AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-23, 15:47   Link #20861
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I'm glad that Touma is a hero, he was a villain, even Batman would have problem.
Lets not get carried away here shall we
But this isn't about Batman who would've been 2 steps ahead everyone, credit where credits due cuz touma did good job deceiving birdway
Old 2012-10-23, 15:49   Link #20862
Acer
Death to the infidels!

sorry, really overreacted.
Old 2012-10-23, 15:52   Link #20863
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Having a hole in your torso is going to put a damper on the whole Hero thing... And this guy is supposedly fine enough to be carrying around unconscious girls on his back the next day?
Old 2012-10-23, 16:00   Link #20864
Daft

Completely out of context, but when i read "He felt as if anxiety and fear were letting out toxic components into his brain which were destroying the basic structure of his right hand. " I just thought to myself, "Come out dragon, come out dragon, are you ever going to pop out again!?"
Old 2012-10-23, 16:18   Link #20865
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Definitely feels like quite the teaser, a big one at that.

Never thought the day, Touma would bring out a plan and make it succeed. On Birdway no less. Damn!

Epilogue & Afterword is all that's left...FREEEEEN + DAAAAA!!!
Fixed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I like how he was getting the upper-hand on Birdway in the conversation. But that's always been him though
I would like to see this as a victory for Touma but Birdway barely said something because Touma was annoying her with his usual lecturing .
I wonder what kind of answer we could get from Birdway if she just told Touma to shut up...

Still I can not see the Light Yagami on Touma, its not like Touma did it all while safe, I mean the guy not only run into her but also Anti-Skill ended using live ammo on him .
And if she was able to see the posibilities that happened on Baggage City I can't think she was really tricked at all :S. Its not like she and Ollerus' team have only one plan.

Btw, who said Ollerus group would kill Fraulein besides Thor? I just don't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I like how he was getting the upper-hand on Birdway in the conversation. But that's always been him though
I would like to see this as a victory for Touma but Birdway barely said something because Touma was annoying her with his usual lecturing .
I wonder what kind of answer we could get from Birdway if she just told Touma to shut up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft
Completely out of context, but when i read "He felt as if anxiety and fear were letting out toxic components into his brain which were destroying the basic structure of his right hand. " I just thought to myself, "Come out dragon, come out dragon, are you ever going to pop out again!?"
To think its only because a loli showed him her back without caring his lecturing and the drill threat. Even Fiamma + WWWIII + Gabriel + Holy Right wasn't able to put him that scared .

P.S.:
Before NT: Anti-Skill is portrayed as useless fodder (like Anbu from Naruto )
Now onNT: Anti-Skill not only useless now they also went stupid.

Seriously, there is a serious lack of Yomikawas on AC, eh? .
Old 2012-10-23, 16:26   Link #20866
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Ollerus implied they can turn back the world as how it was as long as they remember it.
However, Turning back the time, is a different matter. That doesn't always equal to "correcting distortions" you know. It might work for science;adventures but it doesn't always work for more complex worlds like Nasuverse or Haruhi because some distortions work retroactively in time and some don't.
Hmm... I may need to explain better my point view.

I don't think Ollerus implied that returning the world to how it was is a matter of memory. The way I interpret it, magic creates an irreversible process, think entropy or even Chaos Theory. Once the magic is used, even if the magician remembers how everything was, he cannot return the original state with his magic, maybe he can put it in a similar state, but just not the original.

If it's like that, only by controlling time (the target's local time) or entropy could the original state be recovered... Or through Touma's ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Ok, assuming you're not wrong ... what's the probability of world's water changing into orange juice?
By itself? none. Through her magic I'd say it's a certain thing. So the 50% would not apply (as you said, assuming I'm not wrong). Going by that she could turn all the world's water into orange juice with a 100% accuracy, if she wanted to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Having a hole in your torso is going to put a damper on the whole Hero thing... And this guy is supposedly fine enough to be carrying around unconscious girls on his back the next day?
They have the miraculous Dr. Gekota. If Kuroko could somehow heal nasty wounds with counter medicine (invented by said doctor), with the real thing Touma should be all right in no time.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:41   Link #20867
Acer
Death to the infidels!

considering what she said at the end. “Well, I knew this was a possibility.”

do not think she would say something very different than Touma concluded. But I guess now we'll never know.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:44   Link #20868
requiem4baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To Touma its only a flesh wound.
At least after he visits Heaven Canceler.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:53   Link #20869
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

She seemed to be pretty defeated to me, she could have said something Touma obviously had her pinned.

Also yeah Touma would be a dangerous villain, it's like Kamachi said even though he acts very serious to something, he'll just go an be very serious to something else. Luckily, saving people is what catches him.

If he had a thing for liking people suffer, things would be bad
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-10-23, 16:57   Link #20870
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right
She seemed to be pretty defeated to me, she could have said something Touma obviously had her pinned.
Are we talking about the same Touma who saved Fiamma when he had the chance to left him to die .

Nah, Touma wouldn't dare maybe if something made him go blood thirsty like that terrorist on Vol.17 but even then he didn't kill the guy.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:00   Link #20871
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Touma kills with kindness. Like some kind of 'plague', everyone he meets somehow gets afflicted with a doubt to their morals.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:04   Link #20872
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Are we talking about the same Touma who saved Fiamma when he had the chance to left him to die .

Nah, Touma wouldn't dare maybe if something made him go blood thirsty like that terrorist on Vol.17 but even then he didn't kill the guy.
I wasn't talking about physically I was talking about in the conversation

Old 2012-10-23, 17:05   Link #20873
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Touma kills with kindness. Like some kind of 'plague', everyone he meets somehow gets afflicted with a doubt to their morals.
It's pretty much the way he fights, if they have doubt, Touma capitalizes. He doesn't need to kill because he's killed their illusion, so them coming back for more is unlikely...

Old 2012-10-23, 17:08   Link #20874
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Birdway definitely changed something in Touma, but still can not say clearly what.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:15   Link #20875
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Only the people who has weak beliefs and/or don't have any determination.

Acqua(full fleshed determination) doesn't care a damn abou Touma's ideals for example and thats why he just curbstomped him. The way talked to/about Touma. From NT Vol.1, 2 and 3 I feel the same vibes from Birdway.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:16   Link #20876
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Birdway definitely changed something in Touma, but still can not say clearly what.
I feel the same way. Also where do people get the idea Birdway was crying for Touma because I don't seem to get that in that scene,
Old 2012-10-23, 17:22   Link #20877
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
I feel the same way. Also where do people get the idea Birdway was crying for Touma because I don't seem to get that in that scene,
I think it went both ways. Just because she got worried over Touma it doesn't mean she lost sight of her mission. Its her afterall, she can be cheerful and at the same time a punishing zealot, not good yet no evil.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:25   Link #20878
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
From NT Vol.1, 2 and 3 I feel the same vibes from Birdway.
Quote:
And if she was able to see the possibilities that happened on Baggage City I can't think she was really tricked at all :S. Its not like she and Ollerus' team have only one plan.
Thinking of it that way...

With how the chapter ended, it seemed like she willingly went along with Touma's plan and let Ollerus and the rest get fooled. With this line of thought, there's a possibility that she's giving Touma 'room to breath' of sorts.

It may not be doubt, but this would imply Birdway has some level of trust in Touma.

Last edited by rubix22; 2012-10-23 at 17:45.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:38   Link #20879
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am secretly praying that the plot would develop in a way that everyone have misinterpreted Ollerus's goal, and he is after something nobody has expected... say... what he is truely after Dark Matter for the purpose of developing his own Horusian theory. Or trying to make a second contact with GUTS to recurit him to his side. Or is trying to reach Kumokawa who knows Touma before his memory loss which holds vital information over IB. Etc. Etc.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:51   Link #20880
Miraluka
Banned

I'm expecting a fight between Gremlin' members turning against each other.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen