AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-05-08, 10:55   Link #161
Galaxian

While the animation continues it's free fall, this episode was the best one yet.

The characterization for Deathmask, Aphrodite, and Milo was great, the new reveal about Camus was cool, and the two new God Warriors (Camus childhood friend and Siegfried's younger brother) are the most interesting yet.

Also, I'm not a fan of Saga, but that bit of a cliffhanger ending was pretty cool.

Last edited by Galaxian; 2015-05-08 at 11:15.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:19   Link #162
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Yeah, this was definitely the best episode in every regard. Camus' situation is interesting (although he's rather obviously collecting info and analyzing the situation there...he was clearly just trying to stop Milo from entering a lost battle), and Surt and Siegfried's brother both have more going on than the previous God Warriors already. The characterization was on point compared to the strange treatment of Aldebaran and Dohko last time.
Only low point for me this week would be Aiolia and Lyfia, as their scenes are starting to bore me. Not feeling the chemistry.

Also, now i'm not sure if the art has issues or i'm just not very fond of the character design, period. Aiolia looks weird in pretty much every shot, and Deathmask almost seems like a different person.

Btw, will they finish the opening or just keep using scenes from the previous episode? 'Cause that is cheap.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:42   Link #163
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

ah, they still mention that 1000 days battle bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Btw, will they finish the opening or just keep using scenes from the previous episode? 'Cause that is cheap.
way to recap without wasting time

Last edited by ninjastarforcex; 2015-05-08 at 12:08.
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 12:14   Link #164
Galaxian

The only part of this episode that I can actually see it look good was Saga stepping out of the flames at the end.
Old 2015-05-08, 12:54   Link #165
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Idont like Camus he doing join force with God Warrior Surt of Eikschnir they twice gangbang Milo in Fight poor my Belove Milo them Almighty Saga to the rescue for sure Saga gonna taste them true terror of power Gemini Gold saint.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 14:26   Link #166
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Next episode, Saga kills all seven God warriors by himself because hes a badass like that.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 14:32   Link #167
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
Idont like Camus he doing join force with God Warrior Surt of Eikschnir they twice gangbang Milo in Fight poor my Belove Milo them Almighty Saga to the rescue for sure Saga gonna taste them true terror of power Gemini Gold saint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Next episode, Saga kills all seven God warriors by himself because hes a badass like that.
Or Saga joins the God Warriors because if he joins the bad guys 5 times he gets a free sub and he's only 1 away.

As for Camus, either he is just faking it, or it will be revealed that Sutr killed his own sister himself.
Old 2015-05-08, 15:17   Link #168
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
As for Camus, either he is just faking it, or it will be revealed that Sutr killed his own sister himself.
Well, Camus DID say something about Milo being unable to reach Yggdrasil as he is right now. Is Camus even feeling the Cosmos drain that Aiolia and Mu are feeling upon approaching Yggdrasil? If not, well...

That or Surtr (using Old Norse spelling) might even turn over a new leaf if they want to go the unpredictable route (maybe Camus unfailing loyalty would win him over, obviously with a flashback to his sister telling him to always get along with Camus or something).

It would be hilarious if after everyone goes "Saga?!" and the Gemini Saint is like "Um, no, I'm Kanon, sorry for not being my brother". Actually, could it be possible for the other Gemini Saint to have been rezzed as well?

Actually, in the OP shot with Andreas and the God Warriors, I see someone with a sickle in the back and with a suspiciously similar hairstyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't met that God Warrior yet, right?

Other than that, it's pretty much confirmed that soylent greenYggdrasil's Blessing is peopleAsgardians, especially when you consider that flower girl coughing out of the blue. Whatever experiment happening in the previous episode was probably an effort to increase the blessing or something. I wonder if the flower girl's illness will be the reason why Deathmask changes his attitude?

Other than that I liked Mu blatantly shipping Lyfia/Aiolia (and Lyfia was so clueless that I facepalmed), and I laughed at how one shouldn't judge a Saint by either cover, attitude, gambling debt, early drinking habits and so on.

Animation still feels underwhelming, but there are a couple of nice shots here and there.
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 15:53   Link #169
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Poor Kanon. He spent some time exterminating Specters and he gets no new life.

Also it's amazing how the Sanctuary OVAs had better animation.
Old 2015-05-08, 17:06   Link #170
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
Well, Camus DID say something about Milo being unable to reach Yggdrasil as he is right now. Is Camus even feeling the Cosmos drain that Aiolia and Mu are feeling upon approaching Yggdrasil? If not, well...
I'm pretty sure he is, otherwise he could overpower Milo very easily. He was talking about Milo still being hurt, which stopped their "one thousand wars", giving Camus an edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
way to recap without wasting time
Although they're still recapping, too
Old 2015-05-08, 17:15   Link #171
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I like it when death mask make joke about gold saints not being on the same page, the wailing wall was indeed a miracle.
Old 2015-05-08, 17:31   Link #172
Irisiel

As underwhelming as I find the animation, at least Soul of Gold feels like a Saint Seiya anime, IMO. Camp, shounen hot-blood, and somewhat dated, over the top, so it feels like Saint Seiya. Which is pretty important to me since I found most of Sailor Moon Crystal not feeling like Sailor Moon to me (yes, it hews closer to the manga, but the manga had multiple faults born of a rushed release schedule, and instead of taking advantage of patching these things, Crystal highlighted and in some cases made it worse). Same thing happened with Slayers Revolution/Evolution-R.

So I'm much more forgiving of Soul of Gold than I probably would be, had I not been so disappointed by those two.
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 22:20   Link #173
Goty

Just realized the official summary for episode 4 calls Saga "the most powerful Gold Saint".
So we're sure he is, at least as far as Toei is concerned..
Old 2015-05-08, 22:24   Link #174
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Just realized the official summary for episode 4 calls Saga "the most powerful Gold Saint".
Based Toei canon.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 09:57   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The end of the episode was awesome. I hope the next episode isn't going to have Milo and Saga retreat right away, I want to see Saga fuck everybody's shit up.
Old 2015-05-09, 10:00   Link #176
ninjastarforcex

Quote:
its irrelevant, every gold saints in saint saiya have been called "the strongest among gold saints!" at least 69 times. thats how terrible the power level in saint seiya universe
basically who shout the most ORE NO COSMOOOOO win
Old 2015-05-09, 11:15   Link #177
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
its irrelevant, every gold saints in saint saiya have been called "the strongest among gold saints!" at least 69 times. thats how terrible the power level in saint seiya universe
basically who shout the most ORE NO COSMOOOOO win
In the South America dub, I remember Milo being called the strongest Saint.
Old 2015-05-09, 11:22   Link #178
ninjastarforcex

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
In the South America dub, I remember Milo being called the strongest Saint.
they said the same to aldebaran, camus, aiolia, saga, shaka, mu and the other goldies as well....
Old 2015-05-09, 11:39   Link #179
Galaxian

Guys, guys there is not reason to have this argument again... Seiya is the strongest Gold Saint.
Old 2015-05-09, 11:48   Link #180
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Guys, guys there is not reason to have this argument again... Seiya is the strongest Gold Saint.
only in Omega.