AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 00:07   Link #1581
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Having access to the Professor allows Mai to be involved with the others, thus openning more routes for trolling. She doesn't need to troll the Professor, just to be in a good place to continue her trolling of Mio and Yukko....and maybe Nano.
Old 2011-09-05, 00:59   Link #1582
ykf566

I thought Mai's actions were genuinely sincere. She didn't unleash her dogs so they could do they did, and she didn't even know that they bit Yuuko and Mai, not until this episode at least. She probably went to apologize, or something along those lines.

I thought the weather was a nice touch, symbolizing of Mai and Hakase's "stormy" relationship. It starts off raining, and clears up when she gets befriended. And nice rainbows towards the end. Notice also when Mai says "okay" three times they get more sincere, though that was nice.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 01:18   Link #1583
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The highlight of this episode probably on Sakurai-sensei, probably the most adorable adult in the history of anime (*press "replay" on her getting throw out of the room...*). Then quite surprised to see Mai's having a sincere side....

Mio saw her life flashing back in front of her. )
Akiko got an opponent on jam making at last, except Mio's sister here did it purely to troll. But thank to that, now we finally know the connection between Mio, Kojiro and the 'gundere'

Damn... i miss Horie Yui and her voice.....
Old 2011-09-05, 03:10   Link #1584
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mio's sister hasn't prefected the Akiko jammu yet...Mio's reaction was too strong (typical reaction to the Jammu is crying and the inability to remove one's mouth from the bread it seems)...or maybe it is because no one wants to offend Akiko...but perhaps that is the secret....fish jam.
Old 2011-09-05, 04:48   Link #1585
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Things are getting more sentimental around. I like how Kyoani is just throwing away money with those zooming shot at the school, and how Sakamoto Kazuya ties multiple skits up very neatly. I also liked the scene where Mio's life flashed through her eyes. The raining gave the whole episode a very nice atmosphere. Looking forward to a big budget finale.

Also like how the photo manage to capture those sweat drops Sakurai-Sensei keeps releasing.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 05:05   Link #1586
black_star
How should i say it?

This episode is one of the better episodes of nichijou.

Especially on chapter 99 and 100, the zooming shot is just right. And i love the fact that the igo-soccer club finally started.

I loved Yui Horie's voice as the narrator! And, is there any one of you that understood the meaning of this episode's like love? I still don't really understand, though.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 07:12   Link #1587
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Like Love was explained to me as being one of the standard Japanese school grading marks...with triangle being "maybe"...as in not correct but not incorrect. Essentially the man doesn't want to give a yes or no answer, possibly to not hurt her feelings...or get her hopes up if she's borderline with her test score. (I'm assuming entrance exams).
Old 2011-09-05, 10:04   Link #1588
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Like Love was explained to me as being one of the standard Japanese school grading marks...with triangle being "maybe"...as in not correct but not incorrect. Essentially the man doesn't want to give a yes or no answer, possibly to not hurt her feelings...or get her hopes up if she's borderline with her test score. (I'm assuming entrance exams).
I think the triangle means "half correct",and the circle is "correct". But yeah i have troubles understand the segment completely also
Old 2011-09-05, 13:52   Link #1589
broken270
Defying gravity

I think the mystery of Akiko's jam has been solved in this episode.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 20:21   Link #1590
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The episode effects seemed fairly advanced for a weekly comedy show.
Is KyoAni showing off?
Old 2011-09-05, 20:29   Link #1591
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think the triangle means "half correct",and the circle is "correct". But yeah i have troubles understand the segment completely also
Ah, I see. I figured it meant something like "third place."

Didn't even know I was missing anything.
Old 2011-09-05, 20:42   Link #1592
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The second half (after Nano went to school) of this anime is much better than the first for me
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 20:56   Link #1593
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A very good episode though once again being Yuuko is suffering .

All the stuff around Sakurai-sensei was good, Mio's sister's jam too, and rainy day at school, and Mai was interesting around Hakase. One of the best episodes for the series I'd say.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 17:38   Link #1594
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The highlight of this episode probably on Sakurai-sensei, probably the most adorable adult in the history of anime (*press "replay" on her getting throw out of the room...*)
If anyone can make a .gif of Sakurai-sensei being thrown out and bouncing, I would love them forever; it's only a shame I don't have cute high school photos to trade.
Old 2011-09-06, 23:54   Link #1595
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sakurai-sensei is too cute
(thank 4chan's J for these)

And just her bouncing.
Old 2011-09-08, 14:47   Link #1596
Midonin
Last Engage

Almost six months, and it's gone nearly uncommented on, but besides the Wonderland-esque atmosphere this world builds (and, like many KyoAni worlds, it is a rich world), I like the name of the city where this all takes place. Tokisadame. 時定. Or, roughly translated into English, "The Law of Time". It's such a profound name for such an intrinsically silly show. Bathos at its finest.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:01   Link #1597
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

I still haven't seen episode 23, but I think I've only just now figured out what those semi-blurred interludes are all about. KyoAni put cameras in random places like vending machines, offices, balconies, and just filmed scenes happening. Then they animated over the footage. This is probably painfully obvious, but I was like "whoa!" It was the elevator and vending machine that finally tipped me off.
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 16:54   Link #1598
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably. They added there own little touches as well.
Consider the car accident scene in Kanon...that was a reanimated accident from the United States...(the guy in the cross-walk survived by the way). It was pretty much frame for frame from the traffic camera for the movements. I think they changed the car types a little to fit the area and of course changed the pedestrian.

But KyoAni has been very, very good at animating background art so that it looks like a picture, without it seeming like they traced it or rotoscoped it in. It rivals some of the really good Disney backgrounds from say Fantasia or the like (full budgeted movies).
Old 2011-09-10, 00:07   Link #1599
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
This episode pushed Sakurai over the edge for me. I am now a fan.

I will never understand Mai. One of the most random characters ever.
By Sakurai, you mean Sakurai the Igo Soccer Kid, right? He's so awesome lol.

His sister is cute etc. but the boy is more interesting as a person.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:11   Link #1600
nojay
Scanlator

Spoiler for episode 24 easter egg:

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life