AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-28, 01:20   Link #81
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yet if Kagura, being a fake, gets with Mikono at least he would technically be fighting fate and destiny with more legitamency than say Amata who's connection to Mikono is based purely on destiny and fate which goes against the theme EVOL has been pushing lately.
Except Amata fell in love with Mikono at first sight, withough any knowledge of any past lives or anything of the sort, nor does he actually care about it. He also got time to get to know and fall out of love with her. Yet he didn't, he continued to love her on his own, without anyone pushing him to do so. So for all intents and purposes Amata's relationship with Mikono has never been based on destiny and fate. Only Kagura was connected via a one-sided false claim of fate and destiny, only seeing Mikono for a shadow of a false image, and not as herself.

Also for all intents and purposes Mikono has dropped hint after hint that she actually loves Amata, who she actually spent time with and who actually loves her for being her, not Kagura who doesn't even treat her like her own person, and only loves her because of who she was in her past life, from his fake memories of it.

At this point in time if they want to talk about fighting fate (which isn't even a theme, despite what the Zessica shippers say), then having her end up with Kagura would river stomp over the very notion of this theme. Especially since Amata's stance is basically "who cares about what happened 12,000 years ago, who cares about reincarnated lovers, all that matters is today, and the fact that I love you for who you are today."
Old 2012-05-28, 01:26   Link #82
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
It might be this but really no one is handling this scene writing well. Not the japanese viewers or even the chinese viewers. english speaking folks across boards are not taking it well either. Maybe the words dont convey it the way it should be or the tone kaji yuki says it.
Ás I sayd, bad writing.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:28   Link #83
Destined_Fate

First Sight doesn't have the same ring when the whole Destiny thing is hanging over their heads and Amata foolishly saying he'll fight Destiny... Which is stupid considering that if he fought Destiny he would be doing his best to get away from Mikono. I just think the writers kinda failed hard there and if they go with the inevitable Mikono and Amata(Or Amagura) route it wont be well received by viewers unless they can somehow salvage Mikono and Amata in the next 4 episodes which is highly unlikely considering how Episode 22 turned out.

As for Kagura, I fully expect him to actually fall in love with Mikono and just like Jin they'll have Kagura soon after die to build up drama, angst, and to push him out of the way so Amata now has no one in the way of his destined lover. Or have him fused with Amata so Mikono never has to choose or suffer any consequences at all throughout the entire anime.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:37   Link #84
wisteria233

Quote:
First Sight doesn't have the same ring when the whole Destiny thing is hanging over their heads and Amata foolishly saying he'll fight Destiny... Which is stupid considering that if he fought Destiny he would be doing his best to get away from Mikono. I just think the writers kinda failed hard there and if they go with the inevitable Mikono and Amata(Or Amagura) route it wont be well received by viewers unless they can somehow salvage Mikono and Amata in the next 4 episodes which is highly unlikely considering how Episode 22 turned out.
It does when neither characters know or care about who they were twelve-thousand years ago. Also Mikono is a cute girl, of course Amata would be attracted to her, especially since she actually accepted his request for a date, and he can connect and identify with her on an emotional level concerning worries and insecurities more so than any other person in the world, since his mother was taken away. Especially when said is probably the first time that a girl actually expressed something resembling an interest in him. Meanwhile Amata is a nice fairly attractive guy that actually puts forth effort to sweep Mikono off her feet, loves her despite her faults (both real and self conceived), and is the only person who believed in her 100% when she couldn't even believe in herself, also is probably the first person to express that kind of interest in her, of course she would fall for him.

With both characters have plenty of reason to fall for each other on their own, from the first couple episodes alone without destiny even coming into play.

As I told to coming into this episode prepare to be disappointed. Kagura is too fixated on a false image to see Mikono for Mikono or rather he just refuses to do so, since in his mind there is only Sylvie, not Mikono.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:45   Link #85
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
It does when neither characters know or care about who they were twelve-thousand years ago. Also Mikono is a cute girl, of course Amata would be attracted to her, especially since she actually accepted his request for a date, and he can connect and identify with her on an emotional level concerning worries and insecurities more so than any other person in the world, since his mother was taken away. Especially when said is probably the first time that a girl actually expressed something resembling an interest in him. Meanwhile Amata is a nice fairly attractive guy that actually puts forth effort to sweep Mikono off her feet, loves her despite her faults (both real and self conceived), and is the only person who believed in her 100% when she couldn't even believe in herself, also is probably the first person to express that kind of interest in her, of course she would fall for him.

With both characters have plenty of reason to fall for each other on their own.
Which again doesn't have much pull when they did the destiny reference thing with her saying the 12,000 promise upon first meeting(And them turning out to actualy be destined for each other anyway). The writers clearly wanted this to be that destined meeting and I'm sure it got Apollo and Silvia fans all hot and bothered at that time(Don't think they're all that happy now). Though how it's been handled from there and their stagnant state and inability to move forward isn't helping matters at all.

Great that Amata accepts Mikono for who she is, a pity that with Kagura around Mikono refuses to commit to Amata because she can't get that other part of her head. Which isn't very good on her part because it appears like she's fighting, in her heart, which Amata(since they're the same thing) she likes when someone like Zessica loves Amata for who is and could care less if he isn't whole.

Makes me wonder why Mikono left in the first place before the Altair mission. To be useful? Than what the heck was up with this Episode? She was anything but useful and than in the end Kagura takes the cake and she doesn't seem all that dissapointed over Amata getting his ass handed to him yet again? Man, if she was really trying to confess to Amata and be independent the writers really "really" messed up big time with this episode.
Old 2012-05-28, 02:06   Link #86
wisteria233

Quote:
Which again doesn't have much pull when they did the destiny reference thing with her saying the 12,000 promise upon first meeting(And them turning out to actualy be destined for each other anyway). The writers clearly wanted this to be that destined meeting and I'm sure it got Apollo and Silvia fans all hot and bothered at that time(Don't think they're all that happy now). Though how it's been handled from there and their stagnant state and inability to move forward isn't helping matters at all.

Great that Amata accepts Mikono for who she is, a pity that with Kagura around Mikono refuses to commit to Amata because she can't get that other part of her head. Which isn't very good on her part because it appears like she's fighting, in her heart, which Amata(since they're the same thing) she likes when someone like Zessica loves Amata for who is and could care less if he isn't whole.

Makes me wonder why Mikono left in the first place before the Altair mission. To be useful? Than what the heck was up with this Episode? She was anything but useful and than in the end Kagura takes the cake and she doesn't seem all that dissapointed over Amata getting his ass handed to him yet again? Man, if she was really trying to confess to Amata and be independent the writers really "really" messed up big time with this episode.
Except that Mikono was just quoting the movie, she wasn't actually saying the line in reference to Amata at all (she outright says so). Heck Amata recognizes the line from the movie as well. You're really drawing at straws with that one.

Except where has Mikono showed anything resembling love towards Kagura? Someone asked you to provide the evidence for the claim and yet you still haven't done, so, even after people who ship Kagura with Mikono pointed out that the claim was baseless. So unless you've been watching some alternate version of Aquarion that no one else but you has seen, your claim just isn't true. Also Mikono outright said that the reason why she doesn't express herself towards Amata is because she's afraid of getting hurt, not because she's torn between Kagura and Amata (which again she's shown absolutely no sign of).Also I wouldn't exactly call Zessica's love for Amata pure, as we don't even know why she fell for him, since even back then he's never treated her as anything more than an acquittance and a comrade in battle.

Its been established time and time again that Mikono has no combat ability, if Kagura wanted to take Mikono there is literally nothing that Mikono can do to stop him, Kagura knows this, Mikono knows this, and Amata certainly knows this, which is why he knows that whenever Kagura gets his hands on her he has to get her back.
Old 2012-05-28, 02:15   Link #87
Destined_Fate

Still doesn't change that they're "Destined" for each other and having her say that made it clear that's what the writers wanted to push as far as their relationship is concerned. So again, this goes against what EVOL has been pushing lately and that's "Defying fate/destiny" which Amata sure as heck isn't doing since he's following Mikono around like a lost dog wanting some scraps. So no, I'm not drawing straws here.

Yet when has Mikono shown any amount of concern that rivals the one she has shown Kagura? Oh right, Amata's almost killed by Kagura again ?Best not to say anything. Oh wait, Amata is fighting back and has a gun now? Better shield Kagura! Than recently... Amata getting his ass handed to him and what does Mikono do about it? Exactly. So excuse me if I don't see her showing all that much love to Amata compared to Kagura considering what has happened thus far. And again with you doubting Zessica? We know why she loves him, she literally fell in love with him over multiple episodes. It wasn't something cheesy like "Fate" or "Lol, our eyes met even though we're strangers! Destiny?!" they actually drew it out over multiple episodes. That's what makes it more real and understandable than what has been done between Amata and Mikono.

Yet she didn't even try. At least before she did try but this time after Amata was curbstomped she doesn't try nor does she look unhappy. That has nothing to do with combat ability since she has already demonstrated in the past that she knows how to at least put up a fuss yet strangely there's no fuss here.

And I swear if they have Amata scream at the top of his lungs Mikono~, considering how things turned out he should be angry not crying over her, again there will be hell to pay.
Old 2012-05-28, 03:30   Link #88
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Actually a lot of people seem to be giving a damn since Amata is being hated on very harshly for saying something cold like that to Zessica considering that she literally almost died for his sake. As for C.C.... I really didn't care but I'm not much of a C.C. fan so I can't comment on that.
It is a purely sarcastic note (like most of my posts). "We" is meant to expose the creators' mindset : they don't care about quality.

I never liked Amata but after this 22th iteration of him doing his best to sound like a broken record, I snapped.

As for C.C., I'm not a fan of her either but the way the plot was handled with her amnesia was insulting as far as viewer's intelligence was concerned.
Old 2012-05-28, 03:31   Link #89
Ypocaramel

Mykage's preview narration is hilarious. Just like a date line.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:00   Link #90
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Amata is the worst/most annoying/heartless main character in a kawamori show PERIOD. At least Basara was awesome in the final episode.

On the other hand, Mykage is one of his best villains.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:01   Link #91
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
It is a purely sarcastic note (like most of my posts). "We" is meant to expose the creators' mindset : they don't care about quality.

I never liked Amata but after this 22th iteration of him doing his best to sound like a broken record, I snapped.

As for C.C., I'm not a fan of her either but the way the plot was handled with her amnesia was insulting as far as viewer's intelligence was concerned.
Than my apologizes. There are others here that are quite serious and have said similiar things such as that(and meant it) and one has resulted to stalking me, and making snappy comments directed at me, to try and get on my nerves but failing at that as well.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:02   Link #92
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Having seen the ep now, it's actually not bad. It's quite lively and fun.

- Kagura's sudden plot knowledge is quite odd...
- And I honestly have no idea what's going on with his language at this point. Was he saying that he hates Mikono's smile or something? Seemed like he wasn't only talking in reverse.
- It's a pity Mikono didn't get a more active role, but in that situation there wasn't much she could do. Couldn't get down from the place she landed, couldn't get away from Kagura when he grabbed her. All she could do is yell at them to stop fighting. Sucks, but there it is.
- Amata isn't cold to Zessica, is happy she's alive, and also thanks her. Good to see that the rumours weren't true.
- Shrade get plenty of attention, and his scenes with Crea are very cute. (Also...Crea has fangs! And licks blood? Well, now we have an even better guess who she's a reincarnation of.)
- I loved the creepy dream scene with Zessica and Mykage.
- Yunoha arriving in the battle was seriously cute.
- It looks as if Fudo was suggesting we'll be having an Amata-Kagura merge ending. Not sure whether I like that or not. Kagura didn't seem a sympathetic character this ep.
- Kagura always being able to beat up Amata badly is getting a bit old. He's quite overpowered. But then, that was needed in order for the dramatic declaration scene and Amata finally getting his wings going. There has to be a threat.

Mykage has been such a fine villain that I'm really looking forward to the next episode to find out what makes him tick. What's he really after, and who's the person he hates? I'd rather like it to be Apollonius or Fudo...

It's interesting to see the effect on Vega. Perhaps at the end, we'll be seeing both worlds merged, if only one of them can live at a time.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:11   Link #93
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Another problem is Kagura or the dark half of Amata if Apollo initally rejected the fact that he is apollonius's reincarnation suddenly is all hey the only reason i love smelly wench cause she is reincarnation just rubs me off wrong. Apollo was not a retard regardless of his behaviour. He choose to love his barbarian amazon princess as silvia. so suddenly half of his soul claiming that he likes mikono cause of destiny is also BS.
It also annoyed me. And I was once a KaguraxMikono supporter.
It was way better when it was just his falling for her over her stinkiness. It's probably just a cheap way to foil Amata feelings for Mikono, but it fells flat considering those didn't evolved past his falling for her in 2 seconds during their first meetings. Talk about knowing her. XD

Am I the only one annoyed at the way Mikono was objectified. Mikono is the ring of LoTR. Super powerful artefact with no will which people wants to possess and obssess over.
Amata is Frodo and Kagura is Golum. All for the girl who wants to change herself and be useful. :S
Old 2012-05-28, 04:13   Link #94
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
- And I honestly have no idea what's going on with his language at this point. Was he saying that he hates Mikono's smile or something? Seemed like he wasn't only talking in reverse.
He said earlier that he only talks in reverse to Mikono, but apparently even then he doesn't talk fully in reverse. (Ie. "I missed you" but then "I'm gonna kill you all night long"...) I still say they didn't really think this through. ^^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Mykage has been such a fine villain that I'm really looking forward to the next episode to find out what makes him tick. What's he really after, and who's the person he hates? I'd rather like it to be Apollonius or Fudo...
As far as I'm concerned Mykage is one of the best things about this show, certainly the best thing that is consistently good. You can tell Nakamura Yuuichi is having tons of fun with him. (I want the target of his grudge to be Fudou simply because I want them to have something more to do with each other. ^^;; They have great chemistry.)
Old 2012-05-28, 04:18   Link #95
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He said earlier that he only talks in reverse to Mikono, but apparently even then he doesn't talk fully in reverse. (Ie. "I missed you" but then "I'm gonna kill you all night long"...) I still say they didn't really think this through. ^^;;

As far as I'm concerned Mykage is one of the best things about this show, certainly the best thing that is consistently good. You can tell Nakamura Yuuichi is having tons of fun with him. (I want the target of his grudge to be Fudou simply because I want them to have something more to do with each other. ^^;; They have great chemistry.)
Yeah, it's a headache...It's too hard to know what Kagura really means. I'd forgotten he only talks in reverse to Mikono; that clears up a few things anyway.

It's always the most fun to play a villain. I wish I could have a job playing Mykage-type villainy! He really is great villain material. I suppose I should be worried about the ending of the series and us finally finding out more about Mykage, because as you say, he's been so consistently great in this show. It would be a tragedy to mess him up.

Fudo would probably be the best choice. They're definitely depicted as opposites, and they've known each other for ages. Here's hoping they'll have some choice interaction before Aquarion is over with. There's plenty of time for it still.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:38   Link #96
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I really fucking hate Mikono.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:50   Link #97
pingva

Nothing has changed since the last time Kagura tried to kidnap Mikono. Basically it's already for me boring to look at how two obsessed guys fight for a girl who does nothing. Since the first episode nothing has changed. The only parts that is saving this episode to be a complete borefest are Mykage, Zessica and Shrade.

Wow Amata's reaction to Zessica's "revival" on the same level as Kagura's not caring about anything in the world except Mikono.

Mikono could at least try to talk with the two guys, you know, they both like her, so they really would try to listen to her or she could threaten them that she is going to kill herself. Instead she has done nothing.
Old 2012-05-28, 04:59   Link #98
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post

Wow Amata's reaction to Zessica's "revival" on the same level as Kagura's not caring about anything in the world except Mikono.
In a way it's hillarious. (And I'm a Zessicafag). I knew she'd better have stayed dead, that would have spared her the insulting LOL! U alive ! Cool. But it was so outrageaous, it actually made me laughed.
At this point I'm gladly going to accept whatever nasty stuff Mykage has in store for Amata using Zessica. He deserves some sufferings from her hands.

Thankfully we can always count on Mykage (and Shrade) who never disappoints unlike the rest of the relevant cast. Mykage the one I'm rooting for now.

Kawamori's trolling has been successful !!XD

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-28 at 06:50.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:12   Link #99
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
at first, i was like yay! the original Aquarion is back, then NOOOO!! when it got kidnapped like a defenseless little nekomimi twintailed loli, no, i'm not comparing the Aquarion with a loli....

& did it revert back to its normal size? the last time i saw it that it was stuck in its giant form......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-05-28, 08:58   Link #100
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It also annoyed me. And I was once a KaguraxMikono supporter.
It was way better when it was just his falling for her over her stinkiness. It's probably just a cheap way to foil Amata feelings for Mikono, but it fells flat considering those didn't evolved past his falling for her in 2 seconds during their first meetings. Talk about knowing her. XD

Am I the only one annoyed at the way Mikono was objectified. Mikono is the ring of LoTR. Super powerful artefact with no will which people wants to possess and obssess over.
Amata is Frodo and Kagura is Golum. All for the girl who wants to change herself and be useful. :S
Mikono was like a gold medal for the wnner. sitting on top of the tower and everything. personally i don't care for her.
Closed Thread