AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 13:11   Link #101
Gordy Lechance

She' a pervert, yes, but the adorably innocent way she cries whenever she is rejected reminds me of the adorably innocent pervert Saebar Ryo from City Hunter, all the way back in the 1980's...

Come to think about it, Kuroko-chan is a LOT like a female version of Ryo-chan, isn't she? Cute, funny, sincere, immature and CANNOT keep it in her pants even if her life depended on it.
Old 2009-12-07, 13:18   Link #102
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'd have to agree with this guy. Her extremes may be freaky, but I still have to admit that I actually like Kuroko a bit more than Mikoto.
Third....

The best scene in Railgun is her SM sceen with Mikoto in that pool (just before ED of ep 2). Well you won't see such screen everyday.

She became much more serious lately through
Old 2009-12-07, 13:19   Link #103
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Third....

The best scene in Railgun is her SM sceen with Mikoto in that pool (just before ED of ep 2). Well you won't see such screen everyday.

She became much more serious lately through
Her "headbanger" at the cute side Mikoto never shows her in the cafe was simply price-less.

And yes, I'm still chuckling at how she "Tele-frags" Mikoto by dropping her poor partner on her head...
Old 2009-12-07, 16:50   Link #104
HyperCube

The way she talks makes all her charm
HyperCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 20:30   Link #105
Gordy Lechance

(Looks over shoulder for Lolicon-Police...)

That uniquely nassaly voice makes her sexy in a simultaneously mature-AND-immatuer way.
Old 2009-12-07, 23:26   Link #106
Dark Paladin X

Lol, I really enjoy Kuroko's love towards Misaka Mikoto even it is mostly one-sided.
Spoiler for episode 15:

I'd vote Wendee Lee to voice Shirai Kuroko for the English dub.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:27   Link #107
tsunade666

I wish they don't murder it if its going to be dub but hopes are rather turn to crumbles for me.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 00:42   Link #108
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wish they don't murder it if its going to be dub but hopes are rather turn to crumbles for me.

You can express you distaste if you want, but I'm just expressing my opinion that Wendee Lee should voice Shirai Kuroko due to her voice acting of Haruhi Suzumiya and Konata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 23:16   Link #109
tsunade666

I haven't watch the dub version yet of lucky star or melancholy of Suzumiya haruhi. I haven't even got a dvd version with dual for it.

Its just from past experience that I can say that its hard to hope but if your happy with it then it should be good.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 07:12   Link #110
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
I'd vote Wendee Lee to voice Shirai Kuroko for the English dub.
Good choice good sir.
Old 2009-12-09, 12:13   Link #111
hinakatbklyn

If trying to match the sub I would not go with Wendee Lee. I actually think no one in that group has anyone who could match Kuroko's hyper style. The only one in that group who could match Kuroko in terms of energy would be Julie Ann Taylor.
Spoiler for Prior Character References:

If we're going with another group though, there is a voice who could be just as annoying as the original and is just as hyper (it just might work). Britney Karbowsky.
Spoiler for Prior Character Reference:
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:47   Link #112
Lexich

I can't help but think that Kuroko's characterisation is supposed to be understood as "she is in *that* phase and just misunderstands her adoration of Mikoto as love". Thus she'll be forever yanked around for "comedy antics" and never receive any kind of serious "yes or no" answer from Misaka.
Lexich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 21:34   Link #113
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Kuroko/Touma= the universe was just divided by zero...

anyways, Kuroko is one of those I have mixed feelings about. She's not that bad of a character... but once she goes into "must seduce Onee-sama at all costs" mode (which is about 80~95% of the time), then I want someone to find a sniper and take her out before she uses her power. This is probably because A) I'm one of the few guys that actually is against yuri and B) I'm a MisakaxTouma fan all the way
I'm against it because in the anime she is more extreme than elsewhere and it pushes the balance too far away from when she's being competent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Could Kuroko beat Accelerator?
No.

Quote:
And for kuroko's teleportation. She can't teleport it directly inside the body of the enemy.
She can, but she doesn't wish to. The time when she nailed someone to the floor with her darts proves she has the accuracy and we know she can teleport things into other solid objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
As we can see in the power exam during the first episode of Railgun, her accuracy is decidedly not close enough to hit within an area the size of one person.
When she is attempting to teleport something to demonstrate her maximum range and weight limit.

We haven't for example seen any evidence of vertical errors of the magnitude you suggest while she's teleporting around.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 21:54   Link #114
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Kuroko/Touma= the universe was just divided by zero...

anyways, Kuroko is one of those I have mixed feelings about. She's not that bad of a character... but once she goes into "must seduce Onee-sama at all costs" mode (which is about 80~95% of the time), then I want someone to find a sniper and take her out before she uses her power. This is probably because A) I'm one of the few guys that actually is against yuri and B) I'm a MisakaxTouma fan all the way
I'm against it because in the anime she is more extreme than elsewhere and it pushes the balance too far away from when she's being competent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Could Kuroko beat Accelerator?
No.

Quote:
And for kuroko's teleportation. She can't teleport it directly inside the body of the enemy.
She can, but she doesn't wish to. The time when she nailed someone to the floor with her darts proves she has the accuracy and we know she can teleport things into other solid objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
As we can see in the power exam during the first episode of Railgun, her accuracy is decidedly not close enough to hit within an area the size of one person.
When she is attempting to teleport something to demonstrate her maximum range and weight limit.

We haven't for example seen any evidence of vertical errors of the magnitude you suggest while she's teleporting around.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 22:13   Link #115
aldw

Accelerator would mop the floor with Kuroko, considering that a higher ranked (not only in raw power) teleporter was beaten by him, it takes someone like Touma or Tsuchimikado for that matter to beat him.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:20   Link #116
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

People so weak they don't even have a rank.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:43   Link #117
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
People may get pissed off, but, IMHO, in the anime she comes across as a useless comic relief character. You can delete her from the anime and the story will not be affected in the slightest.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 20:10   Link #118
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
People may get pissed off, but, IMHO, in the anime she comes across as a useless comic relief character. You can delete her from the anime and the story will not be affected in the slightest.
As if we care about the story in Railgun. This series is all about the characters, and Kuroko is very unique and exceptionaly well made character with beautiful appearance / voice and even more beautiful personality. Comic relief character my ass! Go watch your weekly shounen, you're 10 years too young to understand moeblob genre.

Дурак он и есть дурак ^^
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 07:15   Link #119
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Though as heroes of the story they always appear mighty and invincible, in fact all of them would be quite vulnerable to a half-decent special forces team from just about anywhere.
- A Half-Decent Spec Ops team with knowledge of the character's weakness. Delta, SAS, Devgru (et.al.) would definitely insist on knowing what they're dealing with first. And there IS a reason why Anti-Skill, for all the Keystone Kops candor they're portrayed in the series, is kitted out like a SWAT team.

On the other hand, there's a lot of people (And by that, I mean fans, not in-universe chara) who don't like it when 'ordinary' people with guns messes up their beliefs about superpowered characters--just look at Stormwatch:Team Achilles and it's not-so-great run.

Back-on-topic...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 18:24   Link #120
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Hehehehe well, Mikoto also can get deleted from Index series and the story will not be afected after the third arc. But you know some cameos of her are not thaaaat bad.
I desagree about Kuroko she still has a role in both Railgun and Index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- A Half-Decent Spec Ops team with knowledge of the character's weakness. Delta, SAS, Devgru (et.al.) would definitely insist on knowing what they're dealing with first. And there IS a reason why Anti-Skill, for all the Keystone Kops candor they're portrayed in the series, is kitted out like a SWAT team.

On the other hand, there's a lot of people (And by that, I mean fans, not in-universe chara) who don't like it when 'ordinary' people with guns messes up their beliefs about superpowered characters--just look at Stormwatch:Team Achilles and it's not-so-great run.

Back-on-topic...
The same is aplied in the Index-universe but you have to wait for their time to be introduced.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote