tag...
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 09:16   Link #17068
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:

never, go by what the pre-release pictures show until you get a real review or official conformation from bandai about a kit. Like a lot of people here did with the PG 00.
Old 2010-03-28, 11:03   Link #17069
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I think the spikes of GN Hammer shall be clear but not in color.
Old 2010-03-29, 05:05   Link #17070
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I think the spikes of GN Hammer shall be clear but not in color.
I think you're right. The colours seem to be finalised.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 07:26   Link #17071
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89

MG Wing boxart

HG Astraea type F boxart

Look nice

from SRW Hotnews

Last edited by atlans89; 2010-03-29 at 09:11.
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 07:39   Link #17072
RAVNEN

As always Bandai present us with awesome box art. I'm definitely gonna get Astraea TF & of course the I Gundam. If Bandai release MG Tallgeese then i would buy the MG Wing gundam..
Old 2010-03-29, 07:52   Link #17073
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
Everyone do like Tallgeese, I wonder why? And Heavyarms? Guess I'm not fan of Gun-typed Gundam, so I'm more in Deathscythe and Epyon, those with exotic melee weapon type....

Just dig out a little in MAHQ, Tallgeese was designed by Hajime Katoki, any chance this year ver. Ka will be Tallgeese?
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 08:32   Link #17074
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
I like the tallgeese because its a uniqe design and the pilot is required to have skillz in order to pilot it well. Unlike most gundams where the pilots depend on the toughness of the MS. But id love it if they made a MG tallgeese that would be really epic. I dont see them doing that though if anything i think they would make a Epyon before tallgesse.
Old 2010-03-29, 08:42   Link #17075
RAVNEN

As Vektar said,Tallgeese is a unique design,that why i like it a lot. I even bought the Endless Walz version long ago. MG Epyon would be epic,...indeed. Ver.Ka just spell "falling off parts"...:P
Old 2010-03-29, 08:49   Link #17076
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
I like the tallgeese because its a uniqe design and the pilot is required to have skillz in order to pilot it well. Unlike most gundams where the pilots depend on the toughness of the MS. But id love it if they made a MG tallgeese that would be really epic. I dont see them doing that though if anything i think they would make a Epyon before tallgesse.
Piloting tallgeese was like trying to ride a raging bull

you have to spend some time trying tame and master it

it was fascinating to see a pilot spending time working on his skills piloting tallgeese and at the same time studying the gundams that he would once face. I love the tallgease moments in wing, at first it could barely kill a squad of leos because it was so damn hard to pilot but eventually as the pilots skill grew it was able to fight gundams. I would most certainly buy one MG of it.
Old 2010-03-29, 09:02   Link #17077
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Astrea boxart is totally unexpected...was expecting the full weapons pose 1...nevertheless gonna get that 1 ^^
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 10:35   Link #17078
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I've got an important question,has anyone have some trouble with HG Arios's right arm joint being "loose" before?I'm talking about the joint that connects the torso to the right arm,basically [C8+PC1].

Now see,mine got loose so it can no longer hold the arm in a high position anymore[IE Arios canno raise its arm because the joint cannot hold it,not enough friction].

So,I basically I removed the joint [Part C8+PC1],and replaced it from the one in my unbuilt GNHW Arios kit.Not only that,I actually replaced the orange plated shoulder armor as well.I only took Arios's Beam Shield and the white arm from my original part.

Amazingly............the problem still persists.How is that even possible?How can a totally new out of the box shoulder plate and joint cause the exact same problem?My Arios's left arm never gives me the slightest hint of weakness but I open up some new parts for the right arm and it faces the EXACT same problem?There's nothing wrong with the arm and the beam shield either,their not even involved in the connection process,and their certainly not unnaturally heavy.I'm just so puzzled on why the problem still persists..........never replaced a part from a new box to have the exact same problem before.The joint being weak from wear and tear,thats understandable,but to have a new one totally fail you and give you the same problem,its a bit weird.I've also made sure the whole thing is super tight as it can be,not helping much.

Appreciate any additive or insight that can be given on the matter.Its slightly unsettling really.Also for the record,replacing the specific PC1 joint does not help[The joint is fully completed by combining the C8 part from the dark grey runner runner and the P1 rubber component,which is very common],each kit have like 5 or 6 of those each new one I tried seems to be causing the same problem.

There must be something I'm off here......its too coincidential.

With this problem,my Arios's right arm is literally dangling off it.........like a broken's person arm.And if replacing the shoulder and the joints didnt fix it problem........

Also,its not the torso slot either.I've tested the arm while the holding the shoulder to torso joint and the problem persists,so its not due to lack of cohesion of the torso slot.The left arm passes all the tests nicely.

And no,I made sure I didn't accidentally put the old joint and shoulder plates by mistake.I labeled them accordingly.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-03-29 at 11:12.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 12:27   Link #17079
Tormenk

^ I don't have an Arios but in regards to joint loosening, sometimes it's due to the joint the PC is hugging. The left shoulder joint of my HG Sazabi had a deformity which wore out the PC part on it. The right shoulder join was fine so I put it down to a problem with the mold itself. Might be the same with the Arios. Check if there's any and remove it if you find it will enlarge the PC over time. Otherwise I would suggest cutting out a piece of plastic bag to fit over the joint the PC hugs. It's one way to extend the life of loose PC parts.

Not all PC parts are made perfect for their purpose anyway. I had to trim down quite abit of the PC for the MG Astray's upper arm because it was too big and left little space for the adjacent armor to squeeze in.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 13:43   Link #17080
Dynamite

Now, I do have a HG Arios. Its actually always on my desk.
I checked both left and right joints when I built it and just now, and they are very much solid. In fact, I can even say they are perfect.

The points of articulation for this arm is the ball-socket shoulder joint, the "PC-in-part" joint (I guess you can call it that) and the shoulder joint.

Several things might have gone wrong.

Firstly, shoulder joint problem. A) ball is too small/socket is too large. Very common problem. OR B) the socket isn't placed correctly. The socket can go inside the torso and face outwards instead of upwards.

Secondly, "PC-in-part" problem. Couple of problems here. A) PC pieces is too small. OR B) should armor has too big a hole. How to solve this. Take a PC1 part, drop a small amount of superglue on each side. Let it dry. Reassemble shoulder part. Test.

Either way, just lift the arm up to a straight position and drop it steadily. See what part it isn't holding.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy