AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: So how good is it?
10 7 17.50%
9 12 30.00%
8 12 30.00%
7 9 22.50%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-06, 23:06   Link #41
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Too bad we have no war3 demon hunter in this game.

TBH, I'd almost expect Arthas to make a guest appearance. Would be cool... and would fit to.
Old 2008-08-07, 02:50   Link #42
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
I stop playing guilty gear competitively after the dreamcast version
Is that Guilty Gear X? That game is so broken with FCD, mist trap and disk trap. I used to play that game a lot though.

BTW I tried SC4 online last night for the first time against mostly 3 bar players and the lag sucked really bad. My guy just stood there and get hit when I tried to block or side step. Plus most of the moves don't come out when I want them to. There must be like a 0.5 sec input delay.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 10:29   Link #43
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Anybody see the Ivy infinite yet?
Tripfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 11:06   Link #44
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Someone posted it earlier in the thread.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 19:30   Link #45
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
Is that Guilty Gear X? That game is so broken with FCD, mist trap and disk trap. I used to play that game a lot though.

BTW I tried SC4 online last night for the first time against mostly 3 bar players and the lag sucked really bad. My guy just stood there and get hit when I tried to block or side step. Plus most of the moves don't come out when I want them to. There must be like a 0.5 sec input delay.

PS3 or Xbox Live?
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 04:33   Link #46
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

The game is very well done. I am REALLY disappointed in teh story mode though. That should have got a lot more detail, especially since it was so well done in SCIII. I like all the characters (and who doesn't love the return of Nightmare and his awesomeness?) I have been playing the Soul Calibur series since Soul Calibur II, and it never has disappointed me. 8/10 due to lack of a detailed story that the SC games have, and The Apprentice being WAY unbalanced. Thankfully Darth Vader isn't in the same boat. Vader fits in really well with his move set.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 09:42   Link #47
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I hear everybody say the aprentice is unbalanced. He is barely mid range if you ask me. Only 2 characters stand out and those are Sophitia and Cassandra. =o
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 09:46   Link #48
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I hear everybody say the aprentice is unbalanced. He is barely mid range if you ask me. Only 2 characters stand out and those are Sophitia and Cassandra. =o
Mid-Ranged? He combos so many attacks that it is nearly impossible to keep up with him. He is hard as hell to use, but if someone mastered him, he would be unstoppable due to his speed, abilities, and combo attacks. I NEVER had so much trouble in Soul Calibur matches (as in the entire series) till I faced The Apprentice in Arcade Mode here.

And how are Sophitia and Cassandra unbalanced?

Voldo is more unbalanced than those two.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:21   Link #49
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
I NEVER had so much trouble in Soul Calibur matches (as in the entire series) till I faced The Apprentice in Arcade Mode here.
Arcade mode, lol

I can count the number of very good players who would have an interest in CPU fighting with... oh, wait, that doesn't even take a finger.

Old 2008-08-14, 13:32   Link #50
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Soph and Cass has always been high tier due to: Easy to use mix up game, frame advantage, easy to execute combos.

Apprentice is fast, but all his strong attacks are too slow, his combos are hard to execute, his tracking sucks, all his fast moves are useless unless he catches you attacking, then u eat his whole CH combo, which is y so many ppl have trouble in Arcade against him: the B key doesn't have to spammed.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:56   Link #51
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Soph and Cass has always been high tier due to: Easy to use mix up game, frame advantage, easy to execute combos.
That is true, but they are still balanced to the rest of the line up. I can have those two pitted against say, Nightmare and Siegfried the fall off isn't that much. I find Talim, Mitsurugi, and Voldo more unbalanced than those two after all.

Quote:
Apprentice is fast, but all his strong attacks are too slow, his combos are hard to execute, his tracking sucks, all his fast moves are useless unless he catches you attacking, then u eat his whole CH combo, which is y so many ppl have trouble in Arcade against him: the B key doesn't have to spammed.
Which is why I said if someone mastered him, the rest of the line-up stands little chance unless someone figures out how to use Algol to his full potential (which is even harder to do than The Apprentice.)
Old 2008-08-14, 14:06   Link #52
Ran-chan

I think it is a lot of fun. Have not had this much fun with a fighting game sense I would say SC2, but my main problems I have with it is A) star wars chars are way OP B) once you hit 30 achievements there just is no reason to go for the rest of them because there is nothing left to unlock. Oh and just for a complaint against Xbox live I had my account frozen about a month ago. Because I did not pay a charge I never got because I canceled my xbox live account a year prior, so when I went back to reactivate it. I cant and if I want to play on live again I have to delete my gamer tag and all the progress I have made achievement or storyline wise on all games I have ever played on it. Then make a new account and start from scratch. sorry still pissed and need to rant a little.

Last edited by Ran-chan; 2008-08-14 at 14:31.
Ran-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 14:25   Link #53
Ran-chan

Oh and I am not sure if this was changed in SC3 or not never got to play it but C) Knightmare does not have as much of a flow as he had in SC2 now some people will say that sieg flows like old Knightmare but he still does not have that flow I used to be able to put a 34 hit combo together with knightmare then again maybe this is a good change so that its more balanced but then again I just kinda upset that they changed knightmare into mostly a power char and less of a combo mid reach guy. Oh well still just ranting.
Ran-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 16:07   Link #54
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Mid-Ranged? He combos so many attacks that it is nearly impossible to keep up with him. He is hard as hell to use, but if someone mastered him, he would be unstoppable due to his speed, abilities, and combo attacks. I NEVER had so much trouble in Soul Calibur matches (as in the entire series) till I faced The Apprentice in Arcade Mode here.

And how are Sophitia and Cassandra unbalanced?

Voldo is more unbalanced than those two.
Dunno he was easy offline and easy online. Don't understand what the hubub is about. I think sucky game critics started the rumor. >_>

I don't know I have several friends I play with we where reasonable even, but the moment someone takes Spohitia or Cassandra he wins easy. It helps though that on the net only newbs seem to take the char so the unbalancedness doesn't hurt much. Note that the NPC Sophi/Cas isn't that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
That is true, but they are still balanced to the rest of the line up. I can have those two pitted against say, Nightmare and Siegfried the fall off isn't that much. I find Talim, Mitsurugi, and Voldo more unbalanced than those two after all.

Which is why I said if someone mastered him, the rest of the line-up stands little chance unless someone figures out how to use Algol to his full potential (which is even harder to do than The Apprentice.)
Nightmare? He sucked from what I've seen. Sieg was decent though. Talim isn't all that great either. Mitsurugi is a baddass, but still Sophi and Cas are on another level. They seem to have no flaws. :x

That said anyone have good strats against Sophi/Cass? I'm a Mitsu/Kilik player. =o
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 16:11   Link #55
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Starkiller isn't broken. He just has strong AI offline.
Tripfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 17:30   Link #56
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Dunno he was easy offline and easy online. Don't understand what the hubub is about. I think sucky game critics started the rumor. >_>
I thought so too... Before he showed up in Arcade Mode and kicked my ass all over the field for a good ten minutes before I got lucky and beat him. I had more trouble with him than I did Algol in the next match. A lot more. In SC games, only Night Terror is harder to beat IMO.

Quote:
I don't know I have several friends I play with we where reasonable even, but the moment someone takes Spohitia or Cassandra he wins easy. It helps though that on the net only newbs seem to take the char so the unbalancedness doesn't hurt much. Note that the NPC Sophi/Cas isn't that good.
I do admit that Sophita and Casasndra are really easy to pick up and use, but I don't see how they are superior to anyone. It isn't like they do a ton of damage or move exceptionally fast. They have quick attacks, but a couple Guard Impacts and a good combo pretty much dwindles down their health.

Quote:
Nightmare? He sucked from what I've seen. Sieg was decent though. Talim isn't all that great either. Mitsurugi is a baddass, but still Sophi and Cas are on another level. They seem to have no flaws. :x
Aww man. Nightmare kicks ASS in this game. His moves are a lot quicker than they ever been. I LOVE using Nightmare. My favorite character of all time.

Quote:
That said anyone have good strats against Sophi/Cass? I'm a Mitsu/Kilik player. =o
I don't think either of those characters you named should be a problem against the two of them. Kilik has a lot longer range and has just as quick of attacks and Mitsurugi can keep up with his quick attacks and strength.
Old 2008-08-15, 01:43   Link #57
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

You have to really be "pro" to begin to see how Soph and Cass is overpowered, they mayb newb friendly, but it's the mix-up game that they possess that really kills ppl.

No offense, but if u are getting whooped by StarKiller in Arcade, then you are not "pro" enuf just yet to evaluate characters strengths and weaknesses.

Just for a reference, I crushed StarKiller in under 1min, 2 straight wins, and I'm a considered a complete SC4 newb, that shows you the time you need to spend to become "pro".
Old 2008-08-15, 03:19   Link #58
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
You have to really be "pro" to begin to see how Soph and Cass is overpowered, they mayb newb friendly, but it's the mix-up game that they possess that really kills ppl.

No offense, but if u are getting whooped by StarKiller in Arcade, then you are not "pro" enuf just yet to evaluate characters strengths and weaknesses.

Just for a reference, I crushed StarKiller in under 1min, 2 straight wins, and I'm a considered a complete SC4 newb, that shows you the time you need to spend to become "pro".
Which is why I am not confident enough to go on-line.
Old 2008-08-15, 19:55   Link #59
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Grab a DVD copy of Tougeki SBO '07 and watch the SC3AE event to see the pros play. I'm also not a pro by any means, and in a game like SC, it's somewhat hard to see what's so "good" about pros from just watching their matches, but if you pay enough attention, it pays off.

Old 2008-08-15, 21:03   Link #60
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Imo being good in SC comes with spending hours and hours in training and arcade just perfecting combos and mixups, so you can actually react properly in any situation, and also perfecting JFs and GIs so that against newbs like us they can impact to give them enuf time to do all those pretty combos.

Those hrs...I don't have =<