AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-06, 02:57   Link #261
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Too bad that he is a Dorssian and it have to be a Dorssian who ended her first "real" friend's life. Maybe in a friendlier and much nicer circumstance, I might accept it...
I really don't care about Aina that much, and while I think Saki really liked her, I don't think she was that close to her. And the initial hatred and predjudice between the two is what makes the pairing more interesting. Miri wouldn't have been half as interesting with Dearka, if Tolle, her boyfriend/fiance hadn't been killed by a Zaft soldier first. That initial hatred, was what made it all the more sweet when she eventually fell for him in the end. (I don't care about Destiny...-_-)

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 03:00   Link #262
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I really don't care about Aina that much, and while I think Saki really liked her, I don't think she was that close to her. And the initial hatred and predjudice between the two is what makes the pairing more interesting. Miri wouldn't have been half as interesting with Dearka, if Tolle, her boyfriend/fiance hadn't been killed by a Zaft soldier first. That initial hatred, was what made it all the more sweet when she eventually fell for him in the end. (I don't care about Destiny...-_-)
One of the few things I liked about SEED was the relationship between those two characters. And it was for the exact same reasons you just mentioned. I guess I could just think of this as that, but with better looking characters.
Old 2013-12-06, 03:16   Link #263
bones

What Haruto said was he loved her then after that he said he loves her and that it's going to stay that way. The first statement and the second statements don't exactly inspire much hope in me for this pairing.
Old 2013-12-06, 03:25   Link #264
username31

if haruto alive in the end
both ship still can sail as long as Shoko is a human...she will get old and die...
while haruto will forever young with Saki...

the haruto x saki ship will sink only if Shoko turn into a kamitsuki too...as long as Shoko is a human...harutoxsaki ship still can sail...
Old 2013-12-06, 03:30   Link #265
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by username31 View Post
if haruto alive in the end
both ship still can sail as long as Shoko is a human...she will get old and die...
while haruto will forever young with Saki...

the haruto x saki ship will sink only if Shoko turn into a kamitsuki too...as long as Shoko is a human...harutoxsaki ship still can sail...
Saki shouldn't have to play second fiddle, no matter how old she gets. She's better than simply "rebound girl".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 03:47   Link #266
amethystjewel

^True. Haruto clearly said it himself that Shoko will always be the one. Even Kyuuma knows that. Therefore, ending up with Saki would be rather cheap on their relationship seeing that it would probably end up one-sidedly. Saki doesn't stand a chance against Shoko for Haruto. But I do hope that Saki will find somebody else. Prime candidate would Adrei.

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic221725_7.gif
Old 2013-12-06, 04:13   Link #267
LightDragonman

I see.

I still think Saki's the better match for him though, especially since she can relate to his condition and the fact that she is also willing to share his burden.

With that said, I do think that the next few episodes will clarify her feelings for him, and vice versa. Considering that she and A-Drei will probably meet up with him and L-Elf, the answer will come then.
Old 2013-12-06, 04:17   Link #268
username31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Saki shouldn't have to play second fiddle, no matter how old she gets. She's better than simply "rebound girl".
not really as second fiddle since she already got all his firsts...not really a rebound girl since Haruto never her so she's not getting dump only devoted to the man she loved...i can see that coming if she really love haruto much...

and if that Kamitsuki and Human can together in relationship is another naivete
again as long as Shoko is Human Haruto x Saki ship will still sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
^True. Haruto clearly said it himself that Shoko will always be the one. Even Kyuuma knows that. Therefore, ending up with Saki would be rather cheap on their relationship seeing that it would probably end up one-sidedly. Saki doesn't stand a chance against Shoko for Haruto. But I do hope that Saki will find somebody else. Prime candidate would Adrei.
well Haruto said He loves Shoko but he never said shoko will only one he loved his whole life so there is still chance with Saki...its not like Haruto doesn't like Saki at all, He did consider to marry her before... with time love will grow and i dont see very deep love Haruto has for Shoko atleast not as deep as L-elf x Lieselotte...
and why is some people force this Saki x A-drei very much if people question Haruto will love Saki or not but not consider if Saki and A-drei ever have romantic feelings for each other...as i see A-drei only want L-elf information from her
and again a kamitsuki x human that except in naivete of mind won't have a future...
should choose a kamitsuki partner for Saki, poor her if she will lonely in the future...
i ship Akira x Yamada, beside their interaction also because they have future...
Old 2013-12-06, 04:33   Link #269
amethystjewel

Nah. Seeing as Haruto always end up being guilt-ridden, it would make it even worse. Plus, sharing burden doesn't necessarily mean that Haruto will fall for Saki. From what I see, Haruto remains true to his feelings since the beginning of this series. Please don't get me wrong. I originally liked l-elfxshoko and harusaki but the relationship between haruto and shoko is really impactful and strong from my perspective. Their relationship shaken badly this episode but I'm pretty sure that it will be sorted out.

Old 2013-12-06, 05:49   Link #270
username31

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
Nah. Seeing as Haruto always end up being guilt-ridden, it would make it even worse. Plus, sharing burden doesn't necessarily mean that Haruto will fall for Saki. From what I see, Haruto remains true to his feelings since the beginning of this series. Please don't get me wrong. I originally liked l-elfxshoko and harusaki but the relationship between haruto and shoko is really impactful and strong from my perspective. Their relationship shaken badly this episode but I'm pretty sure that it will be sorted out.
in many shows i watch male character always feel comfortable and end up fall with girl he can share burden with despite that guy love her at first or not, especially when the guy can't be together anymore with the girl he loved before because she's died or other reasons and consider how we can see Haruto and saki getting closer fastly since she knew his secret and became a pilot (in only several month their relationship turn into more than a friend less than lover) i can see that happen; in ep 2 when saki hug haruto he freak out and push her, in ep 5 he let her kiss him until she finished not try to push her at all in ep 11 even not consider how shoko will feel he proposes to marry saki...luckily saki rejected him...what if saki accepts him...i question haruto true love for shoko...it is the first love childhood thing as she is the only girl he close with since his childhood...the closer you feel more than a friend it that seem sibling love than romantic love, you know you will love your family forever...

Last edited by username31; 2013-12-06 at 06:02.
Old 2013-12-06, 06:15   Link #271
amethystjewel

The reason haruto didnt consider shoko when he proposed to saki was because he feels that he's a monster and doesnt deserve shoko. I read saki's manga and she only rejected him after hearing that he wants to take responsibility for his actions knowing that he still loves shoko. Saki knows this and thats why she rejected it. After watching this episode, I am convinced that haruto loves shoko as a woman he wanted to be with. His convictions of his love is clearly seen by his eyes and voice. Kyuuma reaffirms this.

Old 2013-12-06, 06:24   Link #272
kivredia

Well, things can always change. Also there's still the promise and the locket which was shown, so I won't write anything off. Personally I hope L-Elf and Haruto follow Suzaku and Lulu and the romance subplot just becomes non-relevant.
Old 2013-12-06, 06:39   Link #273
mayumi

That locket in the future is most likely A-Drei's. Whatever interaction we will see of Saki and A-Drei will be more detailed in the manga, IMO. THey have only given us snippets of it because they can expand it in the manga.
Old 2013-12-06, 07:48   Link #274
Frozt

Why is everyone trying to ship SakixA-drei, they have no reason to love each other at all. Just because there is interaction between the two, that doesn't mean they'll love each other. This is so similar to CG when Kallen was captured and Gino was talking to her... I think Saki knows that if Haruto really loves her, he will come to rescue her like he did with Shoko in due time... If he fails to do that, she will know that he doesn't really care for her and will probably disregard his feelings.. As of now though, I still think its ShokoxHarutoxSaki with no other alternates except for ShokoxL-Elf.. Even if they fall in love, that doesn't mean HarutoxSaki will also..
Old 2013-12-06, 10:16   Link #275
LightDragonman

Has A-Drei been shown to have a locket?
Old 2013-12-06, 10:17   Link #276
Fjoergyn

Emotional Dependency, There's the key to the relationship of the four characters.

The failure of the characters is the crux of the plot, someone else as motivation to fight, as a column to hold your misery.
Old 2013-12-06, 10:53   Link #277
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Has A-Drei been shown to have a locket?
No, but he's the most likely to have it. We've never seen him without his uniform or some form of formal dress on. The locket is pretty ornate and something that the ex-prince of Dorssia might have, especially if it has emotional significance.

I really can't see Haruto having it. We've seen him laid bare before and he's never had as much as a momento, let alone some keepsake locket.

L-elf might have one, but we've never seen him wearing it, and I doubt he would give it to Saki. And Shoko's never been seen wearing one either. Also, since none of our main JIOR cast is allowed back on Earth again without facing hostile forces, I'm doubting anyone has time to buy it from the store.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 11:14   Link #278
LightDragonman

So what exactly is the promise that Saki is gonna make? To keep fighting or something?

Who knows. It could just be that she's holding onto the locket to remember the original founders of the 3GE or something. It doesn't exactly mean that she and A-Drei fall for each other. Heck, the locket could be Lise's, which was held onto by L-Elf, and he gives it to her before dying to remember why they are fighting or something like that.

Or at the very least, it contains a picture of happier times before she and the rest became involved in all this chaos. The next episodes will have to explain this,
Old 2013-12-06, 11:15   Link #279
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
text

Lots of speculation, I mean it could also go Gundam SEED Route with Shouko dying and Saki giving Haruto the locket(come back alive kind of thing). I pretty much expect him to die so she might retrieve it if it's death from rune deprivation with the body/VVV intact.

Maybe it's also some kind of group photo? Lockets are also used for very close family members(not necessarily spouses). They could have some final moment for the whole grp before the grande finale and she remembers her "family" who are all gone now.(kind of like this idea)

This is VVV, so any kind of curve ball is possible.

Edit: Just saw your post, seems we got the same idea.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:01   Link #280
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Why is everyone trying to ship SakixA-drei, they have no reason to love each other at all. Just because there is interaction between the two, that doesn't mean they'll love each other. This is so similar to CG when Kallen was captured and Gino was talking to her... I think Saki knows that if Haruto really loves her, he will come to rescue her like he did with Shoko in due time... If he fails to do that, she will know that he doesn't really care for her and will probably disregard his feelings.. As of now though, I still think its ShokoxHarutoxSaki with no other alternates except for ShokoxL-Elf.. Even if they fall in love, that doesn't mean HarutoxSaki will also..
Well Saki has gone through a lot of suffering and Haruto has ignored her completely since she rejected his marriage proposal. So it isn't strange that some want Saki to be happy and A-Drei seems to be sympathizing with her so that may end up becoming a thing if he breaks her out.
Closed Thread