AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 59 42.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 27.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-17, 16:47   Link #21
raruku

I Love This Series.
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 16:48   Link #22
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Being usual monogatari fashion, I assume Tsuhiki will have lots of screentime in the next book?
Tons and tons.
Old 2012-03-17, 17:12   Link #23
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
9/10, the last point will come when the black/red cuts are replaced with the actual gore.

Otherwise it went as expected, addressed most of the themes and conversations from the first episodes, and set up the mood for the sequels. Only thing left out was Mayoi's state, but I guess this will have to wait for a long time.

Also finally we get to see the teen Kissshot

Oh! and is it me or the budget was depleted by this episode? I noticed too many frames repeating, and more than usual distance shots. Also Shinobu had the same character model as Karen, down to the side ponytail and height

On the other hand, music, acting, backgrounds, atmosphere, direction, and above all the dialogues were simply excellent
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:40   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Teen Shinobu!! Loved her Mr. Donuts jacket. I wish we had gotten to see at least a little bit of her fight against Yotsugi. Despite being considered a mere shadow of her former self by most people, she was still able to kick the ass of such a dangerous being apparently effortlessly. It makes one wonder how monstrously stong Kisshot was.

Kaiki having part of the same club as Kagenui and Oshino was quite a surprise. It's interesting how different their personal philosophies are : Kagenui believes in justice and is "good", Oshino believes in equality and is "neutral", Kaiki believes in money and is "evil". It's a wonder they were all able to get along.

I laughed so hard when Kagenui revealed Kaiki is the one who gave the information about the phoenix. That guy

Koyomi was used as a punching bag once again and resolved the situation with a heartfelt speech. A fitting conclusion to a series that relies so heavily on dialogues, I guess, though I feel they could have just skipped that beat-down... At least it looked like Kagenui had fun.
Old 2012-03-17, 18:09   Link #25
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Simply great. Why is it over already! Need more.
Old 2012-03-17, 18:14   Link #26
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
it felt short.. seriously i want more XD

also that Shinobu!!
Old 2012-03-17, 18:17   Link #27
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

That was excellent, the Tsukihi side of things.

But don't tell me this was the last episode and that's the end of Hitagi?! I'm platinum mad now!
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 18:33   Link #28
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

It seems I really prefer the shorter arcs of this series. 2-4 episodes really did the job for most of the other characters, and even with Araragi's "victory lap" at the start of the series, Karen Bee sort of dragged. On the other hand, I didn't feel Tsukihi's arc was rushed. There really wasn't anything more to say about her immortality after she got bisected by Posed Look, and I don't think there was any reason to drag out the Tornado Tag with Shinobu at the end.

Spoiler for Thoughts on "that" scene:

I thoroughly enjoy all of the Bakemonogatari cast, and Kaiki in particular is a great addition. The only places where things were less than stellar were where you could tell the original story was trying to wind down. I understand that Nisemonogatari ended up not being the last novel, so it's a shame that the whole thing felt like it was coasting in for a landing from the very beginning.

I was pleased to see that Araragi elected to take Hachikuji's advice from episode 1 to heart, and did his part to lead his sisters gently out of the world of the supernatural, like a good big brother. He takes responsibility for them, and we can see that they're good kids being brought up well, so there's not much to worry about there.

I can't say honestly that Nise will stick with me the way Bakemonogatari did, but I enjoyed almost every minute of it, even if it overplayed its hand with the fanservice to the point where I got completely numb to it. It was all brilliantly executed, and often should have been hysterically funny, but it was just so prolific that it lost its impact by the time the Tsukihi arc hit.

I'm looking forward to Kizemonogatari more than ever. Maaya is phenomenal as a refined and achingly beautiful monster of the night, and funny as hell as her loli remnants.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 18:36   Link #29
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Araragi... At least Touma's got that silly catchphrase of "I'll beat that ideals out of you" or something.lol

Anyway, marvelous Shinobu teen form. Finally!! So we've got the loli version, the teen version, now we get to see some MILF version of Shinobu. Gotta love that she caters to all kinds of audiences and their fetishes!
Old 2012-03-17, 18:46   Link #30
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Pretty much what I expected: A fairly rushed conclusion to leave us with a feel good moment to end it all so that we felt that we can leave the series on a high note. As expected, it's not about being fake or real, blah blah blah. Ties are stronger than that. And those speeches, Araragi, give me a break. There were good moments with his sisters though-- the maryr family. You should really be into your fights! But then I guess he kinda bored them to death, so not all was lost. I liked the stage of the last battle-- it feels like some left over stage from the Madoka set.

Designs were nice, particularly that of Super Shinobu-- now, I don't feel guilty anymore esp wearing that donut label on the back of her jacket. However, her badassery was offscreen. :S What the hell? It's not like the story wasn't good here, but the presentation left much to be desired. And trying to sound clever in the last 5 minutes about being fake wasn't needed too much either.

Overall, a good episode, mostly what I expected given the buildup, but underwhelming unfortunately. 7/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-03-17 at 18:56.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:07   Link #31
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Gimme that Mister Donut swag, Shinobu. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:10   Link #32
Hiro Hayase

I also laughed really hard when Kagenui revealed Kaiki was the one who gave the information about the phoenix. Then seeing Araragi's reaction.

Hearing Shinobu's evil laugh was cute and Araragi really looked like a zombie in this episode. Possible foreshadowing for Kabukimonogatari, perhaps? Hitagi looks nice with short, I'm not complaining. Its pretty normal for people to change their hairstyle, it would be usual if they didn't.
Old 2012-03-17, 19:39   Link #33
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Average conclusion to the season. The whole speech about fake vs real was predictable. Araragi decided to kiss his other sister to confirm that he still feels like she's his sister was just face palm inducing (Yeah OK, that's how everybody should do it right?). Best part of the episode was his decision to finally introduce Hitagi to his family (going back to something form episode 1), but that sort of development was not present nearly enough throughout this show. As a side note did anyone notice how awkward the animation looked this episode? It felt really cheap.

Miss clicked the poll, but episode is more of a 6.5/10 which rounds up to a 7.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:09   Link #34
Grey

Ha! So Kaiki and them were all part of the same crew, eh? Cool. And that bit about the value of the real and the indistinguishable fake, and root evil and root good...interesting. I can see Kaiki's point.

Seeing slightly older Kissshot was cool too. I'll be looking forward to Kizu.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:40   Link #35
Shadow5YA

I heard a bit of Ryougi Shiki's voice pitch in teenage Shinobu's voice. Maaya Sakamoto's work is really appealing to my ears.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:39   Link #36
silvercover
Romance Expert

overall, love the series. like some people noted though, some scenes felt underwhelming so im giving it 9/10.
kaiki's definitely one of the more unique bad guys out there. he's not badass nor is he insane nor is he nice but he manages to add humor and some of his words like how "the fake is more than real than the original" was great.

and yep, im now honestly sure araragi is a siscon. he's just making excuses.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:43   Link #37
Dawn
^o^

This series is just so damn good
I gave this ep a 10 just for Shinobu; she's intoxicating. A good ending overall.

What was the reason for the black/red cuts though? Too violent? Too lazy?
I'm not into fighting anime but I was still a bit disappointed.

The fight in Suruga Monkey was drawn creatively without having to censor half of it im sure they're capable. This reeked of invisible snake madness .
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:45   Link #38
Akarin

The last ep was a little disappointing. We didn't even see Shinobu turning Yotsugi Ononoki into a puddle of blood.

It's like Shichika vs Sabi in Katanagatari all over again, we didn't even get to see a single second of it.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Katanagatari
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 22:00   Link #39
sa547
*Author

In disbelief, I was like, "That's all?" O_o
Old 2012-03-17, 22:05   Link #40
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Disappointed in this last episode. Not seeing Shinobu epically kick Ononoki's ass is akin to watching Lakers/Celtics battle to a tie through 6 games then not showing the epic game 7 and just cutting to the Lakers holding up the gold. And to make it worse, the battle is ended with a speech. That's such a star trek cop-out.

Strong beginning, fizzled at the end, 5/10 for this series.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote