Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 06:18   Link #101
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ it is part of the comedy (and it works for my..."flat as paper ~ doujin!?"
but honestly i am oblivious to such stuff as quality changes unless it is truly distinctive...and for this series im not that bothered (as ive seen worse disformed faces) ~ the comedy remains to be impressive and refreshing :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 09:35   Link #102
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Ep. 3

Still can't get enough of it, -the short episodes doesn't seem help either.
..but, yes, in terms of quality and comedy, there's a slight noticeable change when compared to the first and second episode

-
Old 2007-07-26, 10:15   Link #103
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
Ep. 3

Still can't get enough of it, -the short episodes doesn't seem help either.
..but, yes, in terms of quality and comedy, there's a slight noticeable change when compared to the first and second episode

-
Yea for pics, *saves* Justice can be so dumb sometimes
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:42   Link #104
LKK

I finally got around to watching the first 3 subs. I was surprised at how many times I literally laughed out loud. I wasn't expecting the show to be that funny. I was unsure about watching this based on what I had read here and there, but after actually watching the show, I'm definitely on board for the long haul.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 01:48   Link #105
Fruitfly

There seem to be a guy who's releasing really fast subs and releasing them only on a few streaming sites. So episode 4 is out by him (he also released lucky star 16 fyi )

Episode 4 was the funniest of the series so far imo. Can't get enough of Justice's reaction to what Najimi does.
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 14:09   Link #106
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ thanks fruitfly ^.^

for anyone who wants summary for episode 4 is up on my blog

“goshujin sama” Nekomimi modo! ~ Doujin Work Episode 4

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-07-27, 15:15   Link #107
nanafan
horo fan

that was a funny episode. hilarious to see how najimi acts..cute in her uniform too.
Spoiler for omurice message:
i also wonder how tall justice was when he was a kid, he probably was of normal height right?
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 14:32   Link #108
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep5:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 21:40   Link #109
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I'm going to be sacreligious and say this anime is much funnier than Lucky Star! It is made of win, I don't think I've laughed so much all year. It's a nice chunk of otaku culture that you can understand without reading translation notes and trying to ID every little reference, an aspect of Lucky Star which is starting to wear me down because the dialogue is so densely packed that the initial novelty has worn off and it's becoming a chore to follow. With Doujin Work I can instead spend that precious time rolling around on the floor laughing.

What's really funny is that there really are female hentai doujn artists around like Tsuyuri, I immediately thought of Yuna Kagesaki's descriptions of her high school years, and how she got started as a mangaka, which you can find in her Karin omake for instance. (she's the author of Karin for those who don't know, and frequently depicts herself as a nosebleeding otaku)

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 23:16   Link #110
nanafan
horo fan

i agree that doujin's references are easy to figure out. i always laugh when i watch it, one of my top favorites!
Old 2007-08-01, 10:31   Link #111
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Finally watched ep 4 subbed
Yeah, another great episode, Justice is just too funny
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 22:13   Link #112
Asrialys

Anyone know what Tsuyuri was referring to after the ending credits of episode 4?
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 06:08   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode four was the perfect blend of comedy, of course most of that came from Justice being so awesome --- this is what i wanted to see in a Doujin Work adaptation.

Are we going to see a DVD extra of Justice working in the cafe?
Old 2007-08-02, 10:47   Link #114
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Anyone know what Tsuyuri was referring to after the ending credits of episode 4?
If you mean the subtitles comment, I think she may be referring to the japanese subtitles that pop up on various occasions, such as the ones saying "this is not a tsundere cafe!"

Also after one ep. they had a play on the standard caution that you often see appear on-screen at the start of children's anime (ever since the infamous Pokemon epilepsy incident) that you should watch the TV in good lighting and not sit too close to the screen - in the case of Doujin Work they added the rider that depending on the content you might want to watch in a different room to the rest of your family: I guess they are referring to ecchi stuff including Doujin Work itself.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 18:16   Link #115
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Najimi in that outfit was just <3.

Still alittle irked at the half episode length format though...Just feels like the show cuts off abruptly when im really getting into a episode.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 02:15   Link #116
Fruitfly

Subs for episode 5 are out by albert402
I think it's best for Justice to be the main character of the show. He's so awsome
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 08:02   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

finally i should say

if anyone wants...

Lets do it together! <3 ~ Doujin Work Ep 5

Old 2007-08-07, 15:19   Link #118
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 6:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 20:37   Link #119
nanafan
horo fan

i love how naive justice is..
Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2007-08-09, 16:56   Link #120
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus View Post
...This show needs more Tsuyuri centric episodes since she's always stealing the show....
True. I think that Saitou Momoko's voice work contributes to that, even if it is mainly the script. Momoko rose to prominence with her second role, as Solty in Solty Rei and went straight to being a fixture as a TV host. She was also Uma in Magipoka and Choko in Chokotto Sister.

One can see from the live part of ep6 that she can be fairly humorous in real life. There, she and Sora's VA, Koyama Kimiko, take lessons from a teacher of manga skills on how to be a mangaka's assistant, preparing work for publication. They do a decent job and also manage to give the teacher a hard time. The whole thing is pretty interesting, actually.

Saitou Momoko 斎藤桃子
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-09 at 17:16.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen