AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-12-13, 20:51   Link #1
AnimeFan188

Blade Runner 2049

Harrison Ford Says Blade Runner 2 Script Is Best Thing He's Ever Read:

"Get excited! Director Ridley Scott recently told MTV that Harrison Ford absolutely
loves the script for the upcoming Blade Runner sequel. So much so that Ford
apparently called it the best thing he's ever read. Let's hope he's even half right.

"I sent him [the script] and he said 'wow, this is the best thing I've ever read' so it's
very relevant to what happened [in] the first one," Scott told MTV. "I'm not just
doing a sequel with lots of action and see how far we can go with the special
effects, because you can't really."

It's still unclear if Ridley Scott will direct the new Blade Runner movie, but it's looking
increasingly likely that he won't. The script is ready and we'll just have to wait and
see how this all shakes out. Scott understands the importance of Blade Runner to so
many people, so hopefully there will be no major hiccups along the way."

See:

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/harri...85432/+megneal
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 10:19   Link #2
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Screams of joy

Loved Blade Runner so much such a enticing film, will hold back full blown hype train as its very early days
Old 2014-12-14, 10:55   Link #3
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hmmm, Ridley Scott hasn't had much to go for with his recent films though, so will slightly dubious for the time being.
Old 2014-12-14, 11:37   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, can we discuss the rather-twisty ending of the original Blade Runner openly, or do we have to use spoiler-tags? Frankly, it should've been public knowledge by now just like Empire Strikes Back's "I am your fatheeeerrrrrr!!" and Planet of the Apes' "This is Earth!"-ending.

Also, Blade Runner is famous for having so many versions (workprint, US theater cut, International cut, faux-Director's cut, official-Director's cut, Final Cut, etc), so which version do people here (who have watched them) like the most? I can't comment much on this as I've only seen the Director's Cut (1991)-version.

And I do hope this won't be another Prometheus. The writing on that movie is all over the place. It'll be sad to see the writer of this new BR ruin Ridley's masterpiece if that indeed happen.
Old 2016-12-19, 22:05   Link #5
YF19EX

Blade Runner 2049

I hear the Vangelis style soundtrack. But I am hoping they don't screw this one up. The original set the tone of how I view Cyberpunk to be in non animated from. Oh and lets see if Harrison can survive this one or is he looking to eliminate himself from all his franchises.

YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 12:03   Link #6
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Official Trailer.

Old 2017-05-08, 14:49   Link #7
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Oh ho? That looks pretty interesting to be sure....

And yes - the OST is quite fitting. ^^
Old 2017-05-08, 19:57   Link #8
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, this could be good.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 23:46   Link #9
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Speculation on the Internet seems to be that Deckard is revealed as a Replicant, and part of Gosling's job in the movie is to take him out. Personally I'm speculating that his is the story we are given early on in the movie, but it turns out to be a lie. Deckard is as human as anyone, and not only is Gosling's character revealed to be the one who is a Replicant, but so are all the other Blade Runners, as it was decided some time shortly after the original movie that Replicants unaware of their own natures would be able to hunt other Replicants better than humans, due to a combination of subconscious relatability and programmed loyalty. Sean Young's character in the first one was something of a "proof of concept" for the idea of an "ignorant Replicant", one that was apparently successful.
Old 2017-05-11, 14:57   Link #10
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Speculation on the Internet seems to be that Deckard is revealed as a Replicant, and part of Gosling's job in the movie is to take him out. Personally I'm speculating that his is the story we are given early on in the movie, but it turns out to be a lie. Deckard is as human as anyone, and not only is Gosling's character revealed to be the one who is a Replicant, but so are all the other Blade Runners, as it was decided some time shortly after the original movie that Replicants unaware of their own natures would be able to hunt other Replicants better than humans, due to a combination of subconscious relatability and programmed loyalty. Sean Young's character in the first one was something of a "proof of concept" for the idea of an "ignorant Replicant", one that was apparently successful.
That would be interesting, sadly I doubt it'll happen simply because I lost my faith in Holywood having interesting plots some time ago

The trailer looks good but ultimately doesn't tell me much aside from the good looking photography and choice of soundtrack. I'll still watch it though.
Old 2017-07-17, 09:07   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

2nd Trailer.

Old 2017-09-04, 16:30   Link #12
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2017-09-27, 02:45   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Critics' first reactions to Blade Runner 2049 are overwhelmingly positive

Well, I'm certainly glad to hear that at it doesn't sound bad. It'd be sad to see one of sci-fi pinnacle movie that inspired Ghost in the Shell being tarnished by the hand of its own original director *coughprometheuscoughaliencovenantcough*. If the praises for 2049 are true then it really enforced the notion that Ridley's franchises are best continued by other directors & writers with a solid vision and know what they're doing.

Oh wait, the original writer of Blade Runner actually came back to wrote this sequel. They really need to do that more often.